Stop fighting!

7BEaHke.png?1

You guys are supposed to be friends! Beacons of hope!

NzLX9a2.png?1

But your all going at each other's throats!

HAPxHjU.png?1

How can you be like this a few weeks after coming together?

wzVMMic.png?2

Puhuhu don't you get it?

7BEaHke.png?1

Uwaah?!

EDOsfob.png?1

They're fetishizing their despair and drama!

gwN1P9J.png?1

And try as they might, none of them are exempt!

jKwZEuI.png?1

Sure they like to to say they all hate drama, but let's face it.

ziN0Etw.png?1

They're probably doing unspeakable things with it right now... Aah... ʕథ౪థʔ

z9rZIyg.png?1

No! Th-they're better than that! I believe in my students!

Rjy7vjl.png?1

Rrr just believing in them isn't enough you stupid rabbit!

wzVMMic.png?2

They don't even believe in themselves puhuhu

NzLX9a2.png?1

!

7BEaHke.png?1

You guys believe in everyone...

HAPxHjU.png?1

Right?

[spoiler=Press F2?]

Usami:
You guys are supposed to be friends! Beacons of hope!
But your all going at each other's throats!
How can you be like this a few weeks after coming together?

Monokuma:
Puhuhu don't you get it?

Usami:
Uwaah?!

Monokuma:
They're fetishizing their despair and drama!
And try as they might, none of them are exempt!
Sure they like to to say they all hate drama, but let's face it.
They're probably doing unspeakable things with it right now... Aah... ʕథ౪థʔ

Usami:
No! Th-they're better than that! I believe in my students!

Monokuma:
Rrr just believing in them isn't enough you stupid rabbit!
They don't even believe in themselves puhuhu

Usami:
!
You guys believe in everyone...
Right?

(Probably going to be severely off-topic, but I think this thread belongs in Miscellaneous anyway, so…)

Might as well put it out there, but a former friend of mine introduced me to DanganRonpa, basically played the victim if I didn't keep to a strict schedule of watching Let's Plays with him, threw tantrums about how "important" the series was to him, and basically tried to spin our friendship at the time to guilt-trip me, because otherwise I'd feel bad as if I "let him down". There were a lot of other things wrong with him, but basically, that guy really soured me on the series, not helped by Junko being one of the most poorly written villains I've ever witnessed. The guy wanted his opinions to be the absolute most definitive truthy truthy truths of truthness in the entire world, with DanganRonpa as the greatest thing in the world, because it's very important to him, which I guess somehow means no one is allowed to badmouth it.

Hope is generally a concept I really like in stories. DanganRonpa twisted that, contrasting it against despair, yet it kept waxing poetic about the dichotomy between hope and despair yet ultimately saying nothing of merit about that contrast. Plus, it's not like it's hard for the audience to fetishize despair in DanganRonpa, considering that Junko herself ranges to drooling to outright orgasms over the very thought of despair.

Suffice it to say, DanganRonpa - or at least the guy who introduced me to it - pretty firmly solidified my absolute disdain for people who pride themselves as unconditionally better than anyone else. I did not appreciate being gaslighted by that guy, who pretty much dictated my life's schedule, because I was afraid that if I said "No" to him, I'd be a jerk who simply didn't about what he liked. I usually do not like to believe that a single fan, let alone an entire fandom, could hurt the media that the fandom surrounds, but DanganRonpa would have to be an exception for me. I really do not like people who are desperate for power plays.

So I'm going to cling to hope, as I refuse to fetishize despair. Despair can die in a fire.

(I… "hope" this does not sound like a personal attack against you. I don't want to make you feel bad for liking DanganRonpa. I was reminding myself of what a complete prick that other guy was immediately before I saw this thread, so I wanted to take this opportunity to vent.)

Archived