The Banning of Enguin Engs Part 2

Hallohallo

So now you are openly saying he shouldn't have been banned. What prevents you from reversing this, beyond pride and hatred? Just because you chose to make less of a mistake than you originally planned doesn't make you right.

tf did I just rant about

Why even hate on Enguin that hard? He's always struck me as fairly chaotic neutral. 

I'm not saying Enguin should have immunity or anything and I'm sure he can live out 5 days or so, but someone with a self-professed "passionate hatred" for a given member shouldn't be the one punishing them. If Enguin breaks the rules in future, it should be up to someone other than Yui to deal with him. 

So now you are openly saying he shouldn't have been banned. What prevents you from reversing this, beyond pride and hatred? Just because you chose to make less of a mistake than you originally planned doesn't make you right.

Because at this point, if I do that, it looks like I did it because of member pressure. I always hated when mods seemed to do that, so I'm not about to do something I hate over my first real mistake as mod. As Polaris said, he can live five days without us, and as I said at some point during all this, y'all can live five days without him. If people hadn't gone and sparked this up into what it is now, I probably would have undone it this afternoon, in fact, since the other factor stopping me was I had to prepare a lengthy PM for him that I'll be sending upon his return.

He'll be informed every bit as clearly as the rest of you have by now that I absolutely made a huge mistake. Likewise, I'll take this moment to inform you just as straight as I'll be telling him, even if it's Enguin, I feel no joy from handing out any form of punishment, much less a ban.

Why even hate on Enguin that hard? He's always struck me as fairly chaotic neutral. 

I'm not saying Enguin should have immunity or anything and I'm sure he can live out 5 days or so, but someone with a self-professed "passionate hatred" for a given member shouldn't be the one punishing them. If Enguin breaks the rules in future, it should be up to someone other than Yui to deal with him. 

I acted mostly off misunderstandings, not so much personal feelings. Even with members I held previous distastes for, I've generally been pretty fair with my punishments so far, if not a bit lenient. If I was aware that I wasn't to ban Enguin, he likely would have just been tossed three or four warning points and I'd call it a day. I'll be paying closer attention in the future, and thinking about the punishments I'm handing out more carefully in the case of if I feel for a second that ban is even loosely being considered in my head, to prevent repeats of this mistake.

So you are rolling with an admittedly wrong, completely reversible decision, so as to keep up appearances? Would you rather have a system where you can look like you don't need to listen to members and your own boss, not to mention common sense, or would you rather do the right thing?

This is far more disappointing than you making the mistake in the first place. Everyone messes up, but refusing to improve is just childish. I've been trying hard not to personally insult you, because until a few days ago, you were doing great, and we are friends, but this whole thing is just really funking dumb at this point.

Archived