She is LaDD (Light and Darkness Divinity)

Kanashimi

R6i7EpC.png

Light and Darkness Divinity

DARK/Level 8

Fairy/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand or GY) by banishing 1 LIGHT, 1 DARK, and 1 Dragon monster from your hand or GY. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. Once per Chain, during either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated: This card loses exactly 500 ATK and DEF, then, target 1 monster on the field; the targeted monster is unaffected by that card or effect during that chain. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Discard all card(s) from your hand; add 1 "Light and Darkness Dragon" from your Deck or GY to your hand, its Level becomes 4 while in your hand. Cards discarded to activate this effect cannot activate its effect while in the GY this turn.

2400/2800

"Once upon a time, there was a Goddess of Protection, guarding those prayers and peoples from cataclysmic catastrophe. With the both LIGHT and DARK powers, she able to control the chaos, and guard those whose in need. Worried with an unending calamity, she made a pact with the black dragon, in hope of aquiring the legendary dragon powers. But, the dragonic powers consume her, putting a curse to the Goddess herself and soon she become the chaos incarnate herself."

Eh nothing i can say more, a simple LaDD and chaos deck support. I wonder if its too strong? or too weak?

I find it fair, actually. Not requiring to be Normal Summoned is a plus, getting the 3 requirements in the grave shouldn't be an issue while preventing it from being too splashable so you most likely will need a semi-dedicated deck to be played, turning LaDD Dragon into a Level4 is great, and the stats keep it from beating too much. IMO the protection effect is kind of underwhelming but its main selling point is the Level4 LaDD.

By the way, what if you have no cards in the hand to discard? Can the effect still be activated? Or do you need to be able to discard?

Too bad it's not LIGHT for it to be searchable by Power Valkyria or Benten.

Yea, initially the protection works to all monster on the field, but i think too much and toned down.

You cant activate her effect if u dont have card in ur hand, as cost must be paid to activate effect, see ally of justice decisive armor's last effect for ruling confirmation, works the same imo.

Making her dark cuz i want to inverse her from original ladd, inverse atk/def and attribute, or should i change to light instead? I doubt about benten running this tho

The main idea of the card is either used on ls deck or old chaos dragon, and the loop between this and original ladd. This add ladd, ladd revive this, add ladd again etc etc, given if it was destroyed.

I see. I asked because you could make the effect work even without a hand with a different wording, but it's intended to require at least 1 card, alright.

I don't think it would be practical in Cyber Angels actually; in theory Sauravis can be the Dragon to banish, but AFAIK it doesn't mesh well with Level6 Rituals. It would be tricky to play in anything with Power Valkyria, too. DARK/Fairy is alright.

Archived