Misbehaving Children of Irresponsible Parents

Arimetal

https://www.facebook.com/WFV.PAGE/videos/1232588190202463/

How do you feel about misbehaving children with irresponsible parents? Do you do anything when you see this type of behaviour?

1. I don't really like it, but it is not my responsibility to tell the kid to behave or the parents to actually do their jobs. I haven't run into this situation too much here to be honest; most is just kids having no common sense and playing on our driveway / on road after being told multiple times by my parents.*

Then again, if action is taken, said parents are either going to complain "mind your own business", "oh, but they're just kids" or want to get violent because someone's telling them to keep their kid on a leash (not a literal one, but keep them under control). 

2. Most I can really do is tell the kid off sternly for most cases (hey kid, knock it off). Let's say the kid was hitting people at random (either with the shopping cart or randomly punching); I won't grab their arm because parent will either react with violence or potential lawsuit afterwards for grabbing their kid, even though the blame lies on the parent for not raising their kid properly and keeping them restrained.

=====

In short, while I dislike shitty parents who can't keep their kid in line and teach them proper manners in public spaces, there's not much that I can / want to do without triggering a potential lawsuit or retaliation from said parent(s). 

=====

[spoiler=Elaboration on *; read if you want to.] 

Basically, there are a few kids (I think they're just family friends of my next door neighbor or that new roofing guy who moved in a few houses over) who continually skateboard on the road in front of my house or otherwise ride their bikes up my driveway. There's nothing wrong with them playing on the road in front of my house, but there is an issue when they play on my driveway. That, and not moving their stuff when we get home from work or weekend errands.

My dad told them off enough times, but they never listened so we just leave stuff on the driveway. We don't want them getting hurt on our property because their parents can sue about it, even though they were repeatedly told 'keep your kids off our property". 

tl;dr:

• Play on road in front of houses and lack enough common sense to move their play equipment / themselves when either my parents / I or my other neighbors return.
    • One incident involved my dad having to move a 200+ lb tetherball set after they refused to move it themselves or get neighbors to help; he's over 60, mind you. 
  • Riding bikes up driveway, despite being told not to.

Archived