Yugioh Pyro Derp

Kadius

Currently rejoining Yugioh after 8 years, and I am rebuilding my pyro deck from when I was 10. I have sense been playing MTG and play an Arjuun storm commander deck and Padeem Artifacts commander deck, and run an Abzan standard.

This is the "improved" version of the deck:

-Deck list-

Main:

UFO Turtle x4 c4

Ultimate baseball kid x4 c3

Backfire x2 trap

Molten destruction x2 field

Shield barrier x2 spell

Thestalos the firestorm monarch x4 c6

Raging flame sprite x2 c3

Xing zhen hu x2 trap

Tower of babel x2 trap

Solar Flare dragon x4 c4

Gravity bind x3 trap

Compulsory Evacuation Device x3 trap

The thing in the crater x2 c4

Dust tornado x2 trap

Little Chimera x2 c2

Total: 40

Swap list:

Lighting vortex x4 spell

Enchanted javelin x3 trap

Pot of Avarice x3 spell

Megamorph x4 spell

Molten distruction x2 field

Gift of the mystical elf x4 trap

Jigen Bakudan x4 c2 (flip)

Card Trader x2 spell

I would very much like some constructive criticism on this deck list and swap list.

Howdy. Modman Yui here (^_^)/

Sadly, I'm not here for deck C&C, so much as to give you a quick heads-up that you posted this in the wrong section. Decklists and the like should go in the TCG & OCG Decks section, not General. Gonna move this appropriately. Just keep it in mind in the future when you're posting a decklist, mkay?

Also, welcome to YCM. Enjoy your stay, and make sure to read up on the rules for the site and any sections you'll be frequenting when you get the chance. Anywho, my job here is done, so I'll leave you in the hands of TCG's regulars. They'd be more helpful for deck critique than me anyway ^_^;

Main:
UFO Turtle x3 c4
Ultimate baseball kid x3 c3
Backfire x2 trap
Molten destruction x2 field
Shield barrier x2 spell
Xing zhen hu x2 trap
Tower of babel x2 trap
Solar Flare dragon x3 c4
Gravity bind x3 trap
Compulsory Evacuation Device x3 trap
The thing in the crater x2 c4
Dust tornado x2 trap
Little Chimera x2 c2
Card Trader x2 spell
Lighting vortex x3 spell
Thestalos the firestorm monarch x2 c6

Side:
Enchanted javelin x3 trap
Pot of Avarice x3 spell
Megamorph x3 spell
Raging flame sprite x1 c3
Gift of the mystical elf x3 trap
Jigen Bakudan x3 c2 (flip)

-Updated list-

Next time, please post the updated list in the opening post so it's easier to view. 

Alright, now to the main parts:

• Assuming you're trying to build to the current F/L lists, 2 copies of Compulsory need to be replaced with other stuff (as TCG list only has it at 1 right now; yes, OCG/Japan has it at Unlimited, but I will assume that like most players here, you play TCG.) That, and Pot of Avarice in side needs complete removal, as it is banned.
  • What are you trying to accomplish with this Deck? Keep in mind that the game has dramatically changed over the past 8 years or whenever you stopped playing. Even for friendly matches among friends, this isn't going to do very well.
    • Instead of throwing random Pyro cards together, figure out what you want the Deck to do, then adjust your ratios as deemed necessary. Unless there's a clear idea of what you want, there isn't much that members can do to help you out.
    • I would suggest looking at newer stuff that came out and try to use them. Right now, a lot of cards you have in here are from the GX era. Gravity Bind is alright, but Xyz Monsters don't care (and neither do the new Link Monsters); former is very common now.

Archived