Spyral Sleeper

FCK5TWg.jpg

Effect:

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 "SPYRAL" cards from your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other waysOnce per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "SPYRAL" card you control and up to 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy them. If this card on the field is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Destroy as many cards you control as possible, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "SPYRAL Super Agent" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

• 2 weeks later...

The game has really come a long way, looking at that Scrap Dragon destruction effect, except it is a quick effect that can be used twice as often and pops twice as many opponent's cards each time.

That said, I don't know about how this archetype operates as of right now. Last time I checked they were too reliant on their main agent and didn't have that many members..... I should re-visit them for knowledge's sake.

The game has really come a long way, looking at that Scrap Dragon destruction effect, except it is a quick effect that can be used twice as often and pops twice as many opponent's cards each time.

That said, I don't know about how this archetype operates as of right now. Last time I checked they were too reliant on their main agent and didn't have that many members..... I should re-visit them for knowledge's sake.

Second video includes plays with Linkuriboh. Basically, Double Helix did wonders for the archetype and shifted their playstyle drastically by making use of Quik Fixes, as well as searching for Master Plan and using it as material for even more searches.

Jaden BR's video has a bothersome issue in the first duel: It used both Extra Monster Zones as his own.

Other than that, I don't really notice the misplays on Lithium's deck but to be fair, that is because I don't know/remember half the cards, but I have a fair idea of what ending fields are supposed to look like.....

Is the deck calibrated so that Quick Fix is always an opening play or is the deck capable of working when you don't draw into ways of getting him? I also think like 80% of both videos' duels started up with a Machine Dupe play so I'm inclined to believe that's where the videos would produce hype that wouldn't necessarily replicate when IRL playing.

Still they do seem super strong. They search out half the deck in a turn and have a number of things that recover advantage from the GY.

Then flavor-wise, seeing the duel where they OTK Pendulum Magicians was hilarious because I imagined a wacky 007-like agent beating Z-ARC and being like "just another mission accomplished. Now let's go back to headquarters for our next task".

It is called link pendant and is sadly a legit mechanic.

I'm looking at wikipedia rulings, and something is not clear to me.

It says the opponent having both Extra Monster Zones occupied doesn't stop you from using one of them by using one monster in an Extra Monster Zone as material.

Though the example the page gave is Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which is a card that can inherently grab materials from both sides, just like Super Poly, but that let me wondering if the wikia is referring to only those kinds of interactions where an Extra Deck card can already be Summoned by stealing monsters as materials, or if one could inherently use 1 of the materials as one's own Link fodder or other generic uses....

Based on that specific on the ruling, it might not be as bad xD

Though I find it surprising that it was a thing... so one can have 7 monsters out... wow.

It is called link pendant and is sadly a legit mechanic.

Actually, it's called extra link.

I'm looking at wikipedia rulings, and something is not clear to me.

It says the opponent having both Extra Monster Zones occupied doesn't stop you from using one of them by using one monster in an Extra Monster Zone as material.

Though the example the page gave is Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which is a card that can inherently grab materials from both sides, just like Super Poly, but that let me wondering if the wikia is referring to only those kinds of interactions where an Extra Deck card can already be Summoned by stealing monsters as materials, or if one could inherently use 1 of the materials as one's own Link fodder or other generic uses....

Based on that specific on the ruling, it might not be as bad xD

Though I find it surprising that it was a thing... so one can have 7 monsters out... wow.

No, you cannot ordinarily use them as materials.

Yeah... I posted the videos mainly to show the playstyle and potential of SPYRAL post-Helix, even if there are misplays, that personally I cannot spot, or the creators chose their best duels, without showing if the archetype struggles when they don't start with Machine Dupe, Quik Fix and whatnot; just for the record.

Archived