Wealthmonger, AH YAH he supports the "Pot of" Spells

ABC Gun

Artwork for this card done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=40476 please support them when you can

Are you sick of never drawing Pot of Desires when you want to? Do you wish you could get more bang for your buck out of your "Pot of" Spell Cards? Well now there's a monster for you. Hi, I'm Billy Mays... ok so I'm done with the joke now.

This card mas made to give every deck in existence the chance to quickly draw cards with the possibility to get what they need without relying on specific support, although this card does support the "Pot of" Spells. It is very simply a Stratos for "Pot of" Spells when Normal Summoned or specifically Special Summoned from the hand, also if you activate a "Pot of" Spell from your hand (this does not happen if you first Set the "Pot of" Spell from your hand), then after its resolution you can draw 1 more card by banishing this card from the GY. Any and all Decks can take advantage of at least 1 of this card, but the Magibullets or any Fiend centric Deck Build could very well maximize this card's potential. Magibullets love their own Spells and Traps, but if you should activate a "Pot of" Spell in the same column as your Magibullet monster then use this card, you will very likely gain some insane pluses depending on the cards you use. The best way to use this card generically is at 1 with at least 1 "Pot of" Spell of your choice unless the Deck has a lot of Fiends, in which case absolutely put 3 of this card into that Deck and the same number of "Pot of" Spells.

ofoLyFt.jpg
If this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned from your hand: You can add 1 "Pot of" Spell or "Red Dragon Vase" from your Deck to your hand. If you activate a "Pot of" Spell or "Red Dragon Vase" from your hand while this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can banish this card; draw 1 card after that card resolves. You can only use each effect of "Wealthmonger" once per turn.

For balancing and Design Space reasons, I would only make it so it can add a "Pot of" Spell from your deck to your hand.

I'd also like you to consider making the archetype name "Greedy" and all of the involved Spell/Traps you make "Greed" Spells/Traps rather than making the already existing convoluted spells work together somehow. I'd also rather Jar of Greed to be in the archetype in that way. 

The GY effect is actually pretty awesome. I would consider making that a part of how the archetype functions, where if you activate an archetype Spell/Trap you can draw more cards. It means if you make "Greed" the archetype the Spells don't have to draw cards.

This card should have a hard OPT on the search effect, specially if it triggers on special summon as well, even if nowdays this woill be used to search  desires (mostly, alhtough i doubt someone would want to get it back but there are other pots). Most of pots have a hard OPT, yet its no excuse to me to let this kind of searcher be activated as many times as it can.

GY effect its awesome, but wouldnt be a quick effect the way how is worded, and if that is what you want note that will have chian directly to the pot (kind of like Maiden when its targeted)

This card should have a hard OPT on the search effect, specially if it triggers on special summon as well, even if nowdays this woill be used to search desires (mostly, alhtough i doubt someone would want to get it back but there are other pots). Most of pots have a hard OPT, yet its no excuse to me to let this kind of searcher be activated as many times as it can.

GY effect its awesome, but wouldnt be a quick effect the way how is worded, and if that is what you want note that will have chian directly to the pot (kind of like Maiden when its targeted)

Now both its effects are hard OPT

This card should have a hard OPT on the search effect, specially if it triggers on special summon as well, even if nowdays this woill be used to search desires (mostly, alhtough i doubt someone would want to get it back but there are other pots). Most of pots have a hard OPT, yet its no excuse to me to let this kind of searcher be activated as many times as it can.

We are getting new rules that let you pick and choose how effects in chain resolve, so its second effect does make sense. The only thing I don't know is if these new rules take effect in the physical game or in the Duel Links app, I've heard very conflicting things about it.

We are getting new rules that let you pick and choose how effects in chain resolve, so its second effect does make sense. The only thing I don't know is if these new rules take effect in the physical game or in the Duel Links app, I've heard very conflicting things about it

Your monster GY effect its a trigger effect not a quick effect (and it doesnt need to be) thats what i was trying to say. Most quick effects react to something (directly), yours doesnt need to because it activates after the pot resolves (in a new chain), if it were quick effect, it would have to chain to your pot as the next chain link and that wil happen only if your opponent doesnt chain a card to it, thats how Maiden Works if its owner targets her and the opponent chains an effect Maiden wont summon blue eyes.

Your monster GY effect its a trigger effect not a quick effect (and it doesnt need to be) thats what i was trying to say. Most quick effects react to something (directly), yours doesnt need to because it activates after the pot resolves (in a new chain), if it were quick effect, it would have to chain to your pot as the next chain link and that wil happen only if your opponent doesnt chain a card to it, thats how Maiden Works if its owner targets her and the opponent chains an effect Maiden wont summon blue eyes.

Its a trigger effect because I designed a Quick-Play "Pot of" card, I was trying to keep consistent with my own designs while noting what already exists, https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363865-pot-of-trolls-for-shts-and-giggles-of-course/

Archived