Nobleman of Crossout Errata/Remake

Eshai

Cavalier of Crossout

Normal | Spell

Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls: Banish it. If it was a Special Summoned monster, destroy all cards in your opponent's Deck and Extra Deck with the same name as that target, and if you do, banish them. You can activate "Cavalier of Crossout" once per game. 

I don't do singular cards that often but it seemed like an idea I would talk about. In a world where Raigeki can be used at 1, could this card be used a 1? Feel like this would be a good enough card, along the lines of Twin Twister in utility. The ability could probably screw over some decks that rely solely on 1 card, but the only thing it screws with is the ones that are Special Summoned and simultaneously can be targeted. Idk. What do you guys think?

Pretty descent, and surprisingly, kind of balanced. but it needs few tweaks.

So basically it's another version of "Ghost Reaper", but both have their own downsides and advantages so they aren't outclassing each other AND THAT MAKES ME HAPPY AND PROUD ... anyways, let's continue...

So our boi is a Normal Spell (means slow) while Ghost Reaper is a Quickie (means fast), but in the other hand, "Ghost Reaper" has dirty condition and can only take out Extra Deck monsters (also it takes Extra Deck space) while our boi can banish all dem copies (from Main and Extra) but your opponent has to control it.

Also, it's still not that good cause it targets AND if we're talking about ABCs, then your opponent can dodge it easily. So my suggestions would be:

1. Gives it a cost at activation.
  2. Make it non-targeting OR give it a wording that makes it un-dodge-able.

Also yeah, instant side deck choice!

It is already strong as it is; no need to make it not target. Let ABC keep the ability of dodging it xD don't forget that not every key monster can dodge like ABC does so IMO it would be unfair to improve the card just for the sake of taking out a handful of monsters. Besides, banishing any of the ABC Unions should be just as effective at locking the ABC Fusion out.

Now, admittedly I find a bit concerning how this can effectively kill an entire deck by taking out key monsters like Dante in BAs, and unlike Winter Cherries you don't have to give up Extra Deck space nor be at monster count disadvantage for it, and can also deal with main Deck threats. Even if it's not Quick-Play, surviving and waiting for your turn is a rather small price for practically winning the game, and of course you will side or meta-call this card in formats where decks are overly reliant in a single monster, be it in either the Main or Extra Deck. The game doesn't need another Winter Cherries, IMO.

Still, what you can do is destroying the monsters instead of banishing them, so at least the opponent may have an easier time recovering them through recycling, revival, etc.; besides, he/she won't be able to revive the other Extra Deck monsters since they weren't Summoned properly first, but at least non-nomi targeted monsters, as well as non nomi or semi-nomi main Deck monsters, will still have the option.

May i suggest it destroys and then banish the target (like bottomless), that way some things will still trigger and i asume that is one of the strong points of the card, not let its victim hit the grave. Was it on purpose the copies of the target are destroyed instead of just being sent to GY?, i mean you might end in a worst situation if done in wrong card. Regardless i agree with above statment, it should have some cost or condition even if its a LP cost.

originally it said "destroy/banish (whichever is more balanced)"

I was kinda going for a card that would be limited in nature, along the lines of Raigeki but for a different scenario. Just having the card flying around would make people conscious of the card's presence, attempting to play around it somehow. I put it to destroy as more of a snap decision, but I like your idea better, making it like Bottomless so that the effect still works.

Since I don't think AGM has a Limited/Forbidden list, I'm also going to add a "you can only use "Cavalier of Crossout" once per game." So that people can run more of the card but only be able to use one.

I'll change the card accordingly.

originally is said "destroy/banish (whichever is more balanced)"

I was kinda going for a card that would be limited in nature, along the lines of Raigeki but for a different scenario. Just having the card flying around would make people conscious of the card's presence, attempting to play around it somehow. I put it to destroy as more of a snap decision, but I like your idea better, making it like Bottomless so that the effect still works.

Since I don't think AGM has a Limited/Forbidden list, I'm also going to add a "you can only use "Cavalier of Crossout" once per game." So that people can run more of the card but only be able to use one.

I'll change the card accordingly.

Doesnt need a once per duel clause it was fine with a hard OPT, against boss monsters it may not even work, because of protection or negation abilities (not always of course) this has its best use on main deck monsters but those dont stay on the field enough to use this (again most of the times). The effect itself is balanced, it just feels as cheap as activating raigeki because it has no cost or restriction,

Archived