The Nyx Avatar's Legacy Support

The Nyx Avatar

This thread is to make support for previous archetypes. Whether they be real archetypes like Cyberdark, ones from other users on this site like Psychic Dragon, any of my old ones that I come back to, or any from the Archetype Generator Meta. Some may be to give older archetypes a bit more power than they originally had (such as Fiendrache with bringing out two monsters), opening more plays (such as with Falsehood having an Extra Deck option), or adding on to some that were left incomplete. Prompt or original post that these cards are from are intended to be provided below the card and I am open to suggestions for the cards. Including cards that I made for other member's archetypes. There's more to come, including support for real/already existing archetypes.

Ghastly Terror

[spoiler=Show]

FK90oMU.jpg

DARK
Level 3

Fiend/Effect

ATK:1600

DEF:100

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. If this face-up card is targeted by a card effect: Destroy all face-up "Ghastly Terror" monsters you control. You can discard this card; change the ATK or DEF of 1 monster on the field to 0. Once per turn: You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; Normal Summon 1 Fiend-Type monster.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363450-ghastly-terror/

Falsehood

[spoiler=Show]

To97SbD.jpg

DARK

Level 8

Zombie/Xyz/Effect

ATK:0

DEF:0

2 or more (max 5.) Level 9 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 "Falsehood" Continuous Trap Card in your Graveyard; Special Summon it and if you do, you can switch control of 1 monster you control with 1 monster your opponent controls (you choose). If this card attacks or is attacked: This card gains ATK equal to the number of Xyz Materials attached to it x 1000.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340629-agm-falsehood-written/

Fiendrache

[spoiler=Show]

aC0utOj.jpg

DARK
Level 4

Fiend/Effect

ATK:1600

DEF:1800

If this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Fiendrache" monster with a different name from your hand. You can Tribute this card; add 1 "Fiendrache" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Fiendrache Infernal Soldier" once per turn.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/355337-written-fiendrache/?fromsearch=1

Psychic Dragon

[spoiler=Show]

wlAVspm.jpg

Counter Trap Card

(This card is always treated as a "Psychic Dragon" card)

Activate if your opponent activates a monster effect. Negate the activation and if you do, banish that card. You must control a face-up "Psychic Dragon" monster to activate this effect. You can only activate 1 "Shinreiryū Glare" once per turn.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/324931-psychic-dragons/?hl=%2Bpsychic+%2Bdragon

Never-ending Town

[spoiler=Show]

s68P4lf.jpg

LIGHT

Level 3

Psychic/Tuner

ATK:1300

DEF:1300

While a "Never-Ending Town" Field Spell is face-up on the field, this card's effect(s) cannot be negated. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Never-ending Town" monster from your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up card you control and 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy both targets.

vNq3sBB.jpg

LIGHT

Level 6

Psychic/Synchro/Effect

ATK:2500

DEF:2500

1 "Never-ending Town" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner LIGHT monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can shuffle up to 2 of your banished "Never-ending Town" cards into your Deck. While your opponent has more cards in their hand, this card is unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. While a "Never-ending Town" Field Spell is face-up on the field, this card cannot change its Battle Position. Once per turn: You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; banish 1 monster on the field.

DDbG0Wq.jpg

Continuous Trap Card

Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can banish 1 "Never-ending Town" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up card on the field; negate its effects. If this card is destroyed: You can add 1 "The Never-ending Town" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340971-agm-never-ending-town-archetype/?do=findComment&comment=6714056

Cyberdark

[spoiler=Show]

uppUNsH.jpg

Continuous Spell Card

When this card is activated: You can shuffle 1 "Cyberdark" card from your hand into your Deck; add 1 "Cyberdark" card with a different name from your Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Cyberdark" monster you control; it gains 800 ATK and DEF. If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Cyberdark" monster from your Deck or Graveyard.

Vampire

[spoiler=Show]

pmpKRV5.jpg

Continuous Spell Card

While you control no monsters: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "Vampire" monster from your Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Vampire Throne" once per turn. While this card is face-up on the field, DARK Zombie-Type monsters are unaffected by your opponent's monster effects.

RDCFf4G.jpg

DARK

Level 4

Zombie/Effect

ATK:1000

While you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 DARK "Vampire" monster or 1 "Vampire" Spell/Trap Card that is banished or in your Graveyard to your hand.

Geargoyle

[spoiler=Show]

BO5EI3g.jpg

EARTH

Level 4

Fiend/Effect

ATK:1000

DEF:1500

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Geargoyle" monster with a different name from your Deck. If you do, you cannot Special Summon other monsters for the rest of this turn, except a "Geargoyle" Synchro monster. If this card is used as Synchro Material: You target 1 card on you control and 1 card on your opponent's side of the field; destroy both targets.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/364164-agm-written-geargoyle/

Darkhorse

[spoiler=Show]

0oeahLh.jpg

DARK

Level 4

Beast/Tuner

ATK:1500

This card can be treated as a non-Tuner monster for a Synchro Summon. If this card is Summoned: You can increase or decrease the Level of 1 monster on the field by 1. You can discard this card; Fusion Summon 1 "Darkhorse" monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or side of the field as Fusion Materials.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327483-darkhorse/?hl=darkhorse

Widowmaker

[spoiler=Show]

hjeBmTN.png

DARK

Level 4

Warrior/Effect

ATK:2000

DEF:1600

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. While you control a face-up "Widowmaker" card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points to target 1 Set card on the field; destroy it.

7kU2gDd.png

DARK

Level 4

Psychic/Effect

ATK:1700

DEF:700

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can banish 1 "Widowmaker" card from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon "Widowmaker" monster with a different name from your Deck.

Moth Princess

[spoiler=Show]

9rOCAMP.jpg

WIND

Level 3

Insect/Effect

ATK:1100

DEF:1000

You can banish 1 "Moth Princess" card from your hand or Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. An Insect-Type monster Tribute Summoned using this card as a Tribute cannot be destroyed by card effects.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/358237-agm-moth-princess-let-moths-spread-until-the-dawn/

Evil HERO

[spoiler=Show]

zRcioBl.jpg
LIGHT
Level 7
Fiend/Effect
ATK:2500
DEF:2000
This card can be used as a substitute for any 1 Fusion Material whose name is specifically listed on the "Evil HERO" Fusion Monster Card. If an "Evil HERO" monster you control is destroyed: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Evil HERO Neos Fighter" once per turn.

0BYFr5Y.jpg
DARK
Level 6
Fiend/Effect
ATK:2300
You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its original ATK becomes 1300. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Dark Fusion" or "Dark Calling" from your Deck to your hand. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Evil HERO" or Normal "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck

Flamvell

[spoiler=Show]

qXLh5MM.jpg

FIRE

Level 4

Dragon/Effect

ATK:2000

DEF:200

While you control a face-up "Flamvell" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Cannot attack directly. You can shuffle 1 of your banished "Flamvell" monsters into your Deck; Special Summon 1 "Flamvell" monster with a different name from your Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Flamvell Dragoon" once per turn.

Fabled

[spoiler=Show]

8YKXSKZ.png

Normal Spell Card

You can send 1 LIGHT Fiend or Beast monster from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard; draw 2 cards. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; discard 1 card from your hand or 1 random card from your opponent's hand.

Laval

[spoiler=Show]

EcKWw3N.jpg

FIRE

Level 4

Dragon/Effect

ATK:1500

DEF:200

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Laval" monster with a different name from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, you can send 1 "Laval" monster with a different name from your Deck to the Graveyard.

DV6fWEp.png

Normal Spell Card

Add 1 "Laval" card with a different name from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn (except during the turn this card was sent): You can banish this card from your Graveyard; send 1 "Laval" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, your opponent takes damage equal to its original ATK.

Destiny HERO

[spoiler=Show]
uzeKmHT.jpg
Destiny HERO Fusion
Normal Spell Card
Fusion Summon 1 "Destiny HERO" or "Destiny End Dragoon" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Materials. If a Warrior Fusion monster you control would leave the field: You can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

iWMAYlW.jpg
D-Vice
Counter Trap Card
You must control a face-up "Destiny End Dragoon" or "Destiny HERO" monster to activate this card. If an Effect Monster's effect is activated: Negate the activation and banish it. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; place 1 Clock Counter on a face-up "Clock Tower Prison".

Reptilianne

[spoiler=Show]

W4kIHVm.jpg

DARK
Level 4

Reptile/Effect

ATK:1900

If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Reptilianne" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is destroyed (by battle or card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Reptilianne" monster with a different name from your Deck. You can only activate 1 of these effects of "Reptilianne Echidna" once per turn. Up to twice per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; reduce the ATK of 1 monster on the field to 0.

W7IaZmc.jpg

DARK

Level 4

Reptile/Effect

ATK:0

DEF:2100

FLIP: Target 1 monster on the field; its ATK becomes 0.

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Reptilianne" card from your Graveyard. If Summoned this way: You can switch its original ATK and DEF. If a "Reptilianne" monster would leave the field: You can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

I mean, I sorta understand the point behind Infernal Soldier- trying to build up field presence- but . . . why? There's only two archetypal Fusions it can be used for- Dracoarmor Soldier and Vicious Dealer- and it only helps if your opponent already has a big monster on board . . . which they never had a problem with. Fiendrache's big issue is having a play they can use going first.

That said, being able to work on any Fiendrache- the Fullarmors and Dragon-Types included- is actually really cool for those situations where you don't have a Fusion Spell on hand.

All in all . . . it has a unique niche, I just wish its secondary effect did more for the archetype.

I mean, I sorta understand the point behind Infernal Soldier- trying to build up field presence- but . . . why? There's only two archetypal Fusions it can be used for- Dracoarmor Soldier and Vicious Dealer- and it only helps if your opponent already has a big monster on board . . . which they never had a problem with. Fiendrache's big issue is having a play they can use going first.

That said, being able to work on any Fiendrache- the Fullarmors and Dragon-Types included- is actually really cool for those situations where you don't have a Fusion Spell on hand.

All in all . . . it has a unique niche, I just wish its secondary effect did more for the archetype.

Would this help? Changed it to search out a Spell Card as opposed to an ATK switch.

Anywho: Edit Fiendrache Soldier and added a new "Never-ending Town" card.

I'll just grade the Psychic Dragon card because that's linked to an Archetype I made (albeit long ago, and not updated for the meta past maybe 'specters or something). At least you remembered the substitution trick for long vowels. 

=====

But yeah, being an Archetypal Divine Wrath / Solemn Strike is nice since right now, I haven't given them anything to deal with it in-Archetype (reference above for last time I modified it). That, and banishing helps, considering the Graveyard reliance. For the most part, it's usually live because you just required it to have a "Psychic Dragon" on the field, and no added conditions like some of the Spells. [Yeah, it's somewhat scattered now; will need to fix it myself later].

You do need to put the inclusion clause, so it actually counts as a Psychic Dragon card in English [in Japanese, it does work out; but English, not so much]. Look at the other Trap Cards for an idea. 

Now that's an edit. With the power to search any Fiendrache Spell, you have all their Fusion ability brought in on a dime, which makes the SS effect make more sense as well- Normal Summon this, Special Summon one of the Fullarmors so it gains its on-field name, Tribute this to add whatever Fusion Spell you want, go into your desired Fusion. This isn't even the only play it enables, either, because I think (I might be wrong because I haven't looked at these guys in a couple of years now) they have their own equivalent to E-Emergency Call, which consequently makes this a great card for Deckthin. It's a really solid card for the archetype now, well done.

I'll just grade the Psychic Dragon card because that's linked to an Archetype I made (albeit long ago, and not updated for the meta past maybe 'specters or something). At least you remembered the substitution trick for long vowels.

=====

But yeah, being an Archetypal Divine Wrath / Solemn Strike is nice since right now, I haven't given them anything to deal with it in-Archetype (reference above for last time I modified it). That, and banishing helps, considering the Graveyard reliance. For the most part, it's usually live because you just required it to have a "Psychic Dragon" on the field, and no added conditions like some of the Spells. [Yeah, it's somewhat scattered now; will need to fix it myself later].

You do need to put the inclusion clause, so it actually counts as a Psychic Dragon card in English [in Japanese, it does work out; but English, not so much]. Look at the other Trap Cards for an idea.

Done.

Also, added new "Cyberdark" card and "Vampire" card.

So, while the Cyberdark support is kinda neat, and lets you trade out a bricky card for something more useful in a given situation, plus an OPT stat-up just in case you need to just the tiniest bit more to run over a troublesome monster, I'd just like to point out that we don't have Vampires in the AGM.

Question Nyx. What is the point in giving Vampire Seer an effect to special summon itself but then having it only get its second effect off when normal summoned? That seems contradictory. I mean, it helps to an extent, but to my knowledge they only have 2 Spell/Trap cards, and those don't even banish themselves and the only monster target this would have would probably be Vampire Sorcerer.

Vampire Throne though is just amazing. Special Summoning Duke or Grace to get their effects off and then making them become practically invulnerable to all monster effects. That seems really good.

Question Nyx. What is the point in giving Vampire Seer an effect to special summon itself but then having it only get its second effect off when normal summoned? That seems contradictory. I mean, it helps to an extent, but to my knowledge they only have 2 Spell/Trap cards, and those don't even banish themselves and the only monster target this would have would probably be Vampire Sorcerer.

Vampire Throne though is just amazing. Special Summoning Duke or Grace to get their effects off and then making them become practically invulnerable to all monster effects. That seems really good.

Normal Summoning effect's if you already have a monster out. If you don't and perhaps have high monsters in your hand, you can self-Summon it.

Geargoyle Furnace is really good for its first effect, especially if it's the only monster in your opening hand. Set a bunch of backrow, Summon Furnace, drop a Tuner from your Deck and Synchro Summon a Level 5-9 (maybe not a 9, I forget if they have an unrestricted 9 or not) Geargoyle essentially for free. I'm just curious as to the reasoning you had behind its second effect. They're not like Yang Zings, they don't exactly benefit from effect destruction.

Still, though, it's solid for its first effect alone, and that second effect could benefit certain hybrid builds with Space Cruisers or something.

Cyberdark Reign is pretty interesting, given that it helps alleviate brick hands, give small ATK boosts in case 2400 isn't enough to run over a given threat (existing Machines + the dragons), and if it does get popped or hit with a D.D. Tempest, you get a free monster on board (although, given that it Special Summons, you don't get an equip), but the big problem here is that it clogs valuable backrow space. Still, it's worth use as a 1 or 2-of.

Geargoyle Furnace is really good for its first effect, especially if it's the only monster in your opening hand. Set a bunch of backrow, Summon Furnace, drop a Tuner from your Deck and Synchro Summon a Level 5-9 (maybe not a 9, I forget if they have an unrestricted 9 or not) Geargoyle essentially for free. I'm just curious as to the reasoning you had behind its second effect. They're not like Yang Zings, they don't exactly benefit from effect destruction.

Still, though, it's solid for its first effect alone, and that second effect could benefit certain hybrid builds with Space Cruisers or something.

Cyberdark Reign is pretty interesting, given that it helps alleviate brick hands, give small ATK boosts in case 2400 isn't enough to run over a given threat (existing Machines + the dragons), and if it does get popped or hit with a D.D. Tempest, you get a free monster on board (although, given that it Special Summons, you don't get an equip), but the big problem here is that it clogs valuable backrow space. Still, it's worth use as a 1 or 2-of.

Well, it's mostly to make room for more Geargoyle monsters (especially in VRAINS format); plus, a lot of them already have effects that add and Special Summon if they're used as Synchro Materials.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a pretty solid consistency boost to Evil HERO you've got there. Scourge being an archetypal equivalent to things like Mystic Tomato actually matters given that its effect triggers regardless of how it died, and its NS search is pretty decent for what it is. Combine these with my Evil HERO support lineup, and the Deck is looking pretty formidable. Also, offhand, between Body Shifter and Neos Fighter, plus Sinistershade being Evil Prisma, Evil HEROs have three different Fusion Substitute monsters.

Also, were you aware that Evil HERO wasn't in a spoiler?

• 2 weeks later...

That's a pretty solid consistency boost to Evil HERO you've got there. Scourge being an archetypal equivalent to things like Mystic Tomato actually matters given that its effect triggers regardless of how it died, and its NS search is pretty decent for what it is. Combine these with my Evil HERO support lineup, and the Deck is looking pretty formidable. Also, offhand, between Body Shifter and Neos Fighter, plus Sinistershade being Evil Prisma, Evil HEROs have three different Fusion Substitute monsters.

Also, were you aware that Evil HERO wasn't in a spoiler?

Yes. Was just too lazy to do so since I was on a phone.

Also, added Flamvell monster, as well as an indirect support Spell Card for an archetype.

Archived