Raptor Ace - Dinosaur Fighter Pilots! [AGM, Written]

Draconus297

[spoiler= Prompt]

Raptor Ace

Dinosaur-Type starship fighter pilots. Basically, think the Gradius monsters meet The Calculator: They each gain stat boosts based on the Levels of your monsters, and if they attack successfully you get a Token at the end of the Damage Step. These Tokens themselves are Level 1, but you have all manner of ways to boost the Levels of the Tokens- and only the Tokens. But wait, you can also Ritual Summon in this archetype, and your Rituals continue this gimmick and add a mix of the Six Samurai stuff and Greed Quasar- they can pop your own cards to protect themselves (and kill your opponent's stuff when they do) and they can boost their own Levels above 12. Absurd stat gain, the archetype.

Let's give the original blue cards another fun Deck to play with in the AGM! So, my real point with these was making the Gradius and Ritual elements blend together better, and then I considered the Tokens being valid Ritual fodder. Then I gave the Rituals a gimmick effect if they were brought out by a specific Ritual Spell, and, well . . . I just went nuts.

For obvious reasons, I had quite a bit of fun with this one, especially once I thought of a few other decent strategies I could blend in.

Yes, I went with a rather basic naming scheme here- the non-Ritual monsters are based on both certain raptors and fighter/bomber planes, similarly to how MPB names work- but the Rituals are more interesting, namewise, being based on the larger theropods- Tyrannosaurus, Allosaurus, Carnataurus . . . plus fictional starfighters, like Arwings, TIE Fighters, and Gradius itself. So, you AGM members who want to build support for this archetype, keep the naming scheme in mind.

[spoiler= Main Deck Monsters]

Raptor Ace - Utadiator

WIND - Level 4 - Dinosaur/Effect - 1500/1400

When this monster is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Raptor Ace" Ritual monster or Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. This monster gains 100 ATK times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. At the end of the Damage Step, if this monster battled your opponent's monster, Special Summon 1 "Raptor Ace Token" (WIND/Dinosaur-Type/Level 1) with the effect that its original ATK and DEF are equal to its original Level x400. If you activate a "Raptor Ace" Spell/Trap Card, or the effect of a "Raptor Ace" Spell/Trap Card, increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by 1.

Raptor Ace - Deinorafale

WIND - Level 4 - Dinosaur/Effect - 1400/1800

If this card is sent from your hand or field to the Graveyard by a "Raptor Ace" card, you can Special Summon 1 "Raptor Ace" monster from your Deck, except a Ritual monster. This monster gains 100 ATK times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. At the end of the Damage Step, if this monster battled your opponent's monster, Special Summon 1 "Raptor Ace Token" (WIND/Dinosaur-Type/Level 1) with the effect that its original ATK and DEF are equal to its Level (max. 12) x400. At the start of the Damage Step, if a "Raptor Ace" monster battles, increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by.

Raptor Ace - Velociviggen

WIND - Level 4 - Dinosaur/Effect - 1000/1500

If you would Ritual Summon a WIND or Dinosaur-Type Ritual monster, this monster can be treated as any Level up to 8. If this card is Tributed, you can add 1 "Raptor Ace" card from your Graveyard to your hand. This monster gains 200 ATK times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. At the end of the Damage Step, if this monster battled your opponent's monster, Special Summon 2 "Raptor Ace Tokens" (WIND/Dinosaur-Type/Level 1) with the effect that their original ATK and DEF are equal to their respective Levels x400.

Raptor Ace - Trooitfire

WIND - Level 4 - Dinosaur/Effect - 1300/1300

When this monster is Normal Summoned, you can excavate a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the number of "Raptor Ace" monsters you control: Increase the Level of all "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by 2 (max. 12) for each excavated "Raptor Ace" card. This monster gains 200 ATK times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. At the end of the Damage Step, if this monster battled your opponent's monster, Special Summon 1 "Raptor Ace Token" (WIND/Dinosaur-Type/Level 1) with the effect that its original ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x400. A "Raptor Ace" Ritual monster Summoned using this card as Ritual Tribute cannot be destroyed by battle.

Raptor Ace - CarnaTIE

WIND - Level 8 - Dinosaur/Ritual/Effect - 2000/2000

You can Ritual Summon this monster using any "Raptor Ace" Ritual Spell Card, but if you use "Raptor Ace Imperialfit", you can Special Summon 1 "Raptor Ace Token" (WIND/Level 1/Dinosaur-Type) with the effect that its original ATK and DEF are equal to its Level (max. 12) x400. This monster gains 100 ATK and DEF times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. If this monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace" Ritual monsters and "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by 1. If your opponent activates a Trap Card or the effect of a Trap Card, you can Tribute 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your hand or side of the field to negate and destroy it.

Raptor Ace - Tyrannarwing

WIND - Level 8 - Dinosaur/Ritual/Effect - 2200/1000

You can Ritual Summon this monster using any "Raptor Ace" Ritual Spell Card, but if you use "Raptor Ace Screechdeploy", you can Special Summon 1 "Raptor Ace Token" (WIND/Level 1/Dinosaur-Type) with the effect that its original ATK and DEF are equal to its Level (max. 12) x400. This monster gains 100 ATK times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. If a "Raptor Ace" monster(s) you control is destroyed or Tributed, increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace" Ritual monsters and "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by the (combined) Level of that monster(s). If your opponent activates a monster effect, you can Tribute 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your hand or side of the field to negate and destroy it.

Raptor Ace - Alladius

WIND - Level 8 - Dinosaur/Ritual/Effect - 2100/1500

You can Ritual Summon this monster using any "Raptor Ace" Ritual Spell Card, but if you use "Raptor Ace Afterblaster", you can increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace" Ritual monsters and "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by 2. This monster gains 100 ATK and DEF times the combined Levels of all monsters you control. While you control a "Raptor Ace Token", this monster cannot be destroyed or targeted by your opponent's card effects. If your opponent activates a Spell Card or the effect of a Spell Card, you can Tribute 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your hand or side of the field to negate and destroy it.

[spoiler= Backrow]

Raptor Ace Deployment Hangar

Field Spell

"Raptor Ace" monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF times their Level. During your opponent's End Phase, you can add 1 "Raptor Ace" card from your Deck to your hand, but if you do, skip your next Draw Phase. The first time your opponent Summons a monster in a turn, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Special Summon 1 "Raptor Ace Token" (WIND/Level 1/Dinosaur-Type) with the effect that its original ATK and DEF are equal to its Level (max. 12) x400.

●Increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace Tokens" and "Raptor Ace" Ritual monsters you control by 1.

Raptor Ace Imperialfit

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Dinosaur-Type Ritual monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or side of the field whose total Levels are greater than or equal to the Level of the monster you wish to Ritual Summon. You can reveal this card in your hand to add 1 "Raptor Ace" Ritual monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, but if you do, you cannot activate "Raptor Ace Imperialfit" this turn (you can only activate this effect of this card's name once per turn).

Raptor Ace Screechdeploy

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any number of "Raptor Ace" Ritual monsters. You must also Tribute monsters from your side of the field whose total Levels are exactly equal to the (combined) Level of the monster(s) you wish to Ritual Summon. During either player's turn, except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 "Raptor Ace" monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon that target.

Raptor Ace Afterblaster

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Raptor Ace" Ritual monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or side of the field whose total Levels are greater than or equal to the Level of the monster you wish to Ritual Summon. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can target this card and 2 "Raptor Ace" monsters in your Graveyard: Add 1 of those targets to your hand, and shuffle the other 2 into your Deck.

Raptor Ace Barrage

Quick-Play Spell

Select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Target 1 monster on the field with a Level of 12 or lower, and Special Summon 2 "Raptor Ace Tokens" (WIND/Dinosaur-Type) of the same Level as that target with the effect that their original ATK and DEF are equal to their respective Levels (max. 12) x400.

●Increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by 1, and the Levels of all "Raptor Ace" Ritual monsters you control by 2.

During your Battle Phase, you can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up "Raptor Ace" monster you control: This turn, that target can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each.

Raptor Ace Slipstream

Quick-Play Spell

If you activate a "Raptor Ace" Ritual Spell Card, target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with a Level: You can use that target as Tribute for that Ritual Summon. During each End Phase, while this card is in your Graveyard, increase the Levels of all "Raptor Ace" Ritual monsters and "Raptor Ace Tokens" you control by 1.

Raptor Ace Formation

Normal Trap

If a Dinosaur-Type monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can target that monster: This turn, that target cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no damage from battles involving the target. During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Raptor Ace" monster from your hand or Deck. When this card is sent to your Graveyard, you can target 1 of your Spell/Trap Card Zones or Pendulum Zones: While this card is in your Graveyard, the targeted Zone can be treated as a Monster Card Zone, but only "Raptor Ace" monsters, or "Raptor Ace Tokens", can be Summoned in that Zone.

You struck GOLD with that prompt. 

For Deinorafale I would make the "if this card is sent from the hand or field to the GY by a "Raptor Ace"' into "if this card is Tributed by a "Raptor Ace" card or effect" since it's shorter and essentially the same thing. You could also use that Tribute clause for the Ritual monsters if you want to add in the Six Sam effect:

"If this card would be destroyed, you can Tribute 1 "Raptor Ace" you control instead."

You could also have it tribute from your hand if you wanted to. Kinda a waste that you didn't use that part of the prompt.

I also like how you can react to tributing an opponent's monster, unlike Kaijus that just cost tribute your monsters. 

I don't really see any game breaking problems, so I don't think I have to review the archetype, It looks pretty good. 

Hey, sometimes just scanning back a few pages can give you what you need. Like, I find a lot of good ones by just looking at my older prompts, plus Darj's and occasionally Sakura's.

I would've done the Six Samurai protection, but the effect text on the Rituals is noticeably bloated already. Not every card I make has to be Dragon of the Garden of the Hesperides, with effect text a paragraph long.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Archived