I spent about an hour figuring this out

(GigaDrillBreaker)

It didn't quite occur to me that clicking on one of the lines would change anything. It is quite cool that you managed to get that piece of code working.

Though I have to wonder how you did manage to do that; since BBCode doesn't have a script tag that I'm aware of, and regular html shows up as plain text. Quoting your post gives just plain text, and looking at the inspector gives the processed version of BBCode. In my attempt to try something similar, the onclick event was stripped from the tag, which caused it to do nothing of note. Would you mind sharing your secret?

200.jpg

Makes sense that something like that would be limited to a few select members; we wouldn't want everyone to be able to 'enhance' the experience of other members on this site. The rest of us will have to do with next best thing - css - to create nice effects… like posting pictures of bears that don't care about post boundaries.

200.jpg

Makes sense that something like that would be limited to a few select members; we wouldn't want everyone to be able to 'enhance' the experience of other members on this site. The rest of us will have to do with next best thing - css - to create nice effects… like posting pictures of bears that don't care about post boundaries.

SHOW ME HOW TO DO THAT

SHOW ME HOW TO MAKE EVERYONE'S AVI A BEAR

With css you can apply a margin (reserving empty space) between elements. This value can be negative, in which case it might move over previous elements, or have following elements move over it (depending on the side where the margin is applied).

You would apply css on this forum using the following line, where the ellipses need to get replaced with the style (margin) you want to apply.

[css="…"][img="https://placebear.com/200/200.jpg"][/css]
The following lines are some examples of margins you can apply. You only need margin top to move elements up. 

margin:-100px; /* Shorthand for applying left, top, right and bottom*/
margin-top:-100px; /* Moves contents vertical. */
margin-bottom:-100px; /* Move following elements vertical. */
; /* Moves contents horizontal (left-to-right languages). */
margin-right:-100px; /* Moves following elements on same line horizontally. */
A negative margin on the bottom of your post might place it over the next post, but it might get placed behind it due to ordering. You could also use this trick to spice up your signature.

By the way, placebear is a site which provides various pictures of bears in different dimensions (based on the url to the picture). There is also one with kittens.

Edit: "margin-left" seems to get stripped from the code example; as such it might not quite work as expected.

Archived