Errata: Mythic Phantom Thief

Eshai

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Phantom_Thief (for those who want to see the original)

The card has an interesting effect, which allows you to call a card name and then discard any cards from your opponent's hand after looking at their hand. However, it's locked behind a condition for inflicting battle damage to your opponent when it only has 1000 ATK and DEF. Thought I could take 10 minutes to improve on it.

Mystic Phantom Thief

DARK | Level 3 | Fiend/Effect | 1200 ATK/1200 DEF______________________________________________________________________

Once per turn (Quick Effect): Discard 1 card and declare a card name; look at your opponents hand and discard any cards with the same name as the name you declared. You can only use the effect of this card's name once per turn.

I felt this was a pretty interesting effect. It's anti searching, but you can also use it during your first turn once just to look at their hand, and the next to discard any card in their hand. However, that essentially a -1. I considered making the discard, not a cost, but Idk if I want to make this a Dark World card. That might be cool though since I already made this intentionally a Tour Guide target. 

This was something quick I made that I thought I might put in AGM generics if it's good enough. I also made the card info setup with quality and convenience in mind, so if you want to copy/paste it for your cards go ahead. Hope you like the card, or have something constructive to say about it. I kinda like making these 10 minute errata posts.

Archived