@evilfusion [Coach King Giantrainer]

70020_200w.jpg

3 Level 8 monsters

You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, draw 1 card and reveal it, then if it was a monster, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. You can use the effect of "Coach King Giantrainer" up to thrice per turn.

[spoiler=Victory]

unknown.png

rip pre-link memes, soontm to be dead forever

...you run Giantrainer in Fluffals?! That's...not the worst idea in the universe, actually.

I always did like this card, though, especially once Galaxy got better support and could run Rank 8s, plus Argent Chaos Force was a fantastic RUM.

And now I'm sad that Fluffals can't really survive once the Link era appears. They CAN, but they have to jump through hoops. Fluffals is pretty much my favorite Deck.

...you run Giantrainer in Fluffals?! That's...not the worst idea in the universe, actually.

I always did like this card, though, especially once Galaxy got better support and could run Rank 8s, plus Argent Chaos Force was a fantastic RUM.

And now I'm sad that Fluffals can't really survive once the Link era appears. They CAN, but they have to jump through hoops. Fluffals is pretty much my favorite Deck.

i added it when giga suggested it seriosuly and i took it as a bullshit meme for fun

Then it worked and I laughed. Probably not optimal, but it's funking hilarious.

Trust me Evil, if I could use Dreary Doll to make this in Gimmick Puppets I would every time.

Well yeah, there are of course exceptions when certain Level 8s are involved. Gimmick Puppets have very low ATK, and struggle with generating card advantage, so giving them up for Rank 8s is a reasonable investment. But for things like Frightfurs and Galaxy, you're usually giving up Level 8s with stats or effects (or both) that generally exceed that of the Xyz on its own. If the Xyz isn't going to win the game or punch a hole through the opponent in a significant manner, it's harder to justify the investment.

And Giantrainer is a prime example of that. Its effect is awesome in a vacuum, but the cost of 3 Level 8s for a 2800 with no protection that will skip your battle phase to draw up to 3 cards and burn 800 x the number of monsters is a bit underwhelming.

Even most 2 Mat Rank 8s are more valuable than Giantrainer, which makes Giantrainer look bad.

Archived