The Crystal Mecha Angels forgotten by time - Majestic Mechs [AGM][Written]

Eshai

Majestic Mechs? What’re those? They’re nothing much, only Crystal Mecha Angels with suicidal tendencies. They’re a set of 3 monsters with a couple Spells/Traps that reference them but have several cards that look like them without actually being in the archetype. I personally like the look of the cards a lot, so I gathered some of the cards that looked of the sort and made an actual archetype.

They can typically Normal Summon themselves with 1 less Tribute (with the exception of Senku) that but then destroy themselves at the end of the turn. This is their entire identity, so what I did is I made them into monsters that Special Summon themselves and be Banished at the end of the turn instead. This sounds a bit broken at first, but I made some restrictions and some effects that you might be interested. If you’re still not convinced, read the cards already!

Links to the original cards from the Yugioh.Wikia will be next to the names.

Majestic Mech Senku (Majestic Mech - Senku)

LIGHT - Level 3 - Fairy/Effect - 1000/1600

While you control no monsters or only “Majestic Mech” monster(s), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but banish it at the end of the turn. At the start of your Standby Phase, while this card is banished: You can banish 1 “Majestic Mech” with a different name from your Deck to Special Summon this card in Attack Position.

Basic card. Every turn it can get a Majestic Mech banished for the Field Spell, which in turn may lead to a constant buildup of advantage. This Special Summon condition will also establish the rest of the cards and how they work.

Majestic Mech Layard (Layard the Liberator)

LIGHT - Level 3 - Fairy/Effect - 1400/1200

While you control no monsters or only “Majestic Mech” monster(s), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but banish it at the end of the turn. If this card is Special Summoned while you control another “Majestic Mech” card: You can add up to 2 “Majestic Mech” cards(s) from your GY and/or Banished Zone to your hand.

Layard is kind of a honorary member. It has REALLY similar artwork, but ends up with a weird effect that has nothing to do with the Mechs. I have a feeling this was originally supposed to be an archetype, but they didn’t have the balls to make it Special Summoning at a time where the meta was rather slow or crazy lockdowns, which in turn made the Deck useless. I made this card similar but not too similar to the original. It’s recovery. It’s GY AND Banished recovery since it’s supposed to be when you’re losing, which in turn may have been a result of things going to the GY.

Majestic Mech Radiant (Banisher of the Radiance)

LIGHT - Level 3 - Fairy/Effect - 1600/800

While you control no monsters or only “Majestic Mech” monster(s), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but banish it at the end of the turn. While you control 2 or more “Majestic Mech” monsters: Cards on the field cannot be banished.

You may actually know this card for being the LV 3 Macro Cosmos. This version is worse, but that’s good intention. For one, there’s an obscure ruling with Macro Cosmos and Imperial Iron Wall that may mess the Deck up, and the fact that you also have a lot of Deck banishing. This card is just some protection for the Mechs so they don’t go to the GY immediately. This may lead to some conflict with the Deck premise, so I may change it in the future, but only after further review.

Majestic Mech Ohka (Majestic Mech - Ohka)

LIGHT - Level 6 - Fairy/Effect - 2400/1200

While you control 1 or more “Majestic Mech” monster(s), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but banish it at the end of the turn. During your Standby Phase, if this card is banished: You can banish 1 “Majestic Mech” card from your hand or GY to Special Summon this card. Once per turn, you can banish 1 “Majestic Modification” from your Deck. At the start of your next Standby Phase: Add that banished card to your hand.

Gold Sarc but half the turns. Also good with the Field Spell, but we’ll get to that later. The Special Summoning condition has changed a bit because a Level 6 Cyber Dragon may be fine, but that isn’t really the point of the Deck, especially with the Deck searching. The banish recovery is also nice since this Deck definitely like getting their cards banished.

Majestic Mechanical Goryu (Majestic Mech - Goryu)

LIGHT - Level 9 - Fairy/Effect - 2900/1900

While you control 2 or more “Majestic Mech” monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but banish it at the end of the turn. During your Standby Phase, while this card is banished: You can banish 1 “Majestic Mech” card from your hand or GY to Special Summon this card. Once per turn, you can banish the top 3 cards of your Deck: Other “Majestic Mech” monsters you control gain 500 ATK for each “Majestic Mech” and/or “Majestic Modification” that this card banished.

Couple changes to the card. For one, it’s actually good. It has 2 Special Summon conditions, 1 from hand, and 1 from banished. This is essentially the boss monster, but I might make another in the future. I also made it a LV 9 to keep the level traditioning simple and to avoid amazing Xyz plays. The Banish milling was inspired by the realization of how good Lightsworns would be in this deck, so I figured why not have something of that sort in the archetype already? Anyway, the ATK boost is to make up for the lack of it on the LV 3 monsters and to establish this as a more beatdown oriented Deck similar to Deskbots. However, this Deck won’t hit as high numbers, since it has a lot more recovery than those kinds of Decks.

Majestic Mecha - Tomorrowland (Okay you have to admit that was a pretty good idea for a name)

Field - Spell

You cannot Normal Summon monsters, Any monsters that would be sent to your GY are banished instead. All “Majestic Mech” monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each of your banished cards. Each time you banish a “Majestic Mech” card(s), place 1 Majesty Counter on this card for each. At the start of the Standby Phase: Remove all Majesty Counters from your side of the field: Special Summon any amount of banished “Majestic Mech” monsters equal or less than the amount of Majesty Counter that were removed from this card.

This had no card inspiring it, just a card that ties the entire idea together. You might be wondering why I made a Field Spell Macro Cosmos. It says “your” so no I’m not making anything that broken. It also disables Normal Summoning. This is because of the next card. The idea is that you DON’T use the Extra Deck, but instead keep banishing and putting back into play your monsters. The counters aren’t technically necessary, but they help for keeping track and it may lead to some more support by making cards with Counters, which is why I said “Remove ALL Majesty Counters from your side of the field” rather than from the card itself.

Majestic Modification - Senketsu (Celestial Transformation)

Normal - Spell

Special Summon 1 Fairy monster from your Deck. It cannot attack, and it’s banished at the end of the turn. You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect, except “Majestic Mech” monsters. You can banish this card from your GY: Add 1 of your banished “Majestic Mech” monsters to your hand. You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn, and only once that turn.

Summons from Deck instead of hand, and has a BUNCH of restrictions. That is partially because of Counter Fairies, but that’s beside the point. Sure you can’t attack, but there are a lot of effects you could benefit from using. Senku can get some cards from your Deck banished, and Radiant and Ohka can Special Summon themselves as well.

Majestic Modification - Seraphim (Synthetic_Seraphim) (nothing AT ALL like that card though)

Quick-play - Spell

Banish the top 3 cards of your Deck: All “Majestic Mech” monsters you control gain 500 ATK for each “Majestic Mech” monster you control. If you activated this during the Battle Phase, “Majestic Mech” monsters are unaffected by Spell/Traps until the end of the turn. You can only activate 1 “Majestic Modification - Seraphim” once per turn.

This can be used in a couple ways. The first is during your Draw Phase. Use it even if you have no monsters, banish Senku, Ohka. or Goryu to Special Summon them during the Standby Phase. You could also use this the obvious way, as in run over your opponent’s monster with an effect similar to Limiter Removal. Maybe not broken enough, but the protection and the ATK would be enough to see play

Miraculous Descent

Continuous Trap

Miraculous Descent is something I don’t really care to change. It’s fine for the archetype at the moment and I don’t really have any ideas for it. I would probably make it a Normal Trap, make it Summon 2, or give it some protection similar to Safe Zone, but other than that I don’t see how buffing this card is necessary.

This is totally not because I can’t figure out a name for the Errata. You lie. (Give me time)

Anyway, the playstyle is very similar to Batteryman and Deskbots, where they get really high ATK stats and attempt to OTK the opponent, but have A LOT more recovery potential in the form of the Field Spell. Pretty straight forward.

Might make some more, probably another monster, a Continuous Spell, and then remake Miraculous Descent. Would appreciate some feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it too late to write something?

I personally loved using the old school Fairies, they were an easy big monster that lasted one turn, and in the slow format they could do their job. Usually with a Marshmallon on the field.

Majestic Mech Senku

The old Senku was so hopeless I'm glad now it has some uses. You totally changed the card though, so I wouldn't consider it an Errata.

Majestic Mech Layard

Remember using the original to recover from Soul of Purity and Light. Also it was one of the first "counter Fairy". You changed it so it recovers from the GY too, but I feel like it shouldn't. The entire Archetype likes being banished/banish stuff, so the GY shouldn't be used at all. I don't know, I'm still thinking at the slow counterpart.

Majestic Mech Radiant

I really don't get this one. I thought it was a banish-focused Archetype, and here Radiant comes and does the opposite of what it was intended to do. I would change it to: "Majestic Mech" monsters don't have to have their effect that would get them banished during the End Phase activated, if the idea was to protect them from their autobanishing effect. It's still your card, though. 

Majestic Mech Ohka

This card was in the Yugioh 2009 World Championship, wasn't it? So many memories. This is basically the only Majestic Mech searcher, so it's fine. The Special Summon condition is kinda strong, but since we're in 2017, it's nothing compared to other cards.

Majestic Mechanical Goryu

Why is it Mechanical? I mean, you've already used the exact original name for other cards, I don't see why this has to be different. Also, I don't think making a level 8 should be a problem. If you already have 2 Mechs on the field, you're not going rank 8 (although I'd like to see some love to level 9). The Banish milling is not going to be compared to Lightsworns, just because there are many effects that move cards from GY to banished zone, and if someone will ever make the reverse every milling deck will abuse it (Fairy Tail Snow, I'm thinking of you).

Majestic Mecha - Tomorrowland

I can't stop thinking about the electronic music festival in Belgium :D

The Normal Summon restriction makes this card limited to the Mech Archetype, so that's good. But, if the Mechs don't like surviving until the opponent's turn, will you leave empty field every turn? The ATK boost is good, but it won't make the difference if it removes the Counter every turn. I feel like the Standby Phase effect should be optional. Maybe you have a good field, and you're trying to accumulate Counters. The card is solid, btw, and will make the Archetype working.

Majestic Modification - Senketsu

Wait, from the Deck? It also helps you recover with a GY effect? I though Celestial Transformation was already good, now you're making it op. I get the restrictions, but you'll be Summoning Goryu to get some cards banished (or Ohka to search a Spell), then Summon the whole Archetype with the Field Spell (since you'll get 4 Counters at the End Phase).

Majestic Modification - Seraphim

And with this card, the whole "trying to make some Errata cards to revive old Fairies" gets replaced with "total New Fairies". Btw, this is an alternative version of Goryu, so I don't have to repeat myself. A good card to activate during the Battle Phase. We all know that Light monsters like surprising the opponent while battling (ehm, ehm, Honest).

Miraculous Descent

Well, this was the Call of the Haunted for banished Fairies, so it might be outclassed by other cards. Maybe adding a "banish from GY" effect?

I'd love to see cards that I used to use, being revisited in order to compete in the new format. Yet this deck still needs a Marshmallon to survive the opponent's turn.

You seem to review stuff quite a bit, but your points still seem low. I reccomend you post the links to cards you've reviewed here

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331010-ycm-economy-advanced-cards-redemption-thread/

I did it for my first 20,000 points. I still review but for the most part I'm too lazy to redeem single card reviews. Always feel like the points are too easy,

Alright, so this was quite a while ago and I never updated the post (I will later), but this was a REALLY op Deck. I tested this on the Duel Portal, and it was fun, crazy, and broken. 

I added another one, Majestic Mech Seraph, which was a simple searcher since there weren't enough Majestic Mechs to keep the Deck going. I'll have to change that later. 

Senyu worked as intended, but since the Deck ended up being really fast, it wasn't all that useful outside of breaking bad hands, and just being a Majestic Mech. This is probably because of Seraph, since that essentially gave you a Special Summon from the Deck for free. This won't be the case later on, since I'm kinda determined to get this archetype working. The art is too good.

Radiant hurt, and I mean A LOT. It was originally a way to keep the monsters on the field, but then I made Majestic Mecha, so it ended up being not only redundant but hurting the Deck. Also, there's a paradox with Macro Cosmos and Imperial Iron Wall, where if you have Imperial Iron Wall, you can't even play Macro Cosmos. So yeah this card is getting some heavy changes. 

Layard's recovery was REALLY unnecessary, so I nerfed it to only getting 1 "Majestic Mech" from banished, which was fair enough to play.

Love Ohka. I just like the Gold Sarc ability, and it's about the speed I want the Deck to be at, so expect that level of card later on.

Goryu is literally a Level 9 because the others are Level 3s and 6s. Only reason. The card art also never looked like a Level 8 to me anyway, so I didn't mind changing it. This Deck is not supposed to care about the GY. At all. In fact, the GY and Banished Zone for this Deck is intended to be a bit backwards. This Deck actually ended up milling a lot just because of the searching, so I might go somewhere with that, but for now this will be the only card that mills.

Majestic Mecha worked as intended, but there were crazy things that were happening. The thing was that all of the Majestic Mechs banished themselves at the end of the turn, which would garner counters on the card. However,

Senketsu ended up being fine, but only because of how few Majestic Mechs I made. If there were more it would be too good, and I'm already planning on changing it.

Seraphim was definitely Honest inspired. However, pretty obnoxious of a card. This is rather getting nerfed or deleted.

Miraculous Descent became a Normal Trap called "Majestic Descent", and was pretty good, just unnecessary and a little undermined by the speed of the Deck.

I ended up using Cards in the Sky and a bigger version made by someone on the Duel Portal that banished 2 Fairies to draw 3 cards, which simultaneously slowed my Deck down and sped it up, since while I drew cards, I couldn't enter the Battle Phase. 

It goes to show you have near no idea how a Deck is actually going to play out until you actually test the cards, much like in actual Game Design. I'm surprised the Duel Portal is used so little, since it has helped a lot with testing. Wish it had a better UI though.

Definitely, I agree you have to see a deck working on a duel to know if the deck is good/bad. It lets you know which cards are useless, too.

That's a major problem here, you have to think of actual strategies you could make before saying if a card is great or not.

Archived