Yu Gi Oh! Dueling in the Relics [IC Thread] [R-13]

Chaotic Angel

OOC Thread | Theme Tune: Vector to the Heavens

213jbrs.jpg

200 odd years after the events of VRAINS, dueling was long abandoned. However, there is one old man who still remembers how to duel and funnily enough still knows about Yu Gi Oh! He was the 'World's Strongest Duelist' having collected the likes of Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum and Link monsters over the thirty odd years he has been dueling. That man was called Keichi Tachibana. He's the old man that is waiting for one particular person to pull him out of retirement and duel him one more time, seeing as he has not long left in this world and give him the legacy to remember. Then it brings us to a flashback.

FLASHBACK

The fourty-six year old Keichi was preparing to walk to the dueling stage, making sure his deck is perfect and has everything he needs. "I hope I'm ready to duel that guy. Apparently he's quite strong..." the young Keichi said, as he exits the preparation room and as soon as he walks on, he said "Nice to meet you, I'm Keichi..." introducing himself to his opponent before the MC steps in.

"Alright, on the left hand side, please welcome the World's Strongest Duelist raised in rural Japan... Keichi Tachibana!"

"And on the right... Hold up, is something up, sir?"

As soon as the Master of Ceremonies was about to finish the introduction, Keichi was seen clenching his heart as if he had a heart attack. "Can someone check if he's alright?" the Master of Ceremonies shouted, expressing his worry for the duelist. His opponent was in shock as well, not knowing if Keichi would make it through. "Halt the duel! Something's up!" the MC finished as Keichi was immediately taken to the Emergency Room for a check up. They had found abnormalities in his lungs so he had two surgeries to remove the benign tumour in his respiratory system since the incident.

"I'm now starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to duel again..." he muttered.

That phrase never came to life, as by the age of 48, Keichi has decided to hang up his duel disk, for good due to health complications with pneumonia and other things. Obviously, Keichi was gutted but knowing he will never have the heart of the cards again, he didn't even know how to react. One day, Keichi hopes to duel again, but we will not know when.

PRESENT DAY

"I remember that day..."

"It must have been tough for me, I haven't been dueling for over 15 years. I really need to get back to that. Who's going to be in the heart of Egypt in order to find me?"

The pensioner then gets up off his couch in his retirement mansion and heads to the drawer where he takes out his duel disk, where it resembled the one Yusei Fuso once used except the gaming mat was updated for Link Monsters. He stares at it for a good fifteen minutes before putting it back in the drawer and studies the cards in his own time. He was also expecting two people, maybe more.

"Oh? Am I expecting visitors?" the old man thinks to himself.

"I mean, it would be nice. I shall await them from outside..." he said as he makes his way out for a cigarette.

For those who doesn't know, Keichi has been smoking since turning 18, which linked to his pneumonia in the first place.

[spoiler=OOC]

Okay, the first thing you should do is introduce your character, and then start planning on moving your character to Egypt where they will stay at Keichi's mansion. Duels are of course welcome here, otherwise what's the point of this RP? The in-game currency used to buy new cards will be 100 gold per booster pack, 1000 gold per tin and 500 gold per structure deck. As the cards haven't been updated for over 100 years in this RP, the newest cards are Link Monsters so please don't go over that. Each and every person will start off with 2000 gold, but don't go around throwing them all out in one post. That would be stupid.

Now, enjoy this RP to the best of your ability and let's see what you're made of. This should be the only post with OOC statements on there. Any questions, use the PM or the OOC Thread. Let's go.

Kizumi was just finishing his shift, when a friend came over to him. He was running and almost busted the restaurant's door down.

"Kizumi! Look! Look here!"

Kizumi had no idea what his friend was talking about. What was so important that he needed to interrupt his job for it? He was going to find out, after a scolding to his friend.

"What is it Paul? You know I'm busy at work!"

Yes, but I saw this and thought you would like to know about it"

Kizumi grabbed the paper and read it, then paused for a second. Did this really read what he thinks? No way!

"There's a challenge to see who is the greatest duelist out there?!?!"

"Yeah, and it's going viral! I figured this would be your chance ya'know?"

"Yeah I do. Listen. I want you to let them know I'm going to be there, and your gonna watch my brother. Got it?"

"Why do I have to watch him?"

"Because, you're my trusted friend. And it's not that hard right?"

"I don't think you know your brother that well."

"Alright then. I will talk to him later about it. But for now, I want you to hurry up and send in the news to this 'Keichi' person."

"Will do"

With that, Paul took off. Kizumi on the other hand, was as excited as a playful pup. This means he might be able to get out of that tiny apartment! He could actually give his bro the proper life! Of course he would have to work hard for it, but nothing good in life is free or effortless. He decided he would take some leave days, and start traveling immediately.

Are you ready to go, Jennifer?” Jennifer heard her father call out from down the hall.

Almost!” She responded, struggling to close a suitcase that was filled to the brim. She wore jeans and a black T-shirt that said ‘Rise of the undead!’ on it in red letters. Below the letters was a picture of a pale arm reaching out of the ground in front of a tombstone. After few failed attempts, she finally got the suitcase closed. “Done!” The suitcase was a bit heavy, but she didn’t have to carry it because it had wheels and a handle. So she just rolled it along as she headed for the living room. Her father was there, sitting on the couch. When he saw Jennifer, he stood up and walked over.

Now are you sure you don’t want me to come with you to Egypt?” Her father had always been worried for about her, especially after he had brought her back from the dead.

Don’t worry, dad. I’ll be fine.

But are you totally sur-

I’m sure dad. After all, it’s just another tourney-

-That’s being held in Egypt AND being hosted by Kechi Tachibana, the legendary duelist.

I’ll call you every day. And besides, this tournament is gonna be fun! I’ll probably even make some new friends.

Jake Willis smiled at his daughter’s excitement. “Alright then, I guess it’s time to drive you to the airport.

Let’s go then!

And so they headed for the door, beginning Jennifer’s journey to Egypt.

Keichi makes his way to the rocking chair in the patio of his mansion and waits for the two contenders to arrive. Meanwhile, he has another set of flashbacks from his past.

FLASHBACK

At the age of 16

"Do I become a professional duelist or not?" the young Keichi thought to himself as he sat on the desk whilst doing his homework back in Duel Academy. The Duel Academy was inspired by the Zexal era. By then the famous Gold Academy inspired by the GX era had fallen into the hands of the enemy. He couldn't do anything then because he was so young. Having read the newspaper from then, the young Keichi stood up and decided he should become a professional duelist.

"I will make this nation proud and I will make my parents proud."

"Time to duel!"

And so, this was how his dueling career started. He immediately dropped out of Duel Academy and went out to become a professional.

Keichi had free education because of his mother's history there.

PRESENT DAY

"I wish I could be sixteen again..." Keichi thought to himself as he got back up and put out his cigarette. Then he was greeted by two visitors approaching his mansion via two separate vans hired by him to pick the duelists up. Keichi hurried himself back inside his mansion to get the paperwork from his office and headed back outside a few minutes later to greet the duelists. "I hope your flight was a pleasant one, fellow duelists. My name is Keichi Tachibana and I shall be your mentor for the next six months." he said with a stern smile on his face, raising his eyebrows on the two people he just met. He looked at his paperwork and checked the names on the flight itineraries on the two, as he too was given copies by their individual flight companies.

"You must be Kizumi and Jennifer."

"I heard about you two. I had a phone call made regarding your arrivals here."

"Now, as you must have been mentioned by your loved ones, Egypt is a very hot place and the cities are very crowded so I hope you are properly prepared for this trip!"

"Whatever you do, do not get stranded... It's very dangerous to go alone unless your cellphones actually functions well enough for you to make calls here."

Keichi finishes his introductions but he did want to mention one thing. "Before you guys make yourselves at home, I need to tell you about the tournament coming up in six months. This is your opportunity to head out into cities, buy some cards to hone your deck and duel those willing... Should it be between each other or card sprites stranded somewhere in here."

"You can also use the time to ask for my help on how to build your deck, make it better and recommended places around Egypt to duel."

Then, Keichi tells them about the main event.

"The tournament held in Egypt is hosted by yours truly. You will be given the chance to duel against me to give back my ability as a duelist and to be able to duel each and every single one of you lovely people once again."

"If one of you wins, I will hand over my title as the World's Strongest Duelist. But trust me, if it was that easy, I would have duelled you right here and now. Be aware of any enemies that may interrupt us."

"Thirty-two contestants enter the live tournament over the hundreds of people who duel across this country as visitors and foreigners."

"Each battles it out until only two people are left standing and when the winner is announced, my time to duel will come."

"As you already know, the tournament does not happen right away."

"Young people like you need training first. I shall be the one who will give the both of you that."

When Keichi finally finishes, he makes his way to his mansion, inviting Kizumi and Jennifer inside and then he would be ready for any questions and answers from them should they need it.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have touched down at the Cairo International Airport in Cairo, Egypt. Please make sure one last time your seat belt is securely fastened and remain seated until the plane is no longer moving. The flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to make a final compliance check and pick up any remaining cups and glasses. You may now use your electronic devices as well. We thank you for flying with us.

The sudden announcement coming from the plane jolted Robin awake from his deep sleep. Although he loved to fly, he was so exhausted from frantically finding plane tickets and packing up his belongings that he immediately fell asleep as the plane began its cruise through the air at 10,000 ft. As he saw others around him shuffling through the tight hallway of the plane into the airport, he picked up his backpack from under his chair and grabbed his Duel Disk in the overhead bin. Trying to get that behemoth of a card-playing machine through security at the airport in America was a nightmare, as Robin had to sit there explaining what Duel Monsters was for nearly 45 minutes. Thankfully, he had the disk cleared in advance through the Egyptian security checkpoint, so grabbing his belongings and walking out of the airport was a breeze. What wasn't a breeze, however, was where to start on his research paper and where to find a place to eat and rest. After what seemed like hours of searching, he finally found a humble little place to rest in the heart of Cairo. After checking in and setting his suitcase and backpack on the chair beside him, he jumped into the desk chair and pulled out his laptop. He began to frantically write an intro to his paper, but it was obvious that he was making things up as he was going along. 

"Oh, man...I'm totally making this crap up as I go along," Robin said to himself. "If I'm gonna keep up with this attitude, I might as well just stop writing and do more 'research' and less 'paper'" he chuckled as he equipped himself with his deck and disk and flung open the door to the outside world, taking a whiff of fresh desert air. "Maybe there could be some cool wildlife to look at..." He said out loud, attempting to give himself a glimmer of hope in his stressful situation. After strolling through a very intimate market and buying some unknown but delicious snacks, he stumbled upon a wooden post with some papers strewn about it. He only gave it a glance and walked away, but immediately saw something having to do with dueling out of the corner of his eye. After realizing what he saw 5 minutes ago, he flew back over to the paper and a group of people suddenly appeared, circling the small post. A brawny and rather intimidating man in a suit was also next to it. 

"We want to see who the best duelist in the world is. Are you up to the challenge?" The man announced in various languages. Once he said this phrase in English, Robin had butterflies fluttering in his stomach. This was his perfect opporitunity to learn how to improve himself as a duelist! He ran over to the man and requested that he entered in whatever competition or event was going on. "Hey look here, this skinny lookin kid wants to duel! Well then, follow me.." He ominously replied as a black van rumbled along until it was directly behind the man. "Just take a seat and I'll take you to my boss. We're having a tournament and he's lookin for strong duelists." Not caring about whether or not this was a scam or a trick, Robin hopped right into the van and was taken to a strange-looking mansion. It looked out of place but at the same time seemed like it was there for a reason. As Robin stepped out and approached the door, he had no idea what to expect, and because of this, he had his deck and disk ready in case of an ambush. He trusted in his feathered friends to keep him protected if something bad was going to happen.  

"Thank you Keichi. Now, by any chance, could you show me my room? I don't want to carry these heavy bags everywhere if you know what I mean"

With that Kizumi was shown into his room. He put his bags down on the floor as soon as he walked in.

"That feels much better" he said to himself.

By the time he finished unpacking all of his belongings, he decided he was going to say hi to that Jennifer girl. After all, she was competition, and a possible friend and ally. But the second he stepped out of his new room, the doorbell rang.

What is this? Kizumi thought to himself. Someone is at the door? I didn't know if anyone was joining us here.

"Don't worry Keichi, I got it!"

He opened the door and to his surprise, there was a tall dark haired boy waiting on the other side.

"Hello. My name is Kizumi, and I'm not the resident of this household, but I can take a message."

"That's okay, I'm here to prove my strength."

Then Kizumi understood. "Right this way. By the way what is your name?"

"Robin Swift"

"I see. Well I'm Kizumi, and I'm looking forward to serving you my power!"

Jennifer stared out of the windows of the van that had picked her up at the airport. She was so excited. After all, she was in Egypt! A place she had never been before. And she was going to be staying at the house of Kechi Tachibana. She had read enough about Kechi online that she practically knew his entire life story. Knowing that she was gonna see the legend in person had filled her with anticipation. She couldn’t wait!

When the van did arrive to the mansion, she noticed another van was also pulling up. ‘It must be a duelist like me, joining the tournament,’ she thought happily. ‘Maybe we’ll be able to become friends.’ As the van stopped in front of the mansion, Jennifer got out. Walking around to the back doors of the van, she opened them and pulled out her big suitcase before placing it on the ground. Grabbing the compactible handle on the suitcase, she rolled it over to the front door where Kechi was waiting. On the way she got to see the other duelist. It was a guy with green hair. Apparently, he wore some kind of fast-food worker outfit, which was kind of weird, but that didn’t worry her that much.

Kechi began to speak when she and the other duelist stood in front of him, explaining a few rules and other things, along with explaining about the tournament. When he was done, he made his way into the mansion, gesturing for both of them to follow. Jennifer was so excited by all this that by the time she had got to her room, she had forgot to introduce herself to the other duelist, who she had found out was named Kizumi. So after quickly unpacking her suitcase, she headed out in search for him. But as soon as she had left her room, the doorbell rang. Wondering who it could be, she headed for the door. By the time she had made it there, she saw that Kizumi was already there, talking with a boy with jet black hair. ‘Another duelist,’ Jennifer thought, ‘So I should probably introduce myself.’

Walking over to them, she did a slight wave of her hand. “Hi!” She said happily, “I’m Jennifer Willis. It’s nice to meet you two.”

Robin was reluctant to ring the doorbell. Based on what his chauffeur looked like, he couldn't even imagine what was waiting behind that door. His hands were shaking as he quickly stabbed at the doorbell with his index finger. He felt like the sound of the doorbell echoed through the entire mansion, giving Robin some anxiety. He hoped that he didn't disturb anyone and hoped that people were expecting him. To pass the time before someone opened the door, he fidgeted with his deck of cards, shuffling them through his hands. He began to look around at his surroundings, as well. He had so much adrenaline from thinking about dueling that he didn't even notice the beauty and strangeness of the mansion. The front garden and porch had much of a European style of architecture, with large white marble pillars towering over the front of the house. Various mixtures of Egyptian flowers and other international flora dotted the pathway that the car took, and various luxury cars sat in a detached garage beside the house. The house was so tightly packed in terms of the way it looked that Robin was conflicted on whether or not the mansion was 3 stories or 2. Robin was lost in his thoughts in his mansion when a high school-aged young man gently pushed open the door.

"Hello. My name is Kizumi, and I'm not the resident of this household, but I can take a message." He heard the boy say. Robin was startled to hear another person's voice after standing on the patio for such a long time. He wasn't prepared about what to say next, so he just made something up as he went along.

"That's OK!...." Robin paused, not knowing what was the appropriate thing to say next. He didn't even know if the student in front of him was even a part of the whole dueling thing. "Man, sometimes I wish I could just escape and go bird watching.." He thought as he completed his side of the conversation. "I'm, uh...here to prove my strength." Something about that phase clicked with Kizumi. It seemed like he immediately went into a state of complete understanding.

"Right this way." The kid quickly responded. It seemed like he knew what was going on, which sent a wave of relief through Robin. Robin was escorted by the boy into many vast corridors inside the mansion, from the comfortable living rooms to luxurious dining halls and study areas. Once again, robin was in a daze strolling through the halls taking in his new environment. So much so that he didn't hear what Kazumi said next.

"By the way what is your name?" He inquired. Kizumi patiently waited for a response as Robin snapped back into the conversation. 

"Oh, shoot! He asked about my name!" Robin realized as he desperately searched for the answer to this kid's question in his head. "Robin Swift," Robin quickly snapped after an awkward couple seconds of silence. "Duh!" Robin told himself.

"I see. Well I'm Kizumi, and I'm looking forward to serving you my power!"

"Serving his...power?" Robin thought. It then struck him that he was being given a tour of the mansion by one of his potential future opponents. "Oh, it's a pun!" Robin snickered to himself. "Well played, Kizumi. VERY well played," he thought. At this point, Robin's entire demeanor changed and he tried to act cooler and not like a bumbling idiot. "Yeah, man! I'm excited to duel you as well! This tournament sure is gonna be fun!" Robin awkwardly rambled. Robin had a big problem of talking way too much when he was socially anxious. It was clearly evident that he had that problem going through that conversation again. "Gah, why am I such an idiot?" Robin asked himself in his head. Just as soon as he said that, another person appeared in the hallway. She seemed very friendly, and Robin hoped that this new opponent would be easy to get along with. "All these duelists are making me feel like I'm not ready, but this is what I signed up for," Robin thought.

"I’m Jennifer Willis. It’s nice to meet you two." Jennifer beamed.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you too, Jennifer! The name's Robin. Robin Swift, actually. I think we're gonna have a great time here dueling and stuff!" Robin enthusiastically approved. Based on how everyone was acting today, he felt like this was going to enjoy his time in this tournament.

"We have a new member?" Keichi overlooked, and saw Robin from the distance before approaching him.

"How come I didn't get a flight itinerary before you arrived?"

"Not to worry, you're here now."

Keichi then invited Robin to his office to catch up with what he had missed thus far. It wasn't too much to catch up with frankly, but Keichi had to cover the most important things.

"The guys that took you to me, they were my associates before I retired. Now, where were we?" he conversed with the new duelist before he goes to the main event.

"The tournament held in Egypt is hosted by me. You will be given the chance to duel against me in order to give back my ability as a duelist and to be able to duel each and every single one of you lovely people once again. How much would I have loved to duel again, you couldn't imagine it, boy."

"Now, If you, Kizumi or Jennifer wins, I will hand over my title as the World's Strongest Duelist. But trust me, if it was that easy, I would have duelled you right here and now and tested you. Be aware of any enemies that may interrupt us. Yes, those enemies are nothing but trouble these days."

"Thirty-two contestants enter the live tournament over the hundreds of people who duel across this country as visitors and foreigners who fly from their home countries."

"Each battles it out until only two people are left standing and when the winner is announced, my time to duel will come."

"As you already know, the tournament does not happen right away."

"Young people like you need training first. I shall be the one who will give the three of you that sort of training."

"I can also mentor you, help you build your deck... Make it stronger and recommend some places to go train yourself whilst I'm out on shopping errands."

When Keichi finishes with his catch up with Robin, he asks if there are any questions.

"Now, young man. Do you have any questions?"

He waits for the boy to answer and as soon as he does, he escorts him out of his office and gathers the other two duelists together. Not before he gets another phone call.

"Hello, who's this? Tachibana speaking."

"You have to be joking me. Send me the flight itinerary right away." Keichi said, in worry and dashed straight back to his office, but not before saying to Kizumi: "I think you need to come inside with me, it's regarding your brother."

It seemed like everything was happening in a flash. Not long after he arrived in Egypt for a study-abroad opporitunity, Robin has found somewhere to live and something to do to pass the time. Now that he has been brought to this mansion and introduced to people of similar age that share the same passions as he does, It's going to be very difficult for him to stay focused on his studies. Even now as this supposed legend of dueling was escorting Robin to his office, the chance of finally being able to play his bird archetype after weeks of not dueling made him giddy with anticipation. He finally took a seat as the aged but surprisingly healthy man explained the rules and guidelines of the tournament. Robin thought about pulling out his phone to take notes, but thought against it since it would look really rude to pull out a phone while someone was talking to him. As a result, Robin simply nodded and gave his undivided attention, as hard as it was. There were amazing things in this man's office, from dueling artifacts to antique furniture that Robin has never seen before. He was so used to the glorious technology of the future, since he did live in the 2200s, after all. He never got the chance to appreciate the things of the past, something that he will be given the opporitunity to do in Egypt. 

"I can also mentor you, help you build your deck... Make it stronger and recommend some places to go train yourself whilst I'm out on shopping errands." Keichi informed. This resonated particularly well with Robin, as he's going to need as much training as he can get if he can compete with people from around the world in this tournament. After all, how could he possibly win in this tournament if he couldn't even win at any tournaments in the Comic Book Stores at home? "Well, the guy who threw me in his car obviously thought that I had some sort of potential, so that's reassuring" Robin thought as he continued listening. After hearing the information that this man was giving him, Robin had a new sense of respect for him. He was not only trying to help himself get better but help others in the process as well. The man ended his monologue with a question for Robin.

"Now, young man. Do you have any questions?" The man inquired.

"Well, come to think of it, I do. If you don't mind, where's the best place I can go to train myself? I haven't seen many places around that seem like the 'Duel Monsters Cornucopia' in Egypt." Robin chirped. He was so hyped about dueling someone that he could hardly speak. As soon as Robin said the word train, the old man had a noticeable grin on his face, like it was the exact thing he wanted Robin to say. 

"Check out the Duelists' Legacy Museum. The place is always bustling with a couple duelists here and there." the man happily praised. After exchanging numbers with the man and some final words of good luck from him, Robin was escorted out of the office, rotated out with the two other people he met not too long ago. Robin ran through the hall and straight out of the door. Thankfully with technology in the 2200s, he was able to jot down the coordinates of where he wanted to go on his phone, and since it was a public place, he could instantly warp to it in the blink of an eye. With the push of a button, he was sucked through a portal on his phone and teleport-ed to the place the old man mentioned. It was a gorgeous museum, with an exterior covered in solid gold. The top of the arched, pyramid-like temple had a giant Millennium Eye on its tip, almost peering down on the duelists below, urging them to stroll inside its halls. It almost felt as if it was an ancient worshiping ground for the Egyptian monarchy rather than a museum dedicated to Duel Monsters. It was no wonder that Robin didn't give it a second glance. The mere presence and sheer beauty of the building felt like more than Robin could comprehend, which made him even more excited to get started on dueling. He strapped on his Duel Disk once again and bolted towards the building. Immediately as he arrived, he saw a sight that he hasn't seen since graduating High School: masses of duelists, each with their own customized and uniquely colored Duel Disks, dueling out in the front of the museum. It seems like the museum staff knew that there would be dueling on its grounds, so special dueling fields were installed on the 8th floor of the pyramid, overlooking the vast skyline of Egypt's finest tourist sites. Robin soared through the staircase inside, paid the hefty admission fee to enter (with the spare money he brought from home), and slowly spectated each duel that was going on. There were a plethora of archetypes, from Flamvells to Zoodiacs, Kozmos to Nekroz, monsters soaring through the skies and digging through the ground. Robin felt the same excitement that went through him when he first saw the Solid Vision Technology in action. Just as he was watching the first duel wrap up, One of the people from the far sides of the court was waving his arms at Robin in a manner similar to challenging him. 

"HEY YOU, WANNA DUEL??" The man shouted, surprisingly in English of all languages. Thankfully, this building was popular with tourists, so a language barrier wasn't something he had to worry about here.

"YOU BET!" Robin shouted back, running over to that specific court, A-4 to be exact. The court was laid out similar to that of a modern-day tennis court, with lines circling the area of play and a rubbery blue floor. Once Robin configured his disk to connect with his opponent's Disk, his opponent asked another question.

"Hey, that's a unique Disk you got there. Which archetype are you playing?" The man wondered. Robin didn't want to give too much information away, but tried to answer his opponent's question to the best of his ability.

"It's an archetype that I made myself back in the United States. An old friend of mine got a hold of a card-printing machine and we printed out our own archetypes. But I promise that mine is balanced, don't worry." Robin clarified. His opponent's eyes widened in surprise. Robin assumed that everyone was expecting the current meta during that time, so hearing that information must've given his opponent quite a shock.

"Wow! I didn't even think that was possible! Well, that definitely makes me excited to duel you!" His opponent said. They both were all set-up and ready to go, and with a resonating shout of "DUEL", the Duel began.

"I'll go first!" The opponent quickly snapped. "First, since I control no monsters, I'm Special Summoning 'Windwitch - Ice Bell' from my hand!" the opponent declared, slapping a card on his Disk. Suddenly, the temperature around them became an uncomfortable chilly sensation, but nothing that Robin wasn't familiar with. A pink witch with hair in multiple hues of blue flew on its bell-shaped broomstick from behind Robin's opponent, striking a pose and levitating in front of him. "Now, I can Special Summon 'Windwitch - Glass Bell' from the Deck with its effect!" The opponent added, flinging a card from his Deck straight onto the blade of the disk, almost as if he's rehearsed this combo many times before. Yet another witch with a similar appearance flew from behind to join its friend, making the weather even colder. "And finally, since I can search for 'Windwitch - Snow Bell' with Glass Bell's effect, and since I control 2 WIND monsters, I can Special Summon it from my hand!" his opponent concluded. Just as he placed the card from his deck, to his hand, and finally on the field, a loud and joyous ringing rang through their playing field as a large, heavily decorated and spherical bell chimed its way to the two witches. "Now I'm tuning 'Windwitch - Ice Bell' with 'Windwitch - Glass Bell'!" The man recited, chucking his two cards into the Graveyard slot and pulling out another one from the Extra Deck slot. 

---

Winds of winter, snow and ice! 

Become my power to blow everything away! 

Synchro Summon! 

Come forth! 

Level 7! 

Windwitch - Winter Bell!

---

Suddenly, the two monsters transformed, one becoming a set of green rings that circled around the other, and the other transforming into a set of shining white orbs neatly lined up inside of the rings. A beam of light later, the two monsters have been replaced by an oddly-shaped ocean blue sphere, with purple spikes jutting out in every direction. Before Robin even had time to comprehend what was right in front of him, his opponent continued. "'Windwich - Winter Bell''s effect activates! I can target 1 'Windwitch' monster in your Graveyard and inflict damage to you equal to that target's Level x 200!" his opponent announced. A clear white beam of pure snow shot straight towards Robin's chest, sending him flying backward, taking 800 damage in the process. "Now I'm tuning Winter Bell and Snow Bell! And since Snow Bell's the Tuner, you can't destroy my next Synchro Monster with card effects!" His opponent bragged proudly.

---

Spread those wings shining with scared light!

Strike down your enemies with that radiance! 

Synchro Summon! 

Come forth! 

Level 8! 

Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon!

---

Now the same visual as his last Synchro Summon appeared once again, transforming the two odd bells into a menacing dragon. Although it looked beautiful in appearance, it has been infamous in the dueling world as the "destroyer of monsters" due to its powerful effect negation. "And with that, I end my turn." His opponent finally concluded.

"So it seems like we use the same summoning mechanic! Interesting!" Robin pointed out, drawing his 6th card. "Oh boy, it's time to have some fun! First, I'm activating the Field Spell, Songbird Nest!" Robin declared, gently placing his card into the Field Spell Zone. A massive Oak tree sprouted out of the ground and flourished in the middle of the Duel Field. "Once per turn, during either player's turn, I can Special Summon a Songbird Token to my side of the field! And this field gives my Songbird Monsters a 200 ATK boost for every Token on the field!" Robin explained as a bright red Cardinal flew from the nest up above and onto Robin's shoulder. Robin pulled out the last of his sunflower seeds he snacked on while he was on the plane and fed them to his monster. "Good to see you again, pal!" He told his feathered friend. "Now, i'm activating Creature Swap! You take my token in Attack Position, and I get your Crystal Wing, and there's nothing you can do about it!" Robin snickered as his trusty bird nodded to him and flew onto his opponent's side of the field, while the giant white dragon, in a hypnotized state, flew onto Robin's side. "Nice to meet you, Crystal Wing! I'm Robin!" He told the dazed dragon. His opponent was so shocked and upset about being duped by Creature Swap that he stood there with a very mean look on his face. "Next, I'm activating the Spell Card, Songbird Feather Shower! Now that I don't control any Tokens, I can Special Summon 4 to my side of the field!" He exclaimed in excitement as 4 more small birds emerged from the nest. They were all obsessed with the rest of the sunflower seeds and gobbled them up from Robin's hand. "Alright, now I'm activating Songbird Evolution! Allowing me to tribute 3 of my tokens to Synchro Summon without a tuner!" He cheered as three of the birds on Robin's other hand flew into the sky and started to glow a golden yellow.

---

O, bird of vast knowledge!

Descend onto the battlefield,

And prove the superiority of wisdom!

Synchro Summon!

Take Flight!

Level 3!

Songbird Savant!

---

After the chant, the large glimmer of golden light faded, leaving an owl flying through the sky. The owl dived down onto the field and stood at the base of a large branch coming out of the tree. "Songbird Savant's effect! Once, while it is on the field, I can add a Songbird Spell card from my Deck to my hand, and the card that I choose is Songbird Synchronization!" Robin explained, immediately activating the card he just added. "This card allows me to summon 1 more Songbird Token, but as a tuner!" Robin added as a gorgeous Blue Jay flew out of the nest and joined the Owl and Cardinal. "Now I tune the Tuner token with my other Token and Savant!" He explained.

---

Bird that transcends space and time,

Protect those that cannot protect themselves,

and shed light upon the corrupted world!

SYNCHRO SUMMON!

Ascend, Winged Guardian of the beautiful universe!

Level 5!

SONGBIRD STARCATCHER!

---

After a traditional Synchro Summon animation, a large burst of light darted at god-like speeds around the field and eventually materialized into an odd-looking golden blue bird. It landed on Robin's duel disk, right where his cards were. "Aw, come on, Star! Right where I'm playing my cards!" Robin playfully scolded. "Anyway, I activate two more cards! First, I activate the Spell Card Songbird Gathering! Summoning 3 more Songbird Tokens to my field!" Robin explained as 3 more Cardinals appeared from the tree. It was difficult to activate the card in the first place because Songbird Starcatcher was resting comfortably right in the middle of the card blade. "Finally, I activate United We Stand, boosting my Starcatcher's ATK by 800 for every monster I control! Since I control 5 monsters, Statcatcher's ATK is increased by 4000!" Robin said as he activated the card. Songbird Starcatcher's pupils turned gold and its feathers were gaining intensity in color. "BATTLE PHASE! Crystal Wing, attack the Songbird Token! Crystal Cataclysmic Strike!" Robin commanded. At the last moment, right before the bird was to be attacked, it flew away and out of the duel, leaving Robin's opponent to take 2700 points of damage. His opponent flew back, covering himself from the smoke from the attack with his arm. "Your turn, Starcatcher! Holy Transcendence!" He chanted as Starcatcher pierced straight through his opponent at blinding speed. The resulting sonic boom caused both players to fly backward, leaving his opponent with only 200 LP left. Thankfully, the field was covered in invisible padded walls, so neither player was hurt by the impact of hitting a wall or from anyone's attack. Robin had to slowly get up and recover from the fact that he had the wind knocked out of him before getting back up again."Now...ugh...I end my turn." Robin grunted with a grin. He had this duel in the bag.

[spoiler=Current Duel]

Robin Swift: 7200 LP

Hand: 1

Field:

Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon: 3000/2500

Songbird Starcatcher (Equip: United We Stand): 5100/500

Songbird Token: 1200/300

Songbird Nest

United We Stand

Opponent (NPC): 200 LP

Hand: 4

Field: None

"I think you should come inside with me, it's regarding your brother" the old man said. Kizumi knew exactly what he meant. He was stupid to think Aura would stay put, with him being in Egypt! When they arrived at the airport, they saw a flash of light.

*What was that* Kizumi wondered. He dashed ahead of Keichi to get a closer look. When they turned the corner, everything was normal, except for there being a giant duel in the middle of the airport itself!

"I play Jaylux, the Dragon Knight in attack mode." A voice said as they got within earshot.

*Wait a minute. I know that voice!* Kizumi realized.

"Aura! What are you doing here?!"

A little boy no taller than 5' looked up at him. His eyes showed that he was a little startled. He had a right arm and a left leg made of metal.

"Hey Bro! I came here to find you, but looks like you found me!"

"Yeah. Well I got a call saying you were causing trouble. I didn't expect that you would be here."

"You can't just leave me at the house while you go duel in Egypt. That's not very responsible of you"

"I see what you're playing at, and I don't appreciate it mister. Now why are you dueling here?"

"These idiots were picking on me because of my prosthetics. Now I'm teaching them a lesson."

"I see. Carry on then."

Wait. You won't stop me? Is something wrong?"

"No."

This was true. Nothing was wrong, Aura just needs to fight his own battles. But, he was going to scold Aura for his behavior later.

"Well in that case, I use Jaylux's effect. I can bring one 'Command of the Dragon Knight' to my hand."

Aura searched his deck for the spell card, then revealed it to his opponent before placing it in his hand.

"Then I'll activate it. I use Jaylux and Xantar as Fusion Material."

Just then, sparks of red and blue filled the field, resulting in purple flashes of color.

"Oh ancient dragon of earth and might,

Descend into battle and win this fight!

Fusion Summon!

Level 8

Ancient Dragon of Earth!

Out of the colors, came a giant dragon, flightless and with rocks as part of it's scales.

" Then I'll use Jaylux's Grave effect. If both him and my fusion spell are in the graveyard, I can shuffle them both into my deck."

Aura shuffled his cards carefully. He didn't want to bend his favorite cards.

"Now my Dragon, attack his monster! Ancient Rock Strike!"

As his collosal dragon attacked, the opponent's monster started to turn to dust. But then, the opponent-known as Cedroc- played his trap.

"I activate my trap card, Wabaku. My monster, X-Saber Urbellum is not destroyed and I take no battle damage this turn."

X-Saber Urbellum looked even more devastating than before.

"Fine. On my Main Phase 2, I'll set 2 cards face down, and end my turn."

[spoiler=Duel info]

Cedroc NPC

Life points: 8000

Hand: 2

Field:

X-Saber Urbellum

1 facedown

Aura

Life Points: 8000

Hand: 1

Field:

Ancient Dragon of Earth

2 Facedowns

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you too, Jennifer! The name's Robin. Robin Swift, actually. I think we're gonna have a great time here dueling and stuff!" Robin enthusiastically approved.

”I think so too!” Jennifer said with a smile. Robin seemed like a nice guy and she had the feeling that they might become great friends. She was thinking about to asking Robin some questions when Kechi came up and showed Robin to his office, where Jennifer guessed that he was telling him everything he had told Kizumi and her earlier. Feeling good now that she had done her introduction, Jennifer headed for her room to do some things.

After a few minutes, in which Jennifer had called her dad and finished unpacking, she left her room. Now that she had gotten everything unpacked, she wanted to go see Egypt, and maybe possibly have a duel.

. . .

“Are you a duelist?” The little girl asked, looking up at Jennifer. Jennifer had been walking through the city, admiring the sights, when a little girl with orange hair and a duel disk attached to her arm had suddenly appeared in front of her.

“Actually, I am.” She said with a friendly smile. At that moment, a thought floated up in Jennifer’s mind. Nobody around seemed to be with the girl. She was alone. At the girl’s age, she should’ve had someone watching over.

As if to answer her question, a teenage boy, also with orange hair, burst out of a nearby crowd. His eyes instantly locked onto the little girl and he ran over. “Grace! I told you not to run off!” The boy said, out of breath.

“Look brother! I found a duelist!” Grace said with joy, pointing at Jennifer.

The boy glanced at Jennifer before looking back at Grace. “That’s good and all but, like I said, I told you not to run off. You scared me half to death when you disappeared.”

“I’m sorry brother, I won’t do it again.” With that, Grace turned to face Jennifer. “Now duel me!”

Grace’s brother rubbed the back of his head with his right hand as he looked over at Jennifer. “Um, yeah, can you please duel my little sis? She’s been itching for a duel all day.”

“Of course! I was actually itching for a duel too.” Swiftly, she pulled her duel disk out from her purse and attached it to her left arm. “So if you don’t mind, I’ll start this duel!”  Looking at her hand, she grabbed one card and placed it on her duel disk. “I set a monster face-down and end my turn.” In an instant, a large face-down card appeared on the ground in front of Jennifer.

“That’s your turn?” Grace asked, confused.

“Yep.”

“Okay then…I draw!” Grace placed the card she had draw on her duel disk as soon as she had seen it. “I play Polymerization and fuse the Edge Imp Sabres and Fluffal Bear in my hand.” The two monsters appeared on the field, only to be sucked into a swirling vortex.

‘So she’s a fusion user,’ Jennifer thought as she watched.

“Come on out one of my favorite stuffed toys! Frighttfur Bear!” With a soft thud, the monstrous abomination that was Frightfur Bear landed on the field. And at once, it was on the move. “Attack her face-down, Frightfur Bear!”

In response, Jennifer’s face-down monster flipped-up and a zombie in riot gear with a riot shield appeared. Powerfully, Frightfur Bear punched the zombie’s shield, but surprisingly, it didn’t move an inch, nor was it destroyed. “Huh? What happened?”

Jennifer was more than happy to explain. “Undead Shieldman’s effect prevents it from being destroyed once per turn.”

It took a second for Grace to realize what that meant. “Oh okay! Then I’ll just set a card face-down and end my turn.”

Jennifer smiled. She now knew her opponent used a Frightfur deck, which mainly depended on its fusion monsters to crush the opponent. She was already making up a strategy for victory.

[spoiler=Duel Info]

3fd8307f1f15fa4bd5f1dff60946f05f64cce912

Jennifer's LP: 8000

Field: Undead Shieldman

Hand: 4

. . . . .

2329_200.jpg

Grace's LP: 8000

Field: Frightfur Bear

1 face-down S/T

Hand: 2

"That's an interesting combo you got there! Alright, I draw!" Robin's opponent said as he drew a card. "First, I'm gonna activate the Spell Card Twin Twisters! By discarding 1 card from my hand, I can destroy Songbird Nest and United We Stand!" The opponent revealed with great confidence. A gigantic tornado touched down on the center of the field, uprooting the tree housing the birds and removing the fighting spirit of Starcatcher, causing its ATK to lower to 500 and the tokens' ATK to lower back to 300. "Now, RAIGEKI!" The man roared, slipping a spell card into his disk. Swirls of lightning joined the tornado, tossing birds around and causing Crystal Wing to explode in a brilliant green ball of light. All that was left was Songbird Starcatcher. 

"Glad you're still here, Star." Robin gracefully whispered to his friend. "Starcatcher is unaffected by all card effects and cannot be used as material for a Summon! The only way you're getting past it is if you get past me!" Robin courageously announced.

"Fine, then. Let's see how you like this! I summon Aleister the Invoker in Attack Position!" Robin's opponent sneered. As soon as the opponent placed the card on the blade, a wizard in white robes appeared on the field. It held a giant brown book in its hands and held a staff with a dark-colored square on top of it. The Invoker glared at Robin in disgust. This only made Robin gain the biggest smile on his face.

"You know, it's been a very fun duel, but I think it's time for a taste of your own medicine! I activate Songbird Starcatcher's second effect! When a non-Token monster is Summoned, its controller takes 500 points of damage, and Starcatcher gains 400 ATK! It's Over!" Robin cheered. Songbird Starcatcher flew upwards until it was out of the Earth's atmosphere and hurled a comet from outer space straight at Robin's opponent. When the comet broke the atmosphere of Earth, it was about the size of a baseball, but it was still enough to end the duel. A slight tap of the comet on the opponent's shoulder reduced his LP to 0.

---

Opponent (NPC): 200 -> 0

WINNER: Robin Swift

---

The man fell onto his knees and stared in awe at Robin, unsure of what to say next. When the duel finished, Robin took another packet of sunflower seeds out of his pocket. At the sight of this, Starcatcher chirped and sang in delight. "You thought I didn't have any more, Star? Hah! You bird brain!" Robin teased as he opened the pack and poured some in his hand. Starcatcher pecked at it with great joy until the Solid Vision expired, causing Starcatcher to vanish into thin air. Robin ate the rest of the seeds as he started to hear his former opponent speak to him.

"You sure that's balanced? You just wiped the floor with me, man!" His opponent complained. It did dawn on Robin that the duel he just participated in only took about 3 turns to finish up. But he knew

that he got it balance-checked online by some reviewers before he had it printed, so he felt confident about reassuring the man.

"Yeah, I had it reviewed by a couple other people before I had it printed in real life. Besides, I never won a tournament back home before, so I'm not that good. But thank you for the help! I'm glad I 

could duel someone with a great amount of strength!" Robin replied with a smile. He really hoped that his opponent wasn't mad at him anymore, as he had doubts that his stupid excuse would be taken.

"Well, thank you! I hope you keep on improving! By the way, I never got your name. What is it?" The man asked, extending his hand for a handshake.

"Robin! Robin Swift. If you ever want to duel again, I'd be happy to accept you offer!" Robin answered, shaking the man's hand vigorously. He was nervous that he was going to give a weak handshake, which is something very rude that he has done unintentionally in the past. After the handshake, Robin looked around and saw multiple people cheering and taking pictures with their phones. Cheers of amazement and support filled that side of the dueling area, and it gave Robin a temporary boost of confidence. "Well, thank you guys for watching! It was a lot of fun dueling this guy! He's really strong!" Robin told the audience, which was returned with more cheers by the audience. Robin happily skipped out of the dueling arena and into the streets of Cairo once again. It wasn't long before he heard commotion happening in the crowd. Anxious to see whether or not it was a duel, Robin stuffed his face with the rest of his sunflower seeds and jogged over to see what was going on. There wasn't necessarily a crowd gathering around these two people, but there were definitely people turning heads and seeing why a zombie straight out of the SWAT team and a stuffed bear were fighting in the streets. Robin instantly knew that it was a duel, and he was excited to see where it was going to go. Suddenly, he saw the girl he met before, with the abnormally pale skin and dark pink eyes. "Oh! That's Jessica!" He remembered in his head. "Wow, I guess everyone took the old man's advice on training. But I don't want to be accused of spying on a duel to gain the upper hand later in the tournament, so I'm just gonna make myself not seen...hopefully" Robin schemed, trying to make himself stay out of trouble while still trying to watch the duel. He wasn't doing a very good job at it, but he still tried to have fun watching the duel anyway.

Keichi finally receives the flight itinerary from his associates over email. It belonged to Aura Hiroshima. "Kizumi. I want you to have this as well. I'll get a copy of this." the old man said, getting more and more concerned by the minute. He gets out of his seat and heads over to the printer, where he opens the lid and slams the bit of paper inside, and does a photocopy. The laser shines through from left to right and the next bit of paper comes right out of the printer before he hands the flight itinerary over to Kizumi. "Did you pay for this sheet?" he asked, trying to keep a calm composure.

"I'll get an answer from you in a minute."

"I'll go stop that duel at the airport."

The next thing he knew, Kizumi was already at the airport trying to stop his brother, so he lets himself out of the office with the door open. He then proceeded to take the jacket from the cloakroom and heads straight out of the mansion but not before saying: "I've got to stop this before anything worse happens."

"Now, if you excuse me."

Keichi then headed straight out, locked the mansion provided no one was inside, grabbed his car keys and jumps into his vehicle, not forgetting to buckle up. After two minutes of preparation, he simply drives off almost immediately to the airport. The airport from Keichi's Mansion only takes twenty minutes to drive in, but since the duel took place in the middle of the airport itself, Keichi had no choice but to stop in the middle of the road, blocking the other drivers and leap straight through. His health didn't help him though as it took ten minutes after the leap to get his breath back. Afterwards, the healthy-looking but-frail old man approached the eight year old boy and shouted: "This is Keichi Tachibana! I order you to stop the duel this instant!" He was forced with no choice other than to bring a card sprite, 'Tetsuya Kousaka' to stop the duel. Keichi held Tetsuya's card up in the air and summoned him out of the blue. "Water Manipulation!" Tetsuya chanted, but after some thought, Keichi stopped him. "Let the boy carry on. I heard Kizumi say something just then." 

"Wait, why?"

"I clearly have no idea."

Tetsuya and Keichi was seen conversing about the incident, but it was clear the both of them paid no mind to the Hiroshima siblings. It was none of their business.

"What is the meaning of this, Kizumi?" Keichi asked out of the blue, seemingly suspicious about the most recent technology that has been around.

Maybe he hasn't got it yet, for some reason.

"Well, that was time wasted for nothing. Call me if you need me again, old man." Tetsuya said in distress, going back to his own world via the card Keichi just pulled out.

"So you ask of this?"

"It's from a Memorial Collection costing 3,000 Gold. You won't have enough for that yet."

[spoiler=Card used]

gPgk6Vf.jpg

"What is the meaning of this, Kizumi?" Keichi asked.

Kizumi wondered how to word this. He thought for about two seconds, then spoke in a hushed voice, "Aura isn't that great of a duelist. I hate saying that, but its true. He still struggles with the concept of Links. But, he has to fight his own battles, and i feel this is the opportune time to let him do so. And don't worry, ill scold him later."

Behind them, the duel continued raging on.

"I Summon, Gyroid, and then ill have my level three X-Saber tune my Gyroid.

Synchro Summon!

Level 6

Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon!"

Just then, three green rings appeared around Gyroid, then Gyroid itself turned into three stars inside the green rings. Then out of the rings came another massive dragon, this one the size of a jet.

"Now ill have my Crystal Wing attack your pathetic Dragon of Earth!" Cedroc said with a smirk.

"Not so fast, once per turn my dragon can't be destroyed by battle!" Aura replied quickly, his eyes beaming.

"Then i chain Crystal Wing's effect. When a level 5 or higher monster activates its effect, I can negate the activation, and destroy the card. Say bye bye to your only form of defense, and hello to 2500 points of direct damage!"

The attack sent Aura flying backwards. Since thesis wasn't a place built for dueling, there were no pressure pads to help him ease his fall. Instead, he landed hard on his right arm, dislodging it completely, and rendering his arm useless. How could he duel like this?

"That's enough!" Kizumi shouted as he saw his brother in pain. Granted it was his metal arm, but he couldn't duel with an arm he couldn't operate.

"This duel is over."

"Well, well, well. Who do you think you are?" Cedroc said while snickering. You could see his awful yellow teeth when he sneered.

"I'm this kid's brother and only caretaker. Now leave him alone, and pick on someone else!"

"And what are you gonna do if we Don't?"

Kizumi thought this over a second. Then he got it.

"I'll have the world champion of dueling challenge you. Then you will lose for sure." An obvious lie, but he hoped it was worth a shot.

Cedroc and his gang thought for a moment, then decided to leave.

"Phew, that worked. I was afraid they wouldn't buy it." Kizumi said after they were out of earshot.

"Yeah, without my arm, I'm unable to duel. Thanks for coming to help me bro."

"You're welcome, Aura. But, this doesn't mean you will be unpunished. I want you to stay in my chambers for an entire week. That's right, you're grounded."

Jennifer already had her plan ready to go, and it involved a LOT of combos. “I draw!” She declared, glancing at the card she drew. ‘Perfect’ she thought, placing the card on her duel disk. “I activate the field spell, Undead Underworld!” The nearby area underwent a sudden change. No longer were they standing in the streets of Cairo. Instead, they were in a foggy, desolate wasteland with dead trees and grass; all a sickening color of black. Every now and then, pale arms would pop randomly out of the ground before slowly sinking back down below the ground.

Grace seemed to be slightly bothered by the new landscape. Jennifer, on the other hand, was perfectly fine with it. “Now that I activated Undead Underworld, it lets me add an Undead monster from my deck to my hand. I’ll choose Undead Hound.” After she added the card to her hand, she picked another card from her hand and slapped it onto the duel disk. “I’ll use Foolish Burial and send Undead Experiment from my deck to the graveyard. Then I’ll use Undead Hound’s effect. By banishing an Undead monster from my Graveyard, I can Special Summon it. So of course I’ll banish Undead Experiment.” An orb of darkness had appeared on the field and out of it jumped a wolf. The wolf’s dark grey fur was stained with blood. It’s eyes glowed orange and they stared at Frightfur Bear menacingly. There were holes in the wolf’s skin and you could see it’s ribcage.

“At the same time, I activate Undead Experiment’s effect. Since it was banished, it allows me to add an Undead monster from my deck to my hand. I’ll add Undead Hawk to my hand.” Jennifer declared as a transparent zombie that had glowing red eyes and was covered from head to toe in bandages appeared, handing her a card before vanishing away.

“Next I’ll summon Undead Mechanic in attack position.” A bald zombie wearing a mechanic’s outfit and holding a wrench crawled out of the ground in front of Jennifer, joining Undead Shieldman on the field. “Undead Mechanic’s effect allows me to Special Summon an Undead monster from my deck. So I’ll summon Undead Horde!” Out of the ground emerged a large horde of zombies; all looking hungry. “However, Undead Horde’s effects are negated, its ATK and DEF become 0, and it’s destroyed at the end of my turn. But that doesn’t matter because it’s not gonna stay on the field for long! Using the Undead Horde, Shieldman, and Mechanic I control, I Link Summon!”

Magically, a glowing blue square portal with 9 grey arrows around it opened up in the sky above. Jennifer’s monsters flew up and into the portal and 3 of the grey arrows that were pointing in Jennifer’s direction turned red. “Bringer of the plague and overseer of chaos. Spread your wings and give life to the dead! Link 3! Undead Angel!” As Grace put the Undead Angel card in the right Extra Deck Zone, a female angel floated down gracefully from the portal, her grey wings extended outward. But you could easily tell there was something wrong with the angel. Her eyes were completely white, just like her hair. She wore a white dress that was stained with dirt and blood, while her skin was a decaying grey. Instead of landing on the ground, Undead Angel floated an inch above it. “Now both Undead Underworld and Undead Angel’s effects activate! Undead Angel let’s me special summon a banished Undead monster to one of its Link markers. Come back Undead Experiment!” The bandaged zombie with glowing-red eyes appeared on the field; not transparent this time.

“Undead Underworld’s effect! Whenever an Undead monster is sent to the graveyard, I can banish it, so I’ll banish all 3! And like all Undead monsters, their effects activate when their banished. Undead Horde lets me special summon a copy of it from my deck, while Undead Shieldman makes sure that Undead monsters can’t be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn.” Another horde of zombies emerged from the ground and stood right behind Undead Angel. “Finally, Undead Mechanic adds a banished Undead card to my hand, which I’ll choose Undead Shieldman.”

Grace was blow away by the amount of effects that Jennifer had just activated. “Wh-wh-what?!”

“I’m not done yet! I’ll now use my Undead Hound and Undead Experiment to Xyz Summon!” At once, Undead Experiment and Undead Hound turned into red glowing orbs of light and flew into a black vortex that had opened up in the ground. “Robber of graves, cursed to walk the earth forever. Come forth and bury all before you! Rank 4! Undead Graverobber!” Emerging from the ground right behind Undead Angel was a zombie wearing a black hoodie and dirty jeans. In his left hand was a large bag that was filled with golden necklaces and jeweled rings, while a shovel laid in his right hand. “Now I’m ready to attack. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Undead Horde gains 200 ATK for each Undead monster I control.” The horde of zombies glowed slightly as their ATK went up to 2100.

“Undead Angel, attack Frightfur Bear!”  Slowly, Undead Angel raised her hand and pointed at Frightfur Bear. At once, hundreds of feathers peeled off her wings and shot straight at Frightfur Bear, cutting it to shreds. Grace was pushed back a few inches from the 300 damage she received. “Horde. Graverobber. Attack her directly!” The impact from the two direct attacks knocked Grace off her feet. Her brother rushed over as she landed on her back and let out a yelp of pain.

“Are you alright?” Grace’s brother asked, worried.

Surprisingly, Grace stood back up with a really happy smile on her face. “I’m fine, brother!” She exclaimed happily, before looking over at Jennifer. “You’re good at dueling.”

“Thanks.” Jennifer then grabbed a card from her hand. “I set one card face-down and end my turn.”

“Alright then, I draw!” Drawing a card, Grace looked at it. And an evil smile appeared on her face, before quickly being replaced with her previous smile. “I activate my face-down! Call of the Haunted! This card let’s me Special Summon a monster from my Graveyard, and I’ll choose my lovely Frightfur Bear!” With the monstrous on the field, Grace’s smile grew devious. “I then activate Polymerization and fuse Frightfur Bear with the Fluffal Cat and Fluffal Owl in my hand.” A cute stuffed cat and owl appeared on the field with Frightfur Bear, before all of them were sucked in by a vortex.

“Stuffed beast with teeth as sharp as sabres! Emerge from the shadows and chew my enemies to bits! Level 8! Frightfur Sabre-Tooth!” The beast that emerged was as demented looking as Frightfur Bear. It was a purple tiger with sharp pieces of metal sticking out of its head and back. ”Fluffal Cat’s ability from the graveyard! When it’s used as Fusion Material, I can add a Polymerization from my Deck to my hand.“  Adding the card to her hand, she pointed at the only monster on her field.

“Frightfur Sabre-Tooth’s effect! When its Fusion Summoned, I can Special Summon a Frightfur monster from my graveyard! Come back, Frightfur Bear.” A large dark hole opened up in the ground and Frightfur Bear floated up from it, appearing on the field for the third time. “Also, Frightfur Sabre-Tooth increases the ATK of all Frightfur monsters I control by 400! Now Frightfur Bear, attack Undead Angel!” With a nod, Frightfur Bear charged at Undead Angel, before unleashing a powerful punch. But at the last moment, Undead Angel blocked it with her wings. At the same time, the horde of zombies that were to the left of Undead Graverobber exploded. “Huh?”

“Undead Angel’s effect. When she would be destroyed, I can banish a monster that’s linked to her instead. And thanks to Undead Horde’s effect, I can Summon a copy of it from my Deck.” Like before, a large group of zombies emerged from the ground and stood besides Undead Graverobber.

“Then I’ll attack her with Sabre-Tooth!” Pouncing, Sabre-Tooth attacked Undead Angel. But again, Undead Angel blocked the attack with her wings and Undead Horde exploded.

“Aagain. Undead Angel’s effect prevents her destruction by banishing a card Linked to it instead. Also, Undead Horde’s effect doesn’t activate this time since I don’t have any more copies of it in my deck.”

Frustration showed on Grace’s face, but it quickly changed to a genuine smile. “Oh well then,  I end my turn.”

‘Something’s weird about this girl. . .’ Jennifer thought. With her two-faced, always happy, but yet devious and evil personality, Grace was a bit weird. But that didn’t matter. Jennifer was still going to win.

[spoiler=Duel Info]

3fd8307f1f15fa4bd5f1dff60946f05f64cce912

Jennifer's LP: 7600

Field: Undead Angel(ATK: 2500)/Undead Graverobber (ATK:2400/DEF:2000)(Linked to Undead Angel's Bottom Middle Link Marker)

1 face-down Spell/Trap

Hand: 3

2329_200.jpg

Grace's LP: 3200

Field: Frightfur Sabre-Tooth(ATK:2800/DEF:2000)/Frightfur Bear(ATK:2600/DEF:1800)

Hand: 1(Polymerization)

After watching Jennifer's duel for a very brief amount of time, Robin knew that simply advancing in the tournament, let alone winning it, was going to be a tremendous challenge. 3 minutes haven't gone by in the duel yet, and these Duelists have collectively summoned more than thirteen times, which left Robin flabbergasted. "Wow, what a fun duel to watch!" Robin observed, based on Jennifer and Grace's performance. Both Duelists' play style of always being on the attack with multiple combos made the duel very entertaining for Robin. It seemed like a regular old duel until Jennifer announced something rather odd to him. "Wait, What in the world is a Link Summon?" Robin asked in total disbelief as monsters flew into some sort of gate-looking portal. They reappeared on the other side as a rotting, bloodstained angel. The summon itself had an odd sense of familiarity to Robin, since the way the monster was summoned looked like a Synchro Summon, but something about the summoned monster was different. It didn't come to realization for Robin until he pulled out his phone to check the current Field with his Duel Spectator App. "WHAT?! No Defense or Level?! That's Crazy!" Robin cried in terror. But much to Robin's surprise, that wasn't the only thing that he was going to learn today.  After seeing the way Jennifer looks in real life and the theme of her deck, Robin suddenly put two and two together. "Oh my God...is Jennifer a Zombie?" Robin thought to himself, horrified at the idea of such a thing. "I mean no judgement or anything, but I thought that was just something that happened in the movies!" He tried telling himself. "Maybe I can take my mind off of that concept with some more seeds." Robin told himself, pulling out yet another bag of sunflower seeds, munching endlessly on them. It was a bad habit for him to break, but it helped out a ton when he was stressed out. After a couple of turns had passed, Robin thought that perhaps his Star would like to watch the duel too, and so Robin exited out of the Duel Spectator app, tapped on the Temporary Solid Vision app, and carefully placed his beloved monster on the screen. In a matter of seconds, a yellow blur darted around the phone, then came to a stop. A Yellow and Blue bird sang and flew around Robin's head. "Hahaha, It seems like you're excited about watching a duel, huh, Star? Well, here's some popcorn!" He said, pouring some seeds out of the bag to feed Star again. The bird was so happy to get even more seeds than usual that it sang out particularly loud, causing some people around him to turn their heads. "SHHH! Don't be too loud. I'm observing this duel so that I can understand what my opponent will be like soon!" He explained to Star. Songbird Starcatcher tweeted in acknowledgement and sat on Robin's shoulder, the two now both watching the duel.

"Both of you get in my car. It's over."

Keichi gestured the Hiroshima boys to follow him to his car, so as soon as he got on, he saw the gridlock that he had caused and had to apologise, so he gave a polite gesture in order to do so. Once in the car, he had a few things to say to them. "What in the hell were you doing in here, boy? I thought... Never mind. I'll have you answer when you get back to my mansion." Keichi said, ready to raise his voice because of all the trouble Aura had caused. "In the middle of the bloody airport too. I'm looking forward to that 5000 Gold fine being slapped onto my car for it." Keichi sighed, not looking forward to what was going to happen in the future.

Now he makes his way back to his mansion after another twenty minute drive, provided that everyone was buckled up. Besides, he is all for safety nowadays. When he arrives back home, he parks up his car, switched off the engine, checked all of the surroundings and got out of the car to capture that fresh air. "Finally, that fresh air I was after."

"Get inside now, both of you." Keichi ordered, seemingly angry at the both of them but tried to keep a calm composure. He too followed on, unlocking the mansion and then letting the Hiroshima boys in before himself. "Never mind sitting on the couch. You're coming in my office." Keichi said, escorting the pair of them inside, unlocking his office door and getting in for himself and the siblings before taking them to their seats and Keichi sitting on his own right opposite them. "Did you know how much trouble you caused your own brother?" Keichi questioned Aura, then he faced Kizumi and asked: "Did you pay for this flight? It was sent to me and it said you paid for it." Awaiting an answer from the both of them.

"What brings you here then, Aura? it's clear to me that you have some intention of staying in Egypt."

"With a boy your age, it's hard for me to enter you to a tournament without a responsible adult. Besides, how old are you? 8?"

Keichi says it all whilst reading Aura's flight itinerary, awaiting answers from the both of them. Eventually, he has had enough. After the siblings answer his questions, he goes ahead and says: "I'm done here. Get out."

"GET."

"OUT."

Then he kicks the pair out of his office, wanting some alone time and some peace. Keichi was never usually like this, but because of the trouble the Hiroshima brothers have caused, it would take him time to calm down, so he proceeded to put on his glasses, opened his laptop and read the news online. All whilst thinking about the others who are in a dueling state.

When they arrived at the mansion, Keichi had told the brothers to go to his mansion. After being seated, he began to question the two of them.

"Did you know how much trouble you caused your own brother?" he asked, clearly directed at Aura.

"No sir. I figured he could take care of himself. Besides, I was the only person in real trouble anyway." Aura replied.

"Exactly. Dont you get it Aura? In you coming here, you were in more trouble than you could imagine. That's why we are here now." Kizumi scolded his brother.

"Did you pay for this flight? It was sent to me saying you paid for it" Keichi told Kizumi.

"I assure you sir, I had no knowledge of Aura even planning on leaving home, let alone taking a plane to get here." Kizumi replied.

"That was the plan. It was supposed to be secret." Aura said proudly, but not helping his case.

"What brings you here then Aura? I assume you have some intention of staying in Egypt?" Keichi asked the younger brother.

"Well, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I could join the tournament my bro is in."

"With a boy your age, it is hard to enter you into a tournament without a responsible adult. How old are you anyway? 8?" Keichi asked.

"Yeah. But my bro could take care of me. After all, he is almost an adult."

"If you think I'm going to let you join this tournament after what you just did, you've lost your mind! I already said youre grounded, so what makes you think you can duel? Besides your arm is broke anyway. You want duel like that!"

"Oh yeah? Well I got news for you. If you send me back, ill just come back here again and again and again. It will be never ending." Aura told Kizumi.

"I never said you were going back, I said you were grounded to my chamber in this place. Besides, you---"

Just then, Keichi sounded like he had enough. "Im done here. Get out.

The brothers just stared at him for a second. Then he raised his voice.

"GET"

"OUT!"

With that, the boys rushed back to Kizumi's chambers. Kizumi couldn't help but wonder why Keichi was mad at him. He couldn't help that he had a mischievous brother. And besides, he did the best he could to keep him back in America. This wasn't his fault at all.

Meanwhile, Aura was taking it all pretty lightly. After all, nothing can be more serious than what he had been through his whole life. This was going to be easy to get in that tournament. All he had to do, was be good for long enough that both Kizumi and the old man would let him join. It was that simple!

When they got to Kizumi's chamber, He told Aura to stay put. Aura expected this, and was obliged to follow instructions for once.

"I'm gonna try to find Robin and Jennifer somewhere in town." Kizumi said before pressing a button on his phone that made him teleport to the downtown area of Cairo.

"Now where could they be?"

Then he saw a light coming from the Museum of Dueling. Perfect. He ran over there and found both of them, Robin and Jennifer. Jennifer was dueling a little girl no more than 5 years old, and Robin was watching.

"Hey Robin. How she doing?" Kizumi asked.

Even though she heard a bird sing out loudly nearby, Jennifer kept her attention on her duel. “I draw!” she declared, her eyes locked onto her opponent’s main monster. Frightfur Sabre-Tooth. She would have to take that down before she could take on Grace directly. But there was only one problem. Grace had used 3 monsters to fusion summon Sabre-Tooth. Jennifer knew that Sabre-Tooth had an effect that prevented it from being destroyed by battle or card effects if 3 or more monsters were used as its fusion materials. So in other words, she would have to think of another way to take it down. As she prepared to play a card, something happened. Her stomach grumbled. ‘Uh oh,’ she thought.

At once, there was a sudden change in her. A huge sense of tiredness and boredom washed over her. She shoulders slumped and her arms went limp. Her knees buckled, but she stayed standing. Her back went humpback and her head fell down. She looked kind of like. . .a zombie. “I’m hungry,” she said, almost in a whisper. Usually, she would get a snack from her purse and eat it, but at the moment, she didn’t feel like it. She just wanted to end this duel. After all, it had become pretty boring.  Bringing her arms back up into dueling position, she looked up at her opponent, her head leaning to the left.

“Are you alrigh-“

“I’m fine.” Jennifer stated in a bored tone, interrupting Grace. Slowly grabbing a card from her hand, she slapped it onto her duel disk. “I activate Undead Draw. This card banishes the top 2 cards of my Deck, then I draw cards for each Zombie-Type monster banished by this.” Taking the top 2 cards off her deck, she revealed them to her opponent. They were Undead Wizard and Undead Police. “Both cards are Zombie-Type, so I can draw 2 cards.” After putting the two Undead monsters in the banish slot of her duel disk, she drew 2 cards. “Also, Undead Wizard’s effect activates when it’s banished, letting me add an Undead spell or trap from my Deck to my hand, so I’ll choose Undead Fusion.”

“Next, I summon Undead Experiment,” Jennifer declared in a bored tone.  At once, the same bandaged zombie that had previously on the field was back. “And its effect activates. When it’s normal summoned, I can Special Summon an Undead monster from my hand. Come on Undead Hawk.” By Jennifer’s right shoulder, an orb of shadows formed before exploding and disappearing, revealing a hawk standing there. The hawk looked disgusting. It’s left wing was nothing but bones. It was missing a left eye, while its right eye was a milky white. It’s beak was blood stained, and it looked around franticly at all the people around. Then it’s eyes locked onto Robin and his Songbird Starcatcher. The hawk froze instantly, staring at Starcatcher hungrily. Jennifer didn’t notice the behavior of her hawk as she took the Undead Fusion card and played it. “I activate Undead Fusion. This card let’s me Fusion Summon by banishing monsters from my field or graveyard. I’ll banish Undead Graverobber, Undead Hawk, and Undead Experiment.” Hearing this, the hawk’s attention finally left Starcatcher and it flew over to Undead Experiment as a swirling vortex appeared, sucking all 3 monsters in.

“Dead for millions of years. Reborn by the overseer of chaos and ordered to lay waste to all. Come forth! Fusion Summon! Undead Dragon!” Out of the vortex emerged a dragon that was literally nothing but a moving skeleton. Inside its skull, a fire burned. “Now finally I’ll activate Fall of the Undead, which let’s me banish two monsters from my graveyard. The only Undead monsters in my graveyard are Undead Experiment and Undead Hound, the previous Xyz Materials of Undead Gravekeeper. After all, when an Xyz Monster is banished, sent back to the extra deck, or destroyed, it’s Xyz Materials are always sent to the graveyard unless stated otherwise.”

At that time, Jennifer’s stomach grumbled again, telling her to get food. This time, she obeyed her stomach. Reaching into her purse, she pulled out a plastic bag that contained a ham and cheese sandwich. After opening the bag, she quickly took out the sandwich and took a huge bite out of it. After a couple of chews, Jennifer stood straight and was back to her previous self. “Undead Hound’s effect activates when it’s banished,” Jennifer said after she had swallowed the bite. “Allowing me to destroy a monster you control. Now I could choose Frightfur Sabre-Tooth, but that would be a waste since I know that it can’t be destroyed by battle or card effects. So instead, I’ll destroy Frightfur Bear.” A ghost of Undead Hound appeared and charged at Frightfur Bear. When it touched the bear, it was sucked inside. At first, nothing happened. And then Frightfur Bear exploded, causing a shower of stuffing.

Grace turned furious as she watched the insides of her precious bear rain down. “So what if you destroyed Frightfur Bear? I still have Sabre-Tooth! And like you said, it’s unstoppable!”

Jennifer held up a finger. “Hold on. I didn’t say it was unstoppable. Just that it couldn’t be destroyed by battle or card effects. But right now, I’m going to take it down.”

“How are you gonna do that?”

“Let me show you. Undead Dragon gains 100 ATK for each banished Undead monster. I have 11 banished Undead monsters, so it’s ATK goes up to 3600. But that’s not important. What’s important is Undead Dragon’s effect. I can send any number of my banished Undead monsters back to the Graveyard, then I can target 1 monster on the field whose level is equal or lower than the number of monsters I sent to the Graveyard, and. . .banish it.”

Grace’s eyes grew wide as saucers when she heard this. “Wait. WHAT?!”

“That’s right. I’m gonna banish your monster, and I can do that since banishing doesn’t count as destroying. So I’ll send exactly 8 Undead monsters to my graveyard and take care of your Level 8 Sabre-Tooth! Of course, Undead Dragon’s ATK will drop to 2800, but that’s not important. Now,Undead Dragon! Open the gateway to the void!” Undead Dragon unleashed a deafening roar, causing the people nearby to cover their ears. Underneath Frightfur Sabre-Tooth, a large black hole opened up and the stuffed, purple tiger was swallowed up by it.

With her field now empty, Grace just stood there, stunned.

“You have no monsters. No face-downs. No tricks waiting in your Graveyard. And the only card in your hand is Polymerization. In other words, you’re completely exposed and I have two monsters that have enough ATK to drop your life points down to zero. This duel is over.”

With a simple nod of her head, Jennifer’s two monsters attacked, sending a storm of simulated flames and feathers shooting towards Grace. As she was hit by the combined attack, a resounding ding signaled her life points dropping to zero.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

WINNER

Jennifer

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Grace fell to her knees and stared at the ground as it changed from the black, dirty grass of Undead Underworld to the stone street of Cairo. With the duel now over, Jennifer walked over to her opponent. “That was a great duel,” Jennifer said with a smile. “I had a lot of fun. I wouldn’t mind dueling you again.”

After a few seconds, Grace didn’t move and Jennifer became a bit worried. But suddenly Grace jumped up, an excited look on her face. “That, was, awesome!!” She said happily, pumping a fist in the air. “You’re such a great duelist! Can we really duel again sometime?”

Sure! Maybe we can duel next Saturday?”

“Okay! See you then!” Grace said happily, before turning around and running off.

“Wait Grace!” Grace’s brother called out, chasing after her. “I told you not to run off!”

With her opponent now gone, Jennifer was thinking of going back to the mansion. But as she turned around, she spotted Robin and Kizumi not that far away. “Oh hey guys!” She said with a smile, waving at the same time. She quickly walked up to both of them. “What have you two been doing lately?”

Kizumi watched as Jennifer won her duel. She did it with an extreme power. After the duel, she came over to where Robin and him were standing and asked them a question.

"What have you two been doing lately?"

Kizumi was the first to reply.

"Oh nothin more than dealing with my annoying younger brother. Dont be surprised if you see him in the mansion. He lives in my chamber now. But yeah, because of him I haven't even been able to duel yet!"

Just then, Kizumi saw another duelist and realized this might be his chance. He walked up to the gal, and challenged her.

"Let's Duel!"

She was a little hesitant at first, but decided it would be fun to beat this brat up. Then they both strapped on their Duel Disks, and the solid vision was formed.

But then the girl, known as Fiona, noticed something strange.

"Why do you where a Duel Gazer? You do realize we can see the Solid Vision just fine without it, right?"

"I like to wear it. It makes me feel more in the zone." Kizumi replied.

"Whatever. I'll start us off."

She looked at the cards in her hand, and decided what to play. Then she had it.

"I'll set two cards face-down, and Summon Photon Thrasher." she looked proud to have summoned a monster with so many ATK points. "Then I'll end my turn."

"Alright, I Draw!"

Kizumi liked the cards he had in his hand. But, he didn't want to use them up too quickly.

"I'll Summon Fast Food - Burger in attack mode. Then, you will take 200 damage since I successfully summoned him."

Fiona brushed it off like it was nothing. "That all you got?"

"Hell no. Then I'll use Fast Food - Fries effect and Special Summon him from my hand."

Fiona watched as a Burger was accompanied by a side order of fries. "What is with his choice in monsters?" she thought to herself.

"But then, you will take another 200 because Fries was successfully summoned."

Once again, she brushed it off.

"Then, I'll use my card, Polymerization. I'll fuse the two monsters in my hand, Fast Food - Shake and Fast Food - Hot Dog. What happens when you take a side and a sandwich and combine them? You get a combo meal! Order up, Fast Food - Combo!"

Just then, after some red and blue sparks were created, a giant burger accompanied by fries and a drink, appeared onto the battlefield. Fiona was confused by this.

"So what you're trying to make me hungry?" she said.

"Oh you won't be hungry after this. Since Combo was summoned, you take 500 damage."

She brushed this off too, even though it was a little bit more.

Then, I'll have my Level 3 Burger tune my Level 3 Fries and Synchro Summon. I'll call in my top chef, SS Restauranteur Head Chef!"

Just then, green rings appeared around Fries. Then Fries turned into three level stars, and formed a new monster. This guy looked like he could deal with the heat of the kitchen, the stress of fast cooking, and even the authority of being the head of the cooks. He carried a spatula and wore a dirty apron.

"Now you take another 500 damage. Then, I'll attack your Thrasher."

"Not so fast, I activate my trap card, sakuretsu armor."

Kizumi couldn't help but smile. "Well then, I chain Combos effect. Once per turn, if my opponent would activate a face-down card, I can negate the activation and if I do, destroy it. Looks like your trap was put out of service."

Then, Head Chef flipped Thrasher with his spatula like a burger. When Thrasher fell to the ground, the impact made him turn into dust. Fiona took 900 more damage.

"Then I'll have Combo attack directly."

"Sorry, but I have another trap. Zoma the Spirit! Sure it gets destroyed, but you take your own attack points as damage!"

Kizumi watched his LP decrease by 2400. "Fine. I end my turn."

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Fiona NPC

LP 1700

Hand: 2 cards

Field: none

Kizumi

LP 1600

Hand: None

Field:

SS Restauranteur Head Chef

Fast Food - Combo

"This has me thinking..."

Keichi says to himself trapped in his office because he wanted some time alone. Who could blame the old man after kicking out the Hiroshima siblings. "Who could possibly be so irresponsible."

"I should catch up with the tournament staff to see if I can enter that Aura in." he said, getting out of his seat and proceeding to leave his office, grabs the phone nearest to him and makes a phone call. After fifteen minutes of pure chatter, Keichi's mood was clearly worsening and decides to call Kizumi out of curiosity, so he types in his cell phone number and waits for the latter to pick up. Should he do so though, Keichi says this: "I just called the tournament staff. I'm sorry, but the kid has to be over 13 to enter. I'm afraid all he can do is assist you."

"Please forgive me. It's not my words."

Well, Keichi would love to enter everyone to the tournament, but his only responsibility was to host, also to duel the winner. "I should see how the others are doing..."

"It's been a while since I stepped outdoors for a trip around town..."

Keichi locks his cell phone and decides to go to town by car. Who knows what he would come across there...  

"Oh nothin more than dealing with my annoying younger brother. Dont be surprised if you see him in the mansion. He lives in my chamber now. But yeah, because of him I haven't even been able to duel yet!" Kizumi replied.

Jennifer was a bit surprised that Kisumi had a little brother and a little more surprised that his little brother was now staying at the mansion. She wanted to ask questions like, how did his little brother get to the mansion? Or how old was his little brother? But before she could, Kizumi had run off to duel some girl. So Jennifer looked over at Robin and saw Starcatcher on Robin’s shoulder. “Awwwwww. It’s so cute!” Jennifer said with a smile.

Her attention was quickly attracted to Kizumi’s duel as it started. She watched as Kizumi summoned a bunch of monsters that were fast food related. ‘So he really likes fast food’ Jennifer thought, before smiling and waving. “Go Kizumi! You can do it!” she said excitedly.

Fiona quickly drew her card as she heard some girl cheering for this kid.

"Go Kizumi! You can do it!"

As if, she thought to herself. No way she was gonna let him beat her. Not Fiona the Fearsome!

"I'll play my monster. Photon Crusher!"

A giant Warrior of light wielding a giant dual sided hammer appeared. It looked ready for battle.

"While I still don't understand your choice of monsters, I can still wipe the floor with em. Now I'll activate Galaxy-Eyes Photon Maiden's Ability from my hand. I can discard her, then Special Summon one Photon monster from my Graveyard. Say hello to Thrasher."

She watched Kizumi's eyes grow wider as she re-summoned her monster.

"What's the matter? Afraid of a little Xyz summon? You should be. Ill build the overlay network, and Xyz summon!"

Kizumi had to stop her.

"I have both of the EMZ's! You can't Xyz Summon."

Fiona had forgotten about this. She hated the link format with a passion.

"Fine, I'll first destroy your monster by playing Hammer Shot."

Kizumi watched as his strongest monster burst into tiny dust particles. Combo was the only one left.

"No! I still need you back in the kitchen!"

Then Kizumi remembered something.

"Oh yeah, now you have a choice. Here's the menu: Take 500 damage, or I gain 500 LP. What are you having today, Fiona?"

Fiona didn't like this at all. Either way, she'd be lower than him. Better not give him more LP though.

"I choose special number 1."

With that, she took another 500 points.

"Now I can finish what I started. I Xyz Summon! Photon Drill!"

Both her Light based monsters were turned into little blue orbs. Then those orbs circled around a new monster, who resembled a drill.

Then, I'll have my Photon Drill attack your Combo!"

The difference was only 100. But, Kizumi decided not to let her obtain this. He started running to the left.

An action card! He told himself. He reached up and grabbed it before the attack could follow through.

"I activate the action card: Evasion!"

His monster was saved. Now it would be his turn soon.

"Nice move. But it won't happen again. I end my turn."

Kizumi drew his card with finesse. Yes! He could use this.

"I'll play my field spell, Fast Food - Restaurant!"

A giant fast food chain similar to McDonalds formed around them. Combo sat on a table nearby.

"Now, my monsters effect damage will be doubled. So, I think I'll summon, another Fast Food - Shake!"

A milkshake like monster appeared next Combo on the table.

"Since it was summoned, you take 400 damage, because Restaurant doubles it. But, I have a side-order effect from Shake. Anytime you take damage, I can increase my LP by the same amount."

Fiona flinched as she took another 400 damage. Kizumi's complexion grew stronger upon gaining more LP.

"Then, I'll use my Pot of Greed card to draw two new cards."

What he got couldn't be more heaven-sent.

I play Dark Room of Nightmare, then I'll Summon Another Fries useling its ability. Looks like this Duel, is served.

Fiona calculated the damage. Fries summoning means 400 Dark Room adds 300, 1700 minus 500 equals 1200. 1200 minus 400 equals 800. Another 400 means 400 left. 700 finishes her.

"Dang it! Good Duel." she said.

"Yeah good duel to you too. You did pretty well, and almost had me in a corner!" Kizumi praised.

"I'm in a tournament to see who's the best duelist out there. You should watch me play." Fiona invited Kizumi.

"Well actually, I'm also in that tournament too." He replied.

"Oh. Well then, I look forward to my next chance to beat you. Ciao!"

"Chow!" Kizumi said before she ran off. Then he asked Jennifer a question.

"Hey Jen, why do you like Zombies so much?"

Jennifer watched as Kizumi’s opponent took out his Head Chef and would have destroyed Kizumi’s other monster if he hadn’t grabbed an action card at the last second. While watching Kizumi’s duel, Jennifer was looking at both duelist’s tactics and cards. Kizumi’s opponent seemed to run a photon deck, which mainly relied on either xyz monsters or its boss monster, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Kizumi’s Fast Food deck seemed to specialize in burn damage, which could be a problem. Jennifer mentally made a note to think up counters for both of these decks.

But right now, she enjoyed the duel. When Kizumi’s turn began, he used the burn damage of his monsters with the help of a field spell and continuous spell to drop his life points to zero. ‘Definitely gonna have to find a way to counter that burn damage,’ she thought, as Kizumi walked up to her.

"Hey Jen, why do you like Zombies so much?" 

The question had caught Jennifer by surprise, but she quickly thought about her response. She had liked zombies all her life, although she liked them more after she sort of became like one. But she couldn’t tell Kizumi she was the living dead. That would sound weird and he probably wouldn’t believe her. “Well, I’ve kind of liked them most of my life. I had seen some old zombie movies when I was child, and I just sort of liked how the zombies worked together and attacked the humans.”

Archived