Yu Gi Oh! Dueling in the Relics [IC Thread] [R-13]

Chaotic Angel

As Keichi makes his way to the museum, assuming that the duelists are there... He parks his car in the parking lot, paid the fee and entered the museum. The museum holds memories of past duelists, ace cards and characters made in honour of another franchise. When he looked behind him, he panicked. It was three card sprites, all brandishing swords. "Hey... What the hell is this!?" then he screamed, attracting the attention of all of the other duelists. Keichi did nothing to panic about afterwards but because he didn't bring his duel disk, he brought up another card: "Cyber Dragon Nova" and raised it up in the air, summoning it alongside Tetsuya, another card sprite. Keichi then proceeded to using another in order to straighten the odds. It turned out to be a female humanoid dragon, Rin.

"Alright, I'll haved you three take care of this for me. This looks like..."

"Sprites of Buster Bladers!"

"I don't have my duel disk, so you're on your own!"

Keichi states his words and leaves the premises, making his way to the other duelists as quick as he humanly could. Ten minutes after abandoning three of his card sprites, he stopped to catch his breath and saw one of the duels, so therefore he decides to observe. "A very interesting duel. I shall watch and gain input from this. I did say they needed to train themselves..." Keichi thought, whilst watching fast food card sprites fight against another archetype. "Looks like my duelists are doing very well. This is going to prove some success in this year's tournament."

And so, Keichi continues his observations, without making another word.

[spoiler=Cards used]

[spoiler=Cyber Dragon Nova]

1051308.jpg

2 Level 5 Machine-Type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 "Cyber Dragon" in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "Cyber Dragon" from your hand or face-up from your Monster Zone; this card gains 2100 ATK until the end of this turn. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Machine-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck.

[spoiler=Tetsuya Kousaka]

gPgk6Vf.jpg

[spoiler=Rin Walker]

UT1A7VU.jpg

“Well, I’ve kind of liked them most of my life. I had seen some old zombie movies when I was child, and I just sort of liked how the zombies worked together and attacked the humans.”

Kizumi was taken back to his past upon hearing this. The house he and his parents lived in alongside his brother, the times they shared together, and various other memories revolving around this main theme. He remembered when all they would do was sit and watch the very same Zombie movies. This was the life. But now everything was different. His parents had died in that fire, his brother has become ever distant and mischievous, and he himself has had to be the sole caretaker and manly role model for his brother. He even had to get a job at age 12!

Kizumi snapped out of his reminiscent thoughts as he saw Keichi running up towards them.

"Hey teach, what's up?"

"Oh I also have a question. Could I maybe buy new cards here? I don't know where to do that, and I just got some money from winning the duel I was just in."

"Yeah, and I met another duelist who is in the same tournament we are in" Kizumi spoke to Jennifer this time. "Her name is Fiona"

Turning back to Keichi, he asked "How's Aura doing?"

Jennifer didn’t notice Kechi until Kizumi had walked over to him. "Hey teach, what's up?"

"Oh I also have a question. Could I maybe buy new cards here? I don't know where to do that, and I just got some money from winning the duel I was just in."

"Yeah, and I met another duelist who is in the same tournament we are in" Kizumi spoke to Jennifer this time. "Her name is Fiona"

Turning back to Keichi, he asked "How's Aura doing?"

‘Who’s Aura?’ Jennifer thought, before she answered her own question. ‘Oh. Aura must be his little brother.’ Walking up to Keichi, she smiled brightly. “Like Kechi said, can you point out some card shops for us? I would like to browse their inventory.”

As the two walk up to Keichi, he was pleasantly surprised at the sight of them, though he had news for them later. "Hey teach, what's up?" Kizumi said as he walked up to the old man. "Oh, I also have a question. Could I maybe buy new cards here? I don't know where to do that, and I just got some money from winning the duel I was just in." Keichi thinks for a second on how to answer, but then he comes up with this: "You can buy cards in any card shop around the city. All of Egypt may have forgotten how to duel, but we people know how. They sell cards here for a reason, and this is one of them." he answered, but then Kizumi goes around and asks him yet another question.

"How's Aura doing?" the boy asked.

"Boy, I haven't been paying attention to that brat. He seems to be fine, but he is anti-social. Oh yes, I seem to have left a voicemail message about it. I'll reiterate." he answered, but quickly moves on to the next topic.

"I just called the tournament staff earlier today and I'm sorry to say... Aura has to be 13 to take part in the tournament alone. The best he can do for the time being is become your assistant."

"It pains me to say..."

Then Keichi's cards scattered on the floor before him, knowing that the sprites he used were defeated. "Hmm." he thought, speechless. "We have visitors." he exclaimed, looking at two Buster Bladers pointing their blades at Keichi, looking for a duel. "If it's a Tag Duel you want, so be it." Keichi shouted. The old man didn't bring his duel disk, so he decided to go ahead and pull Kizumi and Jennifer into the duel.

"Jennifer, Kizumi... The next part of your training begins. Defeat the two Buster Bladers in a Duel."

"I'm counting on you."

Keichi then stands in the middle, between the two Buster Bladers, Jennifer and Kizumi and acts as a adjudicator.

"Jennifer & Kizumi vs Buster Blader A & Buster Blader B."

"8000 LP. No deck sharing."

"Let the Duel. Begin! The winner gains 200 Gold, the loser gains 100."

"Best of luck to both teams!"

The Duel then commences. The Buster Bladers put on their duel disks, drew 5 cards each and one of them begins its turn. Buster Blader A sets two cards and sets a Monster in face down Defense Position and ends its turn. It's no wonder the pair of them have no dialogue.

"They don't talk?" Keichi thought. "Never mind. Who's going first out of Kizumi and Jennifer?" he asks, as he waits for the two of them to answer.

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Team Kizumi and Jennifer: 8000 LP

Field: None.

213jbrs.jpg

Team Buster Bladers: 8000 LP

Field: 2 Spell/Traps, 1 Monster.

"I'll go." Kizumi said with pride.

He drew his 6 cards and played what he had.

"I'll set the Pendulum Scale with Fast Food - Soda Pop and Restuaranteur Waiter!"

Two figures appeared in the Pendulum Zones on the field, and a giant pendulum began to swing. Then, the solid vision showed a scale. 2/8.

"Now I get to use 1 of my Pendulum card's effects. Soda Pop allows me to gain 300 LP when it is activated. Then, I'll Pendulum Summon!

Swing glorious Pendulum in the sky!

Defeat my foes like it is easy as pie!

I Summon Fast Food - Shake and Restuaranteur Cashier!"

A milkshake based monster appeared along with a cashier who looked like he was ringing up the milkshake just for being summoned.

"Then, you take 200 damage for each one. Also, My monsters are Fairy and Warrior types, so I activate Waiter's effect from my Pendulum Zone. When a Fairy or Warrior type monster is Special Summoned to my side of the field, I gain, 200 LP for each of them."

"Then, I'll use my two Level three monsters to build the Overlay Network.

Speedy Service Leader and Master of the Drive Thru

Get on in here and cook us up some victory stew!

Xyz Summon!

Rank 3

Restuaranteur Drive-Thru Head!"

Then a huge, chef with a headset appeared in the Extra Monster Zone, with the orbs that were the previous monsters revolving around him.

"Since he is a Warrior who was Special Summoned to my Kitchen, I gain 200 LP, while you take 500 because he was Xyz Summoned."

Kizumi was more than pleased.

"Then, I'll play one card faccardwn and end my turn."

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Bladers

LP: 7100

Hand: 3

Field: Facedown Monster

2 Facedown Spell/Traps

Kizumi and Jen

LP: 8900

Hand: 0

Field: Restuaranteur Drive-Thru Head

One Facedown(which is Help Wanted)

A pendulum scale using Soda Pop and Waiter

Scale 2/8

"Buster Bladers. Your move."

Keichi referred, as Buster Blade B makes his move. He first drew a card to see what he had. He sets another card face down and uses a Quick Play that he had face down, Mystical Space Typhoon. He opted to destroy the face down Team Kizumi and Jennifer had. He then uses a card he has in his hand, Future Fusion, allowing him to pick two potential fusion materials and place them in his Graveyard. He removes Dark Magician and his own card sprite from his deck.

He sets another monster face down and two more spell or traps face down before he ends his turn.

"That was a rather quick turn, no?" Keichi asked. The Buster Blader that took his turn said nothing. He simply turns his focus onto the Duel at hand. He couldn't care, but he was intrigued to see what Jennifer had in mind.

"I see. It's a Buster Blader archetype with a possibility of it being a Dark Paladin."

"These guys have no custom cards, so they're nothing compared to the other card sprites the pair of them will be facing."

"I have faith in my students. I know they will do well."

But Buster Blader A was not having it, he points his blade at Keichi with expressed anger and the minute Kizumi and Jennifer try to interfere, he points his blade at them as well.

"That's quite enough, thank you." Keichi ordered.

Buster Blader A lowered his blade and patiently awaits his turn.

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Team Kizumi and Jennifer: 8900 LP

Field: Restaurateur Drive-Thru Head (Xyz)

213jbrs.jpg

Team Buster Bladers: 7100 LP

Field: 3 Spell/Traps, Future Fusion, 2 Monsters.

Graveyard: Dark Magician, Buster Blader

Jennifer was surprised when two Buster Bladers suddenly came up and challenged Kechi to a duel without saying a word. At first she thought they were cosplayers, but after seeing the serious way that Kechi talked to them, she realized they were duel spirits. Jennifer had never seen duel spirits before and wondered how Kechi was going to deal with them. But next thing she knew, Kechi had decided that she and Kizimi would duel in his place, saying that this was the next part of their training.

Jennifer didn’t mind dueling in Kechi’s place, especially since her opponents were duel spirits. After watching one of the Buster Bladers finish its turn, she prepared to start her turn. But her partner, Kizumi, was one step ahead of her, taking the turn for himself. Although it was a bit annoying having the turn taken by her partner, Jennifer watched happily as Kizumi set the pendulum scales, xyz summoned, and inflicted effect damage on the same turn. After that the other Buster Blader played a turn similar to its partner. While the face-downs were worrying, the main thing that caught Jennifer’s attention was when Future Fusion was played. Seeing the two materials being used, Dark Magician and Buster Blader, she instantly knew that they were gonna summon Dark Paladin, which Kechi helpfully pointed out. But Future Fusion had a delay before Dark Paladin  could summon it, so she and Kizumi could either end the duel before then or find a way to stop the summon.

As Jennifer’s turn started and she looked at the cards in her hand, she knew what she had to do. “I think I’ll summon Undead Mechanic in attack mode,” she declared as she slapped the card on her duel disk. Out of the ground in front of Jennifer emerged a bald zombie holding a wrench and wearing a mechanic’s outfit.

“Now Mechanic’s effect activates! When it’s Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon an Undead monster from my Deck. I choose Undead Wizard!” Like with Mechanic a zombie crawled out from the ground, this time wearing a dirty wizard cloak complete with a ragged wizard hat. “However, Mechanic’s effect negates the effects of the monster summoned, brings that monsters ATK and DEF to zero, and destroys it at the end of my turn. But none of that matters because I’m going to use my Level 4 Undead Mechanic and Undead Wizard to Synchro Summon!” In an instant, both of Jennifer’s monsters flew upwards and Mechanic turned into four red, glowing rings. Wizard flew through the middle of the rings and turned into four glowing white orbs before exploding into a blinding pillar of light.

“Created to stop the infection, but doomed to fail. Now it works alongside the monsters it previously destroyed. Come forth! Level 8! Undead Cyborg!” As the pillar of light disappeared, a zombie stood in its place. However, this zombie looked far different than other zombies. The complete lower half of its body and the right side of the upper half was nothing but robotic parts that was partially stained with blood, while the rest of its body was skin that was tinged a sickly pale green. In place of its right eye was a robotic eye-ball that glowed red. “Cyborg’s effect now activates! When it’s Special Summoned, I can destroy a card you control. So I think I’ll chose Buster Blader’s A face-down monster!” Suddenly, Cyborg’s robot eye glowed brighter and a laser shot out of it, shooting straight for the face-down monster. Jennifer half hoped that the Buster Bladers face-downs wouldn’t activate.

[spoiler=Duel Info]Buster Bladers:

Field: 2 Facedown monsters
3 Spell/Traps, Future Fusion
===================================
Kizumi and Jennifer
Field: Drive-Thru Head and Unread Cyborge (EMZ)
0 face-downs
Graveyard: Mechanic, Wizard

Scale: 2/8

[spoiler=Previous Duel Info]

Buster Bladers:

Field: 2 Facedown monsters

3 Spell/Traps, Future Fusion

===================================

Kizumi and Jennifer

Field: Drive-Thru Head and Unread Cyborge (EMZ)

No spells/traps

Kizumi watched as Jennifer summoned her Xyz monster. Two things clicked in his mind: 1. Cyborg's summon meant that Future Fusion couldn't summon Dark Paladin, and 2. Cyborg sorta reminded him of his brother, Aura. After all, they both had robotic parts. Kizumi decided that when he introduced Jen to Aura, he would have to also introduce Aura to Cyborg.

Kizumi continued to watch as Jen decided to attack Buster A's face-down. Kizumi realized the danger she was putting them into with the opponent's field being full of potential Traps for them. He couldn't do anything but watch since he had nothing left in his hand. Not even the cards on his field could help him. Watch. That's it. And pray.

Kizumi was surprised when the Bladers didn't have anything to play. They have these face-downs, but they cant negate attacks? What are they then? Then he remembered something. When he was first teaching Aura how to play, Aura would play every Spell/Trap he had in his hand Facedown. Didnt matter that it wasn't a quick-play. He would play it Facedown anyway. Maybe this is what the Bladers did. Of course! Their only sprite, they don't have the proper dueling knowledge that most duelists nowadays have. This was Kizumi and Jen's advantage. He quickly explained this to Jen, without the Bladers themselves hearing. They had this duel in the bag.

[spoiler=Duel Info]

The same as above, just missing a Facedown monster for the opponent's team.

Just when Jennifer was hoping on face down would not activate, her doubts predicted correct. Buster Blader A activates his face down, Dimension Prison, banishing her Cyborg from the Duel. Then he begins his turn. Buster Blader A draws another card from his deck. Funnily enough, he too has Future Fusion, so he goes ahead and uses that. He buries another Buster Blader and another Dark Magician, prompting another Dark Paladin coming their way. He uses the Mystical Space Typhoon that was already face down to destroy the Future Fusion that was rendered useless by the Cyborg's effect and flips both monsters face up and Xyz Summons Utopia Ray overlaying two Level 4 Monsters. Buster Blader A places another face down card and ends his turn.

It was clear that Keichi expressed his disappointment. "You got to find a way to stop them! I can't help you with everything!"

He prompted Kizumi that Dark Paladin is making its way to the field once again. Now that both Buster Bladers have used their Future Fusions, Keichi had to make sure both players have the opportunity to counter attack.

"Make sure you get rid of that Future Fusion again before doing anything. The Utopia Ray is harmless."

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Banished:  Undead Cyborg (Synchro)

213jbrs.jpg

Field: 2 Spell/Traps, Future Fusion, Utopia Ray (2 Materials)

Graveyard: Dark Magician x2, Buster Blader x2, Mystical Space Typhoon, Future Fusion, Dimension Prison

• 2 weeks later...

Kizumi heard what Keichi had said.

"Make sure you get rid of that Future Fusion again before doing anything. The Utopia Ray is harmless."

Of course he was going to get rid of it. Dark Paladin could be a problem.

"I draw!"

Kizumi was hoping for something that he could play that would make a good combo. Unfortunately, the only thing he got was Mystical Space Typhoon.

"Damn it!"

Of course, MST could still get rid of Future Fusion, it just wouldn't be as cool.

"I'll play Mystical Space Typhoon! I'll target your Future Fusion!"

A giant, swirling typhoon appeared next to the solid vision of the card Future Fusion on the Blader's side. It struck a bolt of lightning on it, and the card immediately turned to dust.

"That'll do for now. How was that teach?"

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Banished:  Undead Cyborg (Synchro)

213jbrs.jpg

Field: 2 Spell/Traps, Utopia Ray (2 Materials)

Graveyard: Dark Magician x2, Buster Blader x2, Mystical Space Typhoon, Future Fusion, Dimension Prison

Jennifer wasn’t really surprised that one of the Buster Blader’s face-downs activated. Although, she was a bit surprised that the face-down was Dimension Prison, which banished her Cyborg. But little did they know that that wasn’t a problem.

“I activate Cyborg’s effect! When he’s banished, I can summon an Undead monster from my Deck in defense position with its effects negated. I’ll summon Undead Shieldman!” As the zombie with a riot shield crawled out of the ground, a holographic display popped up showing its 2000 DEF. “Next I’ll activate the effect of the Undead Hound in my hand. By banishing an Undead monster from my Graveyard, I can Special Summon Hound! So say goodbye to Undead Wizard and hello to Undead Hound.”

A sickening growl pierced the air as the undead wolf viscously pawed its way out from underground. “Undead Wizard’s effect activates now! When it’s banished, I can add an Undead spell or trap to my hand. So I’ll add Rise of the Undead to my hand.” Jennifer said, revealing the trap card before placing it among the four other cards in her hand.

Jennifer then paused to think what she should do next. She could summon her Xyz Monster, Undead Graverobber, and stop the Bladers from summoning Dark Paladin. But the remaining three face-downs could be anything from stopping an attack to destroying a card. So Jennifer decided to play it safe. “I set two cards facedown and end my turn.”

She then watched as the Buster Blader started its turn and played Future Fusion just like its partner. After that it used its teammate’s monster along with its own to summon Utopia, then used it to summon Utopia Ray. Instantly, Jennifer noticed something strange. First of all, the Blader had summoned Utopia Ray and taken the only Extra Deck Zone. Because of this, they wouldn’t be able to summon Dark Paladin when the time came around. Unless they had a way to destroy Utopia Ray when the time came to summon Dark Paladin, then that was a rather dumb play. Also it would have been better to keep Utopia instead of using it to summon Utopia Ray, considering that Utopia Ray’s effect was useless unless they had 1000 or less life points, which they didn’t.

Jennifer knew this and hoped that Kizumi had that covered when he started his turn.

"Damn it!" Kizumi said as he looked at the card he drew.

Jennifer felt a bit worried when she heard this. Did Kizumi get something he didn’t need? She soon found out when he played the card, which turned out to be Mystical Space Typhoon, and destroyed Future Fusion.

“That'll do for now. How was that teach?"

“Good job Kizumi!” Jennifer complimented, “Now I think it’s time for my face-down to activate! Rise of the Undead!” In an instant, one of Jennifer’s face-down cards flipped face-up. “Rise of the Undead allows me to summon a banished Undead monster, and I think you all know what I’m gonna bring out. I summon my banished Undead Cyborg!”

Without warning, a robotic right hand burst out of the ground in front of Jennifer followed by a zombie-like left arm as Undead Cyborg emerged on the field once again. “Since Undead Cyborg wasn’t summoned from the Extra Deck, he goes to my Main Monster zone.” Jennifer pointed out before looking back at Kechi with a smile. “Don’t worry teach. We got this covered.”

[spoiler=Duel Info]Team Kizumi and Jennifer: 8900 LP[/size]

Field: Restaurateur Drive-Thru Head (Xyz), Undead Cyborg (Synchro), Undead Hound, Undead Shieldman

Graveyard: Mechanic, Wizard, Rise of the Undead

Banished:  Undead Wizard

clip_image001.png

Field: 2 Spell/Traps, Utopia Ray (2 Materials)

Graveyard: Dark Magician x2, Buster Blader x2, Mystical Space Typhoon, Future Fusion, Dimension Prison[/size]

Keichi simply nodded at the fact his two students went ahead and listened. Assuming that Jennifer had ended her turn, Buster Blader B started its turn and drew one card. There wasn't anything it can do other than set one Spell or Trap card face down and now it begins its Battle Phase.

Utopia Ray attacks the Restaurateur Drive-Thru Head, thus destroying both monsters. Buster Blader B had not even been anywhere close to paying attention to Utopia Ray's effect so as a result, it was removed from the field along with its victim. Buster Blader B then activates the Fusion Gate Field Spell turning the whole field to match that of Fusion Gate. Buster Blader B then activates its effect having satisfied the requirements in order to do so and banishes his other Buster Blader and Dark Magician from his hand in order to bring Dark Paladin to the field, failing to do so the first and second time.

"What the sheet?"

"When the hell did he get another one so fast?"

"Now, this could pose a problem."

Buster Blader B ends its turn having attacked previously and prepares for anyone, or anything that activates a Spell in response to the situation allowing it to discard a card and activate Dark Paladin's effect beforehand.

"Stay vigilant, my students. Set a trap card and find a way to get rid of Dark Paladin. If not, then you've lost this instantly."

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Field: Restaurateur Undead Cyborg (Synchro)

Graveyard: Mechanic, Wizard, Rise of the Undead, Mystical Space Typhoon, Drive-Thru Head (Xyz)

Banished: Undead Wizard

213jbrs.jpg

Field: 3 Spell/Traps, Fusion Gate, Dark Paladin

Graveyard: Dark Magician x2, Buster Blader x2, Future Fusion x2, Dimension Prison, Utopia Ray, Kaiser Sea Horse, Honest

Banished: Dark Magician, Buster Blader

Kizumi couldn't do anything yet again. He hated tag-team duels for this very reason. Right when he could possibly play something if he was by himself, instead he'd he out of cards, and it would be his partner's turn. Of course, this wasn't a problem in this scenario. He trusted Jennifer to pull them out of this situation. But even so, he could only wait, and hope.

"Come on Jen! You have to do this. I covered for us last time, and I'm not sure I can do it again!" He yelled when he couldn't stand doing nothing any longer.

If Jen didn't get what she needed, this duel could be over. He would hate to see that happen, but it was not in his hands. If it we're, he would make sure that they won, no matter the cost. But, he couldn't.

=====

Meanwhile back at the Mansion...

Aura tried his best to stay in the bed chamber. He really did. But, his curiosity got the best of him. He wandered between hallways, aimlessly looking for something to do. Then, he came across a tall girl, who looked fearsome and strong. He didn't recognize this person. Although, to be fair, he hadn't met anyone other than Keichi so far. He decided to see who she was.

"Hi. My name is Aura. I'm a duelist. Who are you?"

The girl looked down where Aura was standing and saw his arm and leg. She immediately took pity on him.

"Awww. You poor thing! How did you end up doing that?"

Aura was a little confused. That wasn't an answer to his question. He started to get annoyed.

"It doesn't matter. I'll live. What's your NAME?"

"Oh right. My name is Fiona. Fiona the Fearsome. I'm a duelist like you, and I'm looking to become the best duelist there ever was!"

Aura couldn't believe what he had just heard. Her? Greatest Duelist? HAH! Everyone knew he was one of the best out there. He decided to test something.

"The best huh? I bet you couldn't even beat me in a duel!"

"Is that a challenge?" She replied, a new fierceness in her voice.

"I guess so." Aura casually said, hoping not to sound desperate.

"Challenge Accepted."

Jennifer watched as one of the Buster Bladers began their turn. Her eyes widened in surprise as the Blader ordered Utopia Ray to attack Kizumi’s Xyz Monster, destroying both monsters. ‘That’s one way to empty the Extra Deck zones,’ Jennifer thought, slightly impressed by the move.

After that, the Blader used Fusion Gate to finally Fusion Summon Dark Paladin and then ended its turn. That wasn’t good. Jennifer knew that along with a whopping 2900 ATK it also had an ability that could negate and destroy spell cards simply by discarding one card. But despite this, Jennifer smiled happily. She was enjoying the duel. Despite their use of several very old cards, the Bladers weren’t doing half bad.

"Come on Jen! You have to do this. I covered for us last time, and I'm not sure I can do it again!" Kizumi yelled, pulling Jennifer out of her thoughts.

She could see that Kizumi looked really nervous, probably because the Bladers had their ace monster on the field. Seeing Kizumi nervous reminded her of her father and how he always felt nervous for her whenever she went out. She never liked to see her father nervous, and the same went with anybody else. So with a smile she said, “Don’t worry about it Kizumi. I’ve got a plan.”

Turning to face the Bladers, she drew a card and glanced at it. Undead Underworld. It wasn’t the card she needed, but she didn’t worry. The card she needed was already in her hand. Placing Underworld among the 3 other cards in her hand, she picked another card and placed it on her duel disk. “I summon Undead Mechanic in attack mode,” she declared as the zombie mechanic crawled his way out from underground for the second time this duel. “As you might remember his effect activates when he’s Normal Summoned, allowing me to Special Summon an Undead monster from my Deck. So I’ll choose Undead Experiment.”

As the fully-bandaged zombie with glowing red eyes crawled its way out of the ground, it made a sickening gurgling sound. “Now you might also remember that this Special Summoned monster has its effects negated, cannot attack, etc. In other words, it’s rendered nearly useless. I say nearly because I can still use it as a Material for the summon of an Extra Deck monster, which I’m gonna do now! Using Undead Mechanic and Undead Experiment, I Synchro Summon!” Both monsters flew up into the sky as a standard synchro summoning simulation began. “Come out my monster! Synchro Summon! Level 8! Shirnaui Shogunsaga!” Out of blinding light emerged the ghost-like, duel wielding, samurai warrior. Jennifer’s smile grew bigger as she looked at the monster. Kizumi, Kechi, and the Bladers might have been surprised that a Shirnaui monster was in an Undead deck, but Jennifer wasn’t.  A few weeks ago, Shogunsaga had never been in her deck, but after a duel where she had trouble destroying a high ATK monster, she had added two copies of it. Now it stood in front of her, ready to destroy Dark Paladin.

“Shogunsaga’s effect activates! When he’s Special Summoned, I can banish a Zombie-Type monster from my Graveyard. And when I do, Shogunsaga gains ATK equal to that banished monster’s ATK until the end of this turn. So I think I’ll banish Undead Experiment to give Shogunsaga a 1800 ATK boost!”

Shogunsaga glowed red as its ATK shot up from 3000 to 4800. But Jennifer wasn’t done yet. “I activate Undead Experiment’s effect. When he’s banished, I can add an Undead monster from my Deck to my hand. And I’ll choose my last copy of Undead Mechanic.” Quickly she revealed the card and placed it in her hand before she pointed at Dark Paladin. “Shogunsaga, skewer that Dark Paladin!” With a simple nod, the samurai warrior charged while holding his sword at the ready. This was the part where Jennifer had to worry a little bit. Her only face-down was Dark Bribe, which could stop one Spell or Trap from activating and destroying her Shogunsaga. But if more than one of the Blader’s face-downs could destroy Shogunsaga, she was in trouble.

[spoiler=Duel Info]Team Kizumi and Jennifer: 8900 LP

Jennifer's Hand: 4

Field: Restaurateur Undead Cyborg (Synchro), Undead Hound, Undead Shieldman. Shiranui Shogunsaga (Synchro)

Graveyard: Undead Mechanic(x2), Rise of the Undead, Mystical Space Typhoon, Drive-Thru Head (Xyz)

Banished: Undead Wizard, Undead Experiment

213jbrs.jpg

Field: 3 Spell/Traps, Fusion Gate, Dark Paladin

Graveyard: Dark Magician x2, Buster Blader x2, Future Fusion x2, Dimension Prison, Utopia Ray, Kaiser Sea Horse, Honest

• 2 weeks later...

And Jennifer's doubts came true.

Buster Blader A activates his first face down, Sakuretsu Armor activates, destroying the attacking monster to ensure Dark Paladin was safe for another turn. Keichi was obviously dismayed by it.

"I did not see that coming. Jennifer, you have to come up with another strategy."

"Both Buster Bladers will do anything to keep that Dark Paladin from getting destroyed." he said, expressing his concerns. "My guess is, that thing will activate Scrap-Iron Scarecrow next. The other face down card could be more sinister." Keichi finished as he could not bear the burden for much longer.

"Hurry up and finish them! I can't watch!" he cringed in panic.

It seems like Keichi couldn't bear to see the pair of them struggle for much longer. The choice now was for them to raise the white flag or go all out and try to defeat the Buster Bladers. "I wanna go home, but I can't until this duel is finished." he thought.

The minute the Buster Blader's Sakuretsu Armor would be countered, the Buster Bladers would be vigilant and prepares another counter Trap, Dark Bribe.

"I knew it."

"Something sinister is down there, surely."

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Field: Restaurateur, Undead Cyborg (Synchro), Undead Hound, Undead Shieldman

Graveyard: Undead Mechanic(x2), Rise of the Undead, Mystical Space Typhoon, Drive-Thru Head (Xyz), Shiranui Shogunsaga (Synchro)

213jbrs.jpg

Field: 1 Spell/Trap, Fusion Gate, Dark Paladin

Graveyard: Dark Magician x2, Buster Blader x2, Future Fusion x2, Dimension Prison, Utopia Ray, Kaiser Sea Horse, Honest, Sakuretsu Armor

Kizumi drew a card thanks to the Blader's Dark Bribe Trap. He needed this along with the next card he would draw on his turn. He waited patiently as the First Blader took his turn.

He had set down yet another face-down, and ended his turn. Figures, Kizumi thoughtIt's probably another trap to protect Dark Paladin.

It was now his turn again, and he would have to do everything in his power to break them free of that Dark Paladin's hold. 

"I Draw!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. Something must have been special about this draw, since sparks flew from his Duel Disk.

He looked at the two cards in his hand. Dark Bribe and Fast Food - Nuggets. This was good.

"First I set 1 card face-down"

The holographic image of an upside-down card appeared.

"Then I'll Summon my monster, Fast Food - Nuggets!"

A little white box made of cardboard appeared onto the field. When it opened, you could see 1 little chicken nugget inside.

"You see, Nugget's effect allows me to add 2 Food Counters on him. And for each one on him, he gains 900 ATK and DEF. He now has a wopping 2700 ATK and DEF points!"

As Kizumi explained his monster, Nuggets seemed to increase in number. There was no longer only one of them, but three, all inside the little box.

"Now, since I Special Summoned him, not only do you take 200 damage, but we gain 200 LP!"

Now the Bladers had only 6900 LP, while Kizumi and Jennifer had 9100. But that was about to change.

"Now, I'll have Nuggets attack your Dark Paladin!"

Kizumi had only hoped they didn't have another battle trap, but even if they did, he had a trick up his sleeve.

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Team Kizumi and Jennifer: 9100 LP

Field: Restaurateur, Undead Cyborg (Synchro), Undead Hound, Undead Shieldman, Nuggets

Graveyard: Undead Mechanic(x2), Rise of the Undead, Mystical Space Typhoon, Drive-Thru Head (Xyz), Shiranui Shogunsaga (Synchro), Raigeki

213jbrs.jpg

Team Buster Bladers: 6900 LP

Field: 2 Spell/Trap, Fusion Gate, Dark Paladin

Graveyard: Dark Magician x2, Buster Blader x2, Future Fusion x2, Dimension Prison, Utopia Ray, Kaiser Sea Horse, Honest, Sakuretsu Armor

===========

Meanwhile, back at the mansion...

"I think I'll Start!" Fiona said as the solid vision started to form around her. 

Aura was confused as to why she decided she would go first. But he wasn't complaining, this meant he gets to draw a card on his turn.

"I'll set one card face-down, and I'll Special Summon Photon Thrasher from my hand."

Aura watched a being made of light and metal appear onto her side of the field, wielding a giant sword of some sort.

"Then I'll Summon my Photon Crusher!"

Another being like the first appeared, only this one weilded a giant dual-sided battle club.

"Now, I'll use these two monsters as Overlay Units to build the Overlay Network!

Knight of Light and Rider of Day

Rush in and make my enemies Pay!

Xyz Summon!

Number 10: Illumiknight!"

Aura watched as both her monsters turned into glowing orbs. Then those orbs circled around a new monster. A number monster. It was a knight made of metal and light riding a horse made of the same materials. But she wasn't done yet.

"I'll play Illumiknight's effect! I can detach 1 Overlay Unit from him, to discard 1 card, then draw 1. I'll discard Lightserpent. But, since it was sent to the Graveyard from my hand, it gets Special Summoned."

Then the monster that was sent to the Graveyard was Special summoned, just like she said.

Then, I draw my card. And I'll play it. Foolish Burial. I'll send my Photon Lizard to the Grave from my Deck. But I'm not finished. I'll also activate Galaxy-Eyes Photon Maiden's effect from my hand. I'll discard it to summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Photon monster from my Grave. Say hello to my Lizard!"

Aura was astounded by how many combos she was pulling off. No way she can do this every duel!

"Then, I'll build the Overlay Network again!

Bug of Light and Power

Assist me in this Hour!

Xyz Summon!

Number 18: Giga-Brilliant!"

She did it again. Yet another Number monster. How can she do it? Not even Kizumi can pull that off.

"Now I'll have Giga-Brilliant use it's ability! By detaching one Overlay Unit, I can make all my monsters gain 300 ATK points."

Now her monsters were even more powerful than before. Aura was getting scared at her power...

"Then I'll play my Spell card, Photon Sanctuary! I can Summon two Photon Tokens. Since these are Level 4, I'll build the Overlay Network again!"

Just then, her Duel Disk buzzed. there was an error in her ways.

"I don't think you can play anymore. I think My bro told me there can only be two monsters summoned from the Extra Deck at all times."

"Oh yeah. Because of the Link rules.... I hate them. Fine, I end my turn!"

Finally, Aura thought. He knew he would have to think of something to combat her crazy fast Xyz Summoning skills.

[spoiler=Duel Info]

Fiona NPC: 8000

Field: Number 10, Number 18, Photon token (X2)

GY: Photon Thrasher, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Maiden, Photon Sanctuary, Foolish Burial

Aura: 8000

• 5 weeks later...

Just as Jennifer predicted, one of the Blader’s face-downs activated, revealing it to be Sakuretsu Armor.

“Not so fast! I activate Dark Bribe!” But Jennifer’s confident smile faded as the Blader activated a Dark Bribe of its own to negate her Dark Bribe. Dang it

While the upside was she gained a card from the Dark Bribe, the downside was her Shogunsaga was destroyed. That was alright though, as she had another waiting in her Extra Deck, but she would have to wait for her next turn to be able to summon it. Right now, she needed to play defense. Setting a card face-down and ending her turn, she watched as the other Blader did the same, making it Kizumi’s turn.

After dramatically drawing a card and setting a face-down, Kizumi summoned a monster that seemed to be a box filled with cute and living chicken nuggets. Thanks to the monster’s effect and it’s 2 food counters, it’s ATK rose to 2700. It wasn’t enough to overcome the Dark Paladin’s 2900 ATK though.

"Now, I'll have Nuggets attack your Dark Paladin!" Kizumi declared.

Jennifer’s eyes widened in surprise. He was going to attack?! But Dark Paladin’s ATK was higher than Nugget’s ATK! Hoping that Kizumi had some kind of plan, Jennifer watched as Nugget headed to it's possible doom.

[spoiler=Duel Info]Team Kizumi and Jennifer: 9100 LP

Field: Restaurateur, Undead Cyborg (Synchro), Undead Hound, Undead Shieldman, Nuggets, 2 face-down cards (1 Jennifer's, 1 Kizumi's)

Graveyard: Undead Mechanic(x2), Rise of the Undead, Mystical Space Typhoon, Drive-Thru Head (Xyz), Shiranui Shogunsaga (Synchro)

213jbrs.jpg

Team Buster Bladers: 6900 LP

Field: 1 Spell/Trap, Fusion Gate, Dark Paladin

Luckily for the Buster Bladers, they do have a trick up its sleeve that prevents the attack: Scrap Iron Scarecrow. "What is this monstrosity!?" Keichi shouted, but then he opted to intervene and took matter to his own hands. "I'm not having you guys duel against my students with unfair advantages! You two are going down!" he taunted, punching one Buster Blader in the face and begins legging it. Both Buster Bladers throw their duel disks on the ground and chases after the old man.

It was lucky, because Keichi could no longer handle it. The two Buster Bladers have left the building, meaning Kizumi and Jennifer had won the duel by default. Meanwhile, some feet away...

"Try and catch me, bastards!" Keichi taunted once more, running for his life.

The Buster Bladers weren't having it, one of them went ahead of Keichi and stopped in front of him. The other remained behind. "Ugh. I knew I shouldn't have done that."

"I need to take them down with my own two hands."

"Now, fight me!"

The Buster Bladers are barely breaking a sweat, it looks like the two of them are willing to accept Keichi's challenge, but more of a combat manner than anything else. They unsheathed their blades and prepares to fight. Keichi approaches one of them first and whacks the first Buster Blader hard until he falls to the floor. The second points its blade at the old man until it touches the throat. "What are ya gonna do, then? Are you going to kill a pensioner and make a sin of yourself?" he questioned. "Go for it, then... You bastards." he continued. "I couldn't care less if I died. I lived the life I wanna live. I'm a retired duelist. Go on, should you have my head, go take it!"

Now...

We wonder if Kizumi and Jennifer would go out there and save their mentor?

[spoiler=Duel Result]

Team Kizumi and Jennifer wins by default as the Buster Bladers have abandoned the battlefield, seemingly by intervention.

Kizumi stood completely awestruck at what had just happened. Keichi had decided to end the duel by technicality because of what? A single card? Not only that, but he actually put his life in danger just so his students wouldn't have to fight said card? What was going on in his mentor's brain?

"Now, fight me!"

Kizumi took off after hearing this come out of Keichi's mouth. He wasn't about to let a pair of duel sprites kill his mentor. He wasn't sure if Jennifer was behind him or not, but he didn't care. He had to save the old man.

Eventually, they came to a dead end. Kizumi watched as Keichi took down one of them. 

Impressive He thought.

The thought instantly turned into anger when the other one decided to draw his blade on the old teacher. How dare he threaten an old man so easily?

"What are ya gonna do, then? Are you going to kill a pensioner and make a sin of yourself? Go for it, then... You bastards. I couldn't care less if I died. I lived the life I wanna live. I'm a retired duelist. Go on, should you have my head, go take it!"

Kizumi couldn't believe what he was hearing. He was accepting death in this moment? Death, to what? A few Dueling sprites? Hell no.

Kizumi charged forward, seizing all of his rage and jumped on the back of the Buster Blader. The impact forced the unwary foe's blade to fall to the ground.

"You coward! Taking the life of an old, helpless man? You should be ashamed of yourself. That is no way a warrior should act!"

With that said, Kizumi decided that he would settle this once and for all. 

"We'll settle this here and now. I'll duel you, but if I win, you have to return to the realm of dueling sprites where you belong. If you win, you may kill me. But I can assure you, that won't happen."

He thought he heard something from Keichi, but he didn't care anymore. He was not about to let anyone harm his mentor.

"No. I'll do it." Came a voice from behind them.

They all turned around to see who had addressed them. It was a girl, dressed in orange, yellow and white. She wore some sort of mechanical headpiece.

"And just who do you think you are?"

"My name is Yuna Kitamura, and I am your savior"

• 2 weeks later...

Jennifer was taken by surprise when Kechi stopped the Duel and then ran off, making sure that the Blades followed him. She was so surprised in fact that she didn't realize that Kizumi had ran after them until he was almost out of sight.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Jennifer shouted, running after them. Ever since she had been brought back to life, Jennifer had never really felt exausted. So she wasn't even breaking a sweat as she quickly gaining on Kizumi. But just as she was about to catch up to him, her hunger hit her for the second time today. In an instant, a wave of tiredness hit her like a truck and she began to lag behind, her walk becoming more like a zombie’s walk. She didn’t want to lose Kizumi, but by the time it took her to get a sandwich out of her purse, she already had. Dang it, she thought in anger.

Taking quick bites of a sandwich Jennifer looked left and right as she walked, hoping to find where Kizumi had gone. Luckily, she caught a glance of Kizumi down an alleyway and ran after him. By the time she caught up to him, one of the Bladers was down and Kizumi was ready to duel the other one. "We'll settle this here and now. I'll duel you, but if I win, you have to return to the realm of dueling sprites where you belong. If you win, you may kill me. But I can assure you, that won't happen."

Jennifer was surprised at what Kizumi said and how he was so ready to risk his life in a duel. Before Jennifer could speak and try to take Kizumi’s place, a voice from behind them spoke. "No. I'll do it."

Turning around, Jennifer saw who had spoken. It was a girl, dressed in orange, yellow and white. She wore some sort of mechanical headpiece.

"And just who do you think you are?"

Jennifer was surprised by the sudden arrival of the girl and a part of her wanted to watch this newcomer duel. Meanwhile, the other part of her wanted to intervene and be the one to duel. But her urge to see the other person’s dueling technique and deck won over.

“I would try to be the one to duel, but I would like to see what you got, Yuna,” Jennifer said with a friendly smile. “My name’s Jennifer, by the way.”

"You coward! Taking the life of an old, helpless man? You should be ashamed of yourself. That is no way a warrior should act!"

"We'll settle this here and now. I'll duel you, but if I win, you have to return to the realm of dueling sprites where you belong. If you win, you may kill me. But I can assure you, that won't happen."

Keichi heard Kizumi say. "No, my faithful student! You mustn't risk your life for an old fellow like me!" he said until a new face appeared on the scene alongside Jennifer who had appeared from the opposite end. "No. I'll do it." he heard. "And just who do you think you are?"

"Savior? Really?" Keichi thought over, hearing over Yuna who wanted to duel the said Buster Blader, whom had diverted its attention to the showgirl with the earpiece, but not before cutting off Keichi's shirt and pierced through the skin. The old man started to bleed slightly as he knelt down in pain. "I'll get you for that, you son of a--" he shouted, but he couldn't finish his sentence.

"Do what you must, young one."

"If you can do anything to avenge me, then so be it!" Keichi quipped as he tried to get up. Seeing as the flow of his blood wouldn't stop seeping out, he ripped off part of his right shirt sleeve, grabbed his alcohol flask, drenched the shirt sleeve and dabs it over the wound to stop the bleeding. "Tsk! So much for that duel sprite!" he squealed, before a different duel sprite in the form of Dark Magician Girl appeared in the scene. Like the Buster Blader, she also doesn't have any dialogue but she stayed by Keichi's side to ensure he was doing fine. After a while, she made her way next to Yuna and disappears into her card form, indicating that she would need to use her at some point.

Keichi was sat wondering, though...

"What does Dark Magician Girl want with us?"

"Surely it's all about the relics but..."

Keichi lays down on his back afterwards due to the exhaustion from the loss of blood having been sliced in the chest by the remaining Buster Blader.

"No..."

"I can't..." he murmured. The old man was slowly, but surely losing consciousness...

Archived