Its Breezy rn (Aurae of Breeze)

Kanashimi

Testing the Link template Sakura made (tho i convert it to psd, cuz i use photoshop), credit to him ^^

lq9AlBe.jpg

Aurae of Breeze

WIND

Fairy/Link/Effect

If this card is Link Summoned: You can send WIND monsters from your Deck to the GY up to the number of cards you control in the same column as this card points to. During the Main Phase (Quick Effect), you can activate the following effect. You can only use each effect of "Aurae of Breeze" once per turn.
● Tribute this card: Special Summon 2 "Breeze Token" (Fairy/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). These token cannot be destroyed by battle during the turn it is Special Summoned. You cannot Link Summon any monster for the rest of this turn after you activate this effect.
● If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 2 monsters you control (including atleast 1 WIND monster); Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.

1800/Link-2

(I need to update that thread as I have made multiple changes since then [including a Series 10 one for GIMP]. That, and need to convert to PS; would've probably saved you a ton of converting on your own, as I did say that I would get to it.)

But anyway...

Part of me would want to play with this in MPBs, if only because this opens up their ED slots and summons Tokens to play with for further Link laddering; doesn't really do much for them other than wall for a turn (but it's something). Then again, only other Decks that would want this is probably Harpies (because Sign fodder and stuff for milling), Speedroids to do set up and I guess that's about it for now.

Not sure about when the 2nd effect would ever get used, except maybe to summon Links that require laddering from them (right now, only Ningirsu specifically needs this; others don't really care). Foolish Burial effect seems good on paper for now; though if I'm reading it correctly, this card can mill up to 4 cards (2 in each of the adjacent columns if you set up correctly). Slightly iffy on that being able to mill that much (if desired), but WIND decks don't really do well with mass mills (least with relevant stuff). At most, maybe 2-3. 

Then again, it'll work as a filler until the obligatory Bladefly retrain shows up in 2018. 

Truth is, after i converted your template, all the layers are locked in my photoshop, unable to edit the text (but can edit objects), so i take the old pendulum template from grezzar and copy-pasted the text layer, retyped the text afterwards.

Ah yeah, i forgot to put restrictions to the 1st eff, something like (You cannot Link Summon monster for the rest of this turn after you activate this effect/Special Summon token by this effect), forgot that u can use token as Link materials.

I like it for the art and WIND/Fairy typing alone, but the card is nice, too. An accessible Link2 for WINDs with its pointers towards your side, the mills can set up key or combo WIND monsters in the grave (e.g Wingtortoise xD), and the Quick conversion effects can be handy for... stuff. IDK if this would be favored over the Bladefly Link retrain, but at the very least it offers value with the mills.

Just some text fixes according to the latest PSCTs AFAIK, and taking some True Draco cards as reference, specifically Mariamne and the Traps:

If this card is Link Summoned: You can send WIND monsters from your Deck to the GY up to the number of cards you control in the same columns as this card points to. During the Main Phase (Quick Effect), you can activate the following effects.
● Tribute this card: Special Summon 2 "Breeze Token" (Fairy/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). These token cannot be destroyed by battle during the turn it is Special Summoned.
● If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 2 monsters you control, including a WIND monster; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.

You can only use each effect of "Aurae of Breeze" once per turn.

Updated*

- The idea is, first effect lets you set up WIND to GY for free (Harpie Harpist or Speedroid Den Den), as for Speedroid, you can ditch her for free tokens, so letting you use them as Synchro mat.

- As for the last effect, lets you dodge targeting effect by tributing the the monster that being targeted (mostly WIND) and another monster to summon Aurae of Breeze from GY, then you can tribute her again for emergency wall that cannot be killed by battle, atleast saving you a turn for counterplay. OR use it as re-usable Link, means you can run only 1 of Aurae of Breeze in your ED, cuz she can be revived by her own effect, saving ED space, but losing on-summon effect by doing so.

Oh, right, the walling power quite good. As for reusing as a Link, 2 Tokens is equal to a Link2 in material value, so it would come into play for swapping Types and subtypes (Tokens~Links) and fulfill the material conditions for other Links.

One thing that keeps bugging me is if the Token condition should be on plural or in singular xD

Taking Scapegoat as example, seems the more appropriate text is:

They cannot be destroyed by battle during the turn they are Special Summoned.

Archived