First Card! (Perfect Storm)

Ulti-Hawk

Perfect Storm

Spell/Quick-Play

Target up to 2 Spell/Traps on the field; destroy them, then, if a player had 2 cards destroyed by this effect, they draw 1 card.

The original idea behind this card was a Twin Twisters that didn't require a discard, but didn't immediately powercreep MST or TT by being able to destroy 2 backrow for free. Hence the LP gain, which I think was a nice way of dealing with this. Though I suspect I inadvertently made the card a bit too powerful because of it.

Anyways, comments and feedback is appreciated!

unfortunately, LP gain is basically nothing in this day and age. Maybe this could be a spicy tech in aromas to make having their backrow blown up somewhat profitable, but that's all I can think this is good for. Maybe  you could make it so that if you destroy 2 cards from the same person, they draw a card. Works good if you have dead/ floating s/t's and makes you think about weather or not poping all the s/t's on the opp's field is worth it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping. Wasn't quite sure how to word the new effect, I'm a stickler for PSCT so it was bugging me for quite a bit.

I still like the original effect but acknowledge that the 800 LP per card was too low and gave this card the same flaws as Upstart Goblin. Maybe 1500 LP per card instead?

[spoiler=original effect]

Target up to 2 Spell/Traps on the field; destroy them, then each player gains 800 LP for each of the cards they controlled that was destroyed by this effect.

Perfect Storm

Your opponent Draws 1 card, Destroy 2 Spell/Traps on the field.

Is how I think it should be worded.

Else you end up with destroy your 2 set Wild Tornado(s) draw 1 card destroy 2 cards.

Your opponent draws for S/T removal seems underwhelming try Destroys 2 cards instead.

Perfect Storm

Your opponent Draws 1 card, Destroy 2 Spell/Traps on the field.

Is how I think it should be worded.

Else you end up with destroy your 2 set Wild Tornado(s) draw 1 card destroy 2 cards.

Your opponent draws for S/T removal seems underwhelming try Destroys 2 cards instead.

What your version does, and what the original version does are two different things. Yours gives the opponent a free draw while destroying 2 S/T (you cannot just choose 1), whereas the other one is just Twin Twisters but giving either player a draw if both cards destroyed are theirs AFTER the cards are destroyed; not just the opponent. 

(That, and no one even runs Wild Tornado nowadays.)

====

As for the card itself, it is basically TwiTwi (abbreviation for Twisters) with the added draw; most of the time, it will result in the opponent drawing (depends). However, I suppose Artifacts (if they're still viable nowadays) can use it to net themselves hand advantage while doing what they need to (blow them up, SS and trigger effects), so there's another reason for using this. That, and clearing out any dead S/T you have or something in other Decks for triggering, but yeah.

Archived