BlastHedgehog

0FYYwnb.png

Ritual Beast Ulti-Rampengu

WIND

Beast / Link / Effect

Down-Left Link, Down-Right Link

ATK 2000 LINK-2

1+ "Ritual Beast Tamer", 1+ "Spiritual Beast"

The materials used to Link Summon this card are banished instead. Cannot be Special Summoned other than by Link Summon. Cards Special Summoned to a zone this card points to cannot have their summon(s) negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: Banish a monster this card points to; Special Summon 1 "Ritual Beast" monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to a zone this card points to, but it is banished when it leaves the field or during the End Phase of this turn. During either player's turn: You can return this card you control to the Extra Deck, then target 2 of your banished monsters (1 "Ritual Beast Tamer" monster and 1 "Spiritual Beast" monster); Special summon them in Defense Position.

First card, woo, mainly more interested in seeing people's thoughts in it than anything else, since I'm just... I dunno, interested. The artwork is just a zoomed-in Zeframpilica since I couldn't find (or think of) anything else for an Ulti-Rampengu, but I don't think it looks particularly terrible. The ATK is 2000, which is halfway between Ulti-Cannahawk's 1400 and Ulti-Apelio's 2600, much like regular Rampengu's ATK of 1600 is halfway between Cannahawk's 1400 and Apelio's 1800. If it had DEF, it'd be 1000 (to match the Ulti-'s theme of equaling 3000), but as a Link Monster it obviously doesn't. There's theories floating around that Rampengu doesn't have an Ulti- form because it doesn't have an orb, buuut for the sake of this card I'm going to say that since it's a Link Monster, it's through a different method. Or something.

I couldn't think of anything that would work well in terms of permanently eating up Ritual Beast resources (until an Ambush or something, anyway), so I decided to make it work pretty much identically to the other, Fusion Ritual Beast Ulti-s. In other words, you take a Tamer and Beast, banish 'em, end up with an Ulti- and can then defuse (or delink, in this case?). While boring in terms of uniqueness, it does open up some interesting possible plays I'll touch on later, as well as an Ulti-Cannahawk-esque re-use of it's "once per turn" effect.

So, it has two effects. The first one protects against summon negation (stuff like Solemn Strike) in the two zones it points to. I decided to add this due to the amount of Special Summoning a Ritual Beast deck performs, especially once you get into things like the Ulti-Cannahawk comboing. It also adds some protection onto it's own effect, to an extent.

It's other (and main) effect is a little more complicated, something sort of like Winda + Emergency Teleport. You can banish any monster that it's Link Markers point at, and then Special Summon any Ritual Beast (any at all, much like Winda) to either Link Marker. Since at least one of those monsters has to have left to activate the effect, there'll always be a free zone unless an effect that Special Summons is chained to it (say if you chained Ambush for... some reason). As well, since you can banish any monster that it points to, there's no worry about clogging the space with a non-Ritual Beast. That monster is then banished when it leaves the field, or during the End Phase. This is for a few reasons. One is balancing, and so as not to completely overshadow (or should I say 'overShaddoll' ) Winda. Another is to encourage using it more for Main Deck Ritual Beasts than Extra Deck ones. And of course, if a Main Deck Ritual Beast is banished, it's free defuse fodder, which helps even more. Speaking of which, even though it'll be banished, you can use it's effect to Special Summon an Ulti-, and then defuse it to go from one to two monsters, if you need to. Even with these downsides though, being able to Special Summon Extra Deck monsters still allows it to integrate into both typical Ritual Beast OTK strategies (since you can Banish a monster that's attacked to summon an Ulti-Apelio or Ulti-Gaiapelio) and also mindless panicky SSing an Ulti-Pettlephin. Regardless, combined with Cannahawk it can fill your Banish Zone with one of every Ritual Beast very quickly.

Now, despite it's (I think) powerful effect, I wouldn't think it likely to pop up on the first turn unless you get a lucky draw. This is because it needs three monsters to be effective - two to summon, and one to banish. After a good first turn round of Ulti-Cannahawk, you'll probably be able to manage that easily, but on the first turn your best bet would be a Tamer effect and Emergency Teleport. Unfortunately, with Ulti-Cannahawk at 1, special summoning him with Ulti-Rampengu's effect is likely not the best idea, even though that would otherwise be a good potential play for turn one (if you do manage three monsters).

Since it can de- and re-link like the other Ulti-s can de- and re-fuse, Ulti-Rampengu has an interesting possibility opened to it. If both Extra Monster Zones are clear (entirely possible with Steeds and to a lesser extend Pettlephin), you can Link into one (let's say the left zone), summon an Extra Deck monster to the far size (in this case, far left), de-link and then summon it again to the other Zone. With this, you have an Extra Deck monster in the far left, but also have Link Markers now pointing at the middle and far right.

So, please do tell me your thoughts on this. Knowing me I probably missed something very obvious, like a condition or some fact that makes this incredibly over or underpowered, but it'd be nice if I actually made something decent.

Overall love this card, nice to see some new support for Ritual Beast.

I originally thought that for the summoning effect your would summon Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk but then when you de-fuse it would be banished since it's limited and no longer able to loop it. So it would be more optimal to summon a different beast, defuse, then summon Ulti-Cannahawk, even better since the fusion that you summoned can be used as fodder for Ulti-Cannahawk's effect. At least that's how I think it would work, there might still be some ruling saying that it is still returned to the extra deck but I'm going with this.

As for summoning the main deck monsters, I feel it falls into a weird spot, I can't see this card being make turn 1 too often unless you open something like Sage + a Spiritual beast + some way to get a 3rd monster out like E-tele. But past the first turn, I feel another Ulti- is always going to be better than a main deck monster. The only exception is if you really need to get out the main deck Cannahawk to start some combos if you didn't open with it or something.

I'm tyring to see how this card would work by linking up with something like Firewall Dragon but ritual beast aren't sent to the grave so he's not too useful. Decode talker would be nice having the negates and the body by linking this card with another monster. Right now there anything better to make than Decode Talker.

I think the card is fair, It does a lot for the deck but nothing particularly broken and fits the archetype very nicely in how it works (aside from being a link monster).

I'm tyring to see how this card would work by linking up with something like Firewall Dragon but ritual beast aren't sent to the grave so he's not too useful. Decode talker would be nice having the negates and the body by linking this card with another monster. Right now there anything better to make than Decode Talker.

This card can't co-link with Firewall, right? It doesn't have the markers to do that. Regardless, for Firewall's effect, though Ive not seen it in action, you could always use monsters sent to the Graveyard from the Banish zone by Ulti-Cannahawk (or sent by Rampengu) couldn't you? Returning a Lara or Wen to SS, or an Apelio for an extra 500 attack could prove useful, surely? If you can keep it in/return it to the graveyard, it could return a destroyed Ulti-Cannahawk too.

Regardless, as far as this card goes, it does unfortunatly lack the link markers to make that so easy.

This card can't co-link with Firewall, right? It doesn't have the markers to do that. Regardless, for Firewall's effect, though Ive not seen it in action, you could always use monsters sent to the Graveyard from the Banish zone by Ulti-Cannahawk (or sent by Rampengu) couldn't you? Returning a Lara or Wen to SS, or an Apelio for an extra 500 attack could prove useful, surely? If you can keep it in/return it to the graveyard, it could return a destroyed Ulti-Cannahawk too.

Regardless, as far as this card goes, it does unfortunatly lack the link markers to make that so easy.

To be honest, I haven't seen Firewall in action either yet but I was talking about the second effect: "If a monster this card points to is destroyed by battle or sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand". but ritual beast monsters are banished, not sent to the GY so it won't trigger. Also since Firewall doesn't point to monsters in the banished zone that are returned by Ulti-Cannahawk effect so it still won't trigger and I also believe that monster returned from Banished Zone to the GY are not considered "Send to the GY" in the first place.

I was just brainstorming what link monsters might be useful here since that's how it would be used for in the meta.

Archived