[Written] Clarity Battlizer

Fukato

EARTH Warrior Level 3

400/900

Effect: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to the GY. This card can attack directly. While equipped with an Equip Spell Card, you take no battle damage.

This is very clever design. Most decks wouldn't want to run an equip spell even if it meant that they could get a free summon. The deck that could perhaps most abuse the sending, Qli, has restrictions on Special Summoning non-Qli monsters.

Overall, it's very strong in Bamboo Sword (send Cursed Bamboo Sword) decks, but who ever heard of those? Plus it conflicts with Pot of Duality, normally a staple in those Exodia-ish decks.

But yeah, the fact that it's a free summon that requires you to run some normally undesirable cards is really interesting design.

One grammar change that I want to suggest is making the last effect continuous instead of activated. To do this, use the following wording.

While this card is equipped with an Equip Card, you take no battle damage.

I agree with the above, the card looks good and encouraging the use of Equip Spells, or supporting those decks that already do, is interesting; and as pointed above, it offers value by milling Equip Spells that float or want to be in the grave. Also it reminds me of Spell Striker; in fact, they would combo with each other for a Rank3 without spending your Normal Summon, or for a 2-tribute Summon xD

Archived