Atypical-Abbie

I got inspired by Weathery and their unique Spell/Traps that have effects for monsters in the same column and adjacent to that monster as well, it's an odd idea, but also a neat one that I can see being used for various cards, so here's a card for Thunder Decks, as they are able to spam monsters pretty easily, also you can use cards that change Type such as DNA Surgery to make use of this card in other Decks, and the last effect makes it so it's harder for your opponent to get rid of both DAN Surgery and this card as well.

electric_barrier_by_zaziuma-dbjrrfp.png

Thunder monsters in your Main Monster Zone in the same column as this card, and Main Monster Zones adjacent to that zone cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. If you control 3 or more Thunder monsters, your opponent cannot target Spell/Traps you control with card effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the second effect is continuous it should be "While you control 3 ......." instead of "If you control 3 ......."

But yeah, overall solid card. Targeting protection will always be good and the second effect is fair since you have to have 3 or more monsters. This could have a place in the "Batteryman" archetype but they also want to OTK not grind.....

More realistically this card would be used in that "Ties of the Breathern" deck where you lock your opponent out of Traps with "Denko Sekka", Main phase 1 with "Lightning Rod Lord" and Special Summoning with "Zap Mustung". Now your opponent can't even target your monsters or Spells/Traps.

Overall nice Thunder support, they need some love, but this card is not worth running DNA surgery for IMHO.

It's fine, but what are you using this for? Hunders? I would rather it be made so the Summon of Thunder monsters (in those zones) couldn't be negated, while not be able to be destroyed by card effects. That would probably help Hunders a lot more than just having target protection. If it's for Batteryman, sure, but I would still say that card effect protection in this scenario is better than targeting, since much like Hunders they swarm, so they don't really care about particular cards. 

The Spell/Trap protection is interesting but not really helpful unless all of the Vylons took advice from Vylon Prism and became Thunder monsters (actually a Thunder oriented equip Deck isn't that bad of an idea). 

If there's some other Thunder archetype I don't know that this card just HAS to be run in, that would be nice, but right now I don't see the point of using this card in a Deck using existing cards. 

The card art looks awesome though.

Archived