Warrior Wing: Birsds are awesome

Spyre of the Wolves

I'd love some feedback on this deck please. Any constructive Critisism is great

Monsters

Warrior Wing Eage- Lv 4, WIND, 1500/1500 Winged Beast/Effect

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Winged Warrior" Monster from your deck to your hand. If this card is in your hand and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card, but it cannot attack or be used as Link or XYZ material during the turn you activate this effect. You can only use the effect of "Warrior Wing Eage" once per turn.

Warrior Wing Crayne

Lv 4, WIND, 1000/2000, Winged Beast/Effect

During either player's turn, you can discard this card (Quick Effect); all "Warrior Wing" monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects until the end of this turn.

Warrior Wing Ole

Lv. 4, WIND, 1700/1100, Winged Beast/Effect

If this card is Special Summoned from your deck (Quick Effect); destroy 1 monster your opponent controls. This card cannot attack or be used as Link or XYZ material the turn you activate this effect.

Warrior Wing Gion

Lv. 4, WIND, 1400/1600, Winged Beast/Effect

If you control 2 or more "Warrior Wing" monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. This card gains 200 ATK for each "Warrior Wing" monster you control and in your GY.

Warrior Wing Rator

Lv. 6, WIND, 2500/2500 Winged Beast/Effect

If you control 1 "Warrior Wing" monster (and no other monsters)l you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 monster your opponent controls. This card gains 500 ATK for each 'Warrior Wing" monster you reveal in your hand. This card's battle position cannot be changed by an opponent's card effect while you control another "Warrior Wing" monster.

Warrior Wing Osrey

Lv. 6 WIND, 500/3000, Winged Beast/Effect

If you control "Warrior Wing Rator" and another face-up "Warrior Wing" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 monster your opponent controls. This card gains 500 ATK for each 'Warrior Wing" monster in your GY. This card's battle position cannot be changed by an opponent's card effect while you control another "Warrior Wing" monster.

Warrior Wing Guardian

Lv. 10 WIND, 3000/3000, Winged Beast/Effect

If you control "Warrior Wing Rator", "Warrior Wing Osrey", and another face up "Warrior Wing" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand.) If this card is Special Summoned by it's own effect, destroy all cards your opponent controls.

Spells

Warrior Wing Sky

Continuous

When a "Warrior Wing" monster is Special Summoned, add 1 Level 4 or lower WIND-Attribute monster from your deck to your hand. You can only use the effect of "Warrior Wing Sky" once per turn.

Warrior Wing United

Continuous

All "Warrior Wing" monster gain 200 ATK for each "Warrior Wing" monster on the field.

Warrior Wing Barracks

Field

Each Winged Beast monster gains 100 ATK for each monster on the field. Once per turn, when a "Warrior Wing" monster is Special Summoned from the hand, you can Special Summon 1 "Warrior Wing" monster from your deck, but it cannot attack and returns to your hand during the End Phase.

Traps

Warrior Wing Strike

Normal Trap

During the turn you activate this card, all Level 4 or lower "Warrior Wing" monsters you control can and must make two attacks during the Battle Phase.

Warrior Wing Storm

Normal Trap

If you control a Level 4 "Warrior Wing" monster, destroy 2 cards your opponent controls, or remove from play 2 cards in your opponent's GY.

So tell me what you think and what I need to improve on!

You are correct, birds are awesome! I like what you did with this archetype a lot. It seems like a OTK-heavy deck that focuses on defeating your opponent as fast as you can.

In terms of Card Grammar, always capitalize the D on Deck. Here's what I have to say about the archetype itself:

[spoiler='Warrior Wings]

The entire archetype:

I feel like nerfing a card with "This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect" is considered obsolete in this day and age, since you can take every Warrior Wing and Xyz or Link Summon to get around it (This is supported by the fact that the monsters are all Level 4, the best level for an Xyz Toolbox). Perhaps find a different way to balance the card effects, such as a once per turn effect.

Warrior Wing Eage:

The primary searcher for the archetype. Personally, I think the fact that it gets a free search immediately after its SS eff is activated is a little too much, especially since the effect can be used multiple times per turn, so I'd probably add something along the lines of "except by its own effect" on the searching effect and maaaybe add a "Once per turn" clause to it. You can be the judge of that. :)

Warrior Wing Crayne:

This card gives me the most problems in this archetype. I feel like this card would be way less broken if you changed the "unaffected by card effects" to "cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects", otherwise it's a guaranteed win combined with Guardian, Osrey, and Rator. Otherwise, cool idea!

Warrior Wing Ole:

This one's effect is fine by me. I'd lower its ATK by 200 or 100, though, so that your opponent can still attack through if you summon it during their turn.

Warrior Wing Gion:

So it's Performage Hat Tricker with an ATK boost effect? Nice. No changes here.

Warrior Wing Rator:

Okay, I was initally upset about the whole Kaiju-like effect but summoning it to your field, but I got over it when I saw the summoning condition. It's still kinda broken as a searchable Kaiju off of Eage, but if you lower its ATK by 500-1000, I think it'll be passable. 

Warrior Wing Osrey:

Same thing as Rator, but I'd lower this monster's ATK by a lot more (maybe even making its atk 500 or less) since it's easier to dump birds in the grave rather than keeping them in the hand. 

Warrior Wing Guardian:

The "destroy all cards your opponent controls" effect isn't too bad in this day and age, and the conditions are so specific that this card is decently balanced if it were used by itself. However, since it's easily searchable by Barracks, the card that's needed for his condition, it becomes a little more broken, so i'd change it so that it has to be Special Summoned by its own effect to destroy all cards.

Warrior Wing Sky:

It's Black Whirlwind for Special Summons. Thankfully it's LV. 4 or lower monsters like that card on top of the fact that it's once per turn, so no problems here.

Warrior Wing Storm:

Please don't make an Icarus Attack that's a Quick-Play Spell. It doesn't even have the tribute effect of Icarus Attack. In my opinion, making it a trap card would solve these problems.

Warrior Wing United:

You know, this card reminds me of Solidarity, and I love that card. Moving on! :)

Warrior Wing Barracks:

I don't have many problems with the ATK boost, but it becomes a free nuke when combined with Guardian's SS effect, since Barracks can SS ANY Warrior Wing in the archetype. I'd either change Guardian or change the field to SS from somewhere else other than directly from the Deck, such as the hand or the GY.

Warrior Wing Strike:

Yeah, sorry this isn't ok. This kinda solidifies the whole "instant win" that I talked about before. I'd add a thing that says "Level 4 or Lower" so that your Guardian isn't absolutely demolishing your opponent with a potential max of 8000 damage by itself with the other ATK boost cards in your archetype.

And that's about it! Please remember that all of these words are my personal opinions, and if you want to you can take them for a grain of salt. I hope I helped and keep on making cards! :3

No no, it's fine. I have a slight tendency to break my cards with hour knowing it (Barracks + Guardian, for example) so feedback to fix my cards is greatly appreciated. Also, I apologize for not having card art up, I posted on my phone, so I'll get the art up as soon as I find a computer.

Not a problem at all, Spyre! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see this archetype with art and the Archetypes that you do in the future! :)

If you'd like, you can make some XYZ monsters for the archetype. All the names are bird names minus one letter (with the exceptions of crayne, which is an added y and Ole, which is owl minus the w + an e at the end.)

I really do appreciate the offer, but I'll have to pass. I can help you with general ideas, but I don't want to intrude on what you're doing with your archetype. Keep up the good work, and I like what you did with the monster names! XD

Archived