* * * * - 1 votes Pokemon Gym Leader RP

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
So. This is going to be an RP about Pokemon. I have a cool Idea for this.

Alright. Well the story takes place in the Kohjia Region. This is a region based on Japan. As such, there are all sorts of Pokemon that live here, from Grass types to Steel types, it's got it all. There are big bustling cities like Tokyo for example, and there are small quiet towns, like Kyoto(I think that is a calm town in Japan). There are both Trials and Gyms in this Region, but the trial captains and Gym Leaders have to use same type Pokemon as normal.

There are a number of ways we can look at this. You can be a Trainer, taking your journey like you would in a normal Pokemon game. Or you can be a Trial Captain or Gym Leader. But if you choose the second option, you can only choose 1 type as your main typing, then you can only have Pokemon on your team that are of that type. If you are a trainer, you can have any Pokemon you want, but you must catch it and train it first. Also, if you choose trainer, you will start brand new. You can choose any starter from any official region, then start your adventure. If you choose Trainer, every Pokemon you catch will have randomized stats, by me or a cohost. Anything a Cohost or I say is law. Also no battles until all are introduced.

What I have for the plot mainly is that, this will take place before catching Pokemon was a thing. The first Pokeball has just been invented and it is still a new concept to "catch" a Pokemon. Battling is also new. Before now, people tamed Pokemon like we would in real life, and had them as pets who could help with the household. But, like all changes with anything, there is always going to be a few people who disagree with the new ways. The Evil Team is going to focus on pointing out the evil things that catching a Pokemon could possibly do. Whether you are a Leader, Captain or Trainer, you will have to deal with them as best you can, while also convincing others that this is a good change, not a bad one.

You will start in the town of Kyoso, where the pokeball is being showcased in a convention. While there, if you are a Trainer, you will become inspired and take on the new Gym challenges along with the long-practiced Trials. If you are a Gym Leader like my cohost Kurigod(AKA Swordgod), you will be introduced as a brand new concept. Your job would be to inspire the potentially new Trainers to take the Gym challenge. If you are a Trial Captain like my character, you will already have your Trial set in place, as it was already a thing. Trials already existed, since before, a trial was a test of the bond between you and your Pokemon. If you passed, you were looked highly upon in your hometown. Take these into consideration when making apps.

Character App Skeleton:

This might take a ton of people to pull this off, so if you want to join plz tell everyone you know!
My Archetypes:
The User I look up to as a Mentor:
Goal:

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

Hi I'm Dad

Hi I'm Dad

We the people.

• Dad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Hi Kyumi.  First and foremost, a few things about what I'm about to say:

• This is not meant to come off as hostile.  If it does, I apologize.
  • This is not to discourage you.
  • This is not meant to push you away.

So, right now, Pokemon RPs are all the rage.  They're very popular and starting one could turn out some very positive results.  On the flipside of things, it may be a tad bit over done, and some players may sense this as "just another Pokemon RP".  In addition, not having an established plot for your rp is often a turn-off for most Roleplayers.  While it is engaging to have your cast develop the plot with you (the host), you should still have a pre-established plot so that your cast can get a general idea of what will be going on.  A setting alone just isn't enough to actually create the rp.

Take some time to better flesh out what you want to accomplish and create yourself a plot.  Even if you just sit down and jot down two or three sentences for a very general, brief plot, it will give you and your players a place to start.

And lastly, I do not claim to be an authority on role-playing.  These are things coming from my own opinion and general understanding of the section during my time here.  If you have any questions, I'm sure someone in the RP section (including myself) can assist with answers.  If not, you can always refer to our resident RP Moderator Zai.

Good luck in your Pokemon RP.  I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

DT8lnpy.jpg

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Thank you. I actually have someone who is willing to help me develop my plot already. I understand why you were concerned though and I appreciate it. I hope it does turn out well with many people in it. Would you be willing to join?
My Archetypes:
Goal:

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

Hi I'm Dad

Hi I'm Dad

We the people.

• Dad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Thank you. I actually have someone who is willing to help me develop my plot already. I understand why you were concerned though and I appreciate it. I hope it does turn out well with many people in it. Would you be willing to join?

Provided the plot is something I am interested in (and that I am able to join another rp, considering the number of rps I'm already in lol) I may join.  No guarantees, but it's certainly a possibility.  

DT8lnpy.jpg

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Alright then. If you join, I look forward to reading your character app. Until then, my friend!
My Archetypes:
Goal:

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Plot added.
My Archetypes:
Goal:

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Rawr!

• The Last NetMonster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

You actually went out of your way to PM me an invite, which kind of blew my mind this morning.

Lemme sees what schemes I can brew for this...

Reptilious

Reptilious

• VIP
  • 482 posts

Sure, why not. Noting interest here

contest thingy

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Yay! Interest is good. Now, plz tell all your friends, were gonna need a ton of people to make this work.
My Archetypes:
Goal:

EpicBoss99

EpicBoss99

Winged Beast Lord

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

I wanted to post this to show interest as well. If I can personally handle being in 2 RPs at once, I'd be happy to join! :)

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Good good. You can all start working on your character apps now.
My Archetypes:
Goal:

Jakeronijo

Jakeronijo

The Boy Who Flew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

I have deep interest invested in the future of this RP. Think of me Fondly

"It Has Been 3000 Years" But Now I'm Back and Better than Ever! Get me in your RP Now! Don't let the Fandom war be won by the weak, recruit the Boy Who Flew.

99% of people die when killed. If you are part of the 1% who won't, put this in your signature.

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I will. Once again to all who have shown interest, plz start working on your apps. The plot is being worked on by your hosts currently. We already have the starting bit, so we can maybe get started soon, but I need to see apps in order to do so.
My Archetypes:
Goal:

Reptilious

Reptilious

• VIP
  • 482 posts

Dropping this here, I'll get around to finishing soon

Emily Jones (WIP)

contest thingy

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Rawr!

• The Last NetMonster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

...not gonna lie, the fact that you actually PMed me about this has me creeped. If I had found the RP on my own or someone I was more familiar with told me about this, I wouldn't be having the nagging bad feeling that I've been having about this. So, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to bow out of this.

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Alright. Sorry to spook ya. I was just looking for a lot of Pokemon RPers and you were one of them.
My Archetypes:
Goal:

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Here is my character:

Silke Weaver

My Archetypes:
Goal:

Kyumi

Kyumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Just because I started the OOC thread doesn't mean you cant apply or show interest. Instead, it is just the opposite. I actually want a lot of people to join this. So please, if you want in, JOIN!
My Archetypes:
Goal:

Jakeronijo

Jakeronijo

The Boy Who Flew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Going to the beach, will post app as soon as I get the chance in this post.

"It Has Been 3000 Years" But Now I'm Back and Better than Ever! Get me in your RP Now! Don't let the Fandom war be won by the weak, recruit the Boy Who Flew.

99% of people die when killed. If you are part of the 1% who won't, put this in your signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users