Defective Mirror Force

Eshai

Malfunctioning Mirror Force

Normal - Trap

When a monster declares an attack: Destroy all cards on the field.

Someone from Duel Portal was using a card similar to this called "Cyclon Hole" but I don't remember who it was. My change was that any monster attack could trigger it. I don't think this is too big of a change, since if it was set already and they already have an abundance of monsters, but if your opponent was playing around Mirror Force (most players don't anyways) you can sacrifice your own cards to get the field clean.

This is a card that might be limited, but I don't know why it would be. It's similar to Solemn Scolding in that you can't make use of it unless you have no other set Spell/Traps, so it would be pretty easy to discern what kind of Trap it is if all you do is set a card. You can also compare this to the recently released Struggling Battle, which does something similar. While it doesn't activate in response to an attack, it can banish cards your opponent controls face-down. However, this could also be seen as a buff from Struggling Battle, since this card is more flexible and doesn't leave a card on your opponent's field.

It also furthers the mentality of setting cards in your Main Phase 2, which is already something good players do and you might as well reward that.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the card since this is something that would seem to be pretty interesting.

I like the idea, but why would you give it the name you chose? It is completely irrelevant to it's effect. Unless you meant to say it malfunctioned by destroying everything. Anyway, I don't see a restriction on it saying you can only activate this card if it is the only card in your Spell/Trap zone. But overall, nice idea for a new mirror force card.

Malfunctioning. It's supposed to reflect the attack to protect your monsters, but instead it kills everything.

The thing is that you don't want to activate this effect while you control cards since that would decrease that value you get from it, which is similar to Black Rose Dragon.

I think it should destroy only monsters instead of all cards). It will be a counterpart of "Malevolent Catastrophe". Also I think it's preferable to let it activated when an opponent's monster attacks since you'll never (or rarely) activate it in your Battle Phase.

...that's just Dark Hole with a Mirror Force trigger.

Malevolent Catastrophe never gets used. Even when it came out it wasn't used.

Sure it would barely be used during your turn, but the option is nice to have and allows for more interesting plays.

Archived