Staggering Recoil

Guest BGMCANN0N

Well, Snow definitely can make use of this card in competitive applications, given what it does. Then again, Shaddolls/Subterrors and whatever Flip decks exist get it hard too. As much as I would say to play one of the Level Limit cards after you get stuff set up, Xyz/Links don't care because they're unaffected by them (Final Attack Orders may be another option in casual applications). 

I guess this is one way you can re-use Pendulums in Link format, albeit a more gimmicky way of doing so without resorting to Pot of Riches or something (that requires position changing).

Swords of Concealing Light, Windstorm of Etaqua, or Book of Eclipse, all work nicely with this card, only affecting opponents cards and playing as disruption on their own accord. 

The card is the most balanced it's ever been able to be in the history of the game due to Links being unable to change positions (so natural counters) even though this card can technically still hinder the materials themselves. 

It is good that it allows itself to be chainable and therefore less hindered by removal, and that it affects the whole field so you have potential do to a number of things within the turn, including silly little combo potential with things like Serpentine Princess xD

The card can also be as small as a 1 4 1 play, or as big as advantageous as a Quick-play Lightning Vortex would be....

It is an amusing concept.

This card looks good to me. It empowers position changing effects and can be funny along cards like the aforementioned Windstorm of Etaqua, also Labyrinth of Nightmare, as well as Stumbling for discouraging the opponent from Summoning anything for an entire turn.

Clown Control and Eisbahn decks new meta :v

This card looks good to me. It empowers position changing effects and can be funny along cards like the aforementioned Windstorm of Etaqua, also Labyrinth of Nightmare, as well as Stumbling for discouraging the opponent from Summoning anything for an entire turn.

Clown Control and Eisbahn decks new meta :v

With Stumbling they could just Summon in Defense Position [/next level strategies]

Just saying xD

Cards that change to a set position like that can be worked around, although they are more safe to use when you don't draw into the OP's card, which I find interesting.

With Stumbling they could just Summon in Defense Position [/next level strategies]

Just saying xD

Cards that change to a set position like that can be worked around, although they are more safe to use when you don't draw into the OP's card, which I find interesting.

Still, would you stablish a board forced to be in Defense and that cannot attack for that turn? It depends on the deck of course, but that's how it can discourage the opponent.

Still, would you stablish a board forced to be in Defense and that cannot attack for that turn? It depends on the deck of course, but that's how it can discourage the opponent.

It depends on the deck, but I think it is not as discouraging as Maxx C. For example, you bring out all your pieces in Defense Position and then go into Links, which can be in Attack Position and don't fear this card. That's the most immediate example.

It depends on the deck, but I think it is not as discouraging as Maxx C. For example, you bring out all your pieces in Defense Position and then go into Links, which can be in Attack Position and don't fear this card. That's the most immediate example.

Right, it is still possible to set up oppressive boards in Defense Position, and if the deck happens to have enough big Link Monsters, they can go all out and OTK in a similar way that players take the Maxx C challenge.

Archived