Thiccode Talker (Excode Talker) [EXFO]

exfo-jp038.jpg?ssl=1

WIND/Cyberse/Link/Effect/2300 ATK/LINK-3
Left, Top, Right
2+ Cyberse monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can choose unused Main Monster Zones, equal to the number of monsters in the Extra Monster Zones; while this card is face-up on the field, those zone(s) cannot be used. You can only use this effect of "Excode Talker" once per turn. Monsters this card points to gain 500 ATK, also they cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Surprised no one made a topic for the cover card of the new set.
Discuss.

I really wanted this to be a link 4 upgrade to the code talker monsters ... or an actual bomb archtype ... that being said, it is the first code talker monster to be somewhat solid in the main monster zones, which means the revival effect of recoded alive would be solid with it, sadly one has to link summon it to be used for that.

Its first effect can be cute against link decks, if markers become a bit weirder.

It is not amazing, though a solid addition (considering its markers) to the code talker archtype.

After thinking about it a bit, it sucks this is Cyberse-only on the materials because the protection effect is pretty alright. Then again, you'd need 2 of this guy out for it to be worthy it.

I'm sure at some point Cyberse decks will be decent enough for this to be made and the idea of having two 2800 ATK monsters that cannot be destroyed by effects and seal off 4 Main Monster Zones would be problematic.

On another note, I think the ATK boost and effect should have them include themselves while anything is Linked to them from anywhere, and that the ATK boost should be +500 x Linked monsters, so it could by itself be an alright beater like the other Talkers.

On its own it doesn't help itself at all and becomes an easy target for removal. It'd need a copy of itself on the side, or a Proxy Dragon or Honeybot.....

About the Zone blocking thing. At least it is a bonus added in for flavor. Turn one 3 copies of this guy would be terrifying for the opponent though.

Don't like how you are supposed to have a Link already in your EMZ linking directly down, but at least there's easy work-arounds for that like Spider or Linkuriboh I guess.

All in all..... It has potential if spammed against an empty field (which would go for the OTK with that kind of power anyways.... oh....)

This is a great card. Make it generically with Proxy Dragon + Link Spider/Linkuriboh, cards you're probably running anyway.

Anyway, the point of this card is to put at the T-junction beneath the Extra Monster Zone(s) when you go on a big link combo/Extra Link.

You could go into Tri-Gate Wizard, which I'd recommend over this normally, but it's not yet possible to have 2 Tri-Gate Wizard both having their 3 co-links effects (the negatey one) live, since we don't have a Link 1 that points sideways.

This is your second Tri-Gate and it allows you have 1 non-link stun monster without hurting your board.

But yeah, the Ojama effect is just a small bonus really. You're playing this because it's a <^> that isn't a vanilla during your opponent's turn.

Archived