3 wishes

Can't wish for anything to do with the ability to make or grant further wishes. Must give definitive amounts, can't wish for infinite money or to always have food when hungry or any of that shite. Can't control or influence the minds of other people directly with a wish but you can wish for the power to do so.

Assume the classic genie banter king move of being as cuntish as possible with interpreting wording. Ideally don't be a Yui just wishing for money and superpowers and be creative; realistically if this situation occurred everyone's inner Yui would likely win so think of something a bit more interesting.

[spoiler=Anyone know what the orange head joke is?]

Just thought I would put that up there.

Also, does it count if my superpower is creative?

DEFINE SUPERPOWER

Anyways, the ideal wish 1 is to forgo the "Be careful what you wish for" clause, and have my wish go how I want it to go.

Wish 2 is the power to See a possible future at any time, but then that future cannot happen.

Wish 3 is to free ( Or kill, as pointed out by speedroid) the genie.

Were the Rewas comments really necessary? =.=

Anyway, sure, I'll bite.

1. I wish for the ability to turn any object into an object that falls into the same category as the initial item. Turn any piece of clothing into any other piece of clothing, for instance.
  2. I wish for the power to manipulate the weather in my general area (~half a mile would be fine).
  3. Also free wi-fi for humanity, forever.

I'm sure there's plenty of other things I'd like to wish for, but these are probably the best I could come up with on the spot. I'm not a very creative person with that kind of stuff ^_^;

1. I wish for the ability to turn any object into an object that falls into the same category as the initial item. Turn any piece of clothing into any other piece of clothing, for instance.

Isn't that just a slow way of turning any object into any other object?

Like, take the clothing example. Say you have a sock.

1. Turn the sock into a skirt because they are both items of clothing.
  2. Turn the skirt into a donut because they are both toroidal.
  3. Turn the donut into any item of food...

And so on from there.

But yeah, interesting power. I like that it requires imagination to properly take advantage of.

#1: "I wish to, at my discretion, and mine alone, have absolute perfection in wording of any sentence, question, order, or phrase, such that it yields from the directed target audience the result that I personally and consciously intend for it to yield with no repercussions."

#2: Use power granted by wish #1 to wish for conscious personal shapeshifting powers with no limitations.

#3: Use power granted by wish #1 to wish for my personal universal constancy.

I'd like to sincerely ask that someone find a way to corrupt my first wish, as this is a frequent personal mental challenge of mine.

#1: "I wish to, at my discretion, and mine alone, have absolute perfection in wording of any sentence, question, order, or phrase, such that it yields from the directed target audience the result that I personally and consciously intend for it to yield with no repercussions."

Okie doke.

*waves genie hands*

You now have the power of perfect wording, but only while you are the only person who is being discreet. Everyone else must be blabbing each other's secrets, or your power will not apply!!!!! Mwahahahahaha!

Does that challenge you enough? Think my challenge is invalid? Words like "at" can be rather ambiguous, and "discretion" does have 2 meanings. I think this is a valid corruption.

EDIT: of course you only get the power if you are also not giving away any secrets, but that's a lot easier to control than others' discretion.

Okie doke.

*waves genie hands*

You now have the power of perfect wording, but only while you are the only person who is being discreet. Everyone else must be blabbing each other's secrets, or your power will not apply!!!!! Mwahahahahaha!

Does that challenge you enough? Think my challenge is invalid? Words like "at" can be rather ambiguous, and "discretion" does have 2 meanings. I think this is a valid corruption.

EDIT: of course you only get the power if you are also not giving away any secrets, but that's a lot easier to control than others' discretion.

I'm not sure that would be a valid corruption. "At" is not very ambiguous, certainly not here, and therefore, decides which form of discretion is being used. To corrupt the wish in this way would ignore the grammar dictating it, essentially becoming nonsense and therefore not actually granting the wish, corrupted or not.

Trying to argue the ambiguity of "at" would work if it was being used to refer to say, a time. If I wanted this power, but only at 2 o'clock, you could corrupt it to be such that I have that power only while I am at the 2 o'clock portion of a clock, for example.

1. I wish for General Heinous's first wish to be retroactively negated, with any effect it had on the results of his other wishes removed.

2. I wish to have a reliable, safe, and time-efficient method of travel to any place on this planet that I please, without any sort of prohibitive costs or great inconvenience to others.

3. I wish to have precisely 1 million USD in a high-interest savings account, with a limit of $100k withdrawn within a 365-day period.

1. I wish for General Heinous's first wish to be retroactively negated, with any effect it had on the results of his other wishes removed.

2. I wish I had a reliable, safe, and time-efficient method of travel to any place on this planet that I please, without any sort of prohibitive costs or great inconvenience to others.

3. I wish I had precisely 1 million USD in a high-interest savings account, with a limit of $100k withdrawn within a 365-day period.

fukken sniped by General Heinous time travelling as one of his favoured formes: "Suprah Battel Dwoid" as he calls it, before you even got to open your mouth.

EDIT:

I'm not sure that would be a valid corruption. "At" is not very ambiguous, certainly not here, and therefore, decides which form of discretion is being used. To corrupt the wish in this way would ignore the grammar dictating it, essentially becoming nonsense and therefore not actually granting the wish, corrupted or not.

Trying to argue the ambiguity of "at" would work if it was being used to refer to say, a time. If I wanted this power, but only at 2 o'clock, you could corrupt it to be such that I have that power only while I am at the 2 o'clock portion of a clock, for example.

What if the genie just isn't very good at interpreting your esoteric drivel?

Assume the classic genie banter king move of being as cuntish as possible with interpreting wording.

Assume that the genie isn't very good at interpreting your esoteric drivel.

That's a yes.

fukken sniped by General Heinous time travelling as one of his favoured formes: "Suprah Battel Dwoid" as he calls it, before you even got to open your mouth.

EDIT:

Presumably, being a genie which is magically bound to grant me 3 wishes as its temporary master, it is not the genie that interprets the wish but the property of the genie that forces it to grant wishes which interprets. Such a force is magical, and therefore fully understands the meaning an intent of the wish. It just tries to corrupt it however it can via loopholes or double meanings that result from poor phrasing.

Genies act all confident but they seem to forget that they're slaves with little control of their own power.

1. Make me a cute cisgender Korean female. (Basically just editing history or whatever)

2. Give me my ideal stereotypical potential-romantic-interest childhood friend.

3. Make said eventual relationship be one that can last mutually happy through anything that happens with us both remaining mentally sane as well (so no happiness just from insanity-related or such) for the remainder of said relationship for the rest of our lives.

>u>

1. Make me a cute cisgender Korean female. (Basically just editing history or whatever)

2. Give me my ideal stereotypical potential-romantic-interest childhood friend.

3. Make said eventual relationship be one that can last mutually happy through anything that happens with us both remaining mentally sane as well (so no happiness just from insanity-related or such) for the remainder of said relationship for the rest of our lives.

>u>

You don't really need 2 wish 4 that just get 50 grand and the korean doctors will make u another hive mind

HIVE MIND

1. I WISH ENDUSER REUNITED WITH ENGUIN AND REWAS LIKE BEFORE THE ANIME CATASTROPHE SEPARATED THEM INTO THREE SHARDS

2. I WISH KUSH WAS MY GIRLFRIEND FOREVER AND WE OPENED A PATREON FOR OUR SUPERHERO WEBCOMIC ABOUT IRONIC LEFTIST CONCEPTS MANIFESTED AS HEROES AND VILLAINS

3. I WANNA GET MARRIED TO MITCH AND LIVE OUT UMINEKO WITH HIM TOGETHER, ENDLESSLY AND REPEATEDLY MURDERING HIS FAMILY WHILE HE WATCHES FROM ABOVE UNTIL HE FALLS IN LOVE WITH ME AND I DITCH KUSH TO STAY WITH HIM WHILE TWO MIDGETS LAUGH AT OUR DIFFICULTIES BY THROWING ANOTHER MIDGET AT US TO TROLL US

Why do these threads only ever get loaded with spam when I like the thread in question? =.=

Moving to misc. Apparently I need to start hovering over this section like a goddamn vulture waiting to pick at spammers or something.

Archived