The Amazing Mokey Mokey! [Written]

Sleepy

The Amazing Mokey Mokey!
LIGHT [Fairy / Link / Effect]  ATK/ 300    Link- 1    Arrow: Upper Left

1 non-effect monster

When Link Summoned: You can banish a card in the zone this card points to (if any). You can pay 500 LP: Special Summon 1 "Mokey Mokey" from your hand or Deck. You can pay 1000 LP: Fusion Summon 1 Fairy Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as materials, and if you do, you can have its original ATK and DEF become 4000, but it cannot attack directly this turn. This card gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all "Mokey Mokey" cards on the field, except "The Amazing Mokey Mokey!". It cannot attack directly.

The card was thought of as a Joke, not because of the effect, but because of the Link Arrow which allows for Extra Link in diagonals and gets rid of what your opponent might have had previously Summoned in the second EMZ. Though I gave it a non-generic material to make up for it a little. I'm not all that sure on how powerful this use actually is in practice so I decided to post it here.

It makes Mokey Mokeys be its own version of Mystical Shine Balls.... which thinking in retrospect, I should have made this a Goblin card since Dark Factory of Mass Production shows how Mokey Mokeys are made.....

this card is quite ...but:

not because of the effect, but because of the Link Arrow which allows for Extra Link in diagonals

Extra Link can only be formed by horizontal and vertical pointing

while the removal effect is pretty sweet. this card doesn't seems that strong as it relies on you making another Link monster to enabling the Fusion effect. and doesn't help the little guys much since there is a quite large number of swarming support for normal monster already

this card is quite ...but:

Extra Link can only be formed by horizontal and vertical pointing

while the removal effect is pretty sweet. this card doesn't seems that strong as it relies on you making another Link monster to enabling the Fusion effect. and doesn't help the little guys much since there is a quite large number of swarming support for normal monster already

Not working with diagonals sounds kind of arbitrary. That's strange but I  guess that means I could tweak the arrows and see where that takes me. Maybe also a bottom left one and make this a Link 2 would help it at least be more of a starter.

Does it require like, a perfect U formation of Links or can it be done through a Decode Talker pointing down to the middle and then going left and up with the rest?

Yeah, there's a lot of support for vanillas. The intention was to bring out the Mokeys with this effect and then revive them with something like Tri Wight, and that's pretty much the extension of the idea xD

Extra Link requires the "U" formation.

Not too keen on the 500 LP payment effect. I mean, that makes it as good as Venus, while being much more accessible as a Link1 that can use any non-Effect monster as material. A hard OPT would be the fair thing to do... but it may go against your intentions with the card.

As for the Fusion Summoning effect, trying to use it to Fuse other Fairy Fusions besides Mokey came to mind. St. Joan anyone? :v

other than that, it looks fine, 4000 ATK but no attacking should keep it on check.

IMO it's fine as a Mokey Mokey card; crossing it with Golbin cards would be... weird xD

Extra Link requires the "U" formation.

Not too keen on the 500 LP payment effect. I mean, that makes it as good as Venus, while being much more accessible as a Link1 that can use any non-Effect monster as material. A hard OPT would be the fair thing to do... but it may go against your intentions with the card.

As for the Fusion Summoning effect, trying to use it to Fuse other Fairy Fusions besides Mokey came to mind. St. Joan anyone? :v

other than that, it looks fine, 4000 ATK but no attacking should keep it on check.

IMO it's fine as a Mokey Mokey card; crossing it with Golbin cards would be... weird xD

Mokey Mokey is dangerous. Fear the Mokey Mokey xD

So much so that more than 1 Mokey Mokey per turn is too much for the game :v

You might have a point, maybe I should make it more costy, like paying LP to add to hand OR to Summon from hand, that'd... no, that's just making it more of a glass jar, but hard OPT feels bad flavor wise. Like, it decreases the chances you'll make Mokey Mokey King and keep the chances you'll ladder into Links or Xyz into something.

Yeah... you will have to find a sweet spot to keep it fair.

It just occurred to me that you could even play this with Venus: Venus Summons 3 Shine Balls, 1 Shine Ball becomes this, and this Summons 3 Mokeys, then your Link ladder away D:

Yeah... you will have to find a sweet spot to keep it fair.

It just occurred to me that you could even play this with Venus: Venus Summons 3 Shine Balls, 1 Shine Ball becomes this, and this Summons 3 Mokeys, then your Link ladder away D:

That sounds like a great deck actually xD 1 card can become 7+

Though that'd be at least 9 cards out of 40 in your deck, and you'll draw into a lot of balls and pillows....

That sounds like a great deck actually xD 1 card can become 7+

Though that'd be at least 9 cards out of 40 in your deck, and you'll draw into a lot of balls and pillows....

Right. I actually thought for a moment that having to run the Mokeys was enough of a drawback, since they are so bad :v

But more seriously, would be awesome if we could find a middle ground to keep that Mokey-summoning effect without a hard OPT.

Archived