[Written] Elemental Energy

Thomas★Zero

Elemental Energy

Continuous Spell Card

"Elemental HERO" monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. During each of your End Phases, gain 500 LP for each "Elemental HERO" monster you control. If destroyed by your opponent's card effect or by the effect of a "HERO" monster, or a card with "HERO" in its text, you can apply 1 of these:

-Add 1 "Polymerization" or "Fusion" Spell Card from your Deck or GY to your hand.

-Add 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

You can only use this effect of "Elemental Energy" once per turn.

So Elemental Energy provides the sort of needed support for Elemental HERO's as it boost their ATK and DEF by a little to make them a bit more effective during battle (Specially if played in multiples) and also it allows you to gain life for each HERO you control during the end of your turn (which helps after using A HERO Lives) finally its last effect allows you to either search a Elemental HERO of a Fusion card in order to extend on your plays though that effect is limited to a hard OPT clause.

In all this would be nice support for Elemental HERO's based on all of its effect and would also provide a nice recovery to them as well.

I think it is a little bit slow, dependent on the opponent, and unsearchable. It's only consistent effect is the +300 ATK one, while your opponent might not destroy it at all because it doesn't really bother them, and when they do, it might get alternate removal such as banishing.

The LP gain is alright, but mostly as a bonus. It being strictly during the End Phase sounds like you might not get much out of it at all.

I suggest the search triggers when destroyed by you as well, and that the LP gain happens during the Main phase, as a Quick effect even, but still only on your turn so that it doesn't double up the amount you wanna be able to gain. It'd look something like this:

"Elemental HERO" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, you can activate this effect during your Main Phase (Quick effect): Gain 500 LP for each "Elemental HERO" monster you control. If destroyed by your opponent's card effect or by the effect of a "HERO", or a card with "HERO" in its text, you can apply 1 of these:

-Add 1 "Polymerization" or "Fusion" Spell Card from your Deck or GY to your hand.

^I didn't fully extend the ability of the "destroyed by" part but your HERO support such as Cyclone Boomerang can do stuff with it. I wanted to extend the search to HERO s/ts too but IDK.

Not to mention the ATK boosts won't apply on Masked HEROes, namely Dark Law, which is the card that basically carries HEROes to more competitive levels.

Still, IMO the card is just fine as a casual card for the casual E-HERO or omni-HERO builds since it makes Shining and Absolute Zero bigger, and the longer the opponent takes to remove it, the more LP you gain.

You may as well make it float when it's sent to the grave by or for the effect of HEROes. The latter would also include being discarded by Thunder Giant.

By the way, mechanic-wise, Continuous Spells cannot have Quick Effects or spell speed 2 effects. There are alternatives for that, like making the effect trigger under a specific event (e.g. Verdant Sanctuary). For this card's case, gaining LP each time a card is drawn during either player's Draw Phase is close to the current effect.

You may as well make it float when it's sent to the grave by or for the effect of HEROes. The latter would also include being discarded by Thunder Giant.

By the way, mechanic-wise, Continuous Spells cannot have Quick Effects or spell speed 2 effects. There are alternatives for that, like making the effect trigger under a specific event (e.g. Verdant Sanctuary). For this card's case, gaining LP each time a card is drawn during either player's Draw Phase is close to the current effect.

Fixed that so its during each Standby Phase.

I disagree with Darj.... If it's gonna end up activating during the Standby Phase, might as well leave it at End Phase, because Standby Phase is equally as slow but it takes an extra turn to start kicking off..... It is nerfing it too much IMO.

The best option if it had to change anything, I believe is to leave it at Once per turn during your Main Phase, just take off the "quick effect" part of it and the issue was solved.

I disagree with Darj.... If it's gonna end up activating during the Standby Phase, might as well leave it at End Phase, because Standby Phase is equally as slow but it takes an extra turn to start kicking off..... It is nerfing it too much IMO.

The best option if it had to change anything, I believe is to leave it at Once per turn during your Main Phase, just take off the "quick effect" part of it and the issue was solved.

Ah, my mistake, I thought the LP gain was meant to activate during both player's Main Phases, effectively doubling the healing rate. But it never worked that way, so yeah, better to reverr it and make it gain LP during the End Phase.

Okay fixed that now should be alright now, right?

Almost. A thing it is missing is that it should be an effect that activates and starts a chain, following up-to-date LP gaining Continuous Spells like Aroma Garden, Don Thousand's Throne. Also, it should be fine if the LP gain activates on the MP.

"Elemental HERO" monsters [on the field? that you control?] gain 500 ATK and DEF. During each of your Main Phases: Gain 500 LP for each "Elemental HERO" monster you control. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect, the effect of a "HERO" monster, or a card with "HERO" in its text: You can activate 1 of these effects;

Archived