Ophiuchus the Serpent Tamer

ABC Gun

Artwork for this card done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2068 please support them when you can

BRo0PkJ.jpg
3 Level 4 Reptile monsters
During your Main Phase 1: You can detach 3 materials from this card, then apply 1 of the following effects. During the turn you activate this preceding effect, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase, or Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters, except Reptile monsters. You can only use the preceding effect of "Ophiuchus the Serpent Tamer" once per Duel.
● Add 1 Reptile monster from your Main Deck or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand whose ATK is equal to or less than the total ATK of those detached cards, afterwards draw 1 card.
● Special Summon 1 Reptile monster from your Main Deck or face-up in your Extra Deck whose ATK is equal to or less than the total ATK of those detached cards, ignoring its Summoning conditions.
● Destroy 3 of your opponent's cards (from under their control, their hand at random, and/or the top of their Main or Extra Deck).

I feel so sorry for Reptiles, they keep getting the shaft in this game and have been so for years. I thought about making this card a Link Monster, but it wouldn't serve the purpose I want it to have as a Boss for Reptiles, and I just think it looks cooler as an Xyz Monster. This card is meant to be a beater with 2800 ATK, take Reptiles out of either the Main Deck or Extra Deck (as long as its a Pendulum Monster), and then add it to the hand while you draw a card, or just Special Summon it regardless of its Summoning conditions, or it can become a poor-man's Trishula by destroying 3 of your opponent's cards from their hand, their field, or their Main OR Extra Decks. Oh, I named this card after what is alleged the "13th Astrological Constellation" Ohiuchus the Snake-Bearer, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus_(astrology)and I made it a LIGHT Rank 4 Xyz Monster so it can share some relation to both the Constellars and the tellarknights which each of those archetypes relates to the Constellations. I just want Reptiles to be useful for something, hope this helps.

Archived