Sacred Spring of Youth

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Sacred Spring of Youth
[Field Spell]

You can shuffle 1 face-up monster you control into the Deck; Special Summon from your Deck, 1 monster with the same Type and Attribute as the monster you shuffled, but with a Level lower than the shuffled monster's Level when it was on the field, then the Summoned monster gains 1000 ATK. You can only use this effect of "Sacred Spring of Youth" once per turn.

Huh? a reverse Transmodify useable every turn? Not sure if I'm ok with it being an OPT effect. Then again, this card only assists a handful of decks and I cannot think of ways of abusing it at the moment. If anything, play it in Magibullets to turn a Level4 into a Level3 that threats with a +1000 ATK, but doesn't sound like an optimal play, especially when as a Field Spell it cannot activate any Magibullet monster.

Card should be fine on its own, considering yeah, there aren't too many Decks that can make use of it. I suppose you could also use it with certain Pendulum decks to bypass the new ED rules / shuffle your stuff around; might be an option, albeit a lot of them would prefer their own Fields if applicable. (Most you can really do with it is either get another on-summon effect off and/or replace things for later). That, or use it with high Levels that have easy summoning conditions to summon small/mid-range monsters with the added bonus, but this one kind of borders on subpar plays (in a casual sense).

I can't really see any abuse issues, except with potential on-summon effects and so forth, but hard OPT on this (and internal ones on aforementioned monsters) should be okay.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Huh? a reverse Transmodify useable every turn? Not sure if I'm ok with it being an OPT effect. Then again, this card only assists a handful of decks and I cannot think of ways of abusing it at the moment. If anything, play it in Magibullets to turn a Level4 into a Level3 that threats with a +1000 ATK, but doesn't sound like an optimal play, especially when as a Field Spell it cannot activate any Magibullet monster.

I could mention a few of those handfuls... Particularly it is good with cards with a high Level, but easy Summoning condition as Sakura mentioned.

• You could pair this with say Malefics and Decks with monsters that share the Malefic monster's typing. For Instance, Malefic Stardust as a DARK Dragon-Type could complement say a Red-Eyes or a dedicated Odd-Eyes Deck. Whereas, Malefic Cyber End could be good for say a Jinzo Deck. and to a lesser degree, Ally of Justice (none of their stuff have been competitive enough stats to work with).
  • Dark Magician builds could make for a strong Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer for strong beater with banishing capabilies, Witch's Apprentice to boost your other DARKs, or Apprentice Illusion Magician to get back the shuffled Dark Magician and have a 3000 beater.
  • Speedroid could get their now limited Terrortop out of the Deck faster, additionally it could make Decks with WIND Machine typing, like Mecha Phantom Beast or Symphonic, have a single play with Terrortop seeing how Taketomborg hasn't been hit.

Additionally, this could be used in tandem with monsters that modify their Levels... But, I'll leave that open to interpretation as to which Decks could do that.

With MPB, most it does is just switching out the Level 4s for Hamstrat / O-lion / Blue Impala for Synchro builds, but only the former two are any good. Or if you really wanted to, Tribute 1 of them with Token up, then summon 2600 ATK Coltwing for more Tokens / banish effect fuel. I suppose recycling Tetherwings would be a good idea after its NS effect goes off. (I don't really use the Speedroid engine in them much though, so...)

Once F.A. get going with more members, MAYBE they'd like to use this for more stuff but I don't think they have room to tech this over Grand Prix or other supports they are likely to receive in the future. 

====

Can't think of any more Decks that would be able to use this without compromising efficiency. Trains have a Level 10 thing going, but I guess you could use it to summon Fortress or something if Knight goes bad (but you're sacrificing their own Field for this). Gouki MIGHT look into it as a side option for stuff, but I doubt it. 

Oh, right, if it sent the monster to the grave as cost then Goukis would have appreciated it a lot, and it can be quite potent when it summons a monster floodgate because of that +1000 ATK. I would like to drop a 2800-ATK Spell Canceller this way xD

Banisher of Radiance suddenly sounds good, and its Level3 makes it summonable from Level4 LIGHT Fairy decks, namely Seraphs and Trickstar Candina; Trickstars can use it to summon Lycoris from Candina and teched Narkiss, too.

Hmm I think it needs to specify about the Level bit. Are we talking about current (on field) Level or original Level?
Transmodify was annoying in how you could never use Level-modifying effects to get more out of it. This card being a Field Spell sounds fun. 

Hyeratics shuffle back a 0/0 Blue Eyes and go for another beater

Gagaga can go for toolbox of DMoC (with the Gagaga Sister combo), Kycoo, or Summoner Monk.

Special Summoning smaller monsters also opens up for things like Machine Dupe or Ties of the Brethren.

Then the decks that can search out the Barrier Statues at 2000 ATK.

There's a lot of possibilities. I like it.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Hmm I think it needs to specify about the Level bit. Are we talking about current (on field) Level or original Level?

Transmodify was annoying in how you could never use Level-modifying effects to get more out of it. This card being a Field Spell sounds fun.

I remember a long time ago I disregarded that Level ruling of Transmodify and I went ahead and made Mystical Knight of Jackal/Ghost Knight of Jackal deck trying to use Transmodify on Constellar Kauss to get either of them out... Only to scrap the Deck in the end because I couldn't get Mystical Knight of Jackal out when I made Kauss changed his Level to 6. For that reason, I am venting my past frustration by making this to allow you to use current Levels.

Although, because the Level would no longer be current when the monster would leave the field... I have to make up some completely different wording altogether.

Archived