Peace in the Chaos

The Frost King

A LIGHT/DARK support field spell I thought of. Originally, I had made it a continuous spell, but then realized the gain 500 ATK effect could be abused and changed it to a field spell. Also, the card’s got a tiny back-story for fun.

IBaKo0S.png

Name: Peace in the Chaos

Type: Field Spell

Effect: All LIGHT and DARK monsters you control gain 300 ATK. When this card is activated: You can add 1 LIGHT or DARK monster from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters on the turn you activate this effect, except LIGHT or DARK monsters. When a LIGHT or DARK monster is Tributed or banished: You can draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of “Peace in the Chaos” once per turn.

[spoiler=Lore]“In another universe tthere is a world where angels and demons co-exist. Both sides have hated the other for the longest time. When a mass murder of angels is caused by a group of demons, it’s enough to spark a war between the two races. In the midst of the biggest battle yet in the war, there is peace between one angel and one demon. The angel is known as Joy, while the demon is named Sin. They are non-identical twins, reunited for the first time since they were separated at the age of 5. And the one thought that goes through each of their minds is, “Sister…” 

Huh? Add any DARK or LIGHT monster, with no other restrictions like a Level or stat requirements? That's too good, and the drawback barely matters if your deck is mostly DARK/LIGHT. Then it has an additional advantage-generating effect that would make a really sweet combo with Allure of Darkness, Gold Sarcophagus and who knows what else. How about grabbing Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and trigger the draw effect with its summoning condition? yeah...

Plus it benefits from Field Spell support and searchability: Terraforming, Set Rotation, Ancient Fairy Dragon/Destrudo.

IMO you are on the right track, but the effects should be toned down.

Huh? Add any DARK or LIGHT monster, with no other restrictions like a Level or stat requirements? That's too good, and the drawback barely matters if your deck is mostly DARK/LIGHT. Then it has an additional advantage-generating effect that would make a really sweet combo with Allure of Darkness, Gold Sarcophagus and who knows what else. How about grabbing Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and trigger the draw effect with its summoning condition? yeah...

Plus it benefits from Field Spell support and searchability: Terraforming, Set Rotation, Ancient Fairy Dragon/Destrudo.

IMO you are on the right track, but the effects should be toned down.

Yeah, I was thinking that the add effect without a cost would be a bit too OP. I'll probably tone it down and make it where you can't summon the monster you add to your hand that turn.

Archived