I've been sent on Sai's behalf to announce the cast. After talking it out quite a bit, and honestly having a lot of trouble making the last few decisions, we have a cast of twelve apps. These apps will be listed below.

1. Patton "Riptide" Grisaille
  2. Rain "The Merchant" Mirren
  3. Victor "Override" McCoy
  4. Mary "Bloody Mary" Borque
  5. Camille Leroux
  6. Randall "King" Dukes
  7. Devin "Precipice" Kismet
  8. Ririna Usami
  9. Arleigh "Kaliber" Schmid
  10. Eva "Gravedigger" Thanamor
  11. Inu "Mr. Gamaroshi" Gamaroshi
  12. Kessandra "Thunderclap" Branwen

Congratulations to all those that made it in! The RP should be starting tomorrow, so be ready to show us that we made good choices with our cast, okay? ^_~

Those of y'all who didn't make the cut, stay tuned. In the event that players are removed from the RP, they will be replaced by the apps that didn't quite make it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, due to people leaving the RP, and due to the fact we lost the list of people we were letting in, I am opening apps for new people. We have 3 spots available. 

If you had an app, then just link us to it, and we'll read it again. 

There's no time limit, due to the fact we already started. Let's do it.

As an addendum to the above, we are also accepting no more than TWO second apps from among the players that are already in this RP. We're doing this because while the cast is in theory plenty big, it wound up being smaller in practice because we're split up all the time. If anyone's been itching for a second app (I know I have, but will refrain (for now!)), now's your time to impress us.

'relinks her Taskmaster character'

I DO remember that he was one of the last snipped from the consideration list before you posted the original 12.

I actually recall why I ultimately called for this boy to be taken out of the running, which I can go into greater detail now that we have hero spoilers in the OP and it's being brought up. Basically, it was a continuity issue in the biography.

[spoiler=Infernal Hero]T50tO4L.png

Blaze

A city girl with a short temper, a big bone to pick with villains, and a pyromaniac streak a mile wide, Blaze is a pyromancing hero who takes matters into her own hands. When she wants to go in and fight the bad guy, she's going in and fighting the bad guy, and if she needs to lay down some collateral damage to get the job done, that happens to be her specialty. Seems that her fire is super-effective against demons and the like, and that they're the source of her power.

Blaze was meant to be a hero in this RP more or less from the get-go, who we will be seeing sometime in the future (along with a number of other heroes). Therefore, she can't possibly be dead. This shouldn't take much tweaking though; just enough that your guy escaped but without killing the hero. It also gives him somebody he wants revenge on, not entirely unlike Kess with Stormcrash. That kind of drive is nice to have.

Okay, now that I know why he was taken out, I can fix that. If I had known that from the get-go, the clash would not have likely occurred. However, Jack's addition would suggest that you guys' Blaze has a more-powerful version of pyromancy known as the Immortal Flame, which doesn't stop burning unless the user wants it to stop and if the hero dies while the flame is active...the flame can only be contained.

Another possibility is that maybe the hero that burned him was a different character, which only requires a rename. Pyromancy is likely a common power, honestly. That...would probably be saner to do, in all honesty. Mainly because if I alter it so that your Blaze is the Blaze that tried to kill him, it would suggest that your Blaze was controlled at certain points by Jack's adopted father and snapped for a while and the fight for Jack's life caused him to back off on hunting Voodoo for a little while. If you are okay with this, I can make the change to reflect this. (For now, I'm doing the name change until I hear otherwise.)

Okay, now that I know why he was taken out, I can fix that. If I had known that from the get-go, the clash would not have likely occurred. However, Jack's addition would suggest that you guys' Blaze has a more-powerful version of pyromancy known as the Immortal Flame, which doesn't stop burning unless the user wants it to stop and if the hero dies while the flame is active...the flame can only be contained.

Another possibility is that maybe the hero that burned him was a different character, which only requires a rename. Pyromancy is likely a common power, honestly. That...would probably be saner to do, in all honesty. Mainly because if I alter it so that your Blaze is the Blaze that tried to kill him, it would suggest that your Blaze was controlled at certain points by Jack's adopted father and snapped for a while and the fight for Jack's life caused him to back off on hunting Voodoo for a little while. If you are okay with this, I can make the change to reflect this.

I'll reread Jack's bio in greater detail tomorrow and PM you further details from there about how Blaze would be connected to all that stuff.

[spoiler=Filthy Apes!]

Name: Rusty

Race: Feline

Sex: Male

[spoiler=Appearance]

Normal Appearance

Robot Suit

Rusty is a slightly overweight orange tabby cat almost always seen in his "Villain Costume"-- a purple/yellow/white body-suit with altered front paws that allow him to grab and manipulate objects more easily, among a variety of other little features that HE won't tell!

His robot suit, dubbed "C.L.A.W.", stands at close to nine feet tall and weighs a great, great deal. That's totally what he looks like normally. No, no there's nothing piloting it don't worry about it.

[spoiler=Personality]

Rusty is extremely intelligent. By default he's far too intelligent for a cat, but beyond that he far exceeds the normal person. He has an incredible ego and hatred for humanity. As much as he loves high-quality pet food as well as being pet and cuddled, he is far, far too prideful to ever admit it. Rusty has a short attention span, and can often be a very energetic individual, and this often plays into his designs and work.

Rusty is also known for a very short fuse, and despite his intelligence, is easily flattered or fooled into giving excessive monologues. As skilled as he is in science and mechanics, he has a big flare for the arts and the dramatic, fancying himself quite the actor (despite what his reviews or grades may suggest). He'll call himself a connoisseur, but he ultimately won't know his way around an art gallery very well.

[spoiler=Biography]

Rusty was the pet cat of a certain Verel Harlin, PhD. Dr. Harlin was a highly accomplish biologist and experimented greatly in genetic manipulation. His ultimate goal was to accelerate human evolution to create an army of super-soldiers with which to take over the world. However, his experiment had gone wrong when his pet cat, Rusty, had found itself in the testing chamber after chasing a toy. The equipment went haywire, and the ensuing explosion destroyed the lab, killed Dr. Harlin, and left behind an extremely intelligent feline.

With his owner dead, Rusty went out into the world in search of a new home. However, he was unable to find any place that could accommodate his tastes, hated being treated as a baby, and if he didn't find himself mistreated by delinquents he was on the run as a "talking cat" trying to escape life being dissected in a lab or on display as a carnival attraction. Eventually, Rusty had returned to his previous owner's secret lab, and learning and using the tools, constructed for himself the means to build a suit, with hopes to build a robotic army to take over the world, use Harlin's equipment to create a race of intelligent cats, and enslave humanity.

Of course, school comes first! Rusty has had trouble getting his feet off the ground as a villain, and after much consideration has concluded that he first requires professional instruction from the most prestigious institution in and under the world!

Villain Information

Alias: Dr. Claw, the Great and Terrible

Powers: On his own, Rusty is just an Extremely Intelligent Cat. With his suit, he has access to a wide variety of gadgets and tools (including, but not limited to, a jetpack) and a small laser weapon. In his robotic suit, he has access to incredible strength and firepower with a bristling array of creative and destructive weapons. Of course, with such a large and weighty suit, it's much slower and bulkier to move than a small cat with tools, but sometimes a self-destruct button comes into use.

[spoiler=C.L.A.W. powers]

Herculean Strength - C.L.A.W. is frickin' SWOLE. Watch out, its left hook packs a mean punch!

​Repulse Cannon - The signature weapon of Rusty's robot suit uses an absurdly advanced weapon that launches spheres of warped space. The energy fired has a very strong repulsion effect on loose objects it comes into contact with, sending them flying in the opposite direction. Against walls or larger objects, it will bounce off with incredible force, but not without leaving a massive dent or significant damage in its wake. The orbs will bounce a few times before losing stability and collapsing into themselves, which can have a similar effect of pulling objects towards itself briefly. The cannon can also be set to fire a continuous "warp beam". Contact with the beam will have a similar effect as the sphere, but has a much more destructive effect over time on fixed objects as it doesn't bounce or reflect.

Repulse Fist - C.L.A.W.'s left arm has a similar warp-field generator as his cannon, but rather than being used to propel the warp field at high velocities it instead opts to wrap the warp field around the machine's fore-arm instead. Like I said, it packs a mean punch. The field can be slammed down and "burst", creating a wider, but weaker, explosion of force.

Repulse Shield - The warp field around the fore-arm can be extended to a wide range creating a force-field that deflects all physical projectiles and weakens energy-based projectiles. However, extending the warp field's range weakens the repulsion and the field, so the field breaks after taking enough hits, and deflected projectiles will not hit nearly as hard.

Self Destruct - Detonating C.L.A.W.'s fusion reactor sets off a mean explosion! Don't worry, it ejects the pilot before blowing up.

[spoiler=Rusty's Bag of Tricks]

Jet Cat - Built into C.L.A.W.'s auto-ejection system is a robust flight system that Rusty can use to, well, fly around.

Laser Gauntlets - Built into his costume's gloves are powerful little pew-pew lasers. Useful as weapons, cutters, or even a lock-pick! (if melting the lock counts)

Heating and Cooling System - Rusty's costume is environmentally controlled. Always cozy!

Slick Visor - The glasses on his costume aren't just for show! Built into them are thermal and infrared imaging, as well as a short-range motion-detection system.

Arc Mittens - Rusty's gloves are tooled with a variety of interface options, including miniature arc-welders for precise touch-ups. These can also pack a sting!

Professionally Manicured Claws - They're sharp!

[spoiler=Classes]

Period 1 - History

Period 2 - Mechanics

Period 3 - Art

Period 4 - Theatrics

Period 5 - Software

Period 6 - Chemistry

Period 7 - Math

Period 8 - Power Management

[spoiler=Misc.]

• Expect all the logical Cat Weaknesses. "No! Catnip! My kryptonite!"
  • Considers cold cereal "the kibble for humans".
  • Somehow doesn't have or doesn't even know what a "Smart Phone" is.

rebel 2
fight

[spoiler=For a Better World]

k3j8ctT.png?1

"I will clean this world of corruption, no matter what it takes!"

Personal Info

Name: Natalia "The Smoke" Egorov
Sex: Female

[spoiler=Appearance]

__original_drawn_by_kim_eb__sample-0067a

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 76.4 lbs

[spoiler=Personality]

"What's a few lives to the hundreds that villains take?"

While she can get rather passionate about her ideals and mission, Natalia is overall a calm and collected person. She is also not afraid to tell people what's on her mind, which can come as a shock sometimes due to her relatively soft voice. While she's not confrontational, she is not afraid to get into spats with people, especially with those who are "wrong".

She wants the world to be a better place, seeing it as a cesspool of corruption. Seeing no one do what she thinks is enough to stop it, she has taken it upon herself to purge the world of this corruptions - at any costs. Her conviction and resolve to this ideal - and, in general, any opinion she has - is strong; borderline reckless.

She has a disdain for authority - either they're corrupt, too naive to realize the web they sit on, or are too weak to do anything about it. In general she doesn't trust people, especially those she thinks are weak or plotting something sinister. Alongside her disdain for authority, she hates villains even more; especially those that kill civilians. Despite this hate, however, she does have more respect for the villains than those that bend over to the will of others.

[spoiler=Biography]

"If it takes a villain to save this world, then so be it."

Natalia was born in the upper city, living as an only child with her parents. One of her parents, her father, was a hero who went by the Moonlight Hero, Eclipse. She used to admire him, hearing lessons over lessons on justice from both of her parents, and how it was his duty to protect the innocence. His dream was to raise Natalia as a up and coming hero due to her early appearance of her power. This also became a young Natalia's dream - to become a hero and protect people.

Natalia began to notice something... odd. She saw that he wasn't fighting a huge array of villains, but rather the same 2 or 3. In fact, some of them she could of sworn she had seen her dad lock away. At the young age of 9, she asked her father about it, who simply brushed her off. He told her that was just the way things were, and that he'd be there to stop them every time they came back. This satisfied Natalia for a few years, but as time went off it just did not sit right with her.

As Natalia grew up, she started questioning things more. She thought about the issue her dad was having with the reoccurring villains, and then it hit her. Excited to have come up with the solution, she gleefully ran up to her father one day and told him her plan. She said that, if they removed the villains permanently, they would not be able to come back to hurt anyone else ever again. This, of course, appalled Eclipse. He explained to Natalia that killing wasn't the option, and would make her just as bad as they were. While she accepted that answer, something didn't feel right about it. 

One tragic evening, while Natalia was only 12, her mother was shot and killed during a robbery at their local corner shop. Natalia was there to see it all, paralyzed in fear at first. However, when she saw her mother's limp body something clicked. With sudden, smokey movements she managed to get the robber to drop his gun. Picking it up, she aimed it at the robber's head ready to pull the trigger on the bastard. However, when she saw the look of fear in his eyes, she froze. Her hesitation gave the robber enough time to push the girl off of her and run away. She dropped the gun and collapsed into tears, staying hunched over her mother's corpse until the authorities came. 

She blames her father for what happened - not only should he have been there, but she had seen the robber before. It was one of the villains that he had imprisoned time and time again. Despite him trying to explain that he was busy dealing with a super villain at the time, she was having none of it. She would have reoccurring nightmares of the event from that day forward, seeing the face of her mother's killer as she was about to blow his brains out. 

She became above the idea of villains and heroes - what this world needed was a purge. The heroes seemed content with constantly fighting the same villains despite all the collateral damage both caused to the world around them, and villains were, well, villains. Every time this thought came to her mind, however, she was reminded of her nightmares. She cursed her father for having injected this weakness into her, and decided that she needed to try and get rid of it while also getting stronger. A hero school, like she had planned to go to, wouldn't work out with her newfound ideology. Instead, she heard word of a villain school at lower haven. The fact that such a thing existed disgusted her, but it was the only way she saw her plan working out. Begrudgingly, she managed to get herself enrolled onto the school for villains.

Villain Info

Allias: The Smoke

[spoiler=Powers]

Ashes to Ashes

Natalia's power is threefold - first off, she is able to emit a purple smoke from any part of her body. Naturally, Natalia can see through this smoke just fine. She can also manipulate this smoke while it is in the air, being able to send a blast of smoke that has surprising force, or contain it in specific shapes. Doing so, however, requires concentration at the task at hand. Meanwhile, simply letting the smoke go and do its natural thing takes no conscious effort.

The second part of her abilities is that she can turn herself into the same smoke, being able to turn specific parts of her body into smoke or even turning completely into smoke. She can move relatively quickly while in a smoky form, although she cannot fly too high upward. She is also vulnerable to winds or anything that could remove smoke while being in smoke. She can sort of "phase" through things like smoke can - mainly through object the smoke can quickly move around, but not through walls. She is able to turn into this smoky form relatively quickly, although it is not instant.

The final part of her powers is that she doesn't need to breath to survive. While more specifically this allowed her to stay in her smoke for as long as she pleases, it also has other utility outside of smoke such as being underwater. 

[spoiler=Classes]
1st Period: Psychology
2nd Period: Free Period
3rd Period: Art
4th Period: Theatrics
5th Period: History
6th Period: Chemistry
7th Period: Math
8th Period: Power Management

Theme: Smoke on the Water
Battle Theme: Fire
Birthday: February 14th

hi i'm back friends, i was inspired

[spoiler=How Divine!]
30xefeh.jpg

“Mari will guide us. All of us.”

General Information

Name: Elita Thomas

[spoiler=Appearance]

44FTIpW.jpg

Elita stands at roughly 5’11, give or take a few inches depending on if she’s wearing high heels at the time. She doesn’t disclose her weight very often, but it’s noted that it tends to fluctuate depending on if she’s using her power a lot recently.

[spoiler=Personality]

Elita sees herself as a Prophet of a Forgotten Goddess, destined to bring her back to the forefront of the religious world, by any means necessary. Her personality is energetic when talking about her ‘position’ and eager to draw people into her fold, though she doesn’t ‘pressure’ people into joining her. She believes they will all see the light at some point, no matter how resistant they are. As a result, she’s friendly to everyone she talks to, hoping to speed the process along while keeping good will with as many as she can to avoid making things awkward later. 

Beyond that, her energy transitions to most things in her life. She’s eager and pleasant to be around, if not a little bit overbearing at times, while still maintaining an air of composure when things are serious. She frequent references the ‘teachings’ of her Goddess to those around her, especially things that she thinks might be relevant to the situation at hand, as she believes that even the simplest action can have meaning from Mari.

The most damning part of her personality though is how she doesn’t see herself as a villain. She’s justified her attendance of visiting the academy as an ‘olive branch’ to the poor, lost souls in the underworld, to bring them back towards Mari and into her light…

But her view of doing that by any means required definitely qualifies her as a villain. She has no problem abusing her power to try and manipulate people into trusting her, or seeing her as something greater than she actually is, and will actively try to figure out the emotions of people around her in an attempt to work her way into their good graces. Despite her relatively unassuming appearance, she can have a way with words which catches people off guard.

She's more than happy to pull emotional tricks on people who open up to her if she feels she can show them the 'right' path to follow, and her ultimate goal isn't to be the most powerful, but... To bring back her beloved Goddess, the one who she knows will set things right in the world. She may not know what right is, but she knows someone who does.

[spoiler=Biography]
Born in Toulouse, France to a moderately well off family, Elita has a simple life. She didn’t really struggle in school, and her parents were loving, despite being busy to maintain their lifestyle…

As a child, even as a toddler, Elita seemed oddly perceptive. She was always around to comfort her parents when things had gone wrong with something they were working on, and she often acted a pillar of support for her friends and loved ones as she grew older. It wasn’t uncommon for her to act as a confidant for those who were suffering through hard times, it wasn’t hard to imagine why. She seemed to ooze confidence and concern to those who knew her, often drawing out the worst of their troubles without having to do much at all. After chats with her, it always seemed like her friends would leave feeling better, and she would beam and give them a tight hug before leaving herself.

This never really changed, but once she turned 13, she… Became oddly spiritual. It wasn’t too weird, her mother was a practicing Catholic and regularly would bring her daughter to services with her, but from 13 on, she took a role in the church that even her mother didn’t expect. She began to research things, and started to look for different prophets and those associated with the religion, though… She always seemed to be disappointed by what she had learned. She started spending more time out of her house, and in local libraries and archives, scouring for anything…

It wasn’t until her 14th birthday that her mother had realized just how much time Elita had been spending outside of the house in those musty archives, thanks to Elita attempting to cover it up. She questioned Elita, trying to draw out what her daughter had been up to…

“Mari spoke to me, and said I need to find her.”

Elita said that with such conviction… And her mother just looked at her with confusion. She tried to draw out more information from her, but Elita knew nothing else, besides a single name. Elita didn’t frame it as something religious, but her mother knew something strange was happening. She talked with Elita’s father and the two decided they needed to watch Elita more carefully.

It was around this time that Elita had began to grow more aware of her powers. Her parents weren’t special. They didn’t understand the gift she had, or how important her search was, so she began to distance herself from them. She listened to the weary who needed a shoulder to cry on. She talked to those on their way to work on the subway. She began to understand what her special thing was. She could soothe people, she could help them… She could understand them.

So she did. For a year, she devoted herself to bettering her home, to helping those who were down. She spent much of her time at homeless shelters, volunteering and bringing calm to those that she could. It was through her volunteer work that she had met with some… Unsavory people, with criminal pasts. Over the course of the year, she believed that this deity was talking to her, guiding her to do good and help those who needed it... 

While normally, this wouldn’t be an issue, she steadily became more unstable in her devotion to her cause. While she rarely caused any physical harm to people, she began to twist people’s emotions to manipulate them, using her knowledge to pry into their weaknesses, their fears. The more she worked and learned her abilities, the more Mari spoke to her, guided her… She heard rumors of an underground world, full of people who she could help. Who cared if they were villains? Everyone can stray from the light, it can happen to anyone, she thought. They were no less deserving of help. She managed to get into contact with a few people who had connections to this underground world to help her get enrolled into Center Lowhaven High, where she could pursue her goal. Bring these lost souls into contact with Mari, and hone her powers to the point where, one day, the entire world would be able to see Mari once again...

Villain Information

Alias: Prophet

[spoiler=Powers]
Empath

Elita's power stems from her ability to sense and ‘read’ the emotions of other people, allowing her to determine the moods and temperaments of other people without needing to spend too much time around them. Using this, an Empath can become very adept at using their knowledge of other's emotions to try and manipulate people, or attack them in personal ways if they wish to do so.

But her powers don't stop there, as that's just a general application of her ability. Empath's come in all kinds of flavors, but for Elita, her main capability is Empathic Healing. She has the capability to take the pain of others onto herself, letting them ignore the pain as if the wound never happened... Without healing the wound. She can use this on her allies to help get them to a safe location and get them physical help, or to take on the burden of an emotional wound they've suffered.

Of course, she can also use it on her enemies, taking their pain and making it to where they might not notice a wound, letting them make the injury worse and strain their bodies in ways they wouldn't normally if they aren't aware of her powers. She isn’t extremely adept at this at the moment, only able to use it when she’s in direct contact with people, thus making it extremely hard to use in combat of any sort. Instead, she’s used it as a way to further her Prophet role.

She could have those who were lame walk, bring the sick out of their beds for periods of time, and even let the blind ‘see’... Or at least feel like they could see for a brief moment of time. She would tell them it’s all part of her faith, allowing her to heal those… Though it wouldn’t last if they didn’t devote themselves to Mari.

While the emotion sensing part of her power is almost always in effect to some degree, the second one is more focused and she has to be in contact with her target to be able to use it. A more skilled Empath could do this from a distance, but it would require a degree of control that she won’t have for a long time.

Similarly, an Empath such as her could manipulate a person’s emotions with proper training, and impose her own emotions over top of what someone else would be feeling. This is, unfortunately, an extremely high level technique, and her ultimate goal in an attempt to ‘revive’ her Goddess.

[spoiler=Classes]

2nd Period: Magic
3rd Period: Linguistics
7th Period: Free Period
8th Period: Power Management (Mandatory)

Miscellaneous

• Her Birthday is August 16th.
  • She doesn’t take well to people attempting to lie to her. Those with a good control of their emotions can get away with it easily, but those who are more impulsive might have trouble with it, thanks to her Empathy. She won’t call them out on it generally, but she gets twitchy around compulsive liars.
  • She carries around a variety of simple headache and pain medications in her purse. When she doesn’t want to use her powers, she’ll often offer to share them, but she can be seen taking them to keep her own suffering to a minimum after using her powers.
  • She doesn't believe that other religions are a threat. She 'knows' Mari is forgotten now, and can't hope to overwhelm them in the near future. She believes it's a long term game, and she's just here to help it begin.
  • She's interested in checking out the Cooking Club at the moment. She loves to make food!

[spoiler=Born a Normie, Became Extraordinary]

bBsZzJB.png

"Did ya really think I wasn't gonna catch that? I caught that and at least twenty-two other secrets everyone's tried hiding today."

Name: Jack Ames

Sex: Male

[spoiler=Appearance]HzzKcYf.png

Standing at 6'1" and weighing in at 187 lbs, Jack Ames is of dark skin that's almost Indian in nature with eyes adorned by long eyelashes and lavender irises as well as wild dark hair of a purplish-blue coloration. He has a lean build due to working out on his own, and he's rather dexterous with the long fingers on his hands. He has to be to multitask to his level. He wears a white, short-sleeved shirt under a buttonless jacket made of black denim, though he sometimes swaps out this shirt for a thin white turtleneck with a high collar. His jeans are made of the same material and he wears steel-toed leather boots for kicking with. He wears gold hoop earrings in both ears and he wears a simple golden chain around his neck, though its strong and sturdy enough to support the weight of smaller devices, like a magical amulet for a random example. On top of his head is a wide-brimmed black denim hat with a light-gray band around the base. He also often wears black gloves meant to keep his internal heat from affecting the things he touches.

While he does show some skin, specifically his face, neck and hands, the rest of his body is covered due to all the horrific scarring from the burns he suffered and still suffers from. If he had to change clothes for something, he never changes in front of others because of this. There are even several points of his body where the skin still has not fully grown back and sometimes disappears from again, requiring those areas to be constantly wrapped with waterproof medical tape. The state of his body is a testament to the permanent mark left on his body by the one hero he ever had to fight before. Even without taking into account the burns, the palms of his hands have plenty of knife marks from when he cut them to begin activating new Task Dolls.

[spoiler=Personality]If Jack was to be honest with himself, he's actually thankful that it was a villain that ended up taking him in and under his wing, even with the rough ride with the life he's had so far. Though he never managed to get information on the hero that ended his parents' lives, he has grown to despise the heroes of the surface and their twisted self-righteousness. He has not allowed the fact that he's moved down to Lowhaven stop his search, it has only put a pause to it for the time being. He has also grown to hate the 'normal' people on the surface, the ones that praise these inflated heroes...he also hates the fact that until his eyes were opened to the truth, he was one of those same people himself. While he originally hated them from a distance after that revelation, his anger changed to more of a literal flame when he was literally burned alive by a superhero that was too eager to 'purge' evil. While he hasn't fully figured out what he wants to do with his life, he knows that heroes like that crazy need to be purged, especially for being hypocritical in regards to claiming to protect life when they have no issues with executing them instead. He plans on making a point with being a villain if he ultimately pursuits such a life, that someone like him is a direct result of the society above the surface.

Growing up, he kept himself away from the other kids more to stay sane, never sure if he was supposed to make friends with people he might potentially never see again the next day. So, he was always reading, keeping himself sane and entertained in his own way. During the time he had spent with Stalo, he did not spend a lot of time with those other than his adoptive father. In fact, he had been relatively isolated from the outside world while being home-schooled, so he's actually not really sure how he'd behave around others upon going to school with other students, especially with his constant state of awareness having him catch what he probably shouldn't often times. While he may try to come off as confident and slightly cocky, he's actually quite nervous about how things will play out. He's also really hoping that he can get a room to himself, because he has to keep his room extremely cold in order to control his body temperature while he's asleep...and by cold, I mean as close to 0 degrees Celsius/32 degrees Fahrenheit without a blanket or sheet over him, clothing also optional beyond his touch-desensitization suit.

He's joining the school under Stalo's urging, the elder saying that he needs to finally make friends as a whole, or at least acquire valuable allies. He's not exactly sure how to do so, but he doesn't want to disappoint the very man that gave him a better chance at life. Either way, he's due for quite the culture shock, since his use of technology growing up was admittedly minimal, maybe watched the news on the television, but that was about it. In regards to how he was trained to act around people that warrant respect, it's very easy to mistake him for someone that's spent some time in Japan, though he doesn't use honorfics.

[spoiler=Biography]Like many new to joining Lowhaven High this year, he's another non-native to the city. How he earned his way into the city, however, was a bit of a wild ride, one I shall have to start from the begin for.

Jack hails from Austin, TX, one of the weirdest cities in at least the state if not the nation if you knew where to look. Made an orphan when he was still less than a year old due to heroes killing both of his parents during a robbery gone wrong (he found out later that his parents were the robbers who did so in desperation), Jack grew up to slowly despise the system he lived in, which did only what was required to take care of its 'wards of the state'. He eventually got out of the system at the age of 14, when he would up picking the pocket of a Lowhaven citizen that had come to the foster home he was staying at to possibly find an apprentice.

The man that adopted him, Stalo 'Voodoo' Merino, after Jack managed to get into the basement floors, began trying to teach him how to make use of his particular art so that it would not die with him. However, after a few months, two things were discovered. One was that Jack's potential for magic was stunted, a normal person had more potential than him. The other was that, once something was surgically-implanted into him that functioned as a miniature second heart, his interactions with the voodoo dolls were different than usual.

Stalo, after some time, figured out a good use for this altered use of voodoo magic. So, he pushed the youth into training his mind to expand his awareness and focus. After all, if one knew what was happening everywhere you'd have a set of eyes, you could catch everything that happened. It took six months of training before Jack's mind finally settled in a way that it could pay attention to two very different sensory points of view and the same time without the royally-splitting headache the attempts would make. Once his brain finally figured out how to do this level of multitasking, Jack was pushed to expand his ability to multitask further and further. Now, he's in constant awareness of everything in his surroundings, and can't really shut this mentality off beyond calling the 'Blank', 'Silence' and 'Lose' Tasks for any dolls that had active either 'Observe', 'Listen' or 'Track'.

Recently, Jack had the nastiest of experience with a hero, though she did not live to tell the tale. After nearly getting cooked alive after getting trapped in the basement levels by a pyromancer hero with a vengeance against his adoptive father named Fajro, Jack managed to escape within an inch of his life by finishing the one Task Doll now capable of wielding an element (specifically the eternal flame) in combat. Fajro managed to escape after the doll he has named the Armagnis-Sai tried to kill her in gory and fiery ways, but ultimately unsucceeded.

Jack was lucky Stalo showed up as soon as he did because even though he was no longer in the flames filling the basement, the boy's body was still burning internally. When he awoke, he was in a hospital room that was not in a hospital. Apparently, an extremely-powerful regeneration spell had been cast upon him to undo the damage already dealt to his body overall as well as keep fighting the internal heat he's still suffering from. It is hypothesized that he may wind up with a pseudo-immortality because of the power behind the spell that had been anchored to him, but that only keeps the flames held back and from him dying of natural causes. He'll definitely still kick it if someone tries to actively kill him and hits their marks.

Once Jack had 'fully' recovered (meaning that if covered up except for his head, hands and maybe his neck and can move around without severe pain), he discovers that Stalo had bought replacements for a lot of their things as well as gave Jack a sack large enough to put the Armganis-Sai doll in after it has followed the 'Revert' Task. It was a heatproof bag that has an enchantment on it that functions like a bag of holding for his Task Dolls. Jack gets in the packed-up vehicle with Stalo, and they both make it to Lowhaven. Jack almost did not get in, despite being adopted by a Lowhaven citizen, but once Stalo mentioned that he fought a hero with minimal training and survived and which hero it was, they reluctantly let him in as well.

Now, Jack's here under Stalo's urging, in hopes that he will further blossom as a villain. While unsure what to expect, he does do so anyway, not wishing to disappoint him...not yet, at least.

Villain Information

Alias: Taskmaster

[spoiler=Powers][spoiler=Actual Powers][spoiler=Not Quite Immortal (Conditional Immortality)]The only traditional 'power' Jack really has is a limited immortality. He is unable to die due to old age, and his body will never deteriorate due to his ever-increasing age. If he's careful, he can easily see 200+ years of age because of this. This means that many age-related diseases would never come to affect him, either. However, he still damned well can be killed by other means. This is something he keeps silent about since he doesn't want people who would want him dead to actively try to kill him, especially among those with longer lifespans, since they would realize that old age won't cause him to permanently funk off. This is sourced from a high-level regeneration spell that had to be woven into him that also had to be immune to most attempts of magical negation, which fights off the permanent burns his body suffers. If the spell ever is undone, he will instantly die as a literal puddle of flesh.

[spoiler=I Hear All, I See All, I Command All (Task Dolls)]Jack is often times seen working with small clay figures, even during class times, to some teachers' aggravations. The clay used for these figures, no larger than typical action figures usually, are unique in function and are referred to by Jack as 'Task dolls'. With a prick of his blood, the density of these figures changes to match the density of something larger, requiring Jack to keep a special case that creates an anti-gravity field within it to carry many of these 'activated' figures on his person.

Each figure is programmed with a specific set of Tasks upon creation, which they follow to the best of their ability, and cannot be programmed further. While he can create figures that can use various methods of attack, such as fire or electricity, how powerful they become depends on his own personal exposure to those elements and how close he comes to death from it during the final steps of a figure's initial creation. Also, outside of when certain Tasks are active, these figures are incapable of hearing anyone except Jack. Jack knows how to make the clay used for these figures and the 'activating' ingredient for them is a sliver of his own blood so that they develop a pseudo mental-link with their creator. It is through this link that how to follow the various Tasks are given.

In the case of any Task related to receiving sensory information, all sense-based ability is based on his own senses. Outside of the Tasks, while a doll is 'Open', they are autonomous but are only capable of following their Tasks. Unless given the 'Guard' Task to defend themselves, they have no concept of self-preservation. The dolls' resilience, ability to harm and abilities depend on how they are crafted and the intent behind them. Combat-centric dolls are far sturdier than other types, for example. Most of the dolls he does have are based on the various birds that appear in Texas, and so can fly about. They are also not considered as either alive or human, despite the presence of human blood in the case of the later. Due to the density of the activated dolls, even after the 'Revert' Task is used, he stores all his dolls in a bag that's both heatproof and is effectively a bag of holding. However only the dolls can be stored in there, anything else is pushed back out after a few minutes.[spoiler=The Current List of Tasks]As time moves forward, this list of commands will eventually expand, but hopefully not too fast for this RP.

~Open/Revert: 'Open' is the Task that is given to all of his figures, no exceptions. When this command is given, the figure he's holding begins to move and, if needed, enlarge to an appropriate size for the shape. 'Revert' is the Task given to cause a figure to return to its original state, though it keeps its new compressed density.

~Observe/Blank: Observe is the Task that Jack can give a figure to have them watch over something, but purposely not listen to what's happening around them.

'Blank' is the Task to cease this action.

~Listen/Silence: 'Listen' functions like 'Observe', but with sounds instead. 'Silence' stops this Task.

~Track/Cease: 'Track' records both sound and visual as it attempts to follow the chosen 'prey' everywhere. 'Cease' stops this.

~Seek/Lose: 'Seek', unlike 'Track', causes the figure to actively search for something it doesn't know the location for immediately before continuing on as if under 'Track'. 'Lose' is the Task given to cause the figure to allow the figure to stop following/searching for the intended target.

~Reveal/Close: Often paired with 'Observe', 'Listen', 'Track' and 'Seek', this command begins actively sending Jack projections of what they pick up to his mind. Because of his ability to multitask (see the next 'power'), this doesn't distract him from anything else he's doing, though.

~Guard/Flee: 'Guard' is as it says, it's the Task for protecting a specific person/being/thing. 'Flee' is not exactly running away from the task, but instead, the figure backing down from the task and withdrawing into itself.

~Kill/Halt: You have funked up if 'Kill' is the Task given. While only a rare number of figures he makes are capable of this Task, the ones that are specifically made for this are more than able to handle it. When the 'Kill' Task is given to a figure, your only hope is for Jack to tell the figure to 'Halt'. Otherwise, it will keep going and trying to hunt down and kill the target, no matter what happens to it. In the case of inanimate objects being 'Kill'ed, it becomes the Task to fully destroy it instead. As of now, he only has one figure linked to this Task, and it is a fire-based one.

~Takedown/Back Up: The significantly less-permanent version of 'Kill', 'Takedown' aims to render a being unconscious. For inanimate objects, it means to deal significant damage, but still leave it repairable. 'Back Up' is the Task to end 'Takedown'.

~Obey/Rebel: This is the only time the figures will obey someone other than Jack. When Jack gives the 'Obey' Task, the figure, in turn, begins obeying the orders of the specified target. However, the new Taskmaster cannot give a Task that runs counter to Jack's Tasks, they cannot follow a Task they were not programmed with upon original activation, nor can they be Tasked to inflict any form of harm towards Jack.

[spoiler=Unique Task Dolls (may expand during the length of the RP)]The dolls listed here are the ones that would be near-impossible to replace for one reason or another.

Name: Armagnis-Sai[spoiler=Appearance]O0MuLLu.png

The Armagnis-Sai doll becomes a horse-sized canine with primarily vivid-red fur and neon-green bands around its paws and multiples of the same around its tail in addition to an underbelly of the same color. It has a slightly dark-yellow mane and vivid-yellow ears that could be mistaken for frayed ribbons. Out of its back emerges a long leathery tendril that's capable of wielding even two-handed weapons, such as claymores, with ease. Its eyes are pure black and its nose, fangs and claws are of the same color.

Doll Type: Combat

Programmed Tasks: Open/Revert, Track/Cease, Seek/Lose, Reveal/Close, Guard/Flee, Takedown/Back Up, Kill/Halt

Unique Traits: Can make use of the immortal flame that both it and Jack had been burned with to fight offensively. Will often ignite itself to give it an aura of flame, but keep it from burning whatever was physically touching it when it initially flares up.

Jack's state at original Activation: Jack was near dead when this awoke while both were being burned. It's not likely that this doll's strength will be passed in an elemental standpoint anytime soon.

Can this ever be replaced?: Yes, but Jack isn't eager to attempt a Round 2 to make a second one.

[spoiler=Can be Replicated by a Normie with Training][spoiler=My Mind is Everywhere (Extreme Multitasking)] When it comes to time-management, attention-splitting and focus, Jack's got that covered in spades. For example, in the time a normal student would have one paper written, he's got one done for all of his classes in the same time frame...which often leaves him with way too much free time literally. This level of ability to focus on so many things at once allows him to catch what many would miss, allowing him to spot the weaknesses of his would-be opponents sooner than most above all else. Quite a few teachers will soon realize that, just because he doesn't seem like he's paying attention, doesn't mean he isn't. A random pop-quiz about all that was talked about in the last 15 minutes of class can reveal this fact clearly. He can use this in combination with his smaller, flight-capable Task Dolls to keep up with all of his classes at once, even if he's stuck in bed due to illness. However, this comes with a bit of a caveat. It's near impossible for him to sleep. He has to not only 'Revert' all his dolls, he has to wear both a blindfold over his eyes and a set of sleep-muffs over his ears to have the chance to fall asleep.

[spoiler=Combat (prefer)ability]In regards to getting into a fight, his preferred method is with sporting rifles, especially with melee-hardened ones so that when someone's too close or he runs out of bullets, he can still deliver some serious pain. If he has to use traditional melee weapons, he's more than at home with a pair of daggers or a whip in his hands.

[spoiler=More Weakness than Power][spoiler=I'm Literally Too Hot to Handle (High Body Temperature)]This is not as much a power as it is a consequence of past events. Ever since getting burned as badly as he was by the hero Fajro, his body is still burning internally with only the regeneration spell on him keeping him from literally cooking from the inside out. Because of this, however, his clothes have to be at least heatproof and he is forced to keep others from touching his skin at risk of getting a heat burn. When awake, he almost always has to have some form of super-cold beverage in hand to drink, to the point that he's one of the few allowed to have beverages in the classrooms. When he's asleep, he has to have the temperature turned down often as cold as it can go to sleep somewhat comfortably...as if he did not already have problems with sleep. He also doesn't need to cook raw meat before eating it because of this, since it literally cooks while he chews. He's developed a bit of a taste for blood because of this. Needless to say, this wierds out someone who doesn't know this about him when he literally chomps into a raw steak.

[spoiler=Classes]1st Period: Psychology

3rd Period: Art

4th Period: PE

7th Period: Biology

After School: Newspaper Club

~Unlike most students, he doesn't need a free period. He has more than enough free time already.~

[spoiler=Misc.]Jack Ames was originally the father figure of a character I have in a Pokemon Tabletop United (P.T.U. aka Pokemon D20) campaign. Originally, his wife had wound up bearing a son that had embedded into the kid the same wish-granting powers as a Jirachi, due to being born because of the same-named Pokemon. When the kid was still an infant in that RP, Jack wished for his specific brand of immortality, then almost immediately after it was granted wished to seal the infant's power and make it so that they can't reawaken on their own.

The alias 'Taskmaster' is also sourced from P.T.U., and is one of the Trainer Classes that this character had. Taskmaster characters are absolutely cruel to their Pokemon, even going as far as injuring them to force them to bring out their all. The other two Trainer classes he has in that campaign are Provocateur (which allows Trainers to use the power of the spoken word to harm/piss off the foe) and Roughneck (which allows Trainers to get involved in the fight directly and do so in downright-dirty ways).

Someone figured this out later, but apparently, if you swap out the 'me' in Ames for an 's', his full name turns into Jack Ass...which was completely unintentional.

Once the classes begin, he's unsure how the Power Management class would work for someone like him. Outside of his Task Dolls and his extreme degree of multitasking, he's not sure this is a class that even applies to him.

Theme Song: Bring Me Back To Life - Extreme Music

Battle Song: For the River - Nickelback

Actual Voice: Control (Male Version) - Halsey and 54288

[spoiler=Flavor Apps linked to this character][spoiler=The Immortal Puppetmaster]

"If you only knew my original plans for you, my young Taskmaster."

Current Name: Stalo Merino

~Current Body: 72

~Total: Good question, even he doesn't remember anymore

Sex: Male[spoiler=Current Appearance]e39d7f4ff51a9ad3ac40895e37cc0d18.jpg

Currently, as Stalo Merino, he actually has to look up to meet Jack's eyes, due to standing at 5'11. He weighs in a 210lbs and is almost all muscle under his clothes, which is uncommon among magic users like himself. He maintains an air of professionalism, which stretches into even his clothes for relaxing, and his presence silently commands respect from those around him.

[spoiler=Personality]Respect. He both demands and give it, no matter if he's dealing with hero, villain or civilian when not actively engaging in villainous acts. Needlessly making enemies during daily life has, more often than not, caused many a villain to meet an early end, and his long existence has shown that he has more than learned that lesson from other villains and heroes collectively. The earth itself, he has high respect for, preferring to keep destruction to man-made structures while keeping damage to nature itself as minimal as possible. After all, it's pointless to take over a world that's doomed to death. Recent acts of villainy could actually be labeled as anti-heroism, for he has been aiming for those among civilians especially whom recklessly destroy the world for the sake of greed.

While he tries not to do so, sometime he says something that reveals his true age, such as mentioning things that happened at least a century ago. He has witnessed many heroes and villains rise and fall, knows all of their preferred names for use. A few lifespans spent among Japanese culture has him recently endeared to them, especially how well-drilled the concept of respect is into them. Because of this, he has even drilled his most-recent ward, Jack Ames, much of their culture.

[spoiler=Biography]Stalo was originally born with a different name an indiscernible time in the past. He was once a young man of African descent, the child of shamans in a small, tight-knit clan whose name was lost to history. He was to be taught the ways of the clan's magic, as it was his role in the clan. He was a perfect model for the clan, obedient to the wishes of the Ioa that aid the clan in prosperity.

However, even with all the years of following the wishes of the Ioa and allowing the blessings of prosperity come to them, a curse fell upon them by the same Ioa the clan followed and served loyally for many generations. Nothing the man could do appeased the Ioa, nor could he understand why they were acting as they did. It confused and frightened the man, who was forced to watch as each person in his clan fell ill other than him to a strange force. Each person was ill for exactly 13 days before finally falling unconscious and never reawakening.

Upon the slumber of both the chief and his woman, the man cried out to the Ioa, finally demanding in hysterics why this was happening. The man, without intending to, had opened himself up for possession upon wishing for this answer, and a foul spirit entered him, one of the darker spirits amoung the Ioa, that had been waiting in the shadows for an opportunity.

Your people have done nothing wrong, the ones you serve are the one that were to be punished for their unseen sins, but they shifted their judgement onto your people to save themselves, it whispered into the man's mind with poisonous yet true words, words that he felt should be ignored, but he could not stop himself from listening. You are the last, but you need not allow yourself to flee the world as they would have you do. You can survive, thrive, surpass those who wish you dead as they have wished your people so.

The will to resist the intruder began to drain and he felt the Ioa bond with him permanently, feeling power he never had ever dared to dream of, since it was not his to use.

Allow me to show you the power you and I can wield.

Though the Ioa that possessed him, the man shifted from the roll of a houngan, a Voodoo priest, to that of a botono, a sorcerer that made use of their magic to injury and cause misfortune. The self-bound Ioa showed the man how to create special dolls made of flesh and clay that can be used to move from body to body. The first attempts to place these special dolls into their hosts were shaky in that the they had to be ingested, for they could not be placed into the body in other ways that made the material connect permanently, but the moment they felt that one of the dolls had anchored themselves into a person, the Ioa bid the man to let go of his body, to focus on the one the connection was formed with.

After several days of urging and the body's slow decay due to age, the man finally released his grip on the body he was born in, soon opening a different pair of eyes to see the world with.

As the times advanced and the centuries passed, the man grew to hate the state of the world more and more, seeing the spirits of greed that hail from alien mentalities emerging more and more, but he and the Ioa soon lost their original flare, blending more and more into becoming one being with each shift from host to host.

Over time, once their minds were one, they wished a name for themselves to be remembered in history. It was they that began to call themselves 'Immortalis', a name that soon left its mark on important events throughout the history of the world, even if unseen for many centuries. The rise and fall of heroes, villains and influential figures among the normal folk, they saw it all and they knew it all.

...and they knew that the time to refresh the world of its foul humanity was coming soon.

Villain Information

Alias: Voodoo / Immortalis

[spoiler=Powers][spoiler=Your Body follows My Will (Voodoo Magic)]Unlike Jack with his Task Dolls, Stalo can use parts of a person, such as a person's hair for a primary example or a piece of dried flesh, and embed it into a doll with similar likeness to take total control of the victim's body. The one being controlled is fully aware and can try to fight it, but not many are successful when they don't know how they are being controlled.

[spoiler=With This, I Claim You as Mine (Conditional Immortality)]Immortalis uses a very unique voodoo 'doll' for this purpose. He will take a part of a person and use it in a doll that's shaped like a small heart. While the intended recipient is asleep and rendered unable to awaken early, the heart is surgically implanted into the person near the original heart. Once this is done, at any point, Immortalis can allow himself to 'let go' of his current body and possess any living being with this second heart. This form of possession kills the original host and is replaced entirely by Immortalis.

These voodoo hearts also have an extra quirk. In the case of it being implanted into someone that is either stunted in magical potential or does not have much potential, the heart magnifies what little potential there is and begins to force the body to learn how to work with a higher potential for magic. One was implanted into Jack, and Immortalis had planned on taking the boy's body for his own once he had grown a few more years with it in his chest, but after the incident with Fajro, Immortalis has decided against it for now.

However, if he is killed in his current body, since pain forcibly anchors him, he cannot just 'let go' of it to take on a new host and he will finally die.

[spoiler=Power Subjugation]If his host has any powers that he knows of, he can take control of those powers as if they were his own. These subjugated powers don't change with him between bodies, however. Powers he wasn't aware of at the moment of possession also get locked out of his use permanently.

[spoiler=Misc.]Immortalis does not have a theme song. In fact, if he listens to music at all, it's always some form of instrumental melody.

Outside of certain things, like things regarding surgery, Immortalis is relatively technology-inept. He's kept Jack away from most forms of technology because of this minus television...and even then, he uses an older model even now.

[spoiler=Jack's First Hero Encounter]

NZNBVUl.png

"...how...how dare you use me like that, you old fart!"

Name: Ashanti Akintola

[spoiler=Appearance]1d5fH0q.png

Ashanti once stood at 5'4" and weighed in at 117lbs.

[spoiler=Personality]African-born and American-raised, Ashanti is the archetypical warrior soul among heroes who wound up crossing paths with the wrong villain. Originally a hero that saw the world in black and white, she began to see increasing amounts of black after encounters with Voodoo, especially after one particularly scarring scenario..

[spoiler=Biography]While not much of her life was known, what is known is her time as a heroine. Within her first year of the profession, Ashanti became known as a powerhouse among heroes, if not the brightest. A few years in, she ran across the only villain that she has ever sworn to burn with her Immortal Flame, one by the name of Voodoo.

A descent into madness began after Voodoo pulled some of her hair out of her head and began using them to make dolls geared in directly controlling her. More than once was she forced into vile acts of villainy with her flames, making her burn alive many civilians in more urban areas. After the fifth time this has happened, Fajro completely lost her temper and her sense of morals before seeing out Voodoo's home in Texas and set it ablaze. In the process, she discovered the place had a basement floor, so she melted shut the door and proceeded to fill the underground with her immortal flames via the ventilation shafts. What she had not expected was a young man with almost no clothes left on him and a furred creature to come out by the same door she sealed. The kid said one word, and the canine-like entity put the kid down before proceeding to try to literally tear her to shreds and burn her with her own fire. The hound ultimately did not succeed and she only managed to flee within an inch of her life because the unusual dog refused to stray too far from the boy.

Hero Information

Alias: Fajro

[spoiler=Powers][spoiler=Fire's ALWAYS Good for Offense (Pyromancy)]Ah, good old-fashioned fire. Capable of igniting the air around her, Fajro made use of it for both offensive and defensive purposes...though mostly for offensive ones.

[spoiler=Good Luck Putting THIS out (Immortal Flame)]If she focuses on this, she can force her flames to be impossible to put out unless she wants them out. If a living being is burned with these flames, even if the external flames are gone, the being will still be cooking from the inside out unless she makes the internal heat stop existing.

[spoiler=Misc.]Theme Song: Nightcore - Superhero (Deeper Version) - Simon Curtis & Nightcore Nick

[spoiler=Filthy Apes!]

Name: Rusty

Race: Feline

Sex: Male

[spoiler=Appearance]

Normal Appearance

Robot Suit

Rusty is a slightly overweight orange tabby cat almost always seen in his "Villain Costume"-- a purple/yellow/white body-suit with altered front paws that allow him to grab and manipulate objects more easily, among a variety of other little features that HE won't tell!

His robot suit, dubbed "C.L.A.W.", stands at close to nine feet tall and weighs a great, great deal. That's totally what he looks like normally. No, no there's nothing piloting it don't worry about it.

[spoiler=Personality]

Rusty is extremely intelligent. By default he's far too intelligent for a cat, but beyond that he far exceeds the normal person. He has an incredible ego and hatred for humanity. As much as he loves high-quality pet food as well as being pet and cuddled, he is far, far too prideful to ever admit it. Rusty has a short attention span, and can often be a very energetic individual, and this often plays into his designs and work.

Rusty is also known for a very short fuse, and despite his intelligence, is easily flattered or fooled into giving excessive monologues. As skilled as he is in science and mechanics, he has a big flare for the arts and the dramatic, fancying himself quite the actor (despite what his reviews or grades may suggest). He'll call himself a connoisseur, but he ultimately won't know his way around an art gallery very well.

[spoiler=Biography]

Rusty was the pet cat of a certain Verel Harlin, PhD. Dr. Harlin was a highly accomplish biologist and experimented greatly in genetic manipulation. His ultimate goal was to accelerate human evolution to create an army of super-soldiers with which to take over the world. However, his experiment had gone wrong when his pet cat, Rusty, had found itself in the testing chamber after chasing a toy. The equipment went haywire, and the ensuing explosion destroyed the lab, killed Dr. Harlin, and left behind an extremely intelligent feline.

With his owner dead, Rusty went out into the world in search of a new home. However, he was unable to find any place that could accommodate his tastes, hated being treated as a baby, and if he didn't find himself mistreated by delinquents he was on the run as a "talking cat" trying to escape life being dissected in a lab or on display as a carnival attraction. Eventually, Rusty had returned to his previous owner's secret lab, and learning and using the tools, constructed for himself the means to build a suit, with hopes to build a robotic army to take over the world, use Harlin's equipment to create a race of intelligent cats, and enslave humanity.

Of course, school comes first! Rusty has had trouble getting his feet off the ground as a villain, and after much consideration has concluded that he first requires professional instruction from the most prestigious institution in and under the world!

Villain Information

Alias: Dr. Claw, the Great and Terrible

Powers: On his own, Rusty is just an Extremely Intelligent Cat. With his suit, he has access to a wide variety of gadgets and tools (including, but not limited to, a jetpack) and a small laser weapon. In his robotic suit, he has access to incredible strength and firepower with a bristling array of creative and destructive weapons. Of course, with such a large and weighty suit, it's much slower and bulkier to move than a small cat with tools, but sometimes a self-destruct button comes into use.

[spoiler=C.L.A.W. powers]

Herculean Strength - C.L.A.W. is frickin' SWOLE. Watch out, its left hook packs a mean punch!

​Repulse Cannon - The signature weapon of Rusty's robot suit uses an absurdly advanced weapon that launches spheres of warped space. The energy fired has a very strong repulsion effect on loose objects it comes into contact with, sending them flying in the opposite direction. Against walls or larger objects, it will bounce off with incredible force, but not without leaving a massive dent or significant damage in its wake. The orbs will bounce a few times before losing stability and collapsing into themselves, which can have a similar effect of pulling objects towards itself briefly. The cannon can also be set to fire a continuous "warp beam". Contact with the beam will have a similar effect as the sphere, but has a much more destructive effect over time on fixed objects as it doesn't bounce or reflect.

Repulse Fist - C.L.A.W.'s left arm has a similar warp-field generator as his cannon, but rather than being used to propel the warp field at high velocities it instead opts to wrap the warp field around the machine's fore-arm instead. Like I said, it packs a mean punch. The field can be slammed down and "burst", creating a wider, but weaker, explosion of force.

Repulse Shield - The warp field around the fore-arm can be extended to a wide range creating a force-field that deflects all physical projectiles and weakens energy-based projectiles. However, extending the warp field's range weakens the repulsion and the field, so the field breaks after taking enough hits, and deflected projectiles will not hit nearly as hard.

Self Destruct - Detonating C.L.A.W.'s fusion reactor sets off a mean explosion! Don't worry, it ejects the pilot before blowing up.

[spoiler=Rusty's Bag of Tricks]

Jet Cat - Built into C.L.A.W.'s auto-ejection system is a robust flight system that Rusty can use to, well, fly around.

Laser Gauntlets - Built into his costume's gloves are powerful little pew-pew lasers. Useful as weapons, cutters, or even a lock-pick! (if melting the lock counts)

Heating and Cooling System - Rusty's costume is environmentally controlled. Always cozy!

Slick Visor - The glasses on his costume aren't just for show! Built into them are thermal and infrared imaging, as well as a short-range motion-detection system.

Arc Mittens - Rusty's gloves are tooled with a variety of interface options, including miniature arc-welders for precise touch-ups. These can also pack a sting!

Professionally Manicured Claws - They're sharp!

[spoiler=Classes]

Period 1 - Psychology

Period 2 - Mechanics

Period 3 - Art

Period 4 - Theatrics

Period 5 - Software

Period 6 - Chemistry

Period 7 - Biology

Period 8 - Power Management

[spoiler=Misc.]

• Expect all the logical Cat Weaknesses. "No! Catnip! My kryptonite!"
  • Considers cold cereal "the kibble for humans".
  • Somehow doesn't have or doesn't even know what a "Smart Phone" is.

rebel 2

fight

[spoiler=For a Better World (WIP)]

k3j8ctT.png?1

"I will clean this world of corruption, no matter what it takes!"

Personal Info

Name: Natalia "The Smoke" Egorov

[spoiler=Appearance]

__original_drawn_by_kim_eb__sample-0067a

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 76.4 lbs

[spoiler=Personality]

"What's a few lives to the hundreds that villains take?"

While she can get rather passionate about her ideals and mission, Natalia is overall a calm and collected person. She is also not afraid to tell people what's on her mind, which can come as a shock sometimes due to her relatively soft voice. While she's not confrontational, she is not afraid to get into spats with people, especially with those who are "wrong".

She wants the world to be a better place, seeing it as a cesspool of corruption. Seeing no one do what she thinks is enough to stop it, she has taken it upon herself to purge the world of this corruptions - at any costs. Her conviction and resolve to this ideal - and, in general, any opinion she has - is strong; borderline reckless.

She has a disdain for authority - either they're corrupt, too naive to realize the web they sit on, or are too weak to do anything about it. In general she doesn't trust people, especially those she thinks are weak. Alongside her disdain for authority, she hates villains even more; especially those that kill civilians. Despite this hate, however, she does have more respect for the villains than those that bend over to the will of others.

[spoiler=Biography]

"If it takes a villain to save this world, then so be it."

Natalia was born into relative poverty, living as an only child with her parents. 

Villain Info

Allias: The Smoke

[spoiler=Powers]

hallucinogenic smoke 

can turn into smoke

[spoiler=Classes]

2nd Period: Free Period

3rd Period: Art

7th Period: Biology

Theme:

Battle Theme: 

Birthday: February 14th

hi i'm back friends, i was inspired

[spoiler=How Divine!]
30xefeh.jpg

“Mari will guide us. All of us.”

General Information

Name: Elita Thomas

[spoiler=Appearance]

44FTIpW.jpg

Elita stands at roughly 5’8, give or take a few inches depending on if she’s wearing high heels at the time. She doesn’t disclose her weight very often, but it’s noted that it tends to fluctuate depending on if she’s using her power a lot recently.

[spoiler=Personality]

Elita sees herself as a Prophet of a Forgotten Goddess, destined to bring her back to the forefront of the religious world, by any means necessary. Her personality is energetic when talking about her ‘position’ and eager to draw people into her fold, though she doesn’t ‘pressure’ people into joining her. She believes they will all see the light at some point, no matter how resistant they are. As a result, she’s friendly to everyone she talks to, hoping to speed the process along while keeping good will with as many as she can to avoid making things awkward later. 

Beyond that, her energy transitions to most things in her life. She’s eager and pleasant to be around, if not a little bit overbearing at times, while still maintaining an air of composure when things are serious. She frequent references the ‘teachings’ of her Goddess to those around her, especially things that she thinks might be relevant to the situation at hand, as she believes that even the simplest action can have meaning from Mari.

The most damning part of her personality though is how she doesn’t see herself as a villain. She’s justified her attendance of visiting the academy as an ‘olive branch’ to the poor, lost souls in the underworld, to bring them back towards Mari and into her light…

But her view of doing that by any means required definitely qualifies her as a villain. She has no problem abusing her power to try and manipulate people into trusting her, or seeing her as something greater than she actually is, and will actively try to figure out the emotions of people around her in an attempt to work her way into their good graces. Despite her relatively unassuming appearance, she can have a way with words which catches people off guard.

She's more than happy to pull emotional tricks on people who open up to her if she feels she can show them the 'right' path to follow, and her ultimate goal isn't to be the most powerful, but... To bring back her beloved Goddess, the one who she knows will set things right in the world. She may not know what right is, but she knows someone who does.

[spoiler=Biography]
Born in Toulouse, France to a moderately well off family, Elita has a simple life. She didn’t really struggle in school, and her parents were loving, despite being busy to maintain their lifestyle…

As a child, even as a toddler, Elita seemed oddly perceptive. She was always around to comfort her parents when things had gone wrong with something they were working on, and she often acted a pillar of support for her friends and loved ones as she grew older. It wasn’t uncommon for her to act as a confidant for those who were suffering through hard times, it wasn’t hard to imagine why. She seemed to ooze confidence and concern to those who knew her, often drawing out the worst of their troubles without having to do much at all. After chats with her, it always seemed like her friends would leave feeling better, and she would beam and give them a tight hug before leaving herself.

This never really changed, but once she turned 13, she… Became oddly spiritual. It wasn’t too weird, her mother was a practicing Catholic and regularly would bring her daughter to services with her, but from 13 on, she took a role in the church that even her mother didn’t expect. She began to research things, and started to look for different prophets and those associated with the religion, though… She always seemed to be disappointed by what she had learned. She started spending more time out of her house, and in local libraries and archives, scouring for anything…

It wasn’t until her 14th birthday that her mother had realized just how much time Elita had been spending outside of the house in those musty archives, thanks to Elita attempting to cover it up. She questioned Elita, trying to draw out what her daughter had been up to…

“Mari spoke to me, and said I need to find her.”

Elita said that with such conviction… And her mother just looked at her with confusion. She tried to draw out more information from her, but Elita knew nothing else, besides a single name. Elita didn’t frame it as something religious, but her mother knew something strange was happening. She talked with Elita’s father and the two decided they needed to watch Elita more carefully.

It was around this time that Elita had began to grow more aware of her powers. Her parents weren’t special. They didn’t understand the gift she had, or how important her search was, so she began to distance herself from them. She listened to the weary who needed a shoulder to cry on. She talked to those on their way to work on the subway. She began to understand what her special thing was. She could soothe people, she could help them… She could understand them.

So she did. For a year, she devoted herself to bettering her home, to helping those who were down. She spent much of her time at homeless shelters, volunteering and bringing calm to those that she could. It was through her volunteer work that she had met with some… Unsavory people, with criminal pasts. Over the course of the year, she believed that this deity was talking to her, guiding her to do good and help those who needed it... 

While normally, this wouldn’t be an issue, she steadily became more unstable in her devotion to her cause. While she rarely caused any physical harm to people, she began to twist people’s emotions to manipulate them, using her knowledge to pry into their weaknesses, their fears. The more she worked and learned her abilities, the more Mari spoke to her, guided her… She heard rumors of an underground world, full of people who she could help. Who cared if they were villains? Everyone can stray from the light, it can happen to anyone, she thought. They were no less deserving of help. She managed to get into contact with a few people who had connections to this underground world to help her get enrolled into Center Lowhaven High, where she could pursue her goal. Bring these lost souls into contact with Mari, and hone her powers to the point where, one day, the entire world would be able to see Mari once again...

Villain Information

Alias: Prophet

[spoiler=Powers]
Empath

Elita's power stems from her ability to sense and ‘read’ the emotions of other people, allowing her to determine the moods and temperaments of other people without needing to spend too much time around them. Using this, an Empath can become very adept at using their knowledge of other's emotions to try and manipulate people, or attack them in personal ways if they wish to do so.

But her powers don't stop there, as that's just a general application of her ability. Empath's come in all kinds of flavors, but for Elita, her main capability is Empathic Healing. She has the capability to take the pain of others onto herself, letting them ignore the pain as if the wound never happened... Without healing the wound. She can use this on her allies to help get them to a safe location and get them physical help, or to take on the burden of an emotional wound they've suffered.

Of course, she can also use it on her enemies, taking their pain and making it to where they might not notice a wound, letting them make the injury worse and strain their bodies in ways they wouldn't normally if they aren't aware of her powers. She isn’t extremely adept at this at the moment, only able to use it when she’s in direct contact with people, thus making it extremely hard to use in combat of any sort. Instead, she’s used it as a way to further her Prophet role.

She could have those who were lame walk, bring the sick out of their beds for periods of time, and even let the blind ‘see’... Or at least feel like they could see for a brief moment of time. She would tell them it’s all part of her faith, allowing her to heal those… Though it wouldn’t last if they didn’t devote themselves to Mari.

While the emotion sensing part of her power is almost always in effect to some degree, the second one is more focused and she has to be in contact with her target to be able to use it. A more skilled Empath could do this from a distance, but it would require a degree of control that she won’t have for a long time.

Similarly, an Empath such as her could manipulate a person’s emotions with proper training, and impose her own emotions over top of what someone else would be feeling. This is, unfortunately, an extremely high level technique, and her ultimate goal in an attempt to ‘revive’ her Goddess.

[spoiler=Classes]

3rd Period: Linguistics
6th Period: Physics
7th Period: Free Period
8th Period: Power Management (Mandatory)

Miscellaneous

• Her Theme
  • Her Birthday is August 16th.
  • She doesn’t take well to people attempting to lie to her. Those with a good control of their emotions can get away with it easily, but those who are more impulsive might have trouble with it, thanks to her Empathy. She won’t call them out on it generally, but she gets twitchy around compulsive liars.
  • She carries around a variety of simple headache and pain medications in her purse. When she doesn’t want to use her powers, she’ll often offer to share them, but she can be seen taking them to keep her own suffering to a minimum after using her powers.
  • She doesn't believe that other religions are a threat. She 'knows' Mari is forgotten now, and can't hope to overwhelm them in the near future. She believes it's a long term game, and she's just here to help it begin.
  • She's interested in checking out the Cooking Club at the moment. She loves to make food!

As these are currently the four apps in the running for new players as well as second apps for existing players, I'l be quoting the four of you and quickly going over what I think about the completed ones (meaning I'm skipping you, Rep).

New Player - Tesability Black: I forgot to mention this, but when one substitutes Blaze in your biography for a different hero, everything checks out. I'll miss the opportunity for there to be interactions with established characters, even if it's mostly just background stuff, but oh well.

New Player - Kazooie: There are some similarities between this character and Mary, but I don't think it's to the point where we'd have trouble telling the two apart. Consider potentially discussing with CowCow some means of better helping differentiate the two if that puts you off, but I don't think it'll be necessary.

Existing Player - VCR_CAT: This is by far my favorite of these apps. If not my favorite in the entire thread. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, but this will most likely be one of the apps we take for second apps unless Sonic and Rep both somehow outdo Rusty.

However, there is one thing that bothers me about all four of these apps, which I'll get around to now, as it's the primary purpose for this post. Simply put, some classes are painfully underpopulated. I've taken some time in the chart Rep made, and assuming it's still up to date (bar the existences of Patton and Eva, who are no longer in this RP), this is what the total population for each class looks like, excluding NPCs.

1st Period: Psychology 8 / History 3

2nd Period: Magic 6 / Mechanics 4 / Free 1

3rd Period: Linguistics 7 / Art 2 / Student Aide 1 / Free 1

4th Period: PE 7 / Theatrics 4

5th Period: Software 3 / History 4 / Free 4

6th Period: Physics 7 / Chemistry 3 / Free 1

7th Period: Biology 7 / Math 1 / Free 1 / Student Aide 1

8th Period: Power Management (Mandatory) 11

Red classes are the ones we need more students for. Math in particular is bolded, italicized, and underlined, because we have literally one person there, even if we still factor in Patton and Eva. I'm going to go over each of them real quick and how it relates to each student on the possibility of taking it or not.

1st Period History: Unfortunately, it makes perfect sense for all four of these students to be taking psychology instead of history. I'd argue that Rusty in particular might benefit from history because - being a cat - he is far younger than the other students, and it would be beneficial to learn about past attempts at world conquest and how they fell short. However, this is merely a suggestion.

3rd Period Art: In a convenient contrast to all four of you taking psychology, three of these four apps have art for third period. This pleases me.

5th Period Software: I can't really be upset that Rusty is the only one here taking software, as he's the only one it particularly makes sense for. I can't think up some excuse for the other three to be taking software over history, unfortunately.

6th Period Chemistry: As with art, three of these four apps have this class. Again, I am pleased.

7th Period Math: This is the class that is in dire need of players. Kess is literally the only student who has it. Even Rain, who one would totally think would take math so he can better crunch numbers on how to keep his profits high, has a free period here instead of math. But instead, everyone's taking biology. I feel like Rusty in particular would do well to take math instead of biology, since the source of his power comes from machines instead of any living thing besides himself. Can't build your super-mega-death-ray if you miscalculated something and blew up your entire evil lair. The rest of y'all should try to figure out some reason to take math instead of biology, even if it's as simple as "I don't want to dissect a frog".

I can't speak for Sai, but I in particular will be considering which underpopulated classes your characters fill as a major factor on my verdict of if we should accept them or not. This has been an update from your friendly co-host, even if the main goal was to show that we have some classes that need more students in them.

As far as altering classes go, there's only one class/the free period that I can really alter. I chose all the classes based on what would make the most sense for her character, with the exception of Physics vs Chemistry, which... Neither of which are very useful for her overall, though thinking on it, Chemistry might've been better. I would really like to have a free period, so it kinda has to go in either 6th or 7th from the way things here have been set up.

And as an additional thing, if Cow thinks there's some bad overlap between her and his character, I don't mind talking to him about it either! I don't think it's too bad myself, but just give me a message if you have concerns Cow. ^-^

[spoiler=Class Overview]

Psychology is vital for Elita which you kinda acknowledged there so I won't go into too much detail.

Magic is, unfortunately, way more important for her, cause Empath stuff is decently close to being magic based, so it's probably the best way for her to learn to expand her abilities...

Linguistics vs Art kinda sucked, because both of them would be very useful her, unfortunately, Linguistics is just more important for her powers. Art would be useful for her religious aspect and it makes me sad she couldn't take both, but... Linguistics was more useful for her character.

PE vs Theatrics wasn't a hard choice. :P

Software does nothing for Elita, unfortunately, and History is REALLY important to her, just as important as Psychology is. Either way, I had to have both Psychology and History, and this was the only way to make that work...

And now, the two class periods I'm extremely flexible with.

I am definitely willing to switch Physics to Chemistry, or move the free period to 6th and have 7th period be Math. Neither of these really bugs me, because these two periods are extremely flexible for Elita and her character. If you wanna PM me and discuss it with me, I would love to make it work out for the better, or just respond here with your thoughts on what would be better off, and I don't mind working with it!

...I think I can get away with shifting Jack to Math from Biology, if only as something of a curiosity for him and to see if he can find anything worth knowing for himself. If he really wants to, he can send one of his Task Dolls into Biology class during that period instead. (There's less classes than his limit in regards to how much he can split his attention and catch everything, so he can literally stick a beak into all of the classes, if the teacher in question doesn't mind a small quiet bird in the class.)

The only way I can see Jack getting shifted to History in 1st period is if he's a Teacher's Aide for the History class in 4th period, because he would not take a free period.

Also, I did that swap of heroes so that, if it would be a headache to do the shift from one Blaze to another, what I did could work instead. I have no problems doing the shift that would allow Jack to have a connection to an confirmed-in-canon hero, however.

Well... From thinking about it, Biology switching to Chemistry definitely seems like the best course of action for Elita, so that's what I've done right now.

Ultimately, I can't think of a super... Great way to swap the free periods around to make 7th period Math great, because ultimately it isn't a subject that matters a ton to her character, and neither is the alternative in that period. Chemistry and Biology are both overall more useful to her character, Biology was if I wanted to go with the extremely rare physical component of Empath Healing which I decided against, so swapping to Chemistry seems better...

Okay guys, due to people leaving the RP, and due to the fact we lost the list of people we were letting in, I am opening apps for new people. We have 3 spots available. 

If you had an app, then just link us to it, and we'll read it again. 

There's no time limit, due to the fact we already started. Let's do it.

Um...that makes it seem otherwise.

Archived