• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's on Sai since - from what I can tell - this was a private conversation that I had no means of knowing about. I'll talk to him about getting back to you on that tomorrow (he's currently asleep, as a new job can be rather exhausting, which is also why I'm making these posts instead of him). What happens from there is entirely under his jurisdiction.

• 2 months later...

Bumping for easy access and to announce I'm dropping. This was not an easy decision but it's what I decided must be done. Simply put, I'm in too many RPs to keep track of all of them, and with the molasses-like speed this is moving at, as well as what feels like a general lack of enthusiasm for the RP itself among much of the players, this simply is the safest one to drop. If the RP somehow survives the rest of lunch period, I'll remain in contact to give bits of post for teachers (since I am playing a significant portion of the staff NPCs), but I'll otherwise be ceasing my involvement with this RP.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys, here's the thing. It's no secret that Yui dropped from the RP, and that leaves me without a cohost. It makes it really hard to do this RP because I have to really depend on the cohost. So, one of two things happen. I find a new cohost, or I just kill this RP.

If you're interested in being a cohost, please let me know. Like either by responding to this or messaging me on Skype or Discord. I know this RP in an extended rough patch, but I think we can pull through.

Okay guys, here's the thing. It's no secret that Yui dropped from the RP, and that leaves me without a cohost. It makes it really hard to do this RP because I have to really depend on the cohost. So, one of two things happen. I find a new cohost, or I just kill this RP.

If you're interested in being a cohost, please let me know. Like either by responding to this or messaging me on Skype or Discord. I know this RP in an extended rough patch, but I think we can pull through.

Naturally, not even an hour after you make this post, we agree to just retcon Camille and pretend like I never even dropped in the first place.

• 1 month later...

After some discussion with Sai...

[spoiler=Fish out of Water]

X7U6Gel.png
"You know, for a filthy groundwalker, I kinda like you. Shame you'll have to drown someday too."

Name (Simplified): Sarka Hascid

[spoiler=Appearance]q4SmUKY.png
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 278 pounds

Can always be spotted wearing a pair of black rain boots, filled about halfway with saltwater. Usually carries around gallon containers of water as well, both for power usage and for hydration.

Keeps a pair of tinted glasses on her to see in bright areas.

[spoiler=Personality]Audacious and confident, Sarka is a proud member of a warrior race. She was raised on honor and courage, and as such, both has trouble stepping down from a challenge, and will challenge others to an honorable duel as her primary means of resolving interpersonal conflicts. In any sort of group battle, she'll likely be the first one to volunteer for leading the charge, and will rush the enemy down relentlessly until one side is forced to surrender. Because she values honor, Sarka frowns upon cowardly tactics and poor sportsmanship, and actively loathes traitors and deceivers. As a result, Sarka is actually a rather honest and straightforward person, willing to own up to her mistakes and forgive people who confess or apologize if they wronged her.

Of course, it may be hard to tell sometimes that Sarka was trained from childhood to be a hardened warrior. Especially by deepfolk standards, Sarka is rather carefree, and particularly bad with directions. She's the type of person that wants to experience life and chase her dreams, not sit around and stagnate in one place. If only in that regard, Sarka truly embodies the deepfolk spirit. This only further emboldens her, and erases what little concern she'd otherwise have for social boundaries or norms. Because she believes in desires over laws and morals, Sarka cares little for the strict lifestyle of most civilizations. As a result of this, her desires and willingness to pursue them fall strictly in the "villainous" category.

Above all else, Sarka hates surface life. Humans in particular. Ultimately, she seeks to flood the world entirely, and drown or impale any human that manages to live long enough to see her plan completed. She doesn't mind befriending groundwalkers if they aren't actively against her, but makes a point to remind them that she will flood the world and take them down with the ground they live on one day. Until then, she can't quite finish her plan, so it's smarter to make her time on dry land as devoid of hostile enemies as possible.

[spoiler=Biography]Sarka is a deepfolk. Who are the deepfolk? Depending on who you ask, they are barbarians, warmongers, trade partners, monsters, or righteous citizens of the one true empire. Living at the bottom of the ocean, the deepfolk live in an expansionist, hyper-militaristic empire ruled by an immortal god-empress. Humanity's first contact with the deepfolk was marked by a brutal war that lasted for about a week before both sides said "funk it" and called it a draw. This draw was declared because neither side could really harm the other.

Despite their technological advantages over the relatively primitive deepfolk, humanity found that simply entering the ocean at all during the war was a death sentence as angry blue people sunk ships with magic and breached submarines with tridents. Inversely, the deepfolk - being unable to set foot on dry land - were not able to get into human lands to really win the war. With the war over, the two races entered an uneasy alliance. In exchange for rapid technological development provided by the humans, deepfolk provided excess resources from the ocean floor around them.

Sarka was born the child of soldiers, and was expected to join the deepfolk military when she came of age. From a young age, she was trained both in magic and in combat with the trident and the knife. However, Sarka had no interest in the military. Instead, her attention was turned toward - of all things - a human legend. The sunken city of Atlantis. A land of untouched fortune and vast mystery. The story fascinated Sarka, and she wanted nothing more than to find it.

What Sarka didn't realize was that not only was Atlantis already found, but it was in fact a common tourist destination for deepfolk.

Heart full of adventure, Sarka set off on her deep-sea adventure at the ripe age of sixteen. She never found the sunken city, but what she did find - nearly a year later - was a city. A coastal city, inhabited by humans. As it turned out, humans funking suck. Sarka soon learned that these groundwalkers were not only convinced that deepfolk were nothing more than barbaric monsters, and treated Sarka as such, but were also in fact the cause of a lot of problems that were endangering the ocean. Needless to say, she wasn't happy. And so, in true deepfolk spirit, Sarka tried the most obvious solution to her problems. Kill it. Sarka conspired to eradicate all groundwalkers and surface life, and bury the earth beneath the sea, creating a world where humans no longer existed. Apparently, humans did not approve of that plan, which Sarka so boldly told them about as she declared her solitary war.

Sarka was promptly defeated by heroes, and detained until a special prison cell could be designed for her containment. The cell had just enough water to keep her alive and not on dry ground, but not enough to allow her to really thrive or otherwise use her hydromantic skills. For the next year, Sarka wasted away in her cell, until a prison break started. This prison break was led by a violent and rowdy villain harboring fire-conjuring powers, prompting the prison security - forgetting about Sarka, whose dehydration had rendered her docile and powerless - to activate the prison sprinklers to shut him down. In doing so, they restored Sarka's vigor, strength, and ability to manipulate water. "Sarka's" prison break received the Prison Break of the Month Award, and due to being the MVP of said prison break, Sarka was extended an invitation to Lowhaven. At first, she declined, and sent the courier home with only one hand.

When they tried again, with the second courier being equipped with powerful bargaining chips like "We can teach you how to flood the world" or "We also hate the surface world", she was much more willing to listen. And thus began Sarka's debut at Center Lowhaven High.

iU8EggM.png

Villain Information

Alias: Riptide

[spoiler=Powers]Deepfolk: As a creature that was born in the bottom of the sea, Sarka's body was meant to handle extreme conditions. Most notably, her skin is much thicker and tougher than human skin, and her muscle and bone mass is incredibly dense, a combination that lends Sarka strength and durability that borders on superhuman. Her body is also accustomed to handle extreme temperatures, and her eyes are able to pick up on even small amounts of light. However, deepfolk physiology is far from perfect.

Due to her powerful eyes, Sarka is sensitive to bright lights, which can be inconvenient in a modern city. However, the deepfolk's most notorious weakness is their inability to set foot on dry land. Dry land burns the feet of the deepfolk similar to fire, and trying to stay on dry land for more than a few minutes can cause the deepfolk to gradually dissolve into nothing more than a pile of salt. There are ways around this weakness, but less avoidable is the high amounts of hydration their skin needs. While not as immediately fatal as dry land, dry deepfolk skin can grow uncomfortable, and eventually begin drawing water from inside the body if ignored, causing the deepfolk to lose their incredible strength and toughness as their muscles dry out, making them shriveled and weak.

Water Manipulation: Sarka is able to use magic to control the formation and temperature of water in her general vicinity. In combat, this will most commonly be used to create streams or bursts of high-pressure and/or boiling water to attack with, or freeze water in place to create makeshift barriers or armor. This ability can be used to melt nearby ice as well, but Sarka otherwise cannot freely control ice or snow.

[spoiler=Classes]1st: History
2nd: Mechanics
3rd: Art
4th: Free period
5th: Software
6th: Chemistry
7th: Biology
8th: Power Management

iU8EggM.png

[spoiler=Misc]Believes that naming conventions are one of the very few things groundwalkers have done right, as deepfolk introductions commonly turn out to be short conversations on their own.

Doesn't like the taste or feel of fresh water. Prefers saltwater.

• 1 month later...
[spoiler=Sickly Lich]
Name: Sept Ooal Gown
Sex: Male
[spoiler= Appearance]
hhUOWrI.jpg?1
Height: 162cm(5'4")
Weight: 40.8kg(90lbs)
In addition to the image above, Sept generally appears sickly with inflammation around his eyes, a slight green tint to his abnormally pale cheeks and neck, and with a persistent cough which seems resistant to any attempts to treat it. Prone to occasional nosebleeds, very sensitive to sunlight, and seeming generally frail he is quite far from what most people would consider intimidating.

[spoiler=Personality]
In spite of his apparent frailty, Sept is some could describe as happy-go-lucky. Bubbling with enthusiasm for almost anything, and seemingly in a constant irrepressible good mood, the young man is just about as far from the typical picture of a Necromancer that anyone could really expect. In fact he demonstrates a profound aversion to death, disease, and all of the other horrible things normally associated with Black Magic. He much prefers cleaner practices, especially Evocation and Conjuration, and even then generally only utilizes nonviolent aspects of magic. In fact "nonviolent" is a fair descriptor of him. Where others are concerned with influencing and manipulating the others around him, Sept prefers to honestly make friends. In fact he would much rather not be a villain at all, and for the time being accepts it as his lot in life with the full intention of using the knowledge he gains at Center Lowhaven High as a base to build a career in, of all things, medicine when he leaves.

Like anyone he has his insecurities, the most prominent thereof being his concern for accidentally killing someone with his magic. Even just injuring someone can be enough for him to completely drop it entirely, which is definitely a problem when one considers the dizzying array of destructive magic he is versed in. Though he does take some solace in the fact that his expertise in the numerous forms of injuries which magic can produce means he already has a solid foundation to build a diverse medical knowledge base. He is further more quite nervous about his own health, or perhaps more accurately about others' perceptions of it. If someone suggests that he is ill or should see the nurse, he tends to try to deflect the question and get back to what he was doing. he furthermore does not use his real name much if at all, preferring to introduce himself via his alias.

[spoiler=Biography]
As his name implies, Sept Ooal Gown is the son of none other than Ainz Ooal Gown. It is not precisely known who exactly his mother is, and essentially any of the women who interact with Ainz regularly will make a claim on that if asked. The Lich himself simply refuses to answer. Not that such is particularly important when considering how the young Necromancer grew up. The NPCs of Nazarick were like an extended family to him, all of whom showed boundless enthusiasm and affection towards him. While most children would probably have been happy with this, Sept quickly got sick of it and was soon enough preferring the more subdued company of his father who taught him a great deal of magic. Though, as with all children, he did eventually make friends outside of his family. His closest friend was actually a young Lizardman named Shakyu who was the son of one of the Elders of the tribe which had been subjugated in the early formation of the Sorcerer Kingdom. Shakyu and Sept were inseparable only a week after they first met, and as any pair of young boys will they caused all sorts of mischief wherever they went. Mischief which the Son of Ainz Ooal Gown could normally get them out of through one or another means. Though all things must come to an end, and unfortunately some of their mischief went horribly awry once.

An errant spell on Sept's part slew his friend, and he was not able to revive Shakyu. The young necromancer became despondent thereafter, locking himself away from everyone and everything for quite some time. He came to the realization that the accident had happened because he had no concept of how fragile life actually was, and he sought to resolve this. He poured over his father's books, conducted research on various small animals, and eventually developed a spell which he believed would achieve what he had hoped. So it was that one day when Shaltear went to check on the boy she called her son that she did not find someone existing in the spit and image of Ainz. She instead found a small, sickly human boy who seemed barely able to stand. Sept was able to explain himself fairly easily, and the rest of his family soon knew about his success. The spell was imperfect, demonstrably so, but it had done what he hoped it would. It taught him the experience of being alive, and just how fragile that life was.

That might have been the end of it, were it not for the arrogance of wizards. Thus it was that, in an effort to prove himself greater than the Elder Lich, the Headmaster stole Sept away from his world and proceeded to enroll him in Center Lowhaven High. For his part, Sept has taken this in stride and sees it as a means of furthering his own research, especially where the various aspects of life and living creatures are concerned. Though he is absolutely terrified of what could happen if either of his mothers were to decide to show up.

Villain Information
Alias: Aamon
[spoiler=Powers]
[spoiler=Imperfect Mimicry of Life]
Less a separate power and more a specific spell worth particular notice, this is how Sept maintains the appearance of being a mostly-normal human. In truth, he is actually alive while under the effects of this spell, and acts as a normal living creature instead of an undead...with some exceptions. First and foremost he maintains the ability to revive himself as an Elder Lich, though the process is extremely painful. His physical abilities are further limited to the point that he is far below the average human in terms of strength, speed, and stamina. Furthermore, Sept is susceptible to Poison and Disease while under the effects of this spell. While they are rarely fatal, the symptoms can indeed be quite debilitating. Perhaps most importantly, this fragile body of his is ill-suited to the level of magic he can normally produce. Up to Third-level spells are generally fine, only producing mild symptoms such as significant pain, numbness, and the opening of minor wounds across his body. Higher level spells tend to have more severe effects, such as severe nausea, vomiting, significant internal bleeding, fracturing or shattering of bones, and potentially cardiac arrest or other forms of organ failure.

Even so, Sept refuses to be out of this human form of his in all but the most averse of circumstances. The understanding of life he garners from the experience of being alive, even as such a weak creature, is something he values above the comfort that existing in a permanent undead state would give him. This spell is under constant effort to be perfected, and get him closer to the normal average of humans so that he is not too much of a burden on those around him and to allow for more reliable use of magic.

[spoiler=Magic Casting]
As with any Lich worth their salt, Sept is in fact quite the accomplished magic caster with a reportoir of spells stretching all the way into Ninth-level magic. For reasons stated above, he typically only makes use of Third and lower-level spells with any sort of regularity, and most commonly sticks to utilizing Cantrips.
[spoiler=Example Cantrips]
Sept's most commonly used spells, these are generally utilitarian abilities which cost negligible amounts of mana and require little more than the slightest gesture. These also cause the least harm to his human body, producing minor bruises and lacerations no deeper than a few millimeters.
Detect Magic: As it says on the tin, provides awareness of all magical effects and auras within a moderate distance.
Ray of Frost: A small beam of energy which freezes items it comes into contact with. Potentially harmful, but more likely to cause mild hypothermia than frostbite.
Bleed: With a touch, a living creature begins bleeding. Normal coagulation processes overcome this quickly.
Mage Hand: Telekinesis, though limited to objects no heavier than 2.2kg(5lbs) and speeds not in excess of 5m/s(11mph)

[spoiler=Examble Third Level Spells]
The highest level spells Sept can use without risk of harm in excess of what his human body can sustain. These generally produce large bruises, minor bone fractures, and lacerations up to 2cm in depth.
Fireball: The quintessential Evocation spell, this produces an orb of flame which, when it strikes a target, explodes and sends fire bursting out in all directions. Not dissimilar to an exploding napalm canister.
Raise Lesser Undead: The best-known spell in all of Necromancy, this raises a dead body to do the caster's bidding though is limited to weak skeletons and zombies. Sept can control up to 40 of such creatures at once, but must raise them individually with this spell. A Mass version is a 4th level spell, and produces more significant harmful effects.
Mage Armor: Surrounds the caster in a soft glow which provides significant protection against physical harm. Lasts for several minutes. Can be cast on another as a 4th level spell, and on up to 20 people as a 5th level spell.
Magic Shield: As Mage Armor, but protects against Magical and non-kinetic energy based attacks.
Conjure Lesser Weapon: Produces a slightly enchanted version of a mundane weapon. Limited in complexity to simple firearms.
Inflict Moderate Wounds: A simple touch from the caster causes physical trauma equivalent to a strike from a sword or a gunshot wound. Undead creatures are healed by this effect. A 1st level version of this spell exists, which produces more minimal effects and is less harmful to Sept, and a 4th level version acts as a Mass version of the spell.
Telekinesis: Limited to 20kg(44lbs) at 15m/s(33mph)

[spoiler=Example Fifth Level Spells]
At this tier it becomes dangerous for Sept to cast more than one spell in the same hour. Severe lacerations of up to 30cm in depth, fully displaced bone fractures, nausea, vomiting, acute dizziness, and other similar symptoms appear with only a single cast.
Conjure Construct: Produces a magically enhanced version of a construct(such as a vehicle or android) under Sept's control. Limited in complexity to modern vehicles, and imbued with slightly-below human intelligence.
Raise Undead: The place where the real magic starts to happen. A neaby dead body is raised as a more powerful undead, such as a Draugr, Revenant, Weak Vampire, or other similar corporeal creature. Incorporeal undead such as Wraiths and Specters can be summoned as well. These are intelligent, but predisposed to follow their creator's orders and can sustain themselves apart from their creator's magic to some degree. Sept can create up to 20 of these at a time, but must cast them individually. A 6th level version of the spell can create multiple at once, but has still more severe side effects.
Lightning Arc: A jolt of electricity springs from the caster's hand, proceeding straight forward and passing through everything in its path out to Long range. Targets struck take damage equivalent to a lightning strike, and even electrical insulation only offers so much protection. A 6th level version of this spell does comparable damage, but jumps from one target to another and is not limited to moving in a straight line.
Lesser Black Hole: The caster points at a spot within moderate range, and a short-lived singularity emerges, drawing all things around it into it. Though certain persons and objects may resist this pull, any magic of equal or lesser level than 5th is torn away and drawn into the hole from where it restore's the caster's magic. After a few agonizing seconds, the singularity detonates with a great deal of force and irradiates the area around it.
Conjure Weapon: Summons a more powerfully enchanted version of a mundane weapon. Limited in complexity to Vietnam-era Automatic Weapons.
Inflict Severe Wounds: Simply by touching a living creature, damage equivalent to being struck by a car or shot in a particularly bad place is inflicted or else Undead are healed more potently. The 6th level Mass version of this spell does not require a touch, and affects multiple targets at once.
Greater Telekinesis: Limited to 50kg(110lbs) and 50m/s(111mph)

[spoiler=Example Seventh Level Spells]
At this tier, casting even one spell is highly dangerous. Arms or legs are simply amputated by the casting, severe nausea with almost constant vomiting or dry-heaving becomes an issue, acute internal bleeding occurs spontaneously, and other such things which leave Sept at a near immediate risk of death if not treated occur.
Hungry Darkness: An area 18m(60ft) across within close range is cast into impenetrable darkness. All those within this darkness, excluding the caster, are torn at by invisible teeth and claws which strip flesh from bone more efficiently than a school of Piranhas.
Raise Greater Undead: A targetted dead body is raised as a Death Knight, Vampire Count, Mummy, or other suitably powerful and intelligent undead. Incorporeal creatures such as Banshees and Dullahans can also be created. Demiliches are a further option. As all of these are of human or greater intelligence, they cannot be strictly speaking controlled. Though they are friendly to their creator and disposed to following their orders. Sept can only create 5 of these at one time, and must do so individually. No mass version exists.
Black Hole: As lesser Black Hole, though significantly more powerful and much harder for creatures to resist being drawn into. Affects a larger area.
Volcanic Plume: A spot within moderate range of the caster bursts forth with lava from beneath the earth, shooting the stream multiple meters into the air and raining down on everything around it. Seismic activity accompanies this, and for all intents and purposes this is a volcanic eruption. Save that it can also be dismissed by the caster.
Conjure Greater Construct: As Conjure Construct, though with more powerful magical enhancements and with limitations in complexity equivalent to the great works of technology produced by robotics and vehicle experts in the modern day.
Conjure Greater Weapon: As Conjure Weapon, though with much more powerful magical enhancements and limited in complexity only by the most advanced weapons used by modern-day militaries.

[spoiler=Example Ninth Level Spells]
The highest tier of magical effect which exists outside of the purview of the gods, and even then the lines between mortal mage and actual god are blurred in the extreme. Even casting one of these spells leaves Sept essentially incapacitated, laying on the ground in a deathlike state which requires immediate attention or else he will have to return to life himself through a decidedly unpleasant process.
Greater Black Hole: An all but inescapable version of the lesser spells which is capable of devouring entire cities and explodes with force equivalent to a nuclear warhead. The ultimate in Collateral Damage.
Ray of Annihilation: A single-target beam of destruction which, upon contact, utterly destroys the target leaving not even dust behind.
Raise Mythic Undead: At the cost of a still-living subject, the most powerful forms of undead can be called forth. Vampire Lords, Mummy Kings, Liches, Shinigami, and other similar entities are all on the table. Specific legendary undead can also be summoned with this, such as the Witch King of Angmar, The Lich King Arthas Menethil, Imhotep, Setra the Imperishable, The Headless Horseman, Vlad Dracula himself, Izanami-no-Mikoto, The Grim Reaper, and yes hypothetically even Ainz Ooal Gown himself. As these are all highly intelligent beings, it is far from possible to actually control them. Though most of them appreciate being given an opportunity to directly meddle in mortal affairs.
Conjure Mythic Weapon: With no limitations on complexity and bearing the most powerful magical enhancements possible, these are weapons that entire nations would go to war to possess. Items such as the Sword of Saint Michael the Archangel, The Lance of Longinus, Simo Häyhä's Mosin Nagant, and even magical versions of Railguns and other super-science weapons are all on the table. For better or worse, the items are always highly intelligent.
Conjure Mythic Construct: Without a limiting factor on complexity and all the magical power necessary, truly impossible things can be created. Everything from mechanical Angels that are all but perfect mimicries of the Archangels, to superpowered robots such as Guren Lagan or impossible variations on Battletech's 100 ton Assault Battlemechs can be brought into being, and imbued with intelligence enough to operate completely independently.

[spoiler=Undead Physiology]
DVjBzlp.jpg
Height: 200cm (6'6")
Weight: 90.7kg (200lbs)
Much like his father, Sept is, in fact, an Elder Lich, one of the most powerful types of undead creature ever categorized. This comes with several benefits over the normal human condition. First and foremost, all forms of Liches are astronomically hard to kill. High levels of resistance to almost all forms of magic, incredible physical toughness, and strength and speed far in excess of what humans exhibit make a Lich a terrifying enemy even before one considers the fact that they are universally incredibly potent magic casters in their own right. This is of course in addition to the general Undead benefits, which are generally an immunity to poison and disease, mind-affecting abilities, lack of ability to feel pain, and the lack of vital organs to be targeted for "critical damage." Generally only abilities specifically catered to the destruction of Undead can even harm them, and even if one does manage to destroy a Lich's body their "death" is more often than not only temporary. In the case of normal Liches this is because of the existence of a Phylactery, a heavily fortified magic item which acts as a receptacle for the Lich's soul and allows them to reform in a specific location. Elder Liches, on the other hand, have achieved a level of magical power that unbinds them from requiring a Phylactery in the first place and can simply reform themselves without it. The exact timing on this varies dependent upon how much of their magical energies were expended in the fight which saw them slain, and can be anywhere from several years to mere seconds. Sept prefers to reserve enough magic that he can reform in a few hours. Most importantly, when benefiting from his undead nature Sept is immune to the self-harming effects of his spells as those are due to interactions with the magic that keeps him human.

However, because of certain choices, Sept is without the largest part of the benefits of his undead nature at most times.

[spoiler=Classes]
1st period: Psychology
2nd period: Magic
3rd period: Art
4th period: PE
5th period: History
6th period: Chemistry 
7th period: Biology
8th period: Power Management

[spoiler=Misc]
TBA

Important:

Effective immediately, Sai has handed full host command of this RP to me, and left the RP. This will have to come with some unfortunate, but ultimately necessary changes, including a new thread, and about half the staff members and heroes being replaced and likely retconned in the staff's case. When the new OOC is up, I will be editing a link to it into this post, and requesting that this one be locked, as well as that all players who decide to stay in the RP despite the change in management post their apps to that thread.

Edit:

The new OOC is completed, and can be found here. I'll lock this thread myself in a few days; I have the lock items from the store still, so I can at least do that. In the meantime, please do not post in this thread any further.

Archived