Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Written] Chess Archetype

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Members
  • 113 posts
    Last Visit Oct 07 2018 03:02 PM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

Ok, so, I know Archfiends are a thing, but I think Chess hasn't had the attention it deserves in Yugioh. I mean, they made Darkbishop a Water monster, and the whole "roll a dice" thing doesn't belong to Chess at all.
Here's my Chess Archetype, a deck that absolutely needs 3 copies of Terraforming.

Monsters and Spells

Traps

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 456 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:45 PM

I feel like, while it is easily searchable with several other cards, having your monsters effects rely on having your field spell out is kind of limiting

Insanity.

Nekomata

Nekomata

The Sassiest Majespecter

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 113 posts
    Last Visit Oct 07 2018 03:02 PM
  • Discord:Nekomata#3064

It wouldn't be the first Archetype that relies on a Field Spell (I'm thinking of Venoms, Neo-Spacians, ABC, Arcana Force, Ghostricks, and even Rank-10 Trains). Also, you could run 3 copies of Terraforming, 3 Magical Chessboards and 3 Subsitute Chessboards. Strategic Soldier - Pawns work when "Magical Chessboard" is NOT on the field, so they can Xyz to Chessboard Creator, which can search 2 copies of the field spell, then leave the Extra Monster Zone free for other plays. I don't think it will be too difficult to have the Field Spell active, even if it autodestroys after 2 turns. You've probably OTK your opponent with the high ATK monsters before that.

Yet I'd need to see this Archetype working on a duel to confirm if it's somehow playable.

Archetypes I've made so far

I'm also writing a Fanfiction! https://forum.yugioh...nion-cross-dpr/

Fukato

Fukato

"The Key to Destiny"

• Advanced Members
  • 518 posts
    Last Visit Oct 18 2018 12:36 AM
  • Discord:Fukato#3541
Most of your cards are dependent on each other meaning, they somewhat synergize with their respective pieces (pawns to pawns, knights to knights, etc). While this is fine in terms of synergy, they can either make or break you. Furthermore, because they mainly synergize with their respective pieces, you lose consistency. Then most of the monster effects require the Field Spell (including the Spells/Traps too).

OCG Fixes (at the best of my abilities):

Startegic Soldier - White Pawn

When this card is Normal Summoned, while you do not control a face-up "Magical Chessboard": You can Special Summon 1 "Startegic Soldier - Black Pawn" from your Deck.

In all honesty, that condition isn't needed at all since the Field Spell makes the Deck run anyways. That clause contradicts the rest of the Deck. Also, this only works with the following monster so, it feels like a Worm Xex and Worm Yagan (which is kind of like how the rest of this Deck functions).

Startegic Soldier - Black Pawn

When this card is Normal Summoned, while you do not control a face-up "Magical Chessboard": You can Special Summon 1 "Startegic Soldier - White Pawn" from your Deck.

Same thing as its white counterpart.

Brave Soldier - White Pawn

When this card is Summoned: You can target 1 EARTH monster in your GY; banish it, then Special Summon 1 "Black Pawn" monster from your Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Brave Soldier - White Pawn" once per turn.

I like this card, but if only it was generically for all of your monsters would I really love it. It adds a bit of consistency, however, its uses are limited to weak monsters. You can argue that you can use these for an easy Xyz and such, but I'd rather if it gave more options.

Brave Soldier - Black Pawn

When this card is Summoned: You can target 1 DARK monster in your GY; banish it, then Special Summon 1 "White Pawn" monster from your Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Brave Soldier - Black Pawn" once per turn.

Armored Steed - White Knight/Black Knight

If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, this card gains 300 ATK and inflicts piercing battle damage. When this card is destroyed: Add 1 "Armored Steed - White Knight/Black Knight" from your Deck to your hand.

It isn't that great of a card. A small boost and a piercer is all it is. My problem is that the last effect can miss timing. Moreover, even if it does not miss timing, it adds a monster that is basic beater without a "Magical Chessboard" out on the field to actually become formidable.

Divine Agent - White Bishop/Black Bishop

This card cannot attack Attack Position monsters. Once per turn, if you control a face-up "Magical Chessboard": You can change all Attack Position monsters to Defense Position. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change its battle position.

Battle positions don't really matter anymore (unless you love to switch them "Superheavy Samurais" to Attack Position). It could be a possible Windstorm of Etaqua IF the second effect was a Quick Effect. Possibly a run 1 or none thing at this point as it doesn't add consistency or do anything lasting (as consistency is what today's game is all about).

Rocky Sentry - White Rook/Black Rook

This card cannot attack directly. If there is a face-up "Magical Chessboard" on the field: You can tribute 1 "White/Black" monster you control; Special Summon this card from your hand, if you do, Special Summon the monster tributed by this effect in Defense Position.

These cards allows for play extension but should require a HOPT on the Summon effect. However, refusing to let these monsters attack directly is somewhat unnecessary. I'd take it off.

Royal Charmer - White Queen

There can only be 1 face-up "Royal Charmer - White Queen" on the field. Unaffected by by opponent's monster effects. When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Magical Chessboard" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If "Magical Chessboard" would be destroyed by its own effect, you can discard 1 card instead. If you do, destroy it at the end of your next Battle Phase.

This searches out the engine card Magical Chessboard which is good but its kind of bland. Since this card only revolves around keeping that card and adding that 1 card, expect to only run 1 since there are better forms of searching in terms of "Terraforming" and "Set Rotation", although the latter requires one to destroy one of the Field Spells, and requires you to run at least two Field Spells which this Deck can afford.

Sage Emperor - White King

There can only be 1 face-up "Sage Emperor - White King" on the field. Unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap Cards. If this card is Summoned in Attack Position: Change it it Defense Position. Once per turn, if "Magical Chessboard" is on the field: You can Special Summon 1 "White Pawn" or 1 "Black Pawn" monster from your GY. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can tribute 1 Level 2 monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Royal Charmer - White Queen" from your Deck or GY.

(Will do the rest later at some point.)

All my thoughts for the moment. Will come back for this, I hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users