[LEADERBOARD] D'Sceptyr vs. BatMed (Destruction Sword Situation) - Cards Up

Black D'Sceptyr

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Cards must be PM'd to me.
Written cards are allowed.
Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
The deadline for cards is 48 hours (2 days) after challenge has been accepted.
The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challengers and the new submissions.

Requirement:

Challenger's Choice! (surprise the former champ 'ere fellas)]

A Buster Blader Parade-r? Don't mind if we do

[spoiler=Card A]

destruction_swordmaster_homage_by_bdscep

Quick-Play Spell Card

Lore: Reveal up to 3 "Destruction Sword" cards from your hand (min. 1), then target 1 monster your opponent controls; until the end of this turn, it loses 500 ATK and DEF for each revealed card, its effects are negated, also any battle damage either player takes from a battle involving it is halved. You can banish this card from your GY, then discard 1 "Destruction Sword" card, except "Destruction Swordmaster Homage"; draw 2 cards. You can only use each effect of "Destruction Swordmaster Homage" once per turn.

[spoiler=Card B]

destruction_sword_carriers_by_batmed-dba

Normal Spell Card

Lore: You can only activate 1 "Destruction Sword Carriers" per turn. Activate 1 of these effects.
● Take 1 "Destruction Sword" monster from your Deck or Graveyard, and either Special Summon it or add it to your hand.
● Send 1"Destruction Sword" card from your Deck to the Graveyard.

Let's try to get some of these contests to end with least 1 vote. k?

Card A

I guess it does fine for softening stuff for Buster Blader and the like to kill later on, or just weaken overall damage in general while negating the opponent's effects otherwise. Other effect is fine; Buster Bladers do need better draw support outside of Seven Stars (then again, sets up for Buster Dragon and the Destruction Swordsmaster monsters too if the need arises). I haven't played BBs for a while, but last time I played, they had issues keeping the support cards in hand (but might've been when they didn't have everything revealed), Probably would amount to something useful in the long run.

Card B

(1) Easier Synchro Summoning for Dragon or faster equipping; that much is fine. Though, the former point only works if you have Buster Blader and either Whelp / Dragon Buster; and overall, you only have 3 targets for this. As mentioned above for card A, Buster Blader kinda needs faster help in getting to the support cards in the first place. I mean, yeah, you do have Prisma to some extent to trigger stuff, but...that only works for OG Buster Blader (not the Destruction Sword one).

(2) Again, more GY setup. I mean, you can still use Wizard Buster to retrieve the sent card, use Whelp to revive milled Buster Blader (retrain), send something for Buster Dragon to equip to, etc. There's a lot of stuff it does for the Deck, which ranges from the above setup to getting the Fusions out faster.

====

So let's see:

A: Min. 500 ATK drop that negates effects and reduces battle damage; offensively, I don't really like it but suppose it does protect you from getting direct attacked or something. Then again, it's also draw power while setting up the GY.

B: Does a lot of support functions, but requires that you can even MAKE Buster Blader's Fusion or summon his original forms in the first place. At least you can grab Buster Whelp right away, so...there's that, I guess.

I really do like both of them, and have the potential to push the Deck further in different ways, but I have to give it to A right now because it helps them with the early game plays and sets up while drawing.

Archived