[LEADERBOARD] D'Sceptyr vs. BatMed (Triple Blaze Test) - Cards Up

Black D'Sceptyr

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Cards must be PM'd to me.
Written cards are allowed.
Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
The deadline for cards is 48 hours after challenge has been accepted.
The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Requirement:

To celebrate a Burn Deck sweeping Worlds, let's get another Burn Archetype on the Level: your choice of Red-Eyes, Trickstars, or Windwitch support.

Red-Eyes Empire building it is then

A Red-Eyes Renaissance is now upon us

[spoiler=Card A]

red_eyes_vintage_dragon_by_bdsceptyr-dae

DARK/Dragon-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/2400 ATK/2000 DEF

Lore: All "Red-Eyes" Gemini Monsters you control are treated as Effect Monsters, and gain their effects. You can only use each of these effects of "Red-Eyes Vintage Dragon" once per turn.
• (Quick Effect); You can banish 1 "Red-Eyes" card from your GY and take 1200 damage, then Special Summon this card from your hand.
• You can reveal 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your hand; until the next turn's End Phase, the Levels of all other "Red-Eyes" monsters you control become this card's current Level, also those monsters gain 400 ATK and DEF for each Spell/Trap you control.

[spoiler=Card B]

red_eyes_erupted_field_by_batmed-dba82hn

Field Spell Card

You can only use each effect of "Red-Eyes Erupted Field" once per turn. When your opponent takes effect damage: You can draw 1 card. During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up "Red-Eyes" monster or 1 Equip Card you control; destroy it, and if you do, activate 1 of these effects.
● Negate the effects of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and reduce its ATK by 1200, until the End Phase.
● Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower "Red-Eyes" monster from your hand or Graveyard. If it is a Gemini Monster; it becomes an Effect Monster, and gains its effects.

Alright, let's see how this goes, considering you are close to a week past deadline and other stuff. (I started writing this before I went to sleep and resuming it now before work, so...)

Card A (BDS)

You're really going to have to make your entries more discreet for future tournaments, because by now, everyone knows your cardmaking style (at least by the template).

I mean, the Raptinus effect works for them in getting stuff off, though worrying about this being a generally free summon; especially after Jewel ditches something before your +2 draw / Foolish mill, which definitely sets up for this. Also second effect, added help to make Flare Metal with the new supports from DP18 much? I guess they needed the faster summon, but either way, 1200 LP isn't exactly much by common standards nowadays (it's a lot, but you probably know how much people spend on backrow and win later)

Card B

At least this synergizes well with Black Flare Dragon / Flare Metal / B. Skull retrain, etc so that much helps for the Deck, including the added draw power.

As for the destruction effects.

- Well, it weakens stuff up so you can kill it and then plus off of Black Flare if it battles, so good enough.

- SS effect speeds up plays so you don't have to waste your Normal Summon trying to get them to work. Yeah, you do have to blow up another Red-Eyes card, but the Deck has various methods of reviving them later anyway. Least Meteor Impact, Black Flare and Archfiend would like having their abilities available right away.

====

Voting for card B here since it does help out the Deck without becoming any crazier than it has to be.

(I do need to leave for work shortly after this post; will make any clarifications and stuff when I return)

Archived