Conflict in Purgatory's Gateway [IC Thread] [Side Story 2] [R-16]

Chaotic Angel

OOC Thread | Theme Tune: Sekou Resolution

9kcarl.jpg

213jbrs.jpg

[spoiler=Letter]

"Dear Role Player,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have three different tasks for you, but you may only choose one.

I really hate to have to force this onto you, but this is a favour one cannot turn down. We are in a conflict right now, in three different gateways. Heaven, Purgatory and Hell. Do those three mean anything to you? It does? Okay, I’ll continue. Once you have chosen your gateway, a portal will activate from your hometown and lead you straight there. One main difference is all three gateways are taking place in three different time frames. Are you sure you want to keep going? Is this giving you a headache? No? Right. I’ll proceed as normal.

Those time frames are taking place during the events of the franchise FVTO but in years 2060, 2065 and 2070. If you cannot handle anymore, then I suggest you stop there. STILL want to go? Man, you’re persistent. Just bear in mind that if you come into any physical contact with any foreign characters (such as NPCs and those who wasn't applied to be part of this RP) whilst you’re in your gateway, it could lead to some bad after effects. It would be best to avoid them at all costs.

Finished reading?

No? Okay.

Let me explain the accommodations, then.

In Heaven’s Gateway, you’ll be staying in one of the most luxurious staterooms. Comfy beds, smooth hot water, and your room almost exactly as it was when you moved out of your old home.

In Purgatory’s Gateway, you’ll be staying in one of the most unexpected of places… The Prison Cell, but despite that it looks like your old room except you won’t be getting out most of the day except for engaging in combat. That’s the only downside. I’d like to mention also that there’s hot water and comfy beds too, just like in Heaven. Jealous now?

In Hell’s Gateway, you’ll be staying in one of the most luxurious staterooms. Ironically for Hell, it also with comfy beds and hot water. Everything you would imagine Heaven to be as well, except you’ll be around fire 24/7. Be well equipped for when you arrive there. It’s very hot around Hell.

Now, onto the main event. I hope you’re ready for this.

Your task is to end the conflict between the three gateways. Also, I would like you to restore harmony and order for all gateways. I’ve tried doing so myself, but with no luck. I’m just hoping that you’d get to as far as ending just one gateway’s conflict. The amount of foes in each gateway? You do not wanna know. There are far too many right now to count, hence the call for you to join us, quickly.

Each gateway has its own difficulty though, if you treat it as such: Heaven being easy, Purgatory being Intermediate, and Hell being Hard. All for obvious reasons.

Now, safe travels and try to come back alive…

Yours sincerely,

The Emperor of the United Kingdom."

In this world of nothingness, you will be introduced to all of the hardships in the area.

Sorrow.

Pain.

Envy.

Greed.

But that's not all. In Purgatory's Gateway, although you get the luxuries here you are trapped in your prison-like room except for engaging in combat and only one particular person is here to help. That person being Ken Hikawa. The necromancer makes it to the Gateway alone after reading the letter. He has got other matters to attend to, so he cannot help all the time. That being said, he cannot stay behind. "I hope the people coming here realises how hard it is to live in Purgatory." Ken explains, gathering together the evidence that he needs. Soon after though, replicas come crawling from outside along with an Immortal Cyborg. A blood-born one. Ken was alert and readies himself for battle. He quickly draws a magic circle and prepares to cast his spell. Although he is slow at casting, his magic is both deadly and powerful.

The replicas approach Ken at a faster pace, whilst the Immortal Cyborg quickly turns into a Demon Hybrid of some sort and charges at the necromancer. "What the funk, that's not normal!" Ken panicked, finishing up his magic. "Firaga!" Ken chanted, only leaving a graze on the Demon Hybrid and not a single scratch on some of the replicas. Only one shattered.

"Now I know what it means to gather help from around here."

"Can someone help me survive this?"

The sad thing is, no one even realises Ken was alone in Purgatory's Gateway. The ones that existed already must have been locked up and emotions taken away from them. In Purgatory, it simply means nothing but pure sadness. Not one person can help except for loved ones over the phone, installed in corridors. We don't have time however. The Demon Hybrid charges at Ken and the battle ensues.

Ken removes his magic circles, picks up his weapons and starts throwing them at the Demon Hybrid, hoping for an opening for him to attack. It was hopeless though, the Demon Hybrid overpowers Ken and throws him to the wall, making a large impact and slams Ken on the wall and to the floor. "Ngh!"

Ken took the injury, but didn't have time to heal. He instantly gets back up and charges back at the Demon Hybrid. "Who the funk are you behind there? Show yourself, demon!" Ken shouted, trying to get answers. "No. funk you!" The demon shouted back revealing its shell to prove its legitimacy then it hits back at Ken, severely injuring him.

"Do you still think you can defeat me, necromancer!?"

"I might not think so, but if I try..." Ken coughs out blood and tries to keep his composure and consciousness.

"Fool."

It wasn't easy being Ken right now, I would imagine. He's the necromancer being thrashed by one of the most powerful demons.

Not even the Seraph, Tetsuya Kousaka or Rin Walker can help Ken as they are in Heaven trying to deal with another conflict.

Another three groups of replicas now burst out in order to fill the room and hope Ken is dead.

There was no hope now, unless someone comes out in order to help him.

Do you think you can help him?

Let's see what can be done. At the moment, it seems hopeless.

[spoiler=OOC]

So, we start off by reading the letter from the Emperor of the United Kingdom. You can simply nab that off the OOC Thread before you start your post. This will be the same for the other two Gateways. If you are descending from another world, state in your post where your character originally came from before going to the main event. This may seem like I'm throwing you under the bus by fighting the Demon Hybrid first, but that thing will leg it after a while so stick with it for the time being.

To summarise, read the letter, introduce your character and then help Ken Hikawa survive the fight against the Demon Hybrid and the horde of replicas that seems to give him no mercy. The Demon Hybrid, made from an Immortal Cyborg cannot be defeated currently because of how weak we are to start off with, but we will get other opportunities to fight him again where we can. After that is done, we can go ahead with the main event.

The only NPC at the moment that will be here to help you throughout is Ken Hikawa. Make good use of him.

Remember, no Godmodding. I will be checking this.

Now, enjoy. Ask if you have any questions.

[spoiler=The Letter] 

"Dear Role Player,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have three different tasks for you, but you may only choose one.

I really hate to have to force this onto you, but this is a favour one cannot turn down. We are in a conflict right now, in three different gateways. Heaven, Purgatory and Hell. Do those three mean anything to you? It does? Okay, I’ll continue. Once you have chosen your gateway, a portal will activate from your hometown and lead you straight there. One main difference is all three gateways are taking place in three different time frames. Are you sure you want to keep going? Is this giving you a headache? No? Right. I’ll proceed as normal.

Those time frames are taking place during the events of the franchise FVTO but in years 2060, 2065 and 2070. If you cannot handle anymore, then I suggest you stop there. STILL want to go? Man, you’re persistent. Just bear in mind that if you come into any physical contact with any foreign characters (such as NPCs and those who wasn't applied to be part of this RP) whilst you’re in your gateway, it could lead to some bad after effects. It would be best to avoid them at all costs.

Finished reading?

No? Okay.

Let me explain the accommodations, then.

In Heaven’s Gateway, you’ll be staying in one of the most luxurious staterooms. Comfy beds, smooth hot water, and your room almost exactly as it was when you moved out of your old home.

In Purgatory’s Gateway, you’ll be staying in one of the most unexpected of places… The Prison Cell, but despite that it looks like your old room except you won’t be getting out most of the day except for engaging in combat. That’s the only downside. I’d like to mention also that there’s hot water and comfy beds too, just like in Heaven. Jealous now?

In Hell’s Gateway, you’ll be staying in one of the most luxurious staterooms. Ironically for Hell, it also with comfy beds and hot water. Everything you would imagine Heaven to be as well, except you’ll be around fire 24/7. Be well equipped for when you arrive there. It’s very hot around Hell.

Now, onto the main event. I hope you’re ready for this.

Your task is to end the conflict between the three gateways. Also, I would like you to restore harmony and order for all gateways. I’ve tried doing so myself, but with no luck. I’m just hoping that you’d get to as far as ending just one gateway’s conflict. The amount of foes in each gateway? You do not wanna know. There are far too many right now to count, hence the call for you to join us, quickly.

Each gateway has its own difficulty though, if you treat it as such: Heaven being easy, Purgatory being Intermediate, and Hell being Hard. All for obvious reasons.

Now, safe travels and try to come back alive…

Yours sincerely,

The Emperor of the United Kingdom."

A Quest. Cooper never thought himself special enough to be a protector of anything. Now he had an entire planet that depended on him saving a girl he had just met. But then the letter arrived. It baffled and confused him. He threw himself back on his bed. His mass of hair splaying out on the pillow. The moment he hit the bed his entire body screamed out. He swore and got up immediately. This was something that couldn't wait.

His arrival was punctuated by dread. His mental preparation was grueling. He had wanted to go to heaven so badly but knew that was not where he was needed most. Hell wasn't going to be worth it really in his mind. That left purgatory. He thought it the most important of the three. It represented redemption in his mind. A chance for atonement through the crucible of pain and suffering. There was much darkness in the entire multiverse but Cooper knew that perfect love could cast out all fear. So his decision, in a way, made itself.

And he immediately regretted it.

The air was stale like the hallway of a dilapidated hotel. It was poorly lit and filled his entire being with loneliness. However it was short lived as he felt the familiar adrenaline rush that came from impending danger. Whatever had brought him here left him directly in the center. He looked to his right at what he could only assume was a mage, bloody and battered on the floor. The imminent doom took the form of humanoid creatures that stood in four distinct packs. Cooper ignored the desire to be overwhelmed and put out his hand. The handle of his weapon appeared in it instantly. Cleaving would be best He thought to himself. Suddenly the end of the hilt sprang to life and a silver liquid snaked from it forming the outline of the broadsword. Anyone actually looking at it, which Cooper was purposefully not doing hoping to distract the big-bad presumably, would have seen the outline sneak towards the center like a tangle of ivy overpowering the front of a house. He drew back his blade to attack before the metal finished forming so that as it struck the first replica it was as solid as the hardest formed steel.

Ken wasted no time getting back on his feet, especially if he couldn't heal himself so he used the potions he carried in order to patch himself up. After a few stretches and whatnot, he feel ready to take on the Demon Hybrid once more. "Come at me, then... Demon!" the necromancer shouted, preparing to cast Death on the being by drawing a magic circle in a completely different pattern. He then saw Cooper from the distance, but carried on with his chant. "Death!" Ken chanted on the Demon Hybrid. Little did he know, it took some damage but never really killed it.

The Demon escaped out of fear it could be killed again. "I will get you next time, Necromancer. I shall be back."

Ken let out a huge sigh and approached Cooper.

"What brings you to Purgatory?" he asked.

Afterwards, he was silenced at the fact replicas are now starting to barge in, with the same Demon Hybrid also coming back. This time, there's a real and a fake Demon Hybrid on the loose. Ken took no notice and treated it as if it was every other fight. "Talk later. We got company." Ken said, taking out his Dragoon Pins and throws them across the field, shooting projectiles at nearby replicas at his own pace.

BGM

"You cannot defeat me, fool." the demon retaliated.

"funk off. No one needs your cowardice!"

"If you cannot accept defeat, you may as well escape like you have last time!"

"Never mind, I shall take you out."

"Really now? I'm looking forward to this."

The Demon and Ken were arguing back and forth whilst projectiles are shooting all over this lonely place. In the end, both Demon Hybrids got their hands on Ken, stabbing him in the heart and from there, he drops a plume of Phoenix Down, prompting the two Demon Hybrids to now approach Cooper with no leniency whatsoever. "Now it's your turn. Charge, my men!" the demon shouted as Ken coughs up blood knowing that he is severely injured and no one would be there to help either him or Cooper should anymore problems arise.

"That's it..."

"No..."

"Hope..."

Ken fails to keep his consciousness and gets knocked out by the after effects he had received from his injuries. Before Cooper can even get the chance to rest up, more waves of replicas now double in size burst through and all approach Ken at the same time. This thing looks like it's not going easy. "How the hell do you like this now, boy!"

"Time to die!" the demon shouted, revealing himself to be one of the strongest Cyborgs ever after being reverted. "If you thought me being a Demon Hybrid is difficult enough, you haven't fought yet... Cooper Anderson!"

"I, Daisuke Tachibana shall take your life here in Purgatory."

"I'll make sure your death is a peaceful one, just like poor old Ken."

Now the battle between Cooper, Daisuke, Fake Demon Hybrid and sixteen waves of replicas ensue. As promised, this would be a lot harder than the ones in Heaven's Gateway but nothing compared to what's about to come in Hell.

"Well I got this letter..." Before he could finish speaking the demon seemed to get it's second wind. 

"Talk later. We got company." Ken said, taking out his Dragoon Pins and throws them across the field, shooting projectiles at nearby replicas at his own pace. 

Cooper was taken aback. This was proving to be a lot more nerve wracking than he expected. The replicas seemed to be appearing in droves now and Cooper's arms were already starting to burn. He never relented however his weapon  turning to a hook as he sung it into a replica. He did a 360 and flung the replica into another group knocking them over like bowling pins. In the process his shoulder muscles started to scream with pain. 

All at once there was a tingle in the pit of his stomach and he turned to see the other man being stabbed by the demons. He didn't have time  to see what fell to the ground as the pair of hybrids turned on him. 

"Now it's your turn. Charge, my men!" the demon shouted as Ken coughs up blood knowing that he is severely injured and no one would be there to help either him or Cooper should anymore problems arise. 

Cooper closed his eyes briefly to regain his composure

"Time to die!" the demon shouted, revealing himself to be one of the strongest Cyborgs ever after being reverted. "If you thought me being a Demon Hybrid is difficult enough, you haven't fought yet... Cooper Anderson!"

His eyes flashed open at the sound of his own name, he opened his mouth to speak.

"I, Daisuke Tachibana shall take your life here in Purgatory."

"I'll make sure your death is a peaceful one, just like poor old Ken."

Ironic Cooper thought to himself That didn't look peaceful to me. Then again, I probably wouldn't extend the same courtesy myself.

[spoiler=BGM] 

Cooper took a deep breath and charged. Granted, it was a reckless play, but it was the only one he had. 

"Ironic"

"That didn't look peaceful to me. Then again, I probably wouldn't extend the same courtesy myself."

The boy thought to himself, though the villain himself paid little attention. Daisuke was ready to strike at the young fellow and he did so with no hesitation. He grabbed Cooper in the neck with such force that he was struggling to breathe. As his hands lifted the boy in the air, the Immortal Cyborg smirked as he stared at him, saying to Cooper: "You really think I would be so lenient on you after what I did to poor old Ken?" but then he was stopped by the fact Ken was about to get back up, albeit struggling to. "Wait, how is that possible?" The cyborg was shocked, but it was true. Those trained under a necromancer shall never die under certain circumstances.

"You underestimated me."

"Did you think I'd succumb to the likes of you?"

All whilst the necromancer was coughing up blood. He manages to pick up his plume of Phoenix Down that he had dropped and raised the feather over him, giving him the Phoenix's Favour as he gets back up, approached Cooper and slammed a bottle of Potion on him. "It's your call now, let's put our differences aside and kill this bastard."

Ken brings his weapons back up  and starts attacking the Immortal Cyborg, paying no further attention to what he was about to do, or what he was doing in the first place. The Dragoon Pins were all over the place, shooting here, there and everywhere around Purgatory's foyer. Ken didn't care, but eventually Daisuke had enough and tries escaping.

"Looks like I have no place here, I'm going!"

"Like funk you are!"

Ken immediately chases after the cyborg, overtakes him like if he was in a race and blocks the foyer's exit. Ken immediately gives out a smirk, calls his pins over and points them at Daisuke in all directions. "You're not going anywhere, funk boy. Now, tell me. What intention do you have in Purgatory other than to harm?" Ken asked, curious about the cyborg's intentions. The latter simply did not answer. Instead, he tries and fails to force Ken out of his way. That resulting in the former being held backwards and heads for another exit with Ken chasing after him for that as well. "Where do you think you're going!?"

"Cooper! Don't just sit there, chase after the JABRONI!"

"Ugh. You're quick. However, I'm not letting you catch me for the sake of things!"

Just as the cyborg says something, he was already too late. The necromancer drew his circle from behind him and brought up a wall in front of Daisuke preventing his potential escape.

"You either turn around and fight me, or die. You choose."

Cooper fell to the ground as Daisuke's attention was taken by Ken.

"It's your call now, let's put our differences aside and kill this bastard."

The potion had coursed through his body and he felt his energy returning and the marks on his neck heal. He touched it gingerly and looked up just to realize there were pins flying in every direction. His sword seemed to act on it's own as he drew up his arms to shield himself and the liquid metal raised in crashes like waves to block the projectiles. The immortal cyborg was seeming to make an escape Good riddance Cooper thought to himself.

"Cooper! Don't just sit there, chase after the JABRONI!"

"Right, the balance." Cooper moved swiftly into motion. There was a series of loud *clinks* as the mercury of the sword began to form chain links. Cooper deftly swung the chain first in a circle at his side then over his head. The end had a small hook on it just large enough to hook through one individual chain. The elasticity of the nature of the weapon meant it would reach so long as Cooper was close enough. While it didn't halt the motion of the beast it allowed Cooper to get some speed once it attached to the Cyborg.

"You either turn around and fight me, or die. You choose."

The confidence exuding from his cohort was enough to give Cooper at least a small amount of confidence despite the fact that the two of them were in a neigh unwinnable battle. The chain turned quickly back to mercury and Cooper was once again holding a broad sword. The hand guard however was more prominent. Not able to think of anything witty or cool to say he stared in breathless wonder. This creature was like nothing back at home. The evils he faced were like metaphors, shadow and darkness. This was an actual manifestation of evil. Suddenly the amount of help he could offer seemed insignificant for the battle. The doubt and despair that went along with purgatory was beginning to set it and Cooper realized in time. The pair of chopsticks from his first date with the princess glowed in his pocket and he felt that glow emanate and spread to his chest.

He found his footing, gripped the handle of the Mercury blade, and stuck out his chin. Whether defeat or victory awaited did not matter. All that mattered was that he gave it everything he got so he could get home and escape this prison.

"sheet, I'm cornered." Daisuke stated, with a smirk on his face. He looked down on himself, but immediately faced Ken and Cooper with his eyes glowing red and faces them once more. "I'll give you everything I have then, shall I?"

"That's more like it. Now, fight me like a man." Ken taunted, attracting Daisuke's attention and draws a new magic circle, disintegrating the old magic as well as the wall he brought up. "Time for you to die!" Ken said, before both Demon Hybrids come charging in at him. Luckily Ken's reaction was at lightning speed so he quickly dodged out of the way. The fake Demon Hybrid shattered whilst Daisuke was merely hurt. "I'll take my leave now..." he said, escaping. Ken decided to let him go. "Let him go. He's a useless piece of sheet anyway."

Even the replicas started leaving at their own expense. With the battle over for now, Ken approached Cooper. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked. He then reveals the true intention of why the pair of them are here in the first place. "As you know, Purgatory is in trouble. However, it is unknown whether more enemies will come. I'll show you to your room." he said, making his way across the left corridor, with Cooper following and shows him to the second room on his right. As soon as he has approached Cooper's potential room, he inserts the key to his room door and turns it clockwise, unlocking it. The prison-like door opens towards Ken and invites Cooper in. Although the room has luxury qualities, Cooper would be unable to get out unless one is in combat, for lunch and for dinner.

"The buzzer is right in front of the door. Ring that if you need anything."

"In Purgatory, you are unable to get the hell out of there unless there's combat, or we call you for lunch and dinner. There's a clock in there, you won't miss a thing."

"Make yourself at home, I'll come and check on you shortly."

After Ken shows Cooper his room, he exits and locks the door behind him. "It's tough having to lock an ally into a room."

"I feel bad..."

In Purgatory though, Ken also acts as a warden whilst he is there. He was supposed to be getting on with surviving the pre-apocalypse, but something sure was stopping him from doing so. Not like he had a full schedule at hand anyway.

Meanwhile, Daisuke was recuperating from the battle he had last time. He has yet to say a single word since his escape. Now he plots on sending replicas through Purgatory. "I'll make sure that necromancer pays for what he had done to me." he said, in a harsh tone. Obviously displeased about the outcome of the battle. "I feel like I'm the god damn chicken here. Men! We're going back in!"

Daisuke now plans on how to get back into Purgatory without causing too much trouble, although he had caused enough of it to begin with.

"Don't tell me..."

"That little sheet is on his way back here..."

Ken overhears the situation, but is it really true that Daisuke is coming back?

"I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong!"

Cooper steadied his breathing. Placing one hand on the wall he felt his chest. As he adrenaline wore off he realized for the first time he was truly terrified. This was like nothing else he had ever faced. Never before had he fought anything so large, so menacing, so... evil. It sent shivers down his spine. For the first time he looked around. The walls matched those outside but everything in the room looked oddly familiar. He saw his bed, the small loveseat he had in the corner, and various odds and ends cluttering the floor. How odd. He thought to himself sitting on his bed. Laying back he reasoned he would only close his eyes to gather his thoughts but before he knew it he was being whisked away into a deep slumber, the exhaustion from battle fully setting in.

Ken makes his way back to Cooper's room, unlocking the door and letting himself in.

He proceeds to wake the slumbering man from his sleep, not knowing that he fell fast asleep as soon as he laid in bed. "Dude, get up. We're about to get company." he quickly said in panic. As soon as he and Cooper makes their way out, he is greeted by Daisuke and fifteen waves of replicas. "Have you any time to recuperate yourself, necromancer?" the cyborg went ahead and asked.

"Why is it any of your business?"

"You can funk right off!"

Ken was already infuriated by the appearance of the cyborg. Maybe he had grown a dislike to him?

"Angry already at me, poor necromancer... Time to die!" Daisuke said, mocking the necromancer.

Having enough, Ken pulled his pins forward and strikes them directly at Daisuke, stopping him in his tracks. Willing to ask questions, he said: "What do you intend to do to Purgatory? The world of nothingness!?"

"You do realise you'll be the one going away empty-handed?"

Unable to move, Daisuke didn't have much to respond in terms of this. He struggled to get back on his feet, but still fails because the pins were pushing into him. "Are you really going to go in such measures?" the cyborg asked. "Shut the funk up."

Ken releases his pins from Daisuke and points the projectiles directly at him.

Point blank.

"What are you going to do then, Ken?"

"Shoot me?"

"When it comes to the situation where I have to... Yes."

"Cooper! I'm leaving this prick to you!"

• 1 month later...

Cooper rolled over and looked at the intruder on his dreams. It was escaping him already but he vaguely saw a great war. A war more terrible than he could possibly imagine. He had been trying to warn his brother and the princess. He didn't want them to join this struggle. He wanted them to stay home where they were familiar.

"Dude, get up. We're about to get company." he quickly said in panic.

Cooper simply nodded and turned off the bed in haste. He knew better than to argue. Especially considering that the door would only be unlocked in certain situations. He bit the inside of his cheek but kept himself from swearing. He followed in a somber silence, not willing to speak. The truth of his precognitive dream was to relentless. Ken stopped and Cooper remained in his head-space. Contemplating the future was taking more out of him than he realized and before he knew it he was brought back to reality again by the call of Ken addressing him directly.

"Cooper! I'm leaving this prick to you!"

The Mercury Sword sprung to life in his hand. A shrill weapon with a jagged end formed. Cooper exhaled before bolting forward. It was like he was no longer making his own decisions. He slid under the pins faster than Daisuke may have anticipated. The sword was in his right hand and he swung it up as he slid on his left slide between the legs of the demon. He stood up realizing his mistake. He now had replicas at his back and a really annoyed demon in front of him.

"Well shoot."

Archived