Hero Link Monster - A Hero's Prodigy

Ultimagamer

I kinda thought this one up, thought it might be interesting to see heroes come back into the meta after links, given that toad is no longer very viable 

A Hero's Prodigy 

Link Materials Required - 2+ "Hero" Monsters ( in case another hero link monster would be released ) 

2200 attack - Link 3 

Link Markers - Bottom left, Down, Bottom Right

You may also special summon this card by shuffling "Hero" monsters that were used for fusion summons or fusion "Hero" monsters in your graveyard back into the deck. Once per turn you may banish one card from your graveyard, reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, and if you reveal a card with the same type as the banished card ( spell, trap, or monster ) you may add that card to your hand. If no cards of the same type are revealed, send them to the graveyard. You can only summon 1 " A Hero's Prodigy" per turn, and can only use the effect of "A hero's Prodigy" once per turn.

I think it might be balanced, but I'm not sure 

Might as well review this card properly since you asked for an opinion of it.

To be fair, I do not believe Konami will be giving HEROs any Links for the foreseeable future (if, at all); therefore, you're basically stuck with using 3 HERO monsters for this. From what I've seen of HEROs in the past, they mostly revolve around getting Masked HEROs and stuff onboard and less of the Main Deck; either make them or the inevitable UtL. While it is nice for recycling the HERO bosses, since Konami made them Nomi for hell knows why, given the new Link rules, you're not likely to make this quickly.

Effect is technically okay; I guess you can set up for Parallel World Fusion too (for Core or something) if HEROs even bother with it competitively, but most of the time, you're going to banishing backrow to search Poly / Mask Changes, or just plus off Shadow Mist searching if you're unlucky with excavating stuff.

====

I think you would be better off making this a Link 1 or 2 (which does involve lowering its ATK a bit to match conventions + removing a Link Marker). It will be weaker, yes, but HEROs can pull out 2 Main Deck consistently (Mist/Bubbleman is usually what happens; 3, not so much unless you use A Hero Lives or something, then start setting up.) As of now, I'm not really seeing this being used too much; except to ladder off dead bosses (which is harder nowadays).

Also, HERO =/= Hero; they did get a retcon so they don't have to specifically mention particular classes of HEROs and exclude cards that just have "Hero" in the name but not actually HEROs.

To be fair, I do not believe Konami will be giving HEROs any Links for the foreseeable future (if, at all); therefore, you're basically stuck with using 3 HERO monsters for this. From what I've seen of HEROs in the past, they mostly revolve around getting Masked HEROs and stuff onboard and less of the Main Deck; either make them or the inevitable UtL. 

I think you would be better off making this a Link 1 or 2 (which does involve lowering its ATK a bit to match conventions + removing a Link Marker). It will be weaker, yes, but HEROs can pull out 2 Main Deck consistently (Mist/Bubbleman is usually what happens; 3, not so much unless you use A Hero Lives or omething, then start setting up.) As of now, I'm not really seeing this being used too much; except to ladder off dead bosses (which is harder nowadays).

When creating the card I had more along the lines of Destiny HEROs in mind, so it's focused a bit more around recycling fusion monsters ( summoned by poly ) and monsters used for it. 

Effect is somewhat generic, but I wanted it to still give a good edge to slow archetypes

( also, thanks for your opinion :D ) 

Archived