D/D/D Supersight King Zero Maxwell

UW5C600.png

Effect:

Pendulum Effect You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; Negate its effect and change its DEF to 0 until the end of this turn (even if this card leaves the field). You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Supersight King Zero Maxwell" once per turn.  

Monster Effect Before damage calculation, if this card attacked an opponent's Defense Position monster: You can change the DEF of the opponent's monster to 0 until the end of the Damage Step. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. You take no battle damage from attacks involving this card.

Man I'm so ready for this telescope to get censored into a laser.

I wish this existed years ago, it would have been a pretty good Djinn out for the deck.

A laser would make a bit more sense than a telescope. The only thing Maxwell has to do with telescopes is that one is named after him.

And this isn't a Djinn out. Releaser doesn't give the Ritual Monster any effects, it's not like the BLS things. Releaser's effect is just a lingering effect that applies while that Ritual Monster is face-up on the field.

A laser would make a bit more sense than a telescope. The only thing Maxwell has to do with telescopes is that one is named after him.

And this isn't a Djinn out. Releaser doesn't give the Ritual Monster any effects, it's not like the BLS things. Releaser's effect is just a lingering effect that applies while that Ritual Monster is face-up on the field.

I think it's more just "You can out Clau with Djinn on with anything" than anything to do with its monster effect.

card's ok, just wish its scale...wasn't that.

I think it's more just "You can out Clau with Djinn on with anything" than anything to do with its monster effect.

card's ok, just wish its scale...wasn't that.

So if they summon the Djinn locker in defense position, which admittedly they would with Clausolas, and you didn't search this card via Kepler, and they don't have Valkyrus, you can out the Djinn lock. Doesn't seem that good to me, only marginally better than using a Kaiju to out it, and that doesn't work.

Since Kepler has 0 atk, it's just bad. Similarly, I am bad, and misunderstood how djinn works.

Also, it being a telescope is probably why it is called "Super Sight King.

And I mean, what does Maxwell have to do with lasers?

Or Genghis Khan with fire? Or Alexander the Great with wind?

(Caesar gets a pass for water)

And I mean, what does Maxwell have to do with lasers?

He made discoveries relating to the nature of light. Also his work was a necessary precursor to quantum physics, which was necessary for the invention of the laser. I did say that it only makes a bit more sense.

Or Genghis Khan with fire? Or Alexander the Great with wind?

Well I'm only really had the other savants in mind when I made that comment. In alphabetical order:

• Copernicus is known for the heliocentric model of the solar system, and that's what his card's art depicts.
  • Both Galilei and Kepler's arts appear to be machinery pointed towards space, and they were both astronomers.
  • Newton's art depicts a device known as a Newton's cradle, and as a bonus the final orb (the swinging one) looks similar to an apple. It's a shame there aren't 7 orbs in rainbow order, which would relate to his discoveries regarding colour. There also seems to be some sort of telescope, and he invented the reflecting telescope.
  • Nikola [Tesla] is a bit less solid, but there is clearly electricity in the background, and that orb in his chest could be interpreted as one of those orbs they use to simulate lightning indoors, you know the sort? Pretty sure he invented those.
  • Thomas [Edison] similarly has electricity in the background, and a massive lightbulb for a head. Guess who is often credited with the invention of the lightbulb????

But regardless, Genghis Khan burnt down a great many places and at Alexander's tomb, his statue's nose was knocked off by Augustus. Aha!

I wonder if it's is good enough as a generic for the OPT negation Pendulum Effect. I mean, it may not disrupt the opponent during his/her turn as Veiler or negation Traps do, but getting to negate whatever the opponent has every of your turns, and without losing the card as you would with other Pendulum picks like, let's say, Eccentrick,  it should have a niche somewhere... right?

I wonder if it's is good enough as a generic for the OPT negation Pendulum Effect. I mean, it may not disrupt the opponent during his/her turn as Veiler or negation Traps do, but getting to negate whatever the opponent has every of your turns, and without losing the card as you would with other Pendulum picks like, let's say, Eccentrick,  it should have a niche somewhere... right?

It's just a Forbidden Chalice that you can't set

Archived