Legacy Shamans {Written} {6/?}

Chaosix

[spoiler=Legacy Shaman of the Unrestricted]

Legacy Shaman of the Unrestricted

FIRE/Spellcaster/Effect

1800/200

If there are 2 or more cards in your GY, and no cards in your GY have the same name; you can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only use this effect of "Legacy Shaman of the Unrestricted" Once per turn. If no cards you control have the same name, this card can be treated as 2 Link Materials for a Link Summon.

[spoiler=Legacy Shaman of the Raigeki]

Legacy Shaman of the Raigeki

FIRE/Spellcaster/Link/Effect

1200/Link-2

Link Points: SW/SE

2 Monsters

Once per turn, If this card points to 2 cards with different names, you can activate this effect; Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

[spoiler=Legacy Shaman of the Greed]

Legacy Shaman of the Greed

1400/Link-2

Link Points: N/S

1+ "Legacy Shaman" Monsters

When this card is Link Summoned; Draw 2 cards. You can only use this effect of "Legacy Shaman" Once per duel. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: you can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 "Legacy Shaman of the Unrestricted " from your GY.

[spoiler=Legacy Shaman of the Judgement]

Legacy Shaman of the Judgement

650/Link-1

Link Point: W

"Legacy Shaman of the Unrestricted"

During your opponent's Main Phase, when a monster would be Summoned OR a Spell/Trap card is activated: pay half your Life Points; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card. You can only use this effect of "Legacy Shaman of the Judgement" once per duel. During your Standby Phase if your Life Points are equal to your starting Life Points: you can Tribute this card; Special Summon any number of "Legacy Shaman of the Unrestricted"  from your deck.

[spoiler=Legacy Shaman of the Yata]

Legacy Shaman of the Yata

1000/Link-1

Link Point: NE

1 "Legacy Shaman" monster

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, they skip their next Draw Phase. You can only use this effect of "Legacy Shaman of the Yata" Every other turn. When a monster is Summon the a zone this card points to: You may Banish this card; Special Summon 1 "Legacy Shaman" Link monster from your GY.

[spoiler=Legacy Shaman of the Norden]

Legacy Shaman of the Norden

1900/Link-3

Link Points: NW/NE/S

1+ "Legacy Shaman" Link monsters

When this card is Link Summoned while no cards in your GY have the same name: you can Target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Legacy Shaman of the Norden" Once per duel.

Links are still kinda new, and all I've done with them is trying them out using a Cloudian engine, so I'm not the best at reviewing Link decks.

Also, Fire Spellcasters is an unused combination, and I like that.

Anyway, let's analyze each card.

Legacy Shaman of the Unrestricted

SS itself from hand or GY if there are 2+ different cards in the GY. I already like that. This card might be too splashable in decks that don't run 3 copies of each card, and the reviving from GY is quite generic, but the idea of having different cards is fresh and encourages people to build different decks (instead of 3 Revolving Switchyard, 3 Terraforming, 3 Express Knight, 3 Derricranes etc). I would change the double link material condition to: "If you don't control other monsters", so it's less powerful.

Legacy Shaman of the Raigeki

If this points to 2 different monsters: Raigeki. I know the 1200 ATK is low, but the fact that it requires only 2 generic monsters and has the Link Arrows in the perfect position, I'd say, makes it overpowered, IMO. Its effect is a free Raigeki, and this card is not difficult to make for a swarming deck. Maybe if this card was "Legacy Shaman of the Dark Hole" it would've been more balanced?

Legacy Shaman of the Greed

Draw 2 cards. Banish from GY, SS a Unrestricted from the GY. There's a reason why Pot of Greed is banned, and if you make this card, Unrestricted and some of the Legacy Shaman would become staples in everyone's deck. I can already see it on the banlist. Maybe if it were a link 4, and it would Tribute itself to draw the cards, it would be strong anyway, but at least you have to earn those cards.

Legacy Shaman of the Judgement

Once, Solemn Judgement. Standby Phase, if you have 8k LP, SS 3 Unrestricted. Unlike the other Shamans, this card is underpowered. Here's why: it requires a specific monster (although is splashable), has really low ATK, it can't be used for other Link Summons (otherwise you lose its effect) and has an effect that makes you lose half of your LP. The Standby Phase effect is useless, because a 650 ATK monster will never survive the opponent's turn, and if you use the protection effect, you'll lose that effect. And even if you're able to pull it off, you've already used an Unrestricted to make this card, so the best you could do is 2 level 4 monsters, and their effect can't be used because now there are 3 of them in the field/GY.

Legacy Shaman of the Yata

Skips your opponent's Draw Phase if deals damage, if your opponent Summons a monster in the middle, banish Yata to revive a Shaman. Oh man, Yata is banned, and making another Yata with more ATK wouldn't save it from the Banlist. Have you ever heard of Yata Lock? Kinda difficult to pull off, but Konami isn't removing Yata from the banlist soon. The other effect is useless too, your opponent isn't going to be that stupid, and even if he is, all you're doing is switching a potential Yata Lock for a Link monster that can't even offer you good Link Arrows (Links from GY are Summoned in the Main Monster Zones)

Legacy Shaman of the Norden

If Link Summoned, Norden effect. I mean, this one feels more fair/weak. It has a condition, and it only revives one monster. Norden is banned because it can be Instant Fusioned easily. This one requires 3 monsters (2 because of Unrestricted), so it 2 for one = -1. Also, it doesn't have enough ATK to be a beater.

Archived