Any way to actually 'detele' an account?

thesnivytrainer

Question

4 answers to this question

It has nothing to do with the PMs from before, I rarely get on YCM which is the reason I wanted to delete the account, but I do come back from time to time just to see whats new and I suppose being banned would probably prevent me from making another account in the future? Considering this It'd just be best to leave the account inactive. 

It has nothing to do with the PMs from before, I rarely get on YCM which is the reason I wanted to delete the account, but I do come back from time to time just to see whats new and I suppose being banned would probably prevent me from making another account in the future? Considering this It'd just be best to leave the account inactive. 

Unless you get IP banned, then no, you are free to make a new account in the future. 

We can delete accounts, strictly speaking, but doing so is generally not something we like to do. It messes with posts and the like, even if you haven't posted much. We can, however, permanently ban your account for the same approximate effect, but please take a bit to consider if you're absolutely sure that's what you want before deciding on that. If an account is permabanned at the user's request, it won't be undone. You're certain this is what you want?

Part of me thinks it has something to do with his PM being unanswered for a week about card templates to a now-defunct game, but IDK. If I haven't said this before, I do have a life outside of this site and RL matters take priority over stuff here, which include university-related business. (At this time, you should've gotten them).

But as Yui mentioned, while we can delete accounts (or more specifically, the Super Mods can), it's usually not done because it screws over posts and other things, especially if you have given out likes to other users. Permabanning your account won't remove you entirely, but that's the closest we can get you.

====

If you want the ban, fine, but there's no going back? Otherwise, you may wish to just leave it inactive. After a while, people will forget about you anyway.

Archived