Brand New - Science Fiction

bury the year

Its a great album for sure. Its sort of like the style of their earlier stuff but with the atmosphere of Daisy. Its got a very melancholy feel. The second time I listened to the album I was walking back from the convenience store at night and the album actually fits a night walk very well, I also saw a mama deer standing right beneath one of the lights surrounded by the darkness and when she ran off she had a baby there right behind her who stood there shortly before running off with her. The album also kinda fit the mood of deer on the other side of the street staring at you in the night pretty well. But yeah personal experience stories aside this album was another great one by Brand New, its right behind The Devil and God and Daisy.

Lit Me Up, Can't Get It Out, Same Logic/Teeth, Out of Mana, and 451 are my favorite tracks.

Lit Me Up, Can't Get It Out, Same Logic/Teeth, Out of Mana, and 451 are my favorite tracks.

451 is so solid holy funk. It doesn't seem to be a highlight for many but it's definitely in my top 3. Alongside Same Logic and Batter Up. I digress, it's such a banger.

And yeah, I really get the "Southern twang" feel from Daisy on here. You're right about the melancholy feel to it, too. Jesse sounds really defeated for much of it, but from the sounds of it that's not surprising. He's been wanting to give up on albums for a long time now, and it's basically in stone that they're disbanding next year, so I think this is a "half-hearted last hurrah" that still manages to pull the best parts of LP1-4 out.

451 is so solid holy f***. It doesn't seem to be a highlight for many but it's definitely in my top 3. Alongside Same Logic and Batter Up. I digress, it's such a banger.

And yeah, I really get the "Southern twang" feel from Daisy on here. You're right about the melancholy feel to it, too. Jesse sounds really defeated for much of it, but from the sounds of it that's not surprising. He's been wanting to give up on albums for a long time now, and it's basically in stone that they're disbanding next year, so I think this is a "half-hearted last hurrah" that still manages to pull the best parts of LP1-4 out.

Batter Up was actually my second least favorite on the album, it just felt like the track dragged on for too long. Least favorite and only track I wasnt into was Desert.

A shame that theyre leaving but im glad that they never left a bad impression on me. Also a shame that 451 is really that unpopular, I wouldve thought it wouldve been one of the bigger tracks.

Archived