Recode Talker

Atypical-Abbie

A take on the" code Talker" Archetype to make them more prominent, this card is able to boost its own ATK, like the other "code Talkers", and is able to revive them as well, for a Tribute only though. This has no other restrictions, however unless it is in the zone it points to, you must Link Summon with that monster and this card, so it can be tricky to use, unless that is the route you want to go, instead of having a strong monster to play around with. Its Link Arrows are also made to work well with the others, having both Left and Right as well as Down to perform Extra Links with.

recode_talker_by_zaziuma-dbl1m72.png

2+ Effect Monsters
Gains 200 ATK for each “code Talker” monster in the GYs. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster this card points to, then target 1 “code Talker” monster in your GY, except “Recode Talker”; Special Summon it. Immediately after this effect resolves, unless that target is Special Summoned to your zone this card points to, Link Summon 1 Link Monster using this card and that monster only.

Wait... is there some Link-6 "code Talker" monster I don't know about? That would be cool.

Anyways the card seems interesting but why is it a Link-3? Sure the others are as well but if it was a Link-2 with less ATK, you could make some Main Deck "code Talker" monsters that could be used along with this card to Summon the Link-3s. Also interesting that you can't Summon the monster you Tributed since the way you worded it the Tribute isn't a cost. As of right now it isn't as good, but it opens up design space for later so I can see why that would have to be there.

You could also do some interesting things if it was a Quick Effect, since you could dodge some target effects, but that might be too good.

Seems like a good card. I would run it along Decode, but considering Encode isn't going to see much play at all I don't have high hopes for what's going to be the next Junk archetype, an attempt at making a archetype out of a single card but not synergizing any of the cards to make a Deck that isn't just Synchrons.

Wait... is there some Link-6 "code Talker" monster I don't know about? That would be cool.

Anyways the card seems interesting but why is it a Link-3? Sure the others are as well but if it was a Link-2 with less ATK, you could make some Main Deck "code Talker" monsters that could be used along with this card to Summon the Link-3s. Also interesting that you can't Summon the monster you Tributed since the way you worded it the Tribute isn't a cost. As of right now it isn't as good, but it opens up design space for later so I can see why that would have to be there.

You could also do some interesting things if it was a Quick Effect, since you could dodge some target effects, but that might be too good.

Seems like a good card. I would run it along Decode, but considering Encode isn't going to see much play at all I don't have high hopes for what's going to be the next Junk archetype, an attempt at making a archetype out of a single card but not synergizing any of the cards to make a Deck that isn't just Synchrons.

Because the others are LINK-3, and I wanted to make it a LINK-3, I already stated that it's suppose to also help with making an Extra Link, so having options like that is why it's like that.

Tributing is a cost, I don't know what you are talking about, and you can re-Summon the monster you Tributed as well (as long as you had another target in the GY of course, since the activation condition must be met and such).

Sure, but having it as a Link-2 is a lot more practical, considering that it makes more opportunities later on and would have more synergy with its own effect. Having 1 less Link marker isn't really a problem when you're going to use it as a Link Material anyway. 

As for the cost/not cost shenanigans, that is the slightly blind up at 2 am part of me that is apparently illiterate. Sorry about that. It might be considered a bit more balanced to make it not a cost though, since it could easily recycle ignition effects and Summon the other code Talkers to zones that they aren't Linked to, which could, in turn, allow for more Link zones.

Sure, but having it as a Link-2 is a lot more practical, considering that it makes more opportunities later on and would have more synergy with its own effect. Having 1 less Link marker isn't really a problem when you're going to use it as a Link Material anyway. 

As for the cost/not cost shenanigans, that is the slightly blind up at 2 am part of me that is apparently illiterate. Sorry about that. It might be considered a bit more balanced to make it not a cost though, since it could easily recycle ignition effects and Summon the other code Talkers to zones that they aren't Linked to, which could, in turn, allow for more Link zones.

But that ain't gonna happen, since it's meant to be like the other code Talkers, so that's that.

Archived