Waterwizard monsters (Windwitch support)

Nekomata

Windwitches are one of the strongest and most consistent engines in the YGO world: they can basically Synchro Summon Crystal Wing by using just one card. They're usually put in lots of decks, but they can't really make a pure archetype on their own (there are just 5 of them). So I thought it would've been nice to have another small Archetype-engine, that would support the Windwitches by helping them recycle. The idea would be: first turn, Waterwizard engine, second turn, Windwitch, third turn Waterwizard etc...
Before listing the Waterwizards, I have to say they work exactly like Windwitches; they're their Water counterpart. The Synchros they're able to make, instead of Crystal Wing, are Crystron's boss monsters: Quariongandrax and Phoenix. But I'm sure someone will be able to figure out other strategies.

[spoiler=Waterwizards]
Waterwizard - Frost Bell  ATK 1200 DEF 1400 3 water Spellcaster/effect
If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then you can Special Summon 1 "Waterwizard" monster from your Deck, but it cannot be Tributed. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except WATER monsters.
The counterpart of Ice Bell.

Waterwizard - Bubble Bell  ATK 1400 DEF 1000 3 water Spellcaster/effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Waterwizard" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Waterwizard - Bubble Bell". You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except WATER monsters.
The counterpart of Glass Bell.

Waterwizard - Sea Bell  ATK 800 DEF 1200 3 water Spellcaster/Tuner/effect
If you control 2 or more WATER monsters, and no non-WATER monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can Special Summon one level 1 WATER monster from your Deck, and if you do, reduce this card's Level by one. The effect of the Summoned monster are negated, and it's destroyed during the End Phase.
The counterpart of Snow Bell, but with a swarming effect that allows you to Summon Crystrons.
Example: Summoning Phoenix, level 9, requires a tuner Synchro and 1 or more non-tuner Synchros. Use Frost-Bubble-Sea, then use Sea's effect to Summon a level 1 (like Performapal Seal Eel to negate a backrow card). Synchro Sea and Seal to Summon Tatsunoko, then Synchro Frost and Bubble to Summon Hurricane (also, inflict 700 damage). Then Synchro Tatsunoko and Hurricane: you have Phoenix, and you still haven't used the Normal Summon.

Waterwizard - Hurricane Bell  ATK 2000 DEF 2400 6 water Spellcaster/Synchro/effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned, you can target 1 "Waterwizard" monster in your GY, inflict to your opponent damage equal to half the target's original DEF. If this card is used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a WATER monster and sent to the GY: you can shuffle all "Waterwizard" monsters in your GY into the Deck, and if you do, add a WIND Spellcaster monster with 1000 ATK from your Deck to your hand.
The counterpart of Winter Bell, but it wants to be used as Synchro Material to get a Crystron and recycle all of the Waterwizards, then search Ice Bell. (It could also search my dear friend Majespecter - Yata :D)

[spoiler=A Windwitch card]
Windwitch - Cloud Bell  ATK 100 DEF 200 1 wind Spellcaster/Tuner/effect
If this card is Normal Summoned while you control exactly 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters (and no other monsters): You can add a "Waterwizard" monster from your Deck to your hand. A WIND Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as Synchro Material cannot be destroyed by battle.
Instead of searching Snow Bell, Windwitches could use their Normal Summon to search a Waterwizard. This card doesn't protect from card destruction like Snow Bell does, which is more useful, but from Battle destruction (it's a Cloud, after all).

Tell me what you think, could these cards be abusable by other Archetypes?

So I'm not the best as OCGrammar. I can see you've been improving, but I'll just give some advice where you seem misinformed

deck is always capitalized -- "Deck"

level is always capitalized -- "Level"

during the End Phase -- "At the end of the turn.

As for the archetype, no offense, but it's kinda just a copy/paste of Wind Witches but with different Levels. While they can't Special Summon Crystal Wing, they can go for Rank 3s, Trish, and occasionally Quariongandrax. Sea Bell seems a bit different though, considering it can change its level and even continue the Special Summoning.

Wind Witch - Cloudbell is a bit strange though. While it tries to merge the archetypes together, it asks for WIND monster to be on the field for its Normal Summon. I would rather it say Spellcasters instead since they're all Spellcasters.

My advice for your future designs it to start out with an idea revolving around a unique mechanic that influences the rest of the archetype's design, such as hybridizing Summoning mechanics like in ABCs or D/D/Ds, making their effects have similar abilities like Gladiator Beasts and Lightsworns, having a sub-archetype they use as resources like Fire Fists or Noble Knights, etc. All you really have here is consistency and Special Summoning, which is kinda boring on their own.

Hope my advice is helpful. You reviewed one of my posts earlier today. That was pretty awesome. I'm trying to give similar courtesy since you asked me a while back to review your stuff. 

Thanks for the OCG correction. I'm trying to get better at this, but I still need to work.

Btw, this concept was meant to be a copy/paste of Windwitches, doing the exact same strategy they already do, but with a different attribute. Just to see different Synchro monsters instead of Crystal Wing.

Sea Bell is different because I wanted the Waterwizards to be able to Summon Trishula, Phoenix, as well as Quariongandrax. It could also help Reginald's deck with the rank 3 WATER style.

Then I thought someone could try using both Windwitches and Waterwizards, so I put a recycling effect to the Synchro, Hurricane Bell, and added Cloud Bell, which can be searched instead of Snow Bell after using the Windwitch engine. It takes your Normal Summon, but allows you to use the Waterwizard engine next turn. That's why it works with 2 WIND monsters, it's meant to be Summoned with the Windwitches. I'm gonna take your advice, though. Waterwizards block only Special Summons, and Hurricane Bell doesn't require a WATER Tuner, so it could be used by pure Waterwizards.

Thanks for the help. This is actually the first time I try to add stuff to something it already exists. I feel it's easier to just start from scratch and create a new Archetype.

• 3 weeks later...

WARNING: Ulti-Hawk's Wall of Text incoming.

[spoiler=OVERALL]This Deck isn't generally abusable by other archetypes like Windwitch just because the WATER Synchro pool doesn't have anything comparable to Crystal Wing. They have powerful Synchros yes, but their own Crystal Wing? Nothing close.

Of course, they still have noteworthy Synchros. Tatsunoko, Coral Dragon, and Trishula, there are the White Aura, and (other) Ice Barrier Synchros. And the Waterwizards are Level 3, so maybe you could tech in Gishilnodon for a (techy) 3k beater? I really don't know. Anyhow, Deck is fine (maybe even a little weak) at the moment though.

Same thing with WATER Rank 3 (if it had access to WATER Rank 4 it'd be a different story), not a lot of good options. The Speedroid engine at least let you go for any Rank 3 without using a Normal Summon, and it didn't restrict you (it got hit for a reason). Waterwizard lets you go for any WATER Rank 3, but not sure if there are any noteworthy WATER generic 2 material Rank 3 except for maybe Acid Golem (crash into a Crystal Wing lmao), Granpulse (solid DEF stat and is an psuedo-MST), Rebarian Shark (because I'm sure some Deck will want that Rank-Up search), and maybe Humhumming (finish the game with 1100 direct attack?).

[spoiler=INDIVIDUAL CARDS]Frost Bell: Ice Bell clone which lets you go for any Level 6 WATER Synchro provided you control no monsters. Notably doesn't lock you into Level 5 or higher monsters like Ice Bell does, so you could go WATER R3NK instead, which is somewhat nice.

Bubble Bell: It's the searcher of the Deck, and it locks you into WATER monsters when you use its effect. Nothing much to say about this.

Sea Bell: Good card, a free Tuner if you control 2 or more WATER monsters. No hard OPT on the Summon. It's also a searcher. Neat. Allowing it to change its Level to 2 allows not only for Tatsunoko (as already mentioned), but also Level 5 (Ametrix) or 8 Synchro (White Aura Whale) plays, or just going straight into Quariongandrax paired with Hurricane Bell.
The Level 1 summon is even more pretty amazing, being able to grab any Level 1 WATER means that in addition to the aforementioned example of Seal Eel (speaking of, how are you gonna use Seal's effect if this card negates them?), you could also grab Neptabyss (which will still trigger if sent to the Grave to activate a WATER monster’s effect), Crystron Quan (maybe?), and a few other options. Hell, this is actually a very good card for any WATER Deck that might want that Level 1. Just give the effect a hard OPT to avoid abuse.

Hurricane Bell: This card seems like it exists solely to ladder with. One of my main gripes with Winter Bell. The damage infliction effect is weaker than Winter Bell both in inflicted damage and trigger. If it triggered on any Special Summon, did full DEF as damage and had a hard OPT, it'll still be weaker (hint hint). Card has solid stats I suppose (though I feel the DEF is a bit low), though I suppose the card won't be on the field long enough for that to matter.
As for the Graveyard effect, it seems weak and is not very versatile. Rather than only being able to trigger when it is used as a Synchro Material, you could make it do that it activates when it hit the Graveyard in general or even buff it so it triggers if it just leaves the field (like Denglong). As for the shuffling effect, maybe make it so that it shuffles a set amount of Waterwizards, like 3 or 5?
The search itself is strange. Why just a WIND Spellcaster with 1000 ATK? That's (as you know) literally just two monsters in the game. I don't see any reason why this card should have such a limited search. By the time its effect triggers you ideally already have a monster on the board and Ice Bell (the intended target) won't even be able to trigger (and why only Ice Bell, only 1 of the 3 Main Deck Windwitch monsters?). While I would recommend that it search out any WIND Spellcaster with 1500 or less ATK (so it can net all the Windwitch), this might be too powerful an effect.
And it also doesn't search out WATER Spellcaster, so you can't even search out Waterwizards.

I won't judge Cloudbell, for the reason below.

[spoiler=CRITIQUE(?)]The synergy with Windwitch seems forced. Literally has zero synergy outside of the fact that Hurricane Bell can search (only) Ice Bell. A hybrid Deck of the two wouldn't function very fluently at all. This Deck would be better as its own thing and it would be great if you made more support for it with this in mind.

Thanks for the review.

As for the cards, I've already said Frost and Bubble are copies of their respective Windwitches, just Water-Style (that includes the Rank 3, of course).

I don't think Sea needs a hard OPT (Windwitch - Snow doesn't have one, and there's already a OPT clause on the effect). I mean, could someone figure out a way to Summon more Seas per turn? And even if they do, they can just Summon more monsters to get Mastar Boy? I don't know.

The synergy idea was to use an engine per turn. If you see Cloud and Hurricane, they're meant to provide the starting card (Ice and Frost) to get a Synchro per turn. It doesn't sound fluent, but I guess it would be fun anyway. Also, I know Ice and Frost can only be used when you have empty field. Maybe they'll need an autodestruction card (Meklord Wind and Water Bell?).

Archived