Pyruptor Archetype (12/12)

Atypical-Abbie

Pyruptor is an Archetype of Level 10 Pyro/FIRE Special Summon only monsters with 2500 ATK and DEF. They each have the same effect which Special Summons them when you take 1000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card, then it destroys all other monsters you control and allows you to destroy cards your opponent control up to the number of other Pyruptor monsters destroyed that way. Along with that, each monster has an effect that activates when destroyed by battle or card effect. Their Spell/Traps are made to help them activate easier, allowing you to take a specific amount of damage, change battle position, force battles and more. Their name comes from Pyro and Eruption, and they are based around volcanoes found IRL as well as terms relating to them.

Monsters:

Pyruptor Fuji  

Pyro/FIRE

Level 10

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by a card effect. When you take 1000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy as many other monsters you control as possible, then destroy cards your opponent controls up to the number of "Pyruptor" monsters destroyed by this effect. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can add 1 "Pyruptor" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Pyruptor Fuji". You can only use this effect of "Pyruptor Fuji" once per turn.

2500/2500

Pyruptor Koryaksky 

Pyro/FIRE

Level 10

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by a card effect. When you take 1000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy as many other monsters you control as possible, then destroy cards your opponent controls up to the number of "Pyruptor" monsters destroyed by this effect. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can add 1 "Pyruptor" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Pyruptor Koryaksky" once per turn.

2500/2500

Pyruptor Pissis    

Pyro/FIRE

Level 10

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by a card effect. When you take 1000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy as many other monsters you control as possible, then destroy cards your opponent controls up to the number of "Pyruptor" monsters destroyed by this effect. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 "Pyruptor" monster in your GY, except "Pyruptor Pissis"; Special Summon that target in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Pyruptor Pissis" once per turn.

2500/2500

Pyruptor Tipas

Pyro/FIRE

Level 10

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by a card effect. When you take 1000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy as many other monsters you control as possible, then destroy cards your opponent controls up to the number of "Pyruptor" monsters destroyed by this effect. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 "Pyruptor" card in your GY, except "Pyruptor Tipas"; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Pyruptor Tipas" once per turn.

2500/2500  

Pyruptor Maipo

Pyro/FIRE

Level 10

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by a card effect. When you take 1000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy as many other monsters you control as possible, then destroy cards your opponent controls up to the number of "Pyruptor" monsters destroyed by this effect. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 2 "Pyruptor Tokens" (Pyro/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only use this effect of "Pyruptor Maipo" once per turn.

2500/2500  

Pyruptor Etna

Pyro/FIRE

Level 10

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by a card effect. When you take 1000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy as many other monsters you control as possible, then destroy cards your opponent controls up to the number of "Pyruptor" monsters destroyed by this effect. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Pyruptor" monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Pyruptor Etna" once per turn.

2500/2500

Pyruptor Salado

Pyro/FIRE

Level 12

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect. When you take 2000 or more battle or effect damage from your opponent's card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, destroy all other monsters on the field, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 2 "Pyruptor" monsters from your Deck with different names, but they are destroyed during the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Pyruptor Salado" once per turn.

3000/3000

Spells/Traps:

Pyruptor Volcano

Field Spell

All "Pyruptor" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF during your turn, but lose 500 ATK and DEF during your opponent's turn. Once per turn, if you would take battle or effect damage from your opponent's card, you can make that damage become 1000   instead. During the End Phase, if a "Pyruptor" monster you control was destroyed by a card effect this turn: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards on the field destroyed by card effects this turn x 200.

Pyruptor Activity

Continuous Spell

While you control no monsters, all monsters your opponent controls must attack, if able. You can discard 1 "Pyruptor" card; gain 1000 LP, then if the discarded card is a monster, draw 1 card. (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; reveal 1 "Pyruptor" monster in your hand, and if you do, change its battle position. You can only use each effect of "Pyruptor Activity" once per turn.

Pyruptor Lava

Quick-Play Spell Card

Target 1 "Pyruptor" monster you control; destroy that target, and if you do, all monsters your opponent control lose 1000 ATK and DEF,  then if a monster's ATK or DEF has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it. If a "Pyruptor" monster(s) would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead of 1 of those monsters.

Pyruptor Magma

Normal Trap

Target 1 face-up monster you control; destroy that target, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Pyruptor" monster from your hand. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the GY (Quick Effect): You target 1 "Pyruptor" monster you control; destroy that target, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your GY as an Effect Monster (Pyro/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, any battle damage you would take from battles involving this card become 1000. You can only control 1 "Pyruptor Magma".

Pyruptor Rise  

Normal Trap

Target 1 "Pyruptor" monster in your GY; Special Summon it and equip it with this card. Your opponent cannot target it for attacks, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly. When this card leaves the field, destroy that target. If you control "Pyruptor Volcano", you can activate this card from your hand. You can only activate 1 "Pyruptor Rise" per turn.

A Volcano battling? Cool. Reminds me of No. 6 Atlandis, maybe because in the Anime it used to attack with an eruption/punch. Btw, let's review.

Pyruptor Fuji 

Ok so, it's a searcher. Pretty standard, it introduces the Archetype concept.

Pyruptor Koryaksky

Searches Spell and Traps. Again, pretty basic.

Pyruptor Pissis

Revives a Pyruptor when destroyed. Yeah, they all don't have weird effects, they're really standard with an original mechanic.

Pyruptor Tipas

Add a Pyruptor from GY to the hand, which means you have to wait for more damage to be dealed.

Pyruptor Maipo

Summons 2 Tokens. Waiting for a Link that requires 2 FIRE monsters. Otherwise, I can't see any use for those.

Pyruptor Etna

SS a Pyruptor from the hand. At least you can avoid weird autodestructive chains. If you take damage, you can activate the effect of all Pyruptors in your hand, they will be Summoned, then their effect will activate leaving with no monsters. This awesome Italian volcano can prevent that.

Pyruptor Salado

This card doesn't destroy cards equal to the Pyruptors destroyed, but just burns. If destroyed SS 2 monsters from the Deck. Feels balanced to me, even if it Summons 2 monsters and destroy them, triggering their effects. Summoning this will be quite difficult, I guess.

Pyruptor Volcano

+500 ATK/DEF during your turn, -500 ATK/DEF during your opponent's turn. Opt, make a damage 1000. Amazing burn during the end of the turn. Well, this is definitely the most valuable card so far. I was thinking of a few ways to beat a pure Pyruptor Deck, and I came up with 2 solutions. You can either deal lots of little damage (Tricksters), or deal a single big damage (Chaos Max). This card counters everything, fixing some of the problems with this Deck.

Pyruptor Activity

Forces battle / Discard 1 card, +1000 and draw / change battle position (Quick Effect). Mh. Kinda overpowered. The first effect is okay, and the third one can force a weak monster to attack if your opponent decides to play defensively. But the second one is just broken. There are 2 monsters that can recycle Pyruptors (SS from GY or add to hand), so that wouldn't be a waste of resources, and I wouldn't want to have more Pyruptors in my hand, because they would autodestruct if Summoned together. I would remove the drawing effect completely. It's a free +0 that makes you gain Life Points, and helps you draw cards you need.

Pyruptor Lava

Destroy a Pyruptor, Venom Swamp x2. Protection by banishing. They needed this. They love being destroyed, and the ATK reduce is nice, since you'll be being attacked a lot. I have just one question, why does Lava destroy a Volcano?

Pyruptor Magma

Destroy a monster you control, SS a Pyruptor from hand. Destroy a monster you control and SS this as a monster. Battle damage becomes 1000. I have nothing to say. Again, they needed this as well.

Pyruptor Rise

SS a Pyruptor from GY, can't be targeted with attacks. If destroyed, destroy the monster. Hand trap if you have the Field Spell. Basically a Call of the Haunted hand trap for Pyruptors. I would remove the protection from attacks: I think that if someone plays a deck with these cards, you aren't going to love being attaked directly. Also, Pyruptors love to be destroyed. They have 2000/2500 DEF, which isn't bad.

Ok, done.

Personally I wouldn't play this Deck. I mean, it has a cool mechanic, but the monsters look so similar, and in order to make plays you have to wait for your opponent to attack. A smart player will just wait until he has enough resources to OTK you or at least build some Field presence, and once he's done, you won't be able to do anything. And what about going first? What can you do? During the very first turns you can't do anything.

Here's a card I think will solve some problems.

Pyruptor Eyjafjallajökull yes, I like complicated names. ATK 1000 DEF 1500 Level 4/FIRE/Pyro/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) to your opponent side of the field. This card cannot be used as Synchro, XYZ or Link Material. While this card is face-up on your side of the field, change all face-up monsters you control (except this card) to Defense Position. This card cannot change its Battle Position. This card must attack, if able. If this card deals damage to your opponent, both players gain 1000 Life Points at the end of the Battle Phase, and if you do, destroy this card.

That's what you would do on your first turn. You would Summon this card, lock your opponent (unless he has some Tribute monsters) and wait until it attacks you, then start playing. Maybe it's a little overpowered, but it should work and it can't be splashed into other Decks.

Archived