Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Pristine Lands (PG-16 / OoC / Not Started / Accepting)

Kazooie

*Potentially a logo at some point*

Co-hosted by Black!

[spoiler=Plot]

It looks like a flier for the Explorer's Guild...

For ages, civilized Pokemon lived in peace, protected from the wild magic that surrounded them, thanks to the efforts of the Explorer's Guild. The home to the brave Pokemon who braved the wild terrain and explored it, mapping out the world for the future. Without these Pokemon, the growth of the civilized society would have been horribly stifled. They created maps of their land, traversed the roughest mountains, and protected their people.

Recently though, the guild is looking to expand their horizons. The current continent is almost completely mapped out, and we're running out of places to send recruits. The most logical course of action? Send some Pokemon overseas and explore a new land of course! The Explorer's Guild is sponsoring a massive journey, new recruits and older recruits all journeying across the ocean, to a land that hasn't been explored by them yet!

What's there to lose? The quickest route there has been established, ships have been built, and the journey is scheduled to begin in less than a month. There's still time for new recruits to step forward and volunteer for the journey, just get to the guild hall and join in, and make sure to ask about the upcoming voyage!

Treasure Town will always be here, waiting for your return.

[spoiler=Notes about the RP]

So, some notes about this RP.

It's going to be heavily focused on exploration of the new continent and character growth. Obviously with Pokemon involved, there is going to be a bit of combat involved, but that's going to be less important than the other two aspects.

Areas are going to have mysteries surrounding them that the guild will try to figure out. If you played the second PMD games, think about the guild expedition to the Foggy Forest. The goal is to learn about the new locations, not just conquer them.

Character interaction is gonna be important. So... While it's okay to make a more shy or quiet character, they won't be able to run off and just do whatever, they'll have to interact with the guild. They may get assigned to work with someone they don't want to. Guildmaster's word is law.

There will be time between the big expeditions as well, the guild members will be able to interact, explore around the growing town, meet new NPC's!

Yes I know there are a decent number of Pokemon RP's at the moment. But I've been thinking about this for a long time, and if I just wait... More will crop up. Plus I don't think any of them are Mystery Dungeon based. The closest to that is the Gijinka RP!

We won't be sticking super hard to the level idea of the Pokemon series, cause... Well, that's a little hard to manage in this sort of environment. Experience is more important, and not as in points. Your Pokemon will learn new moves and things over time.

[spoiler=Rules]

All Site and RP Section rules apply

While this RP is going to be heavily moved by the characters and their actions, I do reserve the right to kickstart things if needed. Host has final say and all.

Feel free to contact me with questions, and if there are complaints, please keep them civil. If there's an issue, I want it to be handled maturely, that way it doesn't get too bad!

This is gonna be rated PG-16, cause... I can't do Mature RP's here. -v-

There is no guarantee I'll keep applications running openly, but you can always contact me through PM's to discuss a way to introduce you and a new character into the RP!

[spoiler=Map of Explored Regions]

NlVxq1q.jpg

[spoiler=Application]

Name: Self-explanatory. What is your character’s name?

Species: What Pokemon is your character? It's heavily recommended that you stick to first form Pokemon.

Alolan forms are not allowed due to the RP's location. Importing Alolan forms would reduce the importance of the journey across the sea, and wouldn't exactly fit in with the setting since there isn't meant to be any ties to the main series.

Ability: For the Pokemon that have more than one. Hidden Abilities are iffy, but I'm going to allow them. Obviously abilities don't... Exactly work as they would in the main games, but if it's one like Regenerator, we can figure out how to make it work.

Moves: Since most Pokemon joining are going to be relatively new trainees, it's recommended to have basic moves like Tackle, ect.

Appearance: A picture/description of the Pokemon chosen, differences such as birthmarks, injuries, any accessories worn should be included here.

Personality: Minimum: Four lines. What they're like, most of you should know what a personality is.

Biography: Minimum: Five lines, what led to this character joining the guild, what their motivation is, significant events that led them to be who they are. Things like that.

Miscellaneous Things: Exactly what it says. Things that don't quite fit in above, either due to me forgetting something or you having a creative idea!

Skype: I will be making a Skype group for this, obviously this isn't required, but if you wish to join that, let me know. It'll make things... Smoother? It's supposed to at least.

Name:

Species:

Ability:

Moves: 

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Misc (Optional, delete if not used):

Skype (Optional, delete if not used):

[spoiler=Accepted Applications]

[spoiler=The Guild Master]
Name: Bas

Species: Weavile

Ability: Pressure

Moves: Ice Shard, Night Slash, Embargo, Poison Jab

[spoiler=Appearance]

Bas is, for the most part, pretty standard looking as far as Weavile go. When one looks at her, the first noticeable thing is the pure size of her claws. While most Weavile keep them tripped fairly mid-length, her’s are cut shorter than most, but so much sharper. She makes a regular habit of trimming them, and it’s not uncommon to see her dragging the claws along trees and rocks when she’s out on an expedition with the group.

Another marking of note is that the gem on her forehead had a crack running through it, running from the top left down to the middle point of the gem. When she’s asked about it, she tends to just shrug off the question, before returning to whatever she had been doing prior to it.

Her crown of feathers along the top of her head were all of varying length, some cut shorter than others, simulating a messy hairstyle, thought it wasn’t intentional. Years of exploration and combat resulted in a lot of close scrapes, and it reflected her slightly worn appearance. But despite the wear and tear, her eyes showed a fire in them, eager and ready for her next challenge.

[spoiler=Personality]

Bas lives by a simple rule, “Teamwork is everything.” She’s extremely focused on groups functioning, regardless of personal feelings and feuds between people. She prides herself on the Guild running like clockwork, not a single one of her plans out of place. She doesn’t allow anyone to cause her plans to run astray, and will quickly reprimand anyone who acts out of line.

That said, she doesn’t exactly make grand plans in the first place. Much of what she does is on the spot, as long as it’s done together, she doesn’t mind too much. She’s not unreasonable, if people are in danger, she won’t punish someone for acting in a way that goes against what she ordered… As long as it makes sense. She’s much less likely to be alright with someone rushing into a dangerous territory alone than to allow someone to come to her to ask for permission. After all, when she knows what’s happening, she can make sure everyone is properly set up.

She does have a streak of mischievousness in her, which isn’t uncommon for her kind. She’ll set up tests for new recruits in ways they might not expect, and personal ‘jobs’ from her often have underlying motivations. 

[spoiler=Biography]

Bas keeps her past mostly to herself, especially when it comes to the new recruits. Her second-in-command knows a lot about her, but she trusts him enough to not tell anyone.

What she’s shared and is general knowledge generally has to do with her time as a recruit at the Guild, before taking over the spot from the last leader. She joined the Guild as a Sneasel, and was a ‘crucial’ part of the majority of the expeditions she went on, at least according to her. In actuality, she was as important as most new recruits, playing minor roles over time, but she proved herself and was allowed to aid in larger missions.

When the last Guildmaster had chosen to depart, she took over. Already a Weavile at this stage, she began to take a more hands-on approach in the training of recruits, often times having special dungeons set up for them to test and see just where their skills were at.

When she got wind of a potential new world to explore… Well, the taste of adventure got to her. She immediately ordered for the Guild to prepare to relocate, though after some convincing, she realized she couldn’t take everyone. She sent out the word that new recruits were wanted, and prepared the needed materials for the journey over the sea. She opted to go travel to the new world, bringing her second in command with her after appointing a proper replacement for her in the first guild.

[spoiler=The Second in Command]

Name: Eden

Species: Roselia

Ability: Poison Point

Moves: Magical Leaf, Mega Drain, Extrasensory, Stun Spore

[spoiler=Appearance]
Eden's right rose is a lighter pink, with some parts appearing almost white. His left rose is much the opposite, with a dark blue, where the fringes look black. He has soft violet eyes, perfectly between the colors of his roses. He always wears a tattered charcoal grey scarf about his neck. Otherwise, he's your run of the mill Roselia.

Roses:
One
Two

[spoiler=Personality]
Eden maintains a serene air to him nigh constantly, never really letting his smile slip from his face, except to ponder something. He tends to dote on the younger members of the guild, though he's known for remaining cordial. He's also the more organized between himself and the guildmaster, trying his best to keep her on task.

However, his calmness is not to be taken for a lack of investment or passion. Eden has passion for things the same as everyone else, but it's rare that he lets his emotions rule his actions in such a way.

There are also times that he comes across a little... fussy over appearances. He holds pride in his roses and scarf, and expects that people carry themselves with dignity.

[spoiler=Biography]
Eden was born to a Nuzleaf and Roselia duo, along with 5 brothers and sisters. His mother, Liza, was known in their hometown for her lighter colored roses, and this was clearly inherited by himself and his siblings. However, Eden's left rose took a much darker color, seemingly due to his father.

As they grew up, Eden managed to stand out above his siblings, mostly due to confidence granted to him by his opposing roses. They didn't matter much as a Budew, but he made sure to make the room his, all the same. Even at school, he made sure to excel, making a small star of himself, especially with his slight psychic prowess allowing him to do things a normal Budew couldn't. However, he always noticed one of the kids never really interacted with anyone outside of school. She was fine talking to people or playing at school, but she simply headed home when it ended. Little Eden let curiosity get the better of him, and followed the girl home one day, telling his siblings he'd be home soon.

What he found was that, as soon as she got out of sight of the school, she put a grey scarf on, and had a big grin on her face, though Eden had no clue what the reason could be. After a good bit more walking, and the sun soon to set, she stopped outside of a forest on the edge of town, adjusting the scarf before charging in. Eden was shocked. They were forbidden from leaving town, it wasn't safe in the magic wilderness. The Budew took a deep breath and charged in after the girl.

However, he quickly got lost, not knowing about the nature of Mystery Dungeons. He knew they were forbidden, but not the twists and turns that would await him, or the floors he'd have to go through. The first pokemon he tried to talk to, a Pidgeotto, ended up attacking him without a word. He took quite a few hits as he ran away on his stubby legs, eventually getting cornered. As the bird moved in on him, he closed his eyes and screamed. The bird shrieked in reply.

Then it was over. But... Eden wasn't dead. He opened his eyes to see the Pidgeotto to the side, slivers of ice sticking out of its body, and a Sneasel kicking it. Then the a flash of grey on its neck caught his eye.

Bas from school.

"You really shouldn't be here."

The Sneasel scolded him, but he rushed to her and cried against her. The girl flinched at first, but resigned herself to hugging the sobbing Budew. Without a word, she tied the scarf around his underveloped arms, then beckoned for Eden to follow her. Before long, they were back at the edge of the forest. She sternly told him to go home, heading her own way without another word, though she didn't reclaim her scarf. Eden smiled to himself, running home. He would be grounded, but it was worth seeing something like that.

After that, Eden followed Bas around like a puppy after that. He could tell she wasn't entirely happy with him doing it, but he didn't care. In his eyes, she was the coolest.

Over time, the two grew close, and Eden evolved. They left school before they were intended to, running off to join the Explorer's Guild. The rest is mum, even by Eden's less reserved tongue.

Theme: Gray Rose

I've been meaning to try and join other RPs as a player again, and damn if i don't love explorers of time. Count me in. I think Black still has me on skype but if he lost my info just let me know and I'll give it to one or both of you.

Don't forget to add the RP rating! ;)

I remember when you brought this around the first time, and I am still interested in this. Tell me, oh mighty Black and Bird, could I use the apps I had previously made for this? Or shall I make a new one?

[spoiler=Do robots meme with electric feels?]

"There there, everything will be alright... What do you mean you're joking?"

Name: Gaul (gahll)

Species: Golett

Ability: Iron Fist

Moves:
Shadow Punch
Confide
Defense Curl
Rollout

[spoiler=Appearance:]
10mq6ba.png
If the image doesn't show up, their normal chest seal symbol is replaced by an open-ended heart design, and their eyes are a bit wider in a few places than that of the standard Golett

[spoiler=Personality:]
Gaul is, in every essence of the word, oblivious. They fail to pick up on subtleties, such as sarcasm or flirting or anything of the like. If one would want to convey their feelings, they would need to be extremely obvious about it, perhaps going as far as to literally say something along the lines as "I'm trying to flirt with you" or "It was a joke."

Despite this social obliviousness, Gaul is extremely good at dealing with other pokemon's problems, especially the emotional kind. They are kind and caring when a pokemon is upset, and they are firm when the other party needs to get it, whatever it is, through their head. 

[spoiler=Biography:]
Gaul grew up in an environment much different than most Golett. Hatched from an egg by a Chansey and Audino couple who ran an inn and health clinic, Gaul was raised in an aura of caring and support. They were taught the good that can come from helping others, both physically and emotionally, through the odd jobs that their parents sent them to do while in the inn and clinic. One day, while making a bed in the clinic, Gaul heard laughter coming from the next room. Curious as they were at their young age, they finished up the bed in a hurry and decided to peep in to see what was so mirthful.

In that room there sat Gaul's Audino mother beside a Dugtrio, the both of them having a good laugh. The Dugtrio was saying how they tried to save a teammate from an attack, and ended up getting stepped on when their teammate dodged it. When one of the heads glanced towards the door, it gestured for Gaul to come in. Gaul's mother introduced them to each other, and the Dugtrio asked Gaul a question that would take them on their exploration:

"Isn't helping others a great thing?"

This question got Gaul thinking, and with thinking came planning. They thought about what it would be like to help others outside of his mothers' inn and clinic. They thought about the Dugtrio and how they were out there in the world, helping others. They knew that they wanted to be just like that Dugtrio. So, with the support from their mothers, Gaul left their home to join the Explorer's Guild. 

Misc:
I actually have this pokemon, except they're shiny and a Golurk now. Oops.
Gaul is a triple A Robot: Agender, Asexual, and Aromantic. 

[spoiler=Theme:]

I'm noting interest. App will go here.

I've been meaning to try and join other RPs as a player again, and damn if i don't love explorers of time. Count me in. I think Black still has me on skype but if he lost my info just let me know and I'll give it to one or both of you.

Don't forget to add the RP rating! ;)

Interest noted for both of ya, and rating added. I had it in the rules, it just slipped my mind to add it to the Title. -v-''

I remember when you brought this around the first time, and I am still interested in this. Tell me, oh mighty Black and Bird, could I use the apps I had previously made for this? Or shall I make a new one?

From looking at it, the Golett from the last one should be fine to use, for sure. The Sigilyph was a little strong, but repost the Golett in your post for easy reference and we're solid on that one. Black really liked the idea behind it when I linked him to it!

Le finished app.

[spoiler=Thundercats! Ho!]

Name: Lior

Species:​ Shinx

Ability: Rivalry

Moves: Tackle, Leer, Spark, Bite

The typical shinx appearance is given below. However Lior's markings and tails bear slight differences. The horizontal lines in the yellow crosses on the ears are angled up towards the top of the ear. Also the yellow formation at the end of his tail is five pointed instead of the usual four. No regularly worn accessories/gear to speak of.

a041eb9de6af051271b6c2b517651a89--real-p

Lior exudes unjustified confidence. He is bold and eagerly engages with anything he finds interesting. He very often overstates his abilities only to get frustrated later when called out on it. However he'll just as often obstain from things he thinks are silly. That said it doesn't take much to get him invested, especially if presented with a challenge or competition. His competitive streak runs deep and has often gotten him into trouble. Anyone can become his rival for any activity and he has a long list of them. But he has fun with it. He'll often challenge people to things they beat him in only to lose again and have a good laugh about it. He's nothing if not overly determined to do things he sets his sight on.

The displays of energy and competitiveness come from a deep desire for recognition. Lior, as the youngest of several boys in his family, has always had the acheivements of older siblings to look to and try to surpass in order to stand out. Outwardly he appears to enjoy the effort and for the most part it's true. But it's also undeniable that he wishes he could just be himself and not worry about what others were doing. Then comes the issue he isn't entirely sure who he himself is. What he likes as best he can tell is competing so he does that. He likes doing so many different things he can't always say what his favorite things are.

The young shinx is surprisingly easy to get crying, or at least tearing up. Frustration is one thing but even just a sad story tends to get him emotional. While angry or upset he tends to try and stifle them and not let others see. If it's just with good friends he'll be more open with them. On that note, he's no good with consoling others. Usually he's too fast paced to notice they need his help. But in the event he is aware of what's going on, he's not great at knowing what to say. The most he can offer is an ear and a hug.

Exploring is a joy for him, hence joining the guild. He's determined to make a name for himself and hopefully get something named after him. Like a mountain or something. However there is one thing he doesn't like to explore: girls. He is unusually awkward and uncomfortable around girls. Not that he doesn't like them, he just doesn't know what to expect from them. Or at least he thinks he doesn't. Just talking to them might make that easier to figure out. He'd hardly know what to do with himself if he ever fell for one.

Lior is the youngest of seven children born to a proud couple of Luxrays. All of the children were boys which was hard on the mother of the family to an extent. But for the most part things were peaceful and happy. The seven Shinx brothers were all very competitive with each other. What one excelled at another would try to outperform themselves or get good at something else and challenge the others to beat them. As the youngest, Lior of course had the most precendents to fight against in any of his acheivements. Teachers had had all of his brothers before him, anything he tried to do one of his brothers had already done, and well at that. It became a struggle for the young boy to get out from under the shadows of his family and establish himself as anything other than the youngest brother.

With so much to prove Lior naturally became hyper competitive and attempted to do everything better than all of his brothers. It usually didn't end well. But as a result there isn't much of anything the Shinx hasn't tried to do at some point or another. Instead of excelling in any one thing he stretched himself thin trying to do everything. HIs parents worried but he always assured them he was fine and happy. And for the most part it was true. But he wouldn't let anyone see him when he didn't feel like smiling and yelling out challenges.

In between trying to set a record for non-water-type swims and trying to literally run up the side of the tallest tree at school, the Explorer's Guild came into Lior's life. Or at the least he heard of it. He didn't do much with it at the time despite how cool it sounded. But as time went on he began to hear more stories from former members. The tipping point in his decision to join came when he looked around and realized something important. None of his brothers had ever thought of joining the Guild! It sounded perfect. Nothing could set him apart more.

And so without really talking about it to anyone, the young Shinx bravely left in the middle of the night to go join the Guild's expedition to the new continent. Or at least that's what he tells people. His parents caught his first attempt at leaving and he had to sit down and explain himself. Though perhaps a bit hesitant, his parents ultimately approved and sent him on his way, and far more actually prepared for such a thing. And so Lior became a new recruit of the Explorer's Guild to explore the new continent. He's hoping to make a huge name for himself and make a lot of good friends along the way.

From looking at it, the Golett from the last one should be fine to use, for sure. The Sigilyph was a little strong, but repost the Golett in your post for easy reference and we're solid on that one. Black really liked the idea behind it when I linked him to it!

Bingo bongo, it is done-go

Wip

[spoiler=Character App]

Name: Orion

Species: Pawniard

Ability: Defiant

Moves: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Iron Head, X-Scissor

[spoiler=Appearance]

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXeik8ppNrv87r9XlXKif1veKqWoLQNzwSi2ns7_uYztD4QAZK

Here is the image of a regular Pawniard. Orion looks like this, but has blades that are a little bit larger than most Pawniards his age. He also wears a Black scarf with a blade pattern on it.

[spoiler=personality]

[spoiler=Bio]

[spoiler=Flame Doggo(WIP)] 

fsZuZwO.jpg?3

"Why you so serious?"

Y5HYpy6.png

Personal Info

Name: Charlie

Species: Growlithe

[spoiler=Appearance]bfUKoBZ.png

Charlie looks similar to any other growlithe. If it wasn't for the large symbol painted on his back represting arceus (https://en.pokemoncardmarket.eu/img/9fbfc15a2702c426b190c29f7748fd35/items/1017/290614.jpg), he would be impossible to tell apart.

[spoiler=Personality] Minimum: Four lines. What they're like, most of you should know what a personality is.

[spoiler=Biography] Minimum: Five lines, what led to this character joining the guild, what their motivation is, significant events that led them to be who they are. Things like that.

Y5HYpy6.png

Pokemon Info

Ability: Flash Fire

Moves: Since most Pokemon joining are going to be relatively new trainees, it's recommended to have basic moves like Tackle, ect.

Y5HYpy6.png

Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous Things: Exactly what it says. Things that don't quite fit in above, either due to me forgetting something or you having a creative idea!

Skype: I will be making a Skype group for this, obviously this isn't required, but if you wish to join that, let me know. It'll make things... Smoother? It's supposed to at least.

Quick question: is this in-canon at all with explorers of time/darkness? Or does it take place in an alternate universe.

And if it is canon, when relative to the games does the plot take place?

None of the PMD games seem to be directly connected to one another, and this one is the same in that regard. Consider it an alternate universe. The mainland is left vague intentionally to let you guys have some flexibility with your backstories!

The closest thing to a connection is that Treasure Town exists, and that's mostly because it's just an iconic name and that I just love it.

The first post is also updated with the map of the new continent now! It's bare for the moment, but soon you'll all have the chance to help expand the known territory and learn what this place has to offer!

Done and done! And fixed!

[spoiler= Riley the Azurill]

Name: Riley

Species: Azurill

Ability: Huge Power

Moves: Bounce – Slam – Bubble Beam – Work Up

[spoiler=Appearance]

250px-298Azurill.png

Riley's tail ball is slightly larger than average.

[spoiler=Personality]

Despite his size, Riley is a brave lil Pokemon. Not afraid to speak his mind whenever he witnesses an injustice, this has gotten him into quite some trouble from a young age. Because of that, he has developed a bit of a knack for combat and strategy, managing to out-wit bigger foes with ease. Over time he has grown cocky, but not to the point of not depending on anyone. He understands that in a team, everybody has a role. And who better than him to tell others what their role is?

When a disagreement ensues, Riley tries to make his voice heard louder, even if it means recurring to violence. He's stubborn, and might feel challenged personally when somebody voices a contrary opinion. Because of this, he comes off as bossy and hard-to-approach more often than not. When he is overpowered, Riley can get furious and stop thinking rationally, which causes him to make a lot of mistakes in battle more often than not. Bravery and not knowing when to quit are a blessing and a curse in this young Azurill.

[spoiler=Biography]

Riley was brought up in the care of a travelling monk Mienshao by the name of Foo, who found him as an egg on the side of the road. As a father, Foo was strict and cold, always reminding Riley of how lucky he was that he'd found the egg and not anybody else. Riley didn't think so, however. Riley saw Foo as a tyrant, and wasn't afraid to call him out on his tomfoolery (which earned him a beating more often than not). Still, Riley admired Foo's strength and martial arts prowess, and Foo admired Riley's bravery.

One night, when closing in on a town to stay the night, they were assaulted by a group of Scrafty bandits, demanding Foo hand over everything he had. After refusing, they turned violent and attacked the pair, yet were dispatched with ease by the skilled Mienshao. Riley even managed to knock one down, which impressed his father. Still, when Riley pleaded to learn how to fight like him, Foo simply responded, “This is the result of years of surviving in isolation. If you wish to learn, then our paths must diverge here, and may never cross again. If they do, however, I'll put you to the test myself.”

Riley agreed, puffing out his chest. They went on separate directions, Riley straying off the beaten path in search for challenges. Some time into his travels, when staying in Treasure Town, word of the Explorer's Guild reached Riley's ears, and he was instantly hooked on the idea. Charting a new continent, facing unknown perils...this was exactly what he needed to better himself.

Name: Kimberly Greytail

Species: Pidgey

Ability: Keen Eyes

Moves:

Sand Attack

Gust

Quick Attack

Whirlwind

[spoiler= Appearance]

pidgey_by_kureculari.jpg

Her center tail feather is grey, also the rest of her feathers are more rounded and muted rather than sharp and jagged

Personality: Kimberly is caring. She always brings berries to those who can’t find them or sings to those who are lonely. She is the definition of a good friend as she will listen to all of your woes or talk you into a fit of laughing. She is fierce in the face of adversity and hates bullies among all other things. She wants the new world that she discovers to be one of hope and triumph. She will stop at nothing to see even those seen as villains given a chance to be truly happy. Some call her naïve, but she just knows she must believe. She's also a bit of a light spirited prankster. Nothing mortifying but she will occasionally make a snide comment or hide an object just to get someone riled up. It is always followed by raucous laughter

Biography: Kimberly has always been a bit of a vagabond. Never content to stay in one spot for long the moment she hatched form her egg and found her wings she was gone. Flying further and further from her nest until one day she decided the journey home would take longer than finding a new one. From that moment on she made a friend anywhere she went, sleeping in any cave, nest or den that would have her. She was never a burden or a bother to any family she visited and they all agreed she made life better.

When the news of a voyage across the ocean arouse Kim did a somersault in the air. Her dreams were finally coming true. She would be able to traverse the only thing she was never able to fly over (and not for lack of trying) the wide ocean. This was going to be thrilling, if only she could survive being cooped up on the boat for a few weeks. Of course she was sure she would be fine. Meeting people was one of her favorite things to do. This was going to be legendary.

[spoiler=Misc]

Favorite Berry: Nanab

Favorite Time of Day: High Noon

Nature: Quirky

[spoiler=The Cartographer WIP]Name: Phineas. But please, just call him Fin.

Species: Quilava

Ability: Blaze

[spoiler=Moves]Quick Attack, Crush Claw, Smokescreen, Ember

[spoiler=Appearance]IMG_2585.png

Fin is quite a bit smaller than a typical Quilava in both height and build. His forearms, which he usually keeps taped or wrapped, are heavily scarred and lack fur. His flames also burn noticably cooler than those of other members of his species when lit, save for certain occasions when he is especially emotional and his blaze ability is active. He often carries a stick of charcoal with him behind one of his ears, and more often than not he'll be munching on a gummi.

[spoiler=Personality]The first thing most pokemon notice about Fin is that, for a fire-type, he seems awfully gloomy. He's withdrawn, quiet, heck, his flames don't even seem to burn that hot when they're lit. He's certainly not the picture of self-confidence and affability that his species is known for. That being said, cold is something Fin is not. He's just shy, and with enough careful prodding, he can be coaxed into opening up.

A romantic at heart, Fin is expressive and idealistic, but both of these traits seem to be tempered with a dose of bitterness and melancholia. Though he's kind and warm (as is common with many fire types), its easy to see that Fin lacks conviction and motivation. In short, Fin seems to be depressed and unsure of himself. Its a bit of a shame too, because its plainly obvious that, when he manages to apply himself, he's immensely talented, both creatively as an artist, and mechanically as a cartographer.

In contrast to his hesitation when it comes to interacting with others, Fin's ability to put charcoal (and occasionally paint, if he can get some) to paper is astounding. He's exceptionally observant, able to find both the critical details of the landscape and the perfect angle for a portriat with equal skill. Fin is also wonderfully imaginative, and when he doesn't have a subject in front of him, he'll often put his own thoughts to paper in the form of expressionist images that are, more often than not, evocative of his mood at the time.

Though he's a bit of a wet blanket, when someone does manage to get close to Fin, they'll find that he isn't all that much different from a more typical example of his species. Like many of them, he can be rather excitable (especially when art, exploration, or gummis are the topic of conversation), and, though its uncommon, his temper is just as explosive as any Typhlosion's when he's provoked.

His biggest draw though (and the thing that makes him the most friends) is his knack for understanding and helping others through their problems. Being so quiet, Fin is easy to talk to, and unlike some of his contemporaries, he listens intently and gives honest, heartfelt advice. Part of it is because, more often than not, he's been there, be it confrontations with his father or just his childhood experiences in general, and as for the rest, its as simple as saying he's good at heart. He's loyal and affectionate too, in equal parts because its in his nature and because its not often that he becomes comfortable enough with someone to truely befriend them, and so he values the friends he does have very highly.

All in all, Fin is a nice guy. Yes he's shy and a little weird (nerdy might be an appropriate adjective), and his lack of confidence is plainly noticable to most everyone he meets, but there's enough talent, potential, and just plain old sweetness in him to endear Fin to most pokemon.

[spoiler=Biography]The product of a union between a male Zangoose and a shiny Quilava, Fin's childhood was a tumultuous one. Though his mother doted on him, his father, a quick tempered, agressive pokemon with years of experience on an elite rescue team, expected much from his only son. From an early age, Fin's father pushed him hard, taking it upon himself to teach the boy to fight: a skill that the more creatively minded Fin had little interest in. This often ended terribly, with Fin taking the brunt of violent, frustrated outbursts from his father, some severe enough to cause lasting damage (like the crush claw scars on his forearms). Things only worsened when he evolved early, and his father's expectations increased.

[spoiler=Misc]

Guys, we thought it went without saying, but you really shouldn't be picking Pokemon with a higher power level off the bat, especially not without consulting us.

Try to stick to first forms or equivalent Pokemon. If you have a very good reason, you can discuss it with us, but there's no guarantee we'll accept that.

[spoiler=Hope this wasn't too obvious]

cB3JfyR.png

KSZ3y1B.png?1

Name: Apo

Species: Deino

Ability: Hustle

Moves: Bite, Tackle, Dragon Rage, Focus Energy

Wx617Y4.png

Apo is a friendly soul, although some around the town might say a bit too friendly.  Seeing as how he is mostly blind, Apo likes to be near the things, and the people, that he interacts with, even going as so far as to nibble on fellow pokemon.  It gives him a good sense of who he is talking to. However, in many scenarios, he's not the best listener, and his attention tends to dawdle away off topic.  He loses interest in most things almost immediately, and anything that retains his attention for more than a minute should be considered something he is very invested in emotionally.  

While friendly, Apo is a fierce lover of competition, and gladly likes to showoff his physical prowess whenever the opportunity presents itself.  He loves to charge head first, quite literally in fact, into situations where the danger level would sometimes stave off others.  Although, with his dulled senses, he usually falls over himself.  He is extremely clumsy and air-headed in that sense.  He was never the brightest star in the sky.  

Apo was raised as the only child of his mother, a full grown Hydreigon.  Apo never knew his dad, but it wasn't really brought up that often in the cave, so he never thought about it.  His mother was quite the frail dragon, her wings battered and eyes always heavy.  But when she saw Apo, all of that would go away, and she would brighten up.  The two of them lived in the cave, only venturing out to get food from nearby trees and the like.  Being merely a child though, Apo tended to wander farther from the entrance of the cave to explore the outside, only to be heavily scolded by his mother.  She told him of all the nasty pokemon out there that would hurt them for merely looking at them the wrong way.  From the trembling in her voice, Apo could only assume she knew what she was talking about.  This didn't detour him, rather it did quite the opposite.  Apo wanted to become an individual who could protect his mom from the nasty world she thought was outside, and reintroduce her to a brighter one.  A world where her voice wasn't so shaky all the time, and her eyes would look the same as when she looked at him.  

After a much heated debate the next morning, Apo finalized his feelings on the matter.  His mom, wanting to protect him from what she must have experienced, understood the adventurous nature of a child sheltered in a loving cave.  It wasn't as if he could stay there forever anyways...what would he do if she were to vanish one day?  The experience would be good for a young one such as himself.  That same day, his mother sheepishly escorted him to an adventurer's guild, one that would explore lands from her to there.  It wasn't the safest option, but it was what her son wanted.  And who could say no to that face?  

Skype (Optional, delete if not used): Zachawesomeness

Guys, we thought it went without saying, but you really shouldn't be picking Pokemon with a higher power level off the bat, especially not without consulting us.

Try to stick to first forms or equivalent Pokemon. If you have a very good reason, you can discuss it with us, but there's no guarantee we'll accept that.

Switched Passimian with something more appropiate. I hope there are no complaints now~

Are Alolan forms allowed?

sheet I thought I responded to that.

Alolan forms are not allowed for this, as much as I love them, because this takes place detached from the main regions. Alolan forms would have to come specifically from Alola with what we know and I don't want heavy ties back to the main series at the moment.

Plus there's the whole, "How did Alolan forms even get here?" that would have to be addressed and considering that it's meant to be as though this is the first time a journey across the sea has been made in this world, it wouldn't exactly fit in.

Tonight I'm gonna go through apps and look for anything that might be a problem in them. Josh already mentioned the issue with non-first stages in the apps, for those of you that doesn't apply to, I'll go through your apps in more detail tonight.

Archived