[Written] Decoder Circuit, the Hacking Dracoslayer

Dragulas

Atributte: DARK

Link Arrows: DL, B

Dragon / Link / Effect

2 Pendulum Monsters

If this card is Link Summoned using a "Dracoslayer" monster as material: You can add 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck or GY to your hand. Once per turn: You can target 1 Pendulum Monster Card in your Monster Zone or Pendulum Zone; destroy it, and if you do, take from your Deck 1 Pendulum Monster with the same Type and Atributte, but different name and either Special Summon it to a zone this card points to or place it in your Pendulum Zone. You can only Special Summon "Decoder Circuit, the Hacking Dracoslayer(s)" once per turn.

ATK 1950  LINK - 2

So i'm breaking the Lore a little here, but the card is ment to support Pendulums and let them gain their former spam hability (to a certain degree) able to open zones for the ED and clearing the EMZ if its in MMZ, it also gives Luster pendulum another purpose outside of being Ignister (mainly) fodder.

Decoder Circuit, the Hacking Dracoslayer

As I mentioned, a word instead of "Circuit" that starts with "P" might be more appropriate since all the other Dracoslayer monsters follow that pattern. It's worth noting that in Japanese, the word in this position has always just been represented by a "P" with the appropriate ruby text above it.

Atributte: DARK

I think EARTH rather than DARK would be more appropriate. DARK seems to more be reserved for Dracoverlord Pendulum Monsters. The rest of the Dracoslayer Extra Deck monsters have elemental Attributes (EARTH, WATER, WIND and FIRE), so it reasons that so should the Dracoslayer Link Monster, an Extra Deck monster. Perhaps by coincidence, Link Monsters are blue just like Ritual Monsters, which the EARTH Amorphactor Pain is!

Link Arrows: DL, B

A very appropriate choice, since Majester Paladin, the other Dracoslayer Extra Deck monster without a Level, faces right in its artwork, while this card points in the opposite direction. It's also worth noting that the Dracoslayer Extra Deck monsters with a Level carry their weapons on the left side of their artworks, the same direction this card's Link Arrows point to!

Furthermore, later on you will discover that this card has an effect that deals with its own Link Arrows as well as the Pendulum Zones. As it only points downwards, these Link Arrows can only be put to use while it is in an Extra Monster Zone, and in such a zone, it is impossible to be symmetrically aligned with the Pendulum Zones. The offset of the card's Link Arrows appropriately align the card's Link Arrows back with Pendulum Zones which were offset by the card's positioning on the field due to the positioning of the Extra Monster Zones.

Dragon / Link / Effect

An appropriate choice of Type since all the other Dracoslayer Extra Deck monsters are also Dragon-Type.

2 Pendulum Monsters

A very appropriate choice of Link Materials. It's like a combination between Dinoster's (Fusion) and Majester's (Xyz) materials—multiples of the same kind of monster instead of an addition between two different kinds of monster, but also without any Level specifications. This is "very appropriate" instead of just "appropriate" because...

If this card is Link Summoned using a "Dracoslayer" monster as material: You can add 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck or GY to your hand.

... of how appropriate this effect is as well! The effect of adding a Dracoslayer Pendulum Monster from either the face-up Extra Deck or the Graveyard alludes to how Dinoster (Fusion) can Special Summon a Dracoslayer Pendulum Monster from the Graveyard with its effect and Majester (Xyz) can Special Summon a Dracoslayer Pendulum Monster from the face-up Extra Deck with its effect, much like how this card's Link Materials allude to the same other monsters' materials.

The activation conditions make mention of a Dracoslayer monster rather than of a Dracoslayer Pendulum Monster because of how the card's Link Materials are. This alludes to Ignister the Synchro Monster rather than those two above, which similarly only makes mention of a Dracoslayer monster in its Special Summoning effect, not necessarily one that's a Pendulum Monster.

Once per turn: You can target 1 Pendulum Monster Card in your Monster Zone or Pendulum Zone; destroy it, and if you do, take from your Deck 1 Pendulum Monster with the same Type and Atributte, but different name and either Special Summon it to a zone this card points to or place it in your Pendulum Zone.

I think it would be more appropriate if you could only target a Pendulum Monster in the Monster Zones that the card points to, although that would lessen its utility! One of the fun things you can currently do with your rendition is to target a Pendulum Monster in the Extra Monster Zone while this card is in the Main Monster Zone to place a new one in your Pendulum Zone—perhaps to one that this card "points" to for extra style points! 

You can only Special Summon "Decoder Circuit, the Hacking Dracoslayer(s)" once per turn.

An understandable precaution to take as the card can be very potent! What about if you can only Link Summon them once per turn, though?

ATK 1950

ATK ending in 50 is an appropriate value for a Dracoslayer Extra Deck monster, much like how the other Dracslayer monsters of Extra Deck monster card types that are generally not Special Summoned with a card effect (Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum) have ATK that end in 50; however, I think that as an Extra Deck monster that requires 2 materials for its proper Special Summon just like Majester the Xyz Monster, it shouldn't have greater ATK than the Xyz Monster, being so much easier to properly Special Summon (not requiring monsters of a specific Level). Link Monsters in general have lower ATK than other Extra Deck monsters that require a similar card investment, and 1950 actually approaches extremely close to the "cap" of 2000 that Link Monsters with a Link Rating of 2 have.

LINK - 2

Appropriate, as it requires exactly 2 monsters, no more and no less, just like the other Dracoslayer Extra Deck monsters it alludes to (Dinoster the Fusion Monster and Majester the Xyz Monster), and unlike the one it alludes less to, Ignister the Synchro Monster, which can be Synchro Summoned using 3 or more materials as well.

Good work! I can really appreciate the thought processes you've gone through in designing this card!

• I spent like 2 hours watching for the pattern on the Dracoslayer ED monster names and i honestly missed the P, might change it later (i accept sugeestions because i couldnt come out with anything).

While you re right that it should be an EARTH monster to cover the final element, the other slayers were tied to an archetype; this, because of "links lore" is tied to monster type and thus i have the freedom to choose what atributte it could be (if anything it should ve been a LIGHT), but i wanted to be DARK just because i liked it, i had no further explenation there.

I also didnt notice the fact this can point a Pend Zone, but with how the arrows works its not possible to interact with them that way (for now), it just puts the searched card into a scale regardles of where he is, or summon it a zone linked to him

I wanted to be a versatile tool for Pendulums so they d be able to clear scales as well as monsters, they dont have many non-archetype conventional ways to clear their scales (without going minus).

I could get rid of the 1 summon per turn clause and put a hard OPT on its effects, i was lazy and wanted a "universal solution" and couldnt came with something better i think, i doubt someone would want to summon him (by any means) twice.

Because of lore i dont think it shouldnt be weaker thant the OG luster (which has the same ATK than Majester), by discarding choicees having the same ATK than master made sense to me.

• I spent like 2 hours watching for the pattern on the Dracoslayer ED monster names and i honestly missed the P, might change it later (i accept sugeestions because i couldnt come out with anything).
  • While you re right that it should be an EARTH monster to cover the final element, the other slayers were tied to an archetype; this, because of "links lore" is tied to monster type and thus i have the freedom to choose what atributte it could be (if anything it should ve been a LIGHT), but i wanted to be DARK just because i liked it, i had no further explenation there.
  • I also didnt notice the fact this can point a Pend Zone, but with how the arrows works its not possible to interact with them that way (for now), it just puts the searched card into a scale regardles of where he is, or summon it a zone linked to him
  • I wanted to be a versatile tool for Pendulums so they d be able to clear scales as well as monsters, they dont have many non-archetype conventional ways to clear their scales (without going minus).
  • I could get rid of the 1 summon per turn clause and put a hard OPT on its effects, i was lazy and wanted a "universal solution" and couldnt came with something better i think, i doubt someone would want to summon him (by any means) twice.
  • Because of lore i dont think it shouldnt be weaker thant the OG luster (which has the same ATK than Majester), by discarding choicees having the same ATK than master made sense to me.

To clarify, I meant that it targets a Pendulum Monster it points to or any card in the Pendulum Zone, so only the Pendulum Monsters it can target would change, not cards in the Pendulum Zones it can target. I didn't propose any changes to where the Pendulum Monster is Special Summoned or placed from the Deck.

The thing about its ATK makes sense!

IMO LIGHT would be more appropriate, and lore-wise an explanation could be that Master Peace shifts or turns into this after its True Draco transformation. I wouldn't really go for EARTH because of the EARTH archetype at the time of Non-Pendulum Dracoslayers, Amorphages, which Luster Pendulum didn't collaborate with in the storyline, also since Link Monsters were introduced later, it wouldn't make sense chronologically for Luster Pendulum to also have a Link from back then; think of how DT Xyzs appeared only after the Xyz mechanic was introduced.

2050 ATK should be an appropriate ATK value: stronger than the Pendulum Dracoslayers, and not too high for a 2-material Rank2 with semi-specific material requirements.

Other than that, the card looks good. It is pretty much a Link2 version of Luster Pendulum, and the monster swap is mostly to trigger stuff and/or set up for a Pendulum Summon, but the latter is now held back by Link rules, so it should be fine. By having both Link arrows towards your side, the card ought to be a big boon for Pendulum decks, as they can access this rather easily and it opens 2 Zones for a Pendulum Summon from the Extra Deck.

Archived