Weapon Embodiment

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Weapon Embodiment

[Normal Trap]

Target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard; equip it to a face-up monster on the field. The equipped monster gains ATK equal to original ATK of the monster equipped to it. You can only activate 1 "Weapon Embodiment" per turn.

Alright I'll bite.

Cool card in that if your opponent has something in their GY you don't want to be activated, like a Mezuki or one of the mill to Special Summon Lightsworns, and then simultaneously benefit by gaining somewhere along the lines of 1000-2000 ATK.

I would say that the card might need to be a Hard OPT, and maybe restrict it to monsters with 2000 or less ATK since that could get out of hand REALLY fast since it's a generic Trap that could potentially function as a situational Honest.

Card is technically fine, save for potentially leading to massive power boosts on already beefy monsters (as most common monsters are over 1000 ATK and anything of that sort is good on its own). Yeah, something like United We Stand has the potential to pump up to 4800 ATK now with the new EMZ, but that's situational in its own right. As already mentioned above, you can probably just chain this to the opponent activating a revival card and steal their intended target or something, then plus off of it.

Hard OPT is fine, but chances of you using more anyway is generally slim. 

Reminds me of a similar card I made, a Quick-Play that equips the monster from the Deck and makes the equipped monster gain ATK equal to that monster's Level x 100.

Anyway, this card should be fine, IMO. Doubles as grave disruptor and can potentially give a big ATK boost, but as a Trap you have to wait for a turn to inflict the damage plus you need a big monster in either grave. Can't wait to see this in Cyberdarks since they can mill 5-headed Dragon and then equip it.

It is a flat out better Roll Out, that can dub as a sort of D.D. Crow.

I love the potential uses this card has.

-Dragunities use Militum to make it revival, or surprise equip a Leyvatenn with something.

-Dragons in general float off of Light & Darkness Dragon or Eclipse Wyvern

-Extra Deck ditch cards like Nekroz can equip a Quasar or Herald and get the search/Shooting Star

-Unions

-Not sure is something like the Hermos Fusions would get their effects off of this, but it'd be fun if they did.

It is overall a solid card IMO.

Umm... Roll Out! equips appropriate targets. This card does not. If the card doesn't say "appropriate" then that monster doesn't get it's effect. If this card did say "appropriate", then it would have to have a requirement to obey, like Union monsters and such. That way the card gets its effect.

So it is a better card, but it's not a replacement (Roll Out! isn't very good anyway).

Umm... Roll Out! equips appropriate targets. This card does not. If the card doesn't say "appropriate" then that monster doesn't get it's effect. If this card did say "appropriate", then it would have to have a requirement to obey, like Union monsters and such. That way the card gets its effect.

So it is a better card, but it's not a replacement (Roll Out! isn't very good anyway).

Uh... Oh well then. I guess that's one less use. I think Combination Attack could still un-equip it regardless, but yeah in there Roll Out would do the trick just the same and be a bit more appropriate. The other listed uses are still fair game, though.

Archived