A School of Villains [IC/Not Accepting/PG-16]

King K. Azo

"If I ever wanted something done, huh...?"

Devin bit her lip, at the offer. There was certainly one thing she wanted, but wasn't it a bit too soon to ask for that item? She didn't even know if it was real, or if this guy was pulling her leg. But it was worth a shot, she supposed. She glanced over to the merchant with a soft smile, almost patronizing.

"How about you find me a mi-"

Before Devin could finish her statement, a bolt of electricity flew in front of her face. She tried to look at where the attack came from, but was once again caught mid-action by something else shooting over her right shoulder. She froze in place, a slight growl escaping her as the druggy and the red-haired chick seemed to continue chewing each other out. She didn't care about the duo of the teleporter and angry boy, and she found the reaction of the flaming Satan worshipper hilarious... But she was definitely pissed off that she was being used as target practice and being dismissed so quickly.

What did people want if not to be entertained? She personally found her jumpscare quite entertaining, even with Rain trying to pretend it didn't scare him. And he wanted her power to remain a surprise! She felt her body tense up as it prepared to shift into a combat ready form, barely regaining her senses before she could give in to her instincts.

"We're all students here, right?" She returned to the demure smile and tone, "So why pick fights day 1? Even my spat with... Miss Mirren here has ended quite amicably. She was just offering her services as a merchant to me. Don't you think classmates should get along, despite spats?"

Despite her words, the girl shot a particular glare at the grey-haired druggy. She already had a feeling that he would be someone she'd be fighting with... probably literally. Ignoring the squabbling between the Satan worshipper and the glowy chick, she tilted her head slightly, clapping her hands together, eyes closed, still facing the marble shooter. Unintentionally, her skin turned a shade lighter, though only the most astute watchers would notice the slight change.

"We should try to co-exist as best we can, if we're to be living together."

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

Rain eagerly observed Devin as she was quite obviously considering the proposal.

I’ve got her!

"How about you find me a mi-"

Before she could finish her word though, a lightning bolt pierced the air just in front of her face, followed up within fractions of a second by a whistling projectile. From her growl and tension shortly afterwards, it was pretty fair to say her mood had just soured. With it, so had Rain’s. Due to these bumbling idiots, a near-guaranteed business contract was just interrupted. He had been ignoring them for now because they hadn’t been interfering but now… His eyes turned deadly cold.

Just as he was about to get up, Devin had spoke up.

"We're all new students here, right?

So why pick fights day one? Even my spat with... Miss Mirren here has ended quite amicably. She was just offering her services as a merchant to me. Don't you think classmates should get along, despite spats?"

Rain raised an eyebrow at her addressal of him.

So I’m the miss now? Pffft.

The amusement was enough to get him to settle back down. Causing another ruckus right after this would just put her efforts to waste and antagonize an already unsteady deal further. For such sweet words though, the glare sort of ruined that image. She seemed to have realized it herself though, because she quickly shut her eyes moments later.

After she finished talking, Rain was about to on her shoulder lightly to get her attention when something suddenly felt slightly off. It was as if a very tiny ripple had appeared in the general direction he was facing. Pausing, he tried to decipher what it could have been, but it was too momentary and slight for him to have noticed, even with his observational skills.

Shrugging, he moved to tap on her shoulder again when he was again interrupted by another set of idiots. Just in front of Rain and Devin, the golden-haired kid butted heads - quite literally - with the girl in front of him extremely hard, before screaming out his name and aggressively declaring his superiority. The girl didn’t seem to be impressed though, judging from the swift knee to his face.

Wait a second... Rain flicked through his mental catalogue of customers. That surname… I remember it from... He blinked as it came to him.

”Oi, bra-”

"OH MY funking SATAN WOULD THE LOT OF YOU ALL SHUT UP?!

IF YOU ALL WANT TO FLIRT, GO DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! SOME OF US ARE HERE TO LEARN! AND WHOEVER WAS SCREAMING, IT'S WAAAAY TOO funking EARLY FOR THIS sheet-”

Oh for funk’s sake. Who was this new idiot? With a quite literal hellish appearance as he lit up in flames and equally red eyes for an otherwise unnaturally grey appearance, a new bombshell had dropped. And judging by the reaction of the Disciplinary Committe member, it wasn’t going to bode well.

"Now, hold there---,"

"You shut the funk up too,"

Rain groaned, burying his head in his shoulders. This was too much stupidity for him. He kept an eye on Devin and Randall now as well, but he cared about no one else. Within moments of Inu’s dismissal of the Disciplinary Committee member though, the air temperature dropped rapidly.

"You dare tell a second year and a member of the Disciplinary Committee to shut up?"

"I don't care if you're the leader of the funking Valkyrie Brigade, you're annoying!"

"No worries. I have a plan for this,"

At this point, Rain wondered if anyone else realized the irony of the flaming boy-child telling everyone else to shut up while now starting a new fight. But thankfully, a small girl arrived and broke down the fighting. With a completely love-struck stupidity in his voice, the ice-child relented, sitting back down. It seemed as if the other idiot knew this girl though, judging by his questions.

A fancy suited boy-child appeared seconds later, introducing both himself and a little bit more knowledge of the girl, Ali, that had stopped the fight. What Vichear said next though, made Rain instantly turn full-throttle attention towards him though. The fight had soon ended afterwards with only a few more small scuffles, and a new entering girl and Devin ending the fight for good.

"We should try to co-exist as best we can, if we're to be living together."

But now wasn’t the time for that anymore. Turning towards Devin, Rain grabbed her shoulder lightly to get her attention.

“Don’t forget about me, alright~? You still have my business card. And I’m the best in Lowhaven, and I’m going to be the best in the world one day. Seems like you had something to say until those idiots interrupted you, but I’m off to take a quick detour. Tell me once I’m back~♪”

Before she could even respond, he was bursting out of his seat. The deal with Devin was probably secured anyways, so he no longer had an issue to worry about. What was important now was the Vichear boy-child. Rain wouldn’t normally be this excited, but for a school that was depressingly abundant of muscle-headed idiots that only knew how to fight, it was a wonderful bliss to meet someone like Vichear.

Almost tripping as he made a mad dash towards the self-proclaimed information gather, Rain struck a feminine wink and pose towards Vichear. Straightening up, he bowed respectfully before offering a soft, white-gloved hand. For something meant to be a quiet whisper-tone, his excitedness made it a bit hard to hold back to volume, the several people nearest to him would probably hear next to everything.

“Hi there, Sir Vichear Hoshi! I would like to introduce myself as a fellow dealer of business.

You may call me Rain Mirren. Or 「The Merchant」, for my business side name. My side of business is in goods and services. I can get a hold of almost any item that exists within this world. Services are the same. And same for other services too~♪”

He rolled his tongue slightly to make a slight, but definitely noticeable playfully teasing tone the second time around he said the word. Opening up two portals between the palm of each hand, Rain let a stream of 24 karat gold coins, $100 bills, diamonds, and other similar representations of cash flow from his right palm on top into the left palm on the bottom before shutting off both portals and dusting his hands off by his sides.

“My only stipulation of my business partners is they pay a matching price of their request.

But I’m sure that two people like us in the world of business can work out something between us two, if you wish~♪

I would enjoy getting to know you better after all.“

With a sleight-of-hand, Rain pulled out a business card* from somewhere, sliding it across Vichear’s desk.

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, Sir Vichear Hoshi. I do hope we become comfortable business partners.”

With another small bow, Rain gazed at Vichear’s face as he waited for the second-year’s response.

For a rough start, this day has taken a wonderful turn~♪ Prost! I can smell the whisky and smoke already~♪

mMh3ba1.png

[spoiler=Rain’s Business Card]Rain Mirren

「The Merchant」

(XXX) XXX-XXXX

“Everything in this world has got a price tag, and I’m the one collecting~♪”

“Hi there, Sir Vichear Hoshi! I would like to introduce myself as a fellow dealer of business," Vichear was picking up his tophat that Kess knocked off, dusting it off before he looked up to the person approaching him, inwardly sighing. Was this another idiot, one that thought that his services were as cheap as an internet search? Still, he put on his business face, a big grin, one meant to be friendly. You may call me Rain Mirren. Or 「The Merchant」, for my business side name. My side of business is in goods and services. I can get a hold of almost any item that exists within this world. Services are the same. And same for other services too~♪” Vichear could pick up that Rain was rolling his tongue slightly to make a slight, but definitely noticeable playfully teasing tone. However, something happened that caught Vichear's attention. Opening up two portals between the palm of each hand, Rain let a stream of 24 karat gold coins, $100 bills, diamonds, and other similar representations of cash flow from his right palm on top into the left palm on the bottom before shutting off both portals and dusting his hands off by his sides.

This was an opportunity the fellow business man had to seize. However, diving head first way too fast would prove disastrous. He would have to play his cards right... 

“My only stipulation of my business partners is they pay a matching price of their request. But I’m sure that two people like us in the world of business can work out something between us two, if you wish~♪ I would enjoy getting to know you better after all.“ With a sleight-of-hand, Rain pulled out a business card* from somewhere, sliding it across Vichear’s desk. “Pleased to make your acquaintance, Sir Vichear Hoshi. I do hope we become comfortable business partners.” With another small bow, Rain gazed at Vichear’s face as he waited for the second-year’s response.

Vichear spun his hat around, placing it on his head before tipping it to Rain. "The pleasure is all mine," He said back with a polite tone. "I have to say, you are perhaps the only one to value information. Most here are just meatheads rushing into their next fight," He had a small grin. "So as a sign of goodwill and to commemorate a good partnership, I will allow you to use my services once for free. From there, you can determine if we can be... mutually beneficial to each other," Vichear was no fool. He could no risk angering one with good connections, so in the end, Rain held most of the power. 

He would have to bid his time, either becoming a viable informant, or create his own connections. Either way, this would be interesting, no doubt about it. 

And then abruptly, A man in a red hood and cloak that covered his body appeared in front of the class. No noise, no sign that he entered. He just appeared. 

"Good morning class! I am your teacher, The Globe!" He said, his voice projecting through the whole class. He had a friendly tone of voice, and seemed excited to be there. "If you will take your seats, then we will take roll!" When everyone had sat down, he took his paper, calling roll, placing a check mark next to people as they answered him. However, when he came to the end of his list, he looked up to Ririna. "Um... excuse me, but you aren't in my class. At least not according to my list. If you want to sit in and listen to my lecture, I don't mind, but try to go to your actual class tomorrow, okay? The last thing we need is a pissed off teacher on day two," He placed his hand inside of his hood, looking like he was pushing up a pair of glasses, despite them being unable to see his face. "Now if you don't mind, I'll start with an easy question today," 

The lesson begins

The teacher began to pace in front of his desk as he spoke. "So, we all know how society functions today. Heroes and villains fight against each other, each with their own goals and ways to achieve them. Now, allow me to pose this question. What is a villain?" he looked around the room, before pointing at Patton. "You, Mr. Grisaille, what do you believe a villain to be?" Patton looked up at The Globe, before answering,

"The guy who fights the hero," The Globe nodded.

"A simple answer, no? But let's break this down more. Surely there is more to a villain than just that," He said before looking around the room. He pointed to Randall. "Mr. Dukes. Why do the heroes fight the villains?"

"Because that's what heroes do! They funk with our plans."

"Yes, that is true. They do funk up our plans, however, that doesn't answer my question. What is the motivation behind this?" Looking around, he pointed to Kess. "Ms. Branwen, why do heroes oppose villains?"

"Because they think they're right... and we're wrong. Think they're better than us when they're just as funked up and pig-headed as all the rest of these clowns," she sounded very pissed, and she refused to make eye contact with anyone else. The Globe sighed.

"While your answer is acceptable, I ask you do not pick fights or make fun of your fellow students while I am teaching. I rather not have to drop dump trucks on people while I'm trying to educate all of you," He said before continuing. "However, she is right. Heroes do believe they have a moral high ground on us. But why? What makes them right, and us wrong?" He looked around, before pointing at Inu. "Mr. Gamaroshi, what gives them the moral high ground? Exactly why are they considered right?"

Inu looked up from his notebook, before tapping his chin with his paper. "Well... they uphold the laws society has. So they would be seen as right," 

"Exactly!" The Globe suddenly interjected, snapping his fingers. "Now, allow me to ask, who made these rules of society? The people? No, they were indoctrinated in these ways from childbirth. The real answer is people from many centuries ago, people who have no idea how the world would evolve, and in no way could anticipate things like superhuman abilities," he went back to pacing. "So, if people from a long time ago made the rules, and people blindly follow them, it would be easy to call them... slaves of the system, would it not?" He turned to the class. "And heroes are the ones that keep the world in that ridged mindset. In a way, villains are only villains because we refuse to become slaves to an unjust system, instead choosing to take the world in our own hands and form our own destinies," Even though they couldn't see his face, they could tell he was smiling.

"Now, if that's the case... you could say heroes are much worse than they claim us to be," He smiled and went back to behind his desk. "Now, I am going to pair you all up, and I want you to talk to the person you're paired up with about what exactly you believe a villain is," He looked down at his paper. "Camille Leroux and Patton Grisaille will be one group. Jin Yukihara and Rain Mirren. Inu Gamaroshi and Kess Branwen. Ali Nitsua and Mary Bourque. Eva Thanamors and Devin Kismet...," He paused as he looked at his sheet. "Randall Dukes and Vichear Hoshi will be the final group," if Ririna stayed behind, he'd turn to her. "If you wish to join in the discussion, just insert yourself to any group," And with that, he sat down, letting the others to start their debates.

"No it is not tech," Arleigh's gun-hand was then engulfed in a small, black cloud of smoke, the reformed back into her normal hand. Of course, that is to say, except for her index finger that was then engulfed in another, smaller cloud of smoke and reformed into something in the shape of a pen. "It is, however, sweet." As Arleigh said this, there was a comically small and high-pitched bang from the barrel-tip of Arleigh's pen-gun finger, a tiny, red bolt of energy erupted from the tip and hitting the new kid square in the forehead with all the force of a flick of Arleigh's finger. 

The kid in question rubbed his forehead in response.

Arleigh turned and pointed at Victor with her thumb. "I think this guy is, though. He was talking to his phone before."

Victor sighed and cleared his throat. "Sadly my powers aren't able to turn body parts into guns or anything like that. As cool as that would be." he said, before shaking his head. "I'm actually a technopath. Victor McCoy, or Vic." he said, extending a hand out towards the newcomer.

"Right, technopath. One who talks at phones. My name is Arleigh Schmidt. I am guns." Arleigh paused for a moment. "Do you ever get the feeling like it is maybe... more peaceful than perhaps it should be? Or perhaps that there is some, great conflict that you are not currently experiencing?"

"I mean, it's Lowhaven. I'm sure someone's getting away with murder somewhere," The boy said, before pointing a thumb at himself. "I'm Akira Togogashi. Nice to meet y'all! I have the power of not having a power! I'm pretty good at tinkering with stuff, though!" He sat in his seat next to Victor, scratching his cheek. "So... umm... you think the teacher is going to show up, or...?" 

As soon as the words left his mouth, a portal opened in the chalkboard, fire being able to be seen through it, and the screams of the damned filled the room. A hand come out from the portal, and a being completely lit on fire pulled himself through it, standing behind the desk, folding his arms and staring intimidatingly at the class. The portal closed, and the fire suddenly died, revealing Adolf Hitler standing before them, wearing a cape over his uniform. The cape fluttered in an invisible wind as he stared at the group of four.

"Hello, und velcome to History class.  I am Adolf Hitler, but you may call me Mr. Hitler, or mein Fuhrer," He said, his voice thick with a German accent. "Ve are here to learn apout zee hisdory of fillainy.  If you listen clozely, you may affoid zee misdakes of zee bast, und zucceed vere others haffe failed!" He paused, thinking to himself. "Now, zeeing as ve haffe zuch ein small class, I vill ask all of you to come up to zee front und tell us vy you zink Hisdory is imbordant.  Ve vill... sdart vith you!" he said, pointing at Victor. "Und zen you!" He quickly redirected his finger to Arleigh. "Zen zee one zat looks like he dunked his head in ein fat of oranges," He said, referring to Akira. "Und finally you!" he pointed at Katie. "Vat are you vaiding for, get schtarted!"

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Right, technopath. One who talks at phones. My name is Arleigh Schmidt. I am guns. Do you ever get the feeling like it is maybe... more peaceful than perhaps it should be? Or perhaps that there is some, great conflict that you are not currently experiencing?"

"Well, Arleigh...my power is more than just talking to phones." Victor chuckled with a shrug. He wouldn't lie, that was the first time he heard his power being described as just "talking at phones". Needless to say, he found this quite funny.

"I mean, it's Lowhaven. I'm sure someone's getting away with murder somewhere. I'm Akira Togogashi. Nice to meet y'all! I have the power of not having a power! I'm pretty good at tinkering with stuff, though!"

Now Victor was greatly impressed with this Akira guy at this moment. Not only did he just get to class via a grapple, he had the courage to admit that he didn't have a power whatsoever. Victor could tell that he was serious in regards to tinkering with things, the grapple being fairly obvious. "So an inventor eh? I have to say...you have quite the equipment that shows that." he said to Akira, before smirking and decided to get some conversations with the piece of equipment that Akira had. "I have to say, you have quite the creator." he spoke to it, establishing a psychic mental connection to it.

"He is excitable, it is true. I apologize if he caused you any issues. He slept in too long due to upgrading me." Victor heard the grapple reply to him.

"I see, I see. No worries, however. No problems were caused. Though to be completely honest, I've never seen someone enter a classroom in such a fashion. All in help to you, of course." he nodded, chuckling slightly to himself.

"It was either that or gliding in, but he decided grappling was safer."

At hearing this, Victor began to chuckle at this thought. He'd probably have to wait to see if Akira would do this in their next class meeting here. Before chuckling, Victor looked at Akira and smiled. "You must be quite the inventor and tinkerer. Your grapple there definitely sings your praises." he said with a nod.

"So... umm... you think the teacher is going to show up, or...?"

Before Akira could even finish the last part of his sentence, a portal to what Victor would assume was probably leading from hell and in walked their teacher for History: Adolf Hitler. It wasn't a typo...and it was legit. This was Hitler, small mustache and everything. Obviously the classroom was silent at this point, probably quiet enough to hear a pin drop, that was until Hitler began to speak.

"Hello, und velcome to History class. I am Adolf Hitler, but you may call me Mr. Hitler, or mein Fuhrer. Ve are here to learn apout zee hisdory of fillainy. If you listen clozely, you may affoid zee misdakes of zee bast, und zucceed vere others haffe failed! Now, zeeing as ve haffe zuch ein small class, I vill ask all of you to come up to zee front und tell us vy you zink Hisdory is imbordant. Ve vill... sdart vith you!"

To Victor's surprise, he was chosen to go first, then following him was Arleigh, then Akira, and finally Katie. He sighed heavily before finally standing up and moving up to the front and cleared his throat. "Mr. Hitler." he nodded at the man, before exhaling slightly.

"For me personally, history is a look back to see what worked in society and what didn't." he said, putting a hand in his pocket. "In a classic example, take a villain who's doomsday machine was prepped and ready to bring chaos upon it's master's wishes. However, it failed due to a hero stopping them." Victor paused a moment, his mother coming to mind for a moment when he mentioned "hero". Nevertheless, he shook it off and continued. "Of course, learning from the mistakes from that moment, the villain can make strides in prepping his doomsday machine once more, but throw in more precautions into the equation to counter the hero, if they rear their head to stop it."

Taking a deep breath, Victor glanced at the class and then at Hitler. "The same is applied to our own history. We learn from the past events of the many great villains and diabolical individuals, see where they failed, and in the process...learn from them and make sure to not make the same mistakes that befell those before us." Finally, he finished, before looking at Hitler and nodded at him to let him know he was finished.

Kess flicked a glance at Camille, eyes narrowing. This girl was being suspiciously friendly. And there was something about her that was... Something just wasn't right.

"Not my problem when or how their pulse stops," she replied arrogantly, turning her head away from Camille and pointing her nose skyward, her heels up on the desk, arms crossed. "I don't give a damn about any of the people in this room but me... And that goes for you too, shorty."

She lowered her eyes to look ahead at Patton as he spoke to her, though her body did not budge from the position she was in, her face still pointed directly at the ceiling. Her eyes narrowed as Patton spoke, needling her. Was he trying to get her into a fight? Well, he could sure as hell have one. Kess wasn't impressed by him or his stupid marbles.

"I'm not curious at all," she replied, her tone low and dangerous. "I know exactly how that fight would turn out, Peashooter. You think I'm scared of you? I've tangled with sheet WAY worse than a straggly little string bean like yourself." As she spoke, she was flexing a hand into a fist, releasing and clenching it over and over. Sparks ran over it as she talked, and her face was slipping into a confident smirk. 

She was prevented from needling him further by the arrival of their teacher. Kess appraised him with a curious eye. She had been told the teachers here were the best of the best, and they were what she was most curious about. If they could offer her nothing, this school was useless. And so far this guy wasn't knocking her socks off.

She gave the answer to the question as a bit of a snap, and her eyebrows rose dangerously when she was reprimanded. "I'll do whatever I like with 'em, you great hooded bastard!" she growled, leaning forward with her hands slamming into her desk, glaring at him. "Nobody here has what it takes to fight a hero, whether or not they care what's going on in their head... I bet most of you haven't even FOUGHT a hero!" she yelled out in challenge, rounding on the class and yelling this at them with an accusatory scowl. Her heart was beating in her chest very quickly now. "What use is knowing what a hero cares about us? All I need to know is who doesn't like me, who I don't like, and how hard I can-" She punctuated this next word by punching a hole straight through her desk, splinters flying in the wake of her power-charged punch, "-HIT them!" 

She stood there, a withering glare shot at The Globe, blood oozing from her hand, steaming on contact with the sparks that flashed out from her body. For a brief moment it looked like she might attack him. Then she turned, waving her injured hand dismissively.

"But whatever. Have your little talks. I'll chat with Hellboy over here... He looks to be one of the few of you idiots with any gumption." She seized the chair next to Inu's desk, violently turning it so it faced away from The Globe and sat in it, leaning back in her chair with arms crossed, heels propped against the wall as she resumed the closed-off pose she had taken earlier. But there was a noticeable difference now, to Inu, at least. Unlike the others, he could see her trembling hands.

"You. Hellboy." She tossed this out suddenly, glaring at Inu with one hooded eye. "Whaddaya reckon you are, then?" The question was layered in heavy sarcasm, suggesting exactly what Kess thought about this discussion.

Arleigh

The chit-chat had been light and pleasant, but it wasn't long until a hellish portal opened up in the chalkboard and out walked The Big Man Hitler Himself. There was another slight flash of amber in Arleigh's eyes as she stood at attention while the teacher addressed the class.

"Hello, und velcome to History class.  I am Adolf Hitler, but you may call me Mr. Hitler, or mein Fuhrer," He said, his voice thick with a German accent. "Ve are here to learn apout zee hisdory of fillainy.  If you listen clozely, you may affoid zee misdakes of zee bast, und zucceed vere others haffe failed!" He paused, thinking to himself. "Now, zeeing as ve haffe zuch ein small class, I vill ask all of you to come up to zee front und tell us vy you zink Hisdory is imbordant.  Ve vill... sdart vith you!" he said, pointing at Victor. "Und zen you!" He quickly redirected his finger to Arleigh. "Zen zee one zat looks like he dunked his head in ein fat of oranges," He said, referring to Akira. "Und finally you!" he pointed at Katie. "Vat are you vaiding for, get schtarted!"

Arleigh took her seat while Victor stood up.

"For me personally, history is a look back to see what worked in society and what didn't," he said, putting a hand in his pocket. "In a classic example, take a villain who's doomsday machine was prepped and ready to bring chaos upon it's master's wishes. However, it failed due to a hero stopping them." Victor paused a moment, his mother coming to mind for a moment when he mentioned "hero". Nevertheless, he shook it off and continued. "Of course, learning from the mistakes from that moment, the villain can make strides in prepping his doomsday machine once more, but throw in more precautions into the equation to counter the hero, if they rear their head to stop it." Taking a deep breath, Victor glanced at the class and then at Hitler. "The same is applied to our own history. We learn from the past events of the many great villains and diabolical individuals, see where they failed, and in the process... learn from them and make sure to not make the same mistakes that befell those before us." Finally, he finished, before looking at Hitler and nodded at him to let him know he was finished.

Hitler nodded back and motioned towards Arleigh who stood up promptly.

"History is more than just mistakes, it is the story of how humanity rose up to become what we are now," Arleigh began with a tone much more academic and technical than how she sounded before. "While we may learn from mistakes, it is equally, if not more important to learn of what we have done right and how it was accomplished. It is our collective story filled with rises, falls..." Arleigh's eyes flashed a bright amber once more, this time more noticeable. "...And our many great wars that have been raged; a cycle of violence and bloodshed that shall perpetuate through our present and into our future until nothing remains!" Arleigh cleared her throat and blinked, the light amber glow disappearing. "In short; I believe history to be a record of success and failure from which we may learn as we address the world of today."

Arleigh quickly snapped at attention, and took her seat promptly, not breaking a sweat in the process.

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

"The pleasure is all mine.

I have to say, you are perhaps the only one to value information. Most here are just meatheads rushing into their next fight,"

Vichear grinned slightly at this.

"So as a sign of goodwill and to commemorate a good partnership, I will allow you to use my services once for free. From there, you can determine if we can be... mutually beneficial to each other," Vichear was no fool. He could no risk angering one with good connections, so in the end, Rain held most of the power.

He would have to bid his time, either becoming a viable informant, or create his own connections. Either way, this would be interesting, no doubt about it.

Rain’s eyes sparkled dangerously, his face warming into a dazzling grin. He had been around long enough in the business world to recognize Vichear’s acceptance as little more than a practical awareness of strength and not simple friendliness. But even so, everything had gone impeccably. Just as Rain was about to lean in and invite Vichear for a drink, the teacher instantaneously appeared in the front of the classroom.

There’s another teleporter…?

As it tunrned out, the new person ended up being the teacher. Rain raised an eyebrow at the incredibly enthusiastic and cheerful voice that projected from under the hood.

This is a villain school… right…?

When the teacher had pointed out the slum rat girl wasn’t even in this class though, Rain couldn’t help but choke slightly on a muffled laugh, muttering under his breath.

“What is it even doing here then? Pffft.”

Pausing momentarily to apparently push up glasses that weren’t even visible, the teacher continued on. Going around the room, he started to ask random students what they thought it meant to be a villain and the motivation for villains. Most of the answers were fairly disappointing though, reflecting the crude and stupid brains of the answerers. Ignoring them, Rain leaned over, waving slightly at Vichear briefly to get his attention again.

“Would you perhaps join me for a toast to our new partnership~♪?

"Give me a time and place, and I will make it a top priority,"

Rain looked towards the sky to his upper-left as he ran through ideas in my head, his tongue poking out slightly on the left-side of his mouth as he thought. As an idea bubbled up in his mind, Rain’s eyes twinkled slightly.

“What about… the dorms tonight~♪?

"Risque, are we? I do believe that it will not be a good idea, as teachers will be showing you to yours. Unless you wish to do it tomorrow."

At the accusation, Rain shrugged, the picture-perfect image of innocence. Speaking with a playful tone, his eyes revealed he was anything but.

“I guess it will have to be my room then. Probably wouldn't be able to wander off to yours, would I?

But… Unless the teachers will be around all night doing that and keeping an eye or ear near... I'm sure there might be... a bit of free time somewhere~♪

Vichear thought for a moment before replying.

”That is true. Then let us partake around… midnight then.”

“Midnight then~♪”

Rain winked, offering a soft hand. With a handshake, it was settled. Back towards the front of the classroom though, it seemed as if something decent was finally happening.

The flaming grey-child from earlier seemed to have some modicum of wisdom to detect what sort of answer the teacher had wanted, answering accordingly. This was fairly surprising. Inu, was his name, didn’t seem like the kind of student to be helpful, even to teachers.

With a bolster of excitement, the teacher went on, lecturing the students about how villains were not truly unjust and perhaps heroes were even worse. Rain listened for his name.

So I’m paired with the Discplinary Icecube? Hmm… might be a decent chance to see if I could gain some ground with them…

Leaning back in his chair, he peered towards the cryochild a few seats back. Just before the chair would’ve toppled, Rain crouched and threw himself over the top of the chair. Landing on his feet, he turned around to face Jin, winking.

“Seems like I’m your partner, Ice- Jin. I don’t really care too much about the definition of a villain. I wouldn’t be the best one to ask anyways, I’m only sticking around for the money.

Hm… maybe I’d say it as someone with more freedom in what to do. No restriction of other lives or morals or laws.

What say you?”

mMh3ba1.png

Just as Eva got up and started to walk again towards the friendly girl with all the birds, everybody was suddenly quiet. Turning around, the young girl noticed the teacher had arrived, and jumped to sit down behind the girl whose chair she had tripped on. Before pulling out anything from her backpack, however, she scribbled down the name and a quick mock-up of the Pee-sychology teacher.

As the class progressed, a thought invaded Eva's otherwise-devoid-of-thought head. Everybody had a strong opinion of heroes and villains, while she was only there because of Master's will. They all spoke so confidently about what they believed in, and yet...

...Eva Thanamors and Devin Kismet...

“Huh? Wait wha...?” Oops. Eva had drifted off and hadn't paid attention to the assignment. Looking around frantically, everybody seemed to be getting up, sitting next to somebody else, and chatting away. She sighed, hoping that her partner had been listening.

Getting up, she directed herself to a blue-haired girl whose general direction The Globe had looked at while he said 'Devin' and sat in front of her, legs straddling her chair and a big smile on her pale face.

“Heya! I'm Eva! I hope you're Devin! Are you Devin? What was our assignment again?” A barrage of questions hit the blue-haired girl's ears as the young zombie had been wanting to talk to somebody since class started. Since everybody else was chatting, she assumed they had to get to know each other.

Devin nodded to Rain as he walked away. While she had almost said what she wanted, she thought about it now that the boy was leaving her be.

"... I probably shouldn't. I want to keep my powers a secret until we at least have a fight... and the extent of them moreso. Asking for that would probably be a dead giveaway."

She shook herself from her thoughts just in time for the Psych teacher to appear from thin air. She recoiled in her seat slightly, her thoughts taking over as quickly as they had been shaken.

"What's his deal? I know I was distracted, but that was too fast. Is it super speed, or...? Wait, dump trucks?! Is he superman or something?!"

Devin mostly tuned out her fellow students during the teacher's lecture, but she caught every word that Globe said. She wanted to bare her fangs at him, literally. Despite his apparently mild mannered nature, he seemed to take pleasure in the twisted worldview itself. The shapeshifter stewed in place for a moment before the zombie girl plopped in front of her, seemingly as soon as the Globe had finished talking. She seemed ratheri innocent, and Devin was fairly certain it wasn't an act. She began to relax and gave Eva a soft, genuine smile.

"That's right, I'm Devin Kismet. It's nice to meet you, Eva. For your other question, our assignment is to tell one another what a 'villain' is to us."

While she made sure to show no outward signs of concern, Devin was beginning to freak out behind the scenes. What was a villain to her? She had plenty of answers, but none of them felt like the right answer. Despite this, he didn't want to lie outright, so she decided to settle for a half-truth.

"In my eyes, a villain is a part of changing the world. Mankind cannot surpass its limits without hardship and challenge. Think of viillains as... bosses in a video game. When you defeat them, you level up... What about you, Eva? What do you think a villain is?"

cvSOo2m.png

t4arjP8.png

"I'm not curious at all. I know exactly how that fight would turn out, Peashooter. You think I'm scared of you? I've tangled with sheet WAY worse than a straggly little string bean like yourself." Patton gritted his teeth, clenching the side of his desk tightly with his hand opposite the girl, doing his best and failing to mask his anger at her response. This jabroni... What does she know? She has no idea how strong I am, and to say something like that... Rather than giving Kess even more ammunition to use against him, he turned back to face the front of the class, the rigidity in his movements making it clear he was flexing near every muscle in his body with frustration.

As he turned forward, the teacher of the class suddenly appeared. No sort of blur like super speed, nothing like the teleportation of the shorter of the two bratty girls who were fighting, he was just... there. His appearance seemed to startle some of the other students in the room, who tried to divine how he did it, but quite frankly, Patton didn't care. However he got into the room had nothing to do with why he was here. This man, The Globe, was here to help them all become stronger, which was all Patton really cared about. Not to say psychology is going to be the most helpful class here. Once we get somewhere I can properly show off, then we can get moving forward. Nevertheless, he was instantly targeted for a question. "You, Mr. Grisaille, what do you believe a villain to be?"

Patton lightly chuckled to himself as he sat up. A suitably basic question for the first day. It deserved a suitably basic answer. "The guy who fights the hero," he put bluntly, before slumping backward in his seat, turning his gaze toward the ceiling. I wonder how many floors I could shoot through without shifting gears... As he internally debated whether or not to test his best guess of "2," the lecture continued, quickly moving onward to the electric girl. Based on what she said, and her strong reaction to being called out for her aggression, Patton could only assume she had some kind of conflict with a specific hero. Sounds like a fun little origin story that I don't have time to care about. Patton continued to vaguely listen to the conversation as some rando in the back row engaged in pseudo-intellectual bullshit with the teacher, but could hardly give fewer shits as The Globe tried to make pitiful excuses for his villainy, trying to sell it as some moral high ground.

"Camille Leroux and Patton Grisaille will be one group."

Despite being honored to be in the first group named, Patton was far from excited to pretend to care about this shitshow of a lesson. "Hey, Cammy Lewhothefuck, I don't know who you are, and I'm not moving, so you need to come over here," Patton spoke directly to the ceiling, loud enough for everyone to hear him without shrieking like the blue-haired jabroni or his new high-voltage friend. Giving his partner ample time to make her way to him and introduce herself should she choose to, he slightly tilted his head in her direction, vaguely nodding in acknowledgment of her existence. Great. The death fetishist. "I may as well start, since I already answered and being late seems to be your shtick."

Changing his position so that he leaned over the desk, resting on his elbows, Patton tilted his head back and forth, popping the joints of his neck as he used the opportunity to glance at Kess across the room, seeming to be hitting it off with the rando who acted like he knew everything. Son of a jabroni, those sanctimonious pieces of sheet belong together. Turning his attention back toward Camille, he sighed quietly. "I said it before. A villain is the guy - or girl, I guess - who fights the hero. Everything else they are trying to peddle here is horse manure. They pretend to be smart so that they are morally absolved of their actions. Everyone wants to be the good guy, and they totally miss the point. All that matters is strength. The most powerful being on Earth is subject to nothing, not even these imaginary concepts like morality." Stealing another look at Kess across the room, he continued, speaking slightly quieter than before, "You probably heard the tail end of our exchange. If I'm gonna be honest, that jabroni is right. My power is a hell of a lot weaker than hers. But that's why I'm here. I am going to get stronger. So strong that the entire world, heroes and villains, will oppose me. They will have to oppose me. That is what a real villain is. An overwhelming force that cares not about semantics like good and evil. Everyone else here is just a poser, a glorified crook."

Patton rolled his eyes, slumping back in his seat again, "Now is the part where you tell me I'm wrong, how the world actually is black and white. But trust me, everyone is just as gray as me, they just don't realize it."

3Q9bv2S.png

"Not my problem when or how their pulse stops. I don't give a damn about any of the people in this room but me... And that goes for you too, shorty."

Hmph. I might have been a bit too hasty to pick who I sit next to. I'll have to try buttering her up sometime; I don't want this kind of person to start my school day with every other day.

Camille tuned out the conversation she was having with the white-haired boy. They were both so eager to just go at one another, weren't they? In Camille's experience, those were the types of people with the most delectable blood. She didn't have much time to think about what their blood might have tasted like before suddenly, a new voice and face made themselves present in the room, at the front. When did he get there? Camille listened in as the teacher introduced himself. He was The Globe. He didn't sound much like a villain. Then again, the entrance speech from Headmaster was also pretty underwhelming, and N. Ox had been duped by that Robbie character. Camille's mild doubts about this school's faculty were coming up again. Even so, she paid close attention to what The Globe had to say. She came here to learn after all, and even the questions and answers to and from other students were things Camille paid close attention to. One conversation in particular stood out.

"Ms. Branwen, why do heroes oppose villains?"

"Because they think they're right... and we're wrong. Think they're better than us when they're just as funked up and pig-headed as all the rest of these clowns."

"While your answer is acceptable, I ask you do not pick fights or make fun of your fellow students while I am teaching. I rather not have to drop dump trucks on people while I'm trying to educate all of you."

"I'll do whatever I like with 'em, you great hooded bastard! Nobody here has what it takes to fight a hero, whether or not they care what's going on in their head... I bet most of you haven't even FOUGHT a hero! What use is knowing what a hero cares about us? All I need to know is who doesn't like me, who I don't like, and how hard I can HIT them!" 

The girl's fist slammed into the desk with the end of that sentence. At that moment, a specific scent crossed Camille's nose. She'd recognize that aroma anywhere. Blood. As students started moving into their groups, Camille eyed the girl's desk. A bit of it was still there. Now was as good a time as any to test her little theory about the taste of that girl's blood. Camille carefully ran a finger across one of the small amounts of blood still on the desk. It was hot to the touch, more than she was used to. Likely due to the girl's powers. There wasn't much of it on Camille's finger; enough to even look like she'd simply pricked her finger on something.

"Hey, Cammy Lewhothefuck, I don't know who you are, and I'm not moving, so you need to come over here."

And the other one is my partner. Wonderful. Even Camille wasn't sure if she was trying to be sarcastic or not. She put her finger in her mouth to taste her classmate's blood, and promptly froze in place for a brief moment. This stuff's amazing! I'll have to see if I can get some more from her to keep for later. Camille hurried over to Patton's desk in the meantime. The sooner this was over, the sooner she could ask about blood donors. "Yes, that's me. I'm Camille Leroux. A pleasure to meet you." Camille's introduction was met with a brief nod, before Patton went first on what he believed made a villain.

"I may as well start, since I already answered and being late seems to be your shtick. I said it before. A villain is the guy - or girl, I guess - who fights the hero. Everything else they are trying to peddle here is horse manure. They pretend to be smart so that they are morally absolved of their actions. Everyone wants to be the good guy, and they totally miss the point. All that matters is strength. The most powerful being on Earth is subject to nothing, not even these imaginary concepts like morality. You probably heard the tail end of our exchange. If I'm gonna be honest, that jabroni is right. My power is a hell of a lot weaker than hers. But that's why I'm here. I am going to get stronger. So strong that the entire world, heroes and villains, will oppose me. They will have to oppose me. That is what a real villain is. An overwhelming force that cares not about semantics like good and evil. Everyone else here is just a poser, a glorified crook."

Camille nodded. It was probably tough to tell in the wake of sampling some of the best blood she'd had in a good few years, but her eyes were alight in agreement with everything Patton had just said. Perhaps not the bit where some mortal boy gets so powerful that the entire world has to oppose him, but Camille was completely on-board for the rest of it.

"Now is the part where you tell me I'm wrong, how the world actually is black and white. But trust me, everyone is just as gray as me, they just don't realize it."

"No no, you're absolutely right!" Camille answered. The enthusiasm was definitely there. "A villain is someone who finds the thing they want, then they take it, with sheer force or some other form of power. Morality is just a comfort toy the heroes make up to rally the masses behind them, and they use the law as their shield if that fails. Without those things, everyone is the same, scrambling to take what they want and clashing with each other just for the more powerful one to have their way. If human morals or laws were never created, we wouldn't be heroes or villains at all. They're concepts people are better off without, are they not?"

Camille was starting to think her first impressions of this boy might have been a bit too harsh. She liked his way of thinking.

Mary giggled a bit at the lack of reaction. These people were certainly going to be interesting. The only thing that seemed to get a rise out of them was aggression. Mary could certainly do aggression. And if that's what it took to make friends here she might have to...adapt. She'd keep a lid on it for now though. No use boiling over so fast. She had plenty of time to savor the fun to come.

Not to mention the teacher came in soon after so it wasn't as though there was much time to do anything anyway. He seemed like a cheerful guy. That was good, why be a villain if you're going to be angry about it?

She glanced over at those who had answered his questions. They had it all mixed up! What did right or wrong have anything to do with it? She wanted to say something but she hadn't been asked. It wasn't polite to speak out of turn after all.

Though as she was now partnered up with a young lady, who Mary seemed to recall had tried to get people to stop fighting earlier, Mary could finally have her say. It took a few moments after approaching the girl to speak up though as she was looking at the ears. They were pointed...and begging to be grabbed and twisted...Mary wondered how much they could take...

"Er, hello there, how do you do? I apologize if I were staring it's all still a bit strange to me being around so many people my age. I'm Mary and I suppose we're to be partners in this little assignment. If you don't mind I'll start. To me a villain...well a villain is a silly way to describe it. The word just doesn't sound pleasant does it? I think about villains as the person who does things to give themselves the best life possible no matter what. After all there's no point in living without enjoying it right? So I guess I would say a villain is someone who is best at having a good time. What about you, Ali?"

4UuhTQy.png

"We're all students here, right?" The girl that was sitting right behind him spoke up. "So why pick fights day 1? Even my spat with... Miss Mirren here has ended quite amicably. She was just offering her services as a merchant to me. Don't you think classmates should get along, despite spats?" Randall scoffed loudly as she continued to babble on, staring directly at the ceiling. Most of the people around the girl seemed to not have heard her over the sounds of chaos in the classroom. 

"Tough crowd, huh?" He chuckled to himself, staring at the ceiling. It didn't take much long after for a cloak figure to appear in front of the entire class, introducing themselves as the teacher. The Globe, as he had introduced himself as, seemed just a bit too eager to be here teaching. Randall chuckled when he heard that Polka Dots was not even part of this class. "Dumbass." He thought to himself as the teacher continued on with his class, asking the white haired kid a question about what a villain is. 

"A simple answer, no? But let's break this down more. Surely there is more to a villain than just that," He said before looking around the room. He pointed to Randall. "Mr. Dukes. Why do the heroes fight the villains?"

"Because that's what heroes do! They funk with our plans." He said, sitting upright as he spoke. His elbow rested on the desk as the teacher seemed to be dissatisfied with his answer. He rested his head on his hand as the other students responded. The electric girl spoke up, insulting everyone in the room in the process as she slammed her fist onto the desk. Randall grit his teeth, but before he could respond to her the teacher intervened. He scoffed, slamming his fist into the desk. "I'll have to have a 'chat' with her later..." He hadn't noticed the wide grin on his face as he thought to himself. The teacher droned on and on, bringing Randall's grin back into a scowl.

Eventually, The Globe split them up into pairs. Apparently he had to find a Vichear - Randall vaguely remembered the name coming from the back of the room. Glancing at the back, he eventually found his partner. Randall slowly made his way there, taking the seat in front of the other boy. "So we gotta talk about what it means to be a villain, huh? That's funking easy!" He slammed his fist onto the desk. "The term villain is a stupid funking label put on us by those weaklings." His face seemed to morph into an expression of pure disgust as he spoke about the weak, before continuing. "Those funking powerless chumps decided they didn't like getting picked on by those stronger than them. Don't they know that's how it's suppose to go! The weak should fear the strong!" He scoffed. "The only reason why we're down here while they're up there is because of the funking dumbass heroes! I will never understand how someone with powers could think its logical to turn into a public lapdog for those funking weaklings. You don't see lions protecting gazelles, do you!?" At some point during his rant he had stood up and, subconsciously, had launched the chair he was sitting on towards the closest wall, leaving a crack on it. He took a minute to compose himself before continuing. "So yeah, a "villain" is just someone who understands how natural selection works."

cvSOo2m.png

t4arjP8.png

"No no, you're absolutely right! A villain is someone who finds the thing they want, then they take it, with sheer force or some other form of power. Morality is just a comfort toy the heroes make up to rally the masses behind them, and they use the law as their shield if that fails. Without those things, everyone is the same, scrambling to take what they want and clashing with each other just for the more powerful one to have their way. If human morals or laws were never created, we wouldn't be heroes or villains at all. They're concepts people are better off without, are they not?"

Patton's eyes widened at her answer, as he tilted his head to look her in the eyes. He could see a certain fierceness in her that caught him off guard, almost like a wild animal hunting its prey. A small grin appeared at the edge of his mouth as he sat up straight. She suddenly became a lot more interesting. Leaning toward her, he noticed the dramatic difference in height, even while they were sitting. "You know, you are a bit of an ankle-biter. I imagine being shorter causes people to underestimate you. It's a pretty neat trick." Looking slightly off to the side, he scratched his chin, "It seems we pretty much agree on this stupid-ass topic. I don't have anything against heroes, really. I fight because that's how the world works. One person is an auditor, another is a butcher, I'm a fighter." Returning his gaze back to her eyes, he lowered an eyebrow, the interest clear in his expression. ​"Speaking of which, your whole condescending shtick on your way in prevented me from getting a clue what you can do. I know Dynajabroni back there can do some sheet with electricity, and I think someone else in here can throw chairs or something, but I haven't seen anything from you." The marble orbiting his right wrist accelerated briefly, before he pointed his index finger upward toward the ceiling. The marble changed its course, running down the length of his hand and firing straight upward, before falling back down to be caught with his opposite hand.

"I believe the term is 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours'"

t4arjP8.png

"Um... excuse me, but you aren't in my class. At least not according to my list. If you want to sit in and listen to my lecture, I don't mind, but try to go to your actual class tomorrow, okay? The last thing we need is a pissed off teacher on day two," 

Ririna's eyes widened in a panic, as she realized that her random guess for her first period was clearly incorrect. Shooting a gaze full of vitriol back toward Randall she stood up and began walking out of the classroom, brushing past him aggressively as she dropped a pebble she marked for her power into his pocket. Her years of experience as a gutter rat made her a damn good pickpocket, and this wasn't too far off. "Well, I have better things to do than sit in on a class full of dumbasses like you." Without another word, she disappeared seemingly into thin air, rematerializing at a junction in the school's hallway she marked in advance, in case she ended up getting lost. "Now that I'm done dealing with that particular idiot, I should probably find the office and get a new schedule..." Thinking about that dumbass in the glasses, she blushed slightly. At least she got to knee him in the nose before she left.

Inu raised an eyebrow as he listened to the question that their teacher posed. Villains truly being the ones in the right?An interesting take on the world, but it didn't matter much to him. He didn't sign up for the philosophy, just the psychology. Still, villains liked to monologue about their views. Now they had a group that had to listen. Oh joy. They were soon spared of an 45 minute long one, however, as they were split up into groups. It seemed he got the lightning hot head that slammed her fist into his desk.

"You. Hellboy." She tossed this out suddenly, glaring at Inu with one hooded eye. "Whaddaya reckon you are, then?" The question was layered in heavy sarcasm, suggesting exactly what Kess thought about this discussion.

"Would it surprise you if I said I'm not here for the villain school?" Inu asked. "I'm actually here to become a lawyer. I mean, I know they're pretty much the same thing, but you know, there is a slight difference," He shrugged. "But to me, a villain is someone who discards rules set by higher powers to do what they want. Same definition as a sinner, but eh," he leaned back in his chair. "How about you?"

“Seems like I’m your partner, Ice-Jin. I don’t really care too much about the definition of a villain. I wouldn’t be the best one to ask anyways, I’m only sticking around for the money. Hm… maybe I’d say it as someone with more freedom in what to do. No restriction of other lives or morals or laws. What say you?”

Jin rubbed his chin as he thought about it. "I would say a villain is one that tries to disrupt the natural order of things. Not that this is always bad, mind you. Sometimes, you just have to disrupt the order to create a new one. Whether the general populace likes it or not,"

"Er, hello there, how do you do? I apologize if I were staring it's all still a bit strange to me being around so many people my age. I'm Mary and I suppose we're to be partners in this little assignment. If you don't mind I'll start. To me a villain...well a villain is a silly way to describe it. The word just doesn't sound pleasant does it? I think about villains as the person who does things to give themselves the best life possible no matter what. After all there's no point in living without enjoying it right? So I guess I would say a villain is someone who is best at having a good time. What about you, Ali?"

Ali rubbed her chin as she thought to herself. "Well, I do agree that villain is a silly way to put it. I kinda of see that people that label others 'villains' just don't understand the suffering the so-called villain has gone through, and how their actions would help save the world, even if it means people giving up their free will to bend to their ideals,"

"So we gotta talk about what it means to be a villain, huh? That's funking easy!" He slammed his fist onto the desk. "The term villain is a stupid funking label put on us by those weaklings." His face seemed to morph into an expression of pure disgust as he spoke about the weak, before continuing. "Those funking powerless chumps decided they didn't like getting picked on by those stronger than them. Don't they know that's how it's suppose to go! The weak should fear the strong!" He scoffed. "The only reason why we're down here while they're up there is because of the funking dumbass heroes! I will never understand how someone with powers could think its logical to turn into a public lapdog for those funking weaklings. You don't see lions protecting gazelles, do you!?" At some point during his rant he had stood up and, subconsciously, had launched the chair he was sitting on towards the closest wall, leaving a crack on it. He took a minute to compose himself before continuing. "So yeah, a "villain" is just someone who understands how natural selection works."

Vichear simply clapped softly in response. "Bravo, good sir. I can't add much more to what you said," He stated. "We have pretty much the same views," He then smiled. "I'll have to stay on this one's good side. He could be useful at some point," He thought to himself.

oXNSzB8.png

Hitler seemed pleased with the answers Victor and Arleigh gave, nodding with a smile on his face. After the others said their piece, Akira walked up to the front of the class, before clearing his throat. "I think History is important because psychology was filled up and this was my only other option," Hitler didn't seem amused, as he threw a chalkboard eraser at Akira's head, nailing him between the eyes.

"Nein! Zit your ass pack dovn! Jawohl!" He roared, with what appeared to be hellfire blazing behind him. Akira scurried back to his seat as Katie walked up. 

"History to me is more than just learning from the mistakes of the past. It's learning the successes of them as well, and improving them so we have a better chance to control our future," She said with a shrug. "Sorry, I'm not as great of a speech giver as you," She was obviously trying to flatter their teacher.

"Few are, mein dear," Hitler stated, nodding. "Don't vorry. Py zee end of zis zemesder, you vill pe giffing sbeeches like zee pest of zem!" Katie nodded and walked back to her seat. Hitler stood up, looking over the class. "Zince ve haffe ein schorden class, I vill giffe you all free time. Put you haffe homevork! You must look up one great feat you look up to und one great failure you scorn! You vill giffe ein small oral zummary of it next class!" He sat back down and opened a book, allowing the class to talk amongst themselves.

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"I think History is important because psychology was filled up and this was my only other option,"

"Nein! Zit your ass pack dovn! Jawohl!"

Apparently Akira tended to want to make a bit of a scene here, to which it was quite funny to be completely honest. Victor only gave a small smirk, trying his best not to laugh as he watched Akira sit down, a bit of chalk dust between his eyes from the eraser Hitler threw. Then Katie gave her own take on the question, before sitting down.

"Zince ve haffe ein schorden class, I vill giffe you all free time. Put you haffe homevork! You must look up one great feat you look up to und one great failure you scorn! You vill giffe ein small oral zummary of it next class!"

The rest of class is to ourselves...and we need to think of a great feat and failure? Victor thought, making a note of this, pulling out his phone and opening up the Notepad application and putting down the assignment. Shouldn't be too difficult.

With that, the class was free to talk amongst themselves. Victor, moved his bag some and pulled out his laptop, immediately logging in and seeing that he was indeed connected to the school's WiFi, just as Serenity had said. With a crack of his knuckles, he started to run a quick diagnostic on his machine and even his phone. He was, after all, quite keen on doing these whenever he could get a free moment.

"Well, while not the answer he was looking for, Akira, it was an interesting answer nonetheless." Victor said, turning his head towards Akira, before putting his hands behind his head. "So, I have to ask...so pardon sudden intrusion on your own personal reasons...but what's a person like you doing in a school such as this? I mean, an inventor with no latent abilities or powers in a school of uprising villains, it's quite strange."

3Q9bv2S.png

"You know, you are a bit of an ankle-biter. I imagine being shorter causes people to underestimate you. It's a pretty neat trick."

"Why thank you."

"It seems we pretty much agree on this stupid-ass topic. I don't have anything against heroes, really. I fight because that's how the world works. One person is an auditor, another is a butcher, I'm a fighter. Speaking of which, your whole condescending shtick on your way in prevented me from getting a clue what you can do. I know Dynajabroni back there can do some sheet with electricity, and I think someone else in here can throw chairs or something, but I haven't seen anything from you. I believe the term is 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours'"

Camille watched the display of Patton's ability with interest. She didn't fully get it, but she suspected that it was an ability that made him suited for long-ranged combat, if his use of a marble in particular was of any note. If she and him got into a fight, it was good to know that she would probably be able to deal with him relatively easy. Getting close to a target was what she did best, after all. And indeed, as Patton had said, now that he'd shown her his abilities, it was only right that she showed him hers. Just as well. She needed something tasty to make up for that expired blood from earlier. Patton seemed be as delicious a donor as anyone else in this room. And so, Camille nodded, before putting to use her own ability. Her skill with magic. Before her partner's eyes, Camille would gradually fade into invisibility.

"My forte is necromancy," she explained, getting up from her spot and moving to Patton's side. "But I prefer magic of a sneakier nature. Invisibility, smokescreens, that sort of thing. That, and..." Camille - standing just behind Patton - opened her mouth before leaning down and sinking her fangs into his neck. She took care to avoid any major blood vessels; she didn't want to kill a fellow student on her first day of school after all. She sucked just a little bit of blood out of Patton's body, before standing up straight and undoing her spell, revealing herself for Patton to see once again. A distinct expression was across her face, like she'd just eaten something especially sour.

"I'm a vampire," she stated. "Your blood is very sour by the way. I'd say you need to settle down in life, but I like sour anyway." It's more sour than the lightning girl's. I can't let these two kill each other; they're my favorite donors in this school already and I've only just met them.

4UuhTQy.png

Vichear clapped softly in response to what Randall had said. "Bravo, good sir. I can't add much more to what you said," He stated. "We have pretty much the same views," He gave Randall a smile, which Randall responded with a scowl. He had seen this act before many times from his father's clients, although he was never sure if they were trying to kiss his ass or if his father had meddled with them. 

"Save the act, bub." He used his force powers to bring the chair back, taking a seat from it. "I know your type - trying to get on people's good side by agreeing to what they say. Dad gets all kinds of punks like you on the daily. Although I don't know why you'd try to kiss my ass... I guess I'm just that awesome, huh?!" He chuckled to himself. "Or maybe you've heard of my father... Apparently he's big here." He sighed. "I'd ask you for your actual opinion on the matter, but I don't really give a sheet what you think." His eyes lit up. "Let's have a more interesting conversation, huh? What's yer deal anyways? I mean I've basically showed you what I do with this damn chair, so what's so special about you?"

Arleigh

"Zince ve haffe ein schorden class, I vill giffe you all free time. Put you haffe homevork! You must look up one great feat you look up to und one great failure you scorn! You vill giffe ein small oral zummary of it next class!" Hitler sat back down and opened a book, allowing the class to talk among themselves.

In almost a flash, Arleigh had a laptop out and on her desk, an old Gateway 2000 Solo 2200. Opening up the large, brick-ish computer on her desk, the machine booted up with an old, yet familiar start-up tone. After a minute, Arleigh's fingers were dancing across the keys with an almost unnatural speed.

"Well, while not the answer he was looking for, Akira, it was an interesting answer nonetheless." Victor said, turning his head towards Akira, before putting his hands behind his head. "So, I have to ask... so pardon sudden intrusion on your own personal reasons... but what's a person like you doing in a school such as this? I mean, an inventor with no latent abilities or powers in a school of uprising villains, it's quite strange."

"Of course, what could a villain possibly do with a highly competent, yet wholly average skillset?" Arleigh remarked dryly as she continued to remain focused on her own work.

"That's right, I'm Devin Kismet. It's nice to meet you, Eva. For your other question, our assignment is to tell one another what a 'villain' is to us. In my eyes, a villain is a part of changing the world. Mankind cannot surpass its limits without hardship and challenge. Think of viillains as... bosses in a video game. When you defeat them, you level up..."

Eva listened intently, Devin exhuding a calm, peaceful aura with her smile, something that contrasted with the more violent rest of the group.

"What about you, Eva? What do you think a villain is?"

When she was done, Eva sighed, twirling her orange hair with her index finger, while both her elbows invaded Devin's desk, “A boss? Isn't that something you fight? Why are we training to be a punching bag? I want to level up by defeating others!” Her train of thought was as simple as her. She was more suited to following orders than to thinking for herself, which made her think of...

“Well, Master is a villain. They call him Plaga Noctis. And by they, I mean the heroes that constantly try to take down our house. I ran into one once, ya know? I was just doing my job, collecting bodies for Master, and he popped out of nowhere, talking about what's right and wrong...” Eva rolled her eyes to make a point, “...and I don't really understand any of that! Eva does her job and she likes it! If he has a problem with it, then why should I care? Master sure didn't. He evaporated that dummy before I had a shot at him.”

“That's why, to me...a villain is somebody who does what they want, regardless of the law or morals! And a hero is somebody who thinks you shouldn't do whatever you want if it's 'bad'!” She finished, proud of herself, propping her chin on her hand and looking at Devin as if waiting for an answer.

“A boss? Isn't that something you fight? Why are we training to be a punching bag? I want to level up by defeating others!”

"Ah, but who says the boss always loses?" Devin placed her own elbows on the desk, lacing her fingers together with her palms down, resting her head on her knuckles. A red flash flickered through her eyes as they locked with Eva's, but her smile never wavered. "Of course, everyone has to lose, eventually. Even your... Master."

The word left a bad taste in the shapeshifter's mouth, but she didn't think that pressing it would be wise at the moment. It would not yield enough, and the current topic was fine, now that she had found her footing.

"You see, Eva... Sometimes a boss has to be fought a hundred times before it's defeated. Once defeated, those who defeated it get stronger, and the world can move on. I don't believe this is a simple case of good and evil... But a case of adversity leading the world to growth!" Devin's demure smile turned into a toothy grin as she announced the last part with a slightly louder voice. She leaned back, her arms stretched out, palms upwards as she continued.

"Our job is to bring the world to progress, to betterment, through our actions! The heroes are the players, and we're the bosses, born to bring the best out in them and the world as a whole!"

Devin caught herself as she grew progressively louder, clearing her voice and returning to her more composed and demure expression and position. Luckily, she hadn't made a visible shift during her empassioned speech.

"Ahem... As I said, we don't have to lose immediately. In fact, our job is to remain as long as possible, be as strong a boss as we possible can be. Who knows?"

Devin's expression changed only slightly from before, but something about it felt colder, dark.

"Maybe one day, there will be a villain so strong that the heroes can't defeat the boss. When that day comes... It would be the end of the world."

QYD3LUb.png?1

w5GTvGH.png?1

Enrolled in this society's school?  It was almost pathetic.  The human race was a millennia behind his own, the Vol'thoo'maran, in both ethics and technology.  Ever since he had arrived on this blue marble called Earth, he had harbored the utmost disdain for humanity.  However, the "villains" who had found him soon after he left experimental facility said he would soon have his revenge upon the inhabitants of the Earth.  He would need to be groomed for their cause first, furthering their own agenda with him as a tool.  It meant very little to him.  After all, nothing was running back and forth through his mind than the thought of revenge.  It must have been why he was running so late!  He was having the most pleasant dream of setting fire to all of human history, and building it back up in his own image.  

He had finally made it to class.  History, he remembered.  What a coincidence.  To destroy history, one should learn from it first, as to not make the same mistakes twice and have them recorded two fold.  He opened the door, ducked under the top, and waltzed in to see the diverse array of other student's that preoccupied the class.  There was no teacher in sight now either.  It seemed like it was kiddie play time for all of the other villains in training to get to know each other.  Vix'us stared at the bunch, his eyes shifting focus from one individual to the next.  They all looked like gross children to him.  He towered over them, which was not to his surprise.  The Vol'thoo'maran were known far and wide for their rather tall heights.  He didn't speak a word, rather he studied them, as he made his way towards an empty desk.  As he sat down, he noticed that the accommodations had not yet been made for him, seeing as he was a last minute add-on.  The desk was small, and cramped his legs.  He huffed, while swinging his legs out and to the side.  

Vix'us would sit patiently and await the next teacher, praying to the vol'fire that none of these human children would interact with him.   

"Well, I do agree that villain is a silly way to put it. I kinda of see that people that label others 'villains' just don't understand the suffering the so-called villain has gone through, and how their actions would help save the world, even if it means people giving up their free will to bend to their ideals,"

Mary had momentarily gotten lost once more in the girl's temptingly innocent face. She was such a sweet girl. Sweet girls probably would be even more fun to give agony. Though she supposed she should respond to what she said. That was what this class was for right?

"I don't really know much about saving the world or bending to ideals. It's a bit over my head I'm afraid." Mary laughed lightly. "I'm just a simple girl who wants to have fun. Is...bending people to your ideals fun for you?"

She certainly didn't like the idea of villains wanting to take away her free will. She already had that once in her life and once was more than enough. Did this girl think that villains should dominate others? And not in the fun way?

"Doesn't that mean only one person can be the true villain?" No, that didn't sound fun one bit...

pYjXyiE.jpg?1

"Damn Brat"

x393wz.jpg

A red head by the name of Alex was whistling a familiar tune while walking down a dark yet comforting alleyway on his way to Center Lowhaven High. Beforehand, he had "experimented" with his illusions and managed to scam six people and get three different kinds of jewelry and photo album of a random guy's children. Not his best haul, but he'd have to make-do. As he approached the honestly kinda cool looking ruins that's supposed to be a school, he checked his watch. Oh, I'm only one period late. By now, you would've thought that I would've skipped 3rd period. Alex thought, ever so slightly shocked.

As he got closer to the inside of the building, he managed to get a look at what seemed to be a vortex of black and white, most likely leading to the actual building. I wonder if the inside is kept hidden by magic, or the outside is just an illusion. The very thought of an illusion master powerful enough to fake the outside and inside of a large building made his hair stand on end. As he walked through the vortex, he found himself standing in a hallway busy with students. He checked his schedule. "Psychology, eh? What class could be more perfect?" Alex chuckled to himself. He started roaming the school's halls in search of the classroom, while also trying to build a very basic mental map of some of the school.

As he finally found his class, he took the time to savor a final deep breath before he started having fun. Inhale... and exhale. He opened the door to find different people paired with each other and discussing. Alex instantly started labeling them with cute nicknames and wrote them down on an empty notebook he found lying on the ground. Since nobody seemed to notice his arrival, he took a seat at the back and observed...      

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Alex's Nicknames]

Patton

Camille

Randall

Vichear

Devin

Mary

Eva

Inu

Kess

Rain

IK1noaq.png

eapDZZi.png

The girl seemed to have an interest in Patton's power, which he found mildly amusing. You've hardly seen the half of it. He caught yet another hint of his partner's predatory nature, peaking through her polite exterior, before she seemed to fade completely out of existence. Ah. Invisibility. Not what I would have pegged her for, but a useful ability nonetheless...

"My forte is necromancy," Patton could hear faint footfalls trailing from where she sat nearer to him. "But I prefer magic of a sneakier nature. Invisibility, smokescreens, that sort of thing." Patton could vaguely sense her presence directly behind him, the sound of her voice confirming her location. As she continued her explanation, he could feel her drawing closer to him, lightly feeling her breath on his neck. He gripped the side of his desk, bracing for what he was increasingly sure would come next, the marble orbiting his wrist accelerating once again to the point of audibility. "That, and..."

A sudden sharp pain or, more accurately, two points of pain, pricked Patton's neck, before immediately fading, presumably the result of some sort of anesthetic. He felt some of his blood being pulled through the two small openings, as well as a small flinch, as if the vampire had discovered something that surprised her. Not enough was lost to cause his any real harm, but any amount was more than he had planned to donate that day. First day here and I am already being made a meal of... Patton had to strain himself so as to prevent himself from attacking in retaliation, both because of the risk in sudden moves with her teeth currently being locked into his flesh, as well as the now incredibly literal ankle-biter not being the classmate he was hoping for a full-scale battle with today. After only a few seconds, she rose from her snack, becoming visible once again, her lips adorned with a slight pucker, as well as a few drops of his blood.

Patton was up on his feet before she had a chance to say anything, looking down at her with an aggressive stance. "I'm a vampire," she said bluntly, as if that detail wasn't incredibly obvious from her demonstration. "Your blood is very sour by the way. I'd say you need to settle down in life, but I like sour anyway." She looked up at him as if he were some sort of sports drink, causing his blood to boil even hotter than usual.

Sour? The hell is that supposed to mean, anyway? Patton gritted his teeth, raising his hand so that it pointed at her head. His arm was cocked back as if he was readying a punch, but his fingers pointed straight outward, creating a potential path for one of his shots directly between her eyes. "I don't really know vampires work, but I doubt much of anything can survive without a head. I can't tell exactly what you are playing at, but if you plan to use me as some kind of buffet, you might be surprised by which one of of loses more blood in the process."

Archived